"Getting to Know You" Game

In Love with a Masked Guy

"Game? What kind of game?" You aksed with furrowed eyebrows. 

"Hahaha, you should have seen you expression! Are you scared?" He began teasing again while poking your sides. 

"YAH! I was just asking okay?!!?" You said as you slapped his arms.

"Ow. Why are you always angry anyway?" He asked with a grin.

"Psh, stupid jerk." You mumbled. 

"What did you say?" 

"Nothing! Now let's start with the game! What game are we going to play anyway?" 

"Getting to Know You game!" He exclaimed, like a child given a lollipop.

"What game is that?" 

"Simple, we would just answer each other's questions. Well, we will answer the same question and then you can throw another question after answering. Get it?" 

"Okay, simple. But how will we know who loses?"

"If you lie or don't answer the question directly." He smirked.

"Okay, call." You said with excitement.

"Okay, I'll start first okay? Why did you decide to leave your house?" 

"I expect you to know the answer already!" You said while he shot you a glare. "Answer me." He said with a smirk.

"Ugh, fine! The arrange marriage was only one of the factors. The real reason or reasons are the stresses and expectations that I've received from then ever since I was young. Since I'm the only child and they are one of Korea's icons, they really expect me to be the PERFECT daughter. They enrolled me in different classes like piano, proper etiquette, cooking, formal dance lessons and any lessons or classes that suit their expectations of me. Okay, I was spoiled and everything but they didn't even pay attention to me. All they do is work, and if they're not home, all they do is work again. I gave them high grades, but they weren't enough for them. Like I said, they want me to be PERFECT. So when I entered Junior High, I became a little bit of a rebel. I always went out to party behind their backs and without their knowledge. I would always come home at around 12 during weekdays and 5 am during the weekends. But depsite that fact, I still maintained my grades since I don't want to be suspicious. I was having the time of my life when they decided to go home and break the news to me; that I'm going to marry your cousin. So, that's my life story." You said with a chuckle.

"Wow, I've never heard of anything like that." Daehyun said with awe and pity.

"Haha, I know right. Now, it's time for you to answer the question." 

"Okay, I've told you most of it, but there's something that I left out. I'm an illegitimate child. I was born in Busan and grew up there with my mom. We were happy even though without the presence of my father. Whenever I ask my mom who my father is, she would just tell me that's he's deady already. And being the oblivious and innocent child i was, I beleived her. But when I was growing up, I kept on hearing rumors about my mom being a home wrecker and everything. So I decided to confront her and force her to answer me. And I wasn't expecting her answer. She said that the rumors were true. She was impregnated by her boss, my dad. At that time, he was married to his wife but cheated on her with my mom, his secretary. When my father's parents knew about it, they blackmailed my mother and forced her to go to Busan. They gave her money every month until they both died.  I was dumfounded with what she said, all those years of me craving for a father, it was covered with lies. It's All Lies. But I can't blame my mom, instead, I'm grateful to her since she kept me alive. She became my mother and father at the same time. But a few months later, I discovered that she was ill and she has only 4 months reamaining. I did everything, I worked very hard so that I can earn money for her medication and eveything. But the money was insufficient. She died a horrible death after 4 months. But before leaving this world,  she gave me an address, telephone number, medical tests, blood tests, birth certicate and her necklace that was given to her by  my dad. Okay, I'll stop there first. Now it's time for you to ask me a question." He said while wiping his eyes.

"Okay, so what happened after?" You asked with curiosity.

"I guess you leave me no choice then. So after her burial, I came here to Seoul. Being born in Busan gave me a lot of disadvatages, specifically my accent and satoori. Anyway, so I arrived here in Seoul and started looking for the address. I arrived at the said address and was shocked when I learned that my father is the owner of THE Jung Corporations."

"Jung Corporations? So your last name wasn't Jung before?" You asked him while cutting his story short.

"Uhm, yes. I was a Kim before. Now it's time for you to answer that question.

"What? NO! just continue with your story." He then gave to a glare since you were supposed to answer that question as well. "Please?" you asked him while doing your puppy eyes. "Ugh, fine! But you have to pay later arasso!" He said with frustration.

"Okay, like I said a while ago, I didn't know that my father is the owner of Jung Corporations. I arrived at the said address and was ushered in. Good thing my father was at home when I visited them. And they were even giving me glares and suspicious looks since I had my luggages with me. So i explained everything to him and he also had the same reaction as mine. He didn't even know about my existence before I visited him. I showed him the papers and the necklace and he immediately believed me. He hugged me and told me that he was sorry for not even exerting effort in finding me. He asked about my mother and I told him that she has died already, leaving me no choice but to live with him. He agreed at once and intruduced me to my hyung, his first and "only" son from his wife. Sadly, his wife has also died from an accident, leaving me, my hyung and him. Hyung and I were close like friends but not as brothers. Well, we don't fight and argue with each other every time, but when we do, it ends up as a violent argument. But after that, we would reconcile and be friends again. Since we were "only child" at some point, we have craved for the a sibling at one point of our lives; explaining our "friendship" bond. We were just two years apart, making us more close. But through time, it changed."

"What happened?" You asked him again with curiosity.

"Oh, you're going to pay for it." He joked again.

"Arasso! Now continue!" You demanded him.

"Okay, we fell in love with the same girl. When I was in 3rd Year of Junior High and he was in 2 Year of Senior High, we had the same group of friends as well. And then one of our male friends introduced the both of us to his sister. I don't know but it was like love at first sight for the both of us. At first the three of us would hang out like normal friends. But she fell in love as well, sad to say, with me. So being the hyung that he is, he moved on. And that included being distant to both of us. Our brotherly bond was destroyed and we just became strangers again. I was saddened with that thought, but at least I got the girl of dreams. Two years has passed and hyung is a freshman in college already. Hyung seemed to have moved on since he was dating one of the queenkas of his university. I was really happy for him since he has proven to me that he has moved on. But destiny seems to be playing some games on me. I learned that hyung is just using that girl as an alibi and my girlfriend was cheating on me, with my brother. I was devastated when I learned about that. Being the stupid lover I am, I forgave her. But she said that she doesn't love me anymore and she was pregnant and the father of her child is my brother. And that is when I started to rebel, well, started to drift away from my family. I started focusing on music just to forget everything about her. I attended Nataraja Academy and stayed in the dorm. After graduating, I was determined to pursue my dream, to become a singer. But father was against that, he said that I have the potential to become the company's next CEO. Then I ran away. After the incident in the jail, I and the other persuaded our respective families and they agreed to it. And now, here we are." 

"Wow, your's depressing too! Well, more of heartbreaking. Have you moved on?" 

"Well, it's really hard but since they're really happy and I already have a nephew, I need to. I don't want to be a homewrecker." He said with an awkward laugh.

"I guess destiny's just a right? Falling for a person and yet, don't receive the same treatment? Life and love are really pathetic. They're just playing with us." You said with a sigh.

"Techinically, it's true. But it's also a way of teaching us lessons and directing us to live out lives to the fullest. In addition to that, it's destiny's way of showing us to the right person. And I believe with patience and fate, we would find the right person for us, our soulmate." Daehyun said with a serious look. 

 

A/N

I know, it's such a looooong yet crappy chapter. But still, I'm really thankful for supporting me! You're my main reason and strength  for updating! Thank you again! Saranghamnida!! <3