Day with Minwoo

Heartbeat

"Yo, Hyung!" Minwoo ran up to Jiho, who clapped him on the back. Minwoo stepped back, and bowed politely to Sungyeol, Minki, and Sohee. 

"Annehaseyo! I'm No Minwoo." Minwoo grinned, his smile reaching his eyes. My breath hitched again at the thought that that smile would be gone. Minwoo looked back at me.

"Come on noona, let's go have fun!" Minwoo waved me over. I walked towards them, and Sungyeol slung his arm around my shoulder, trying to silently comfort me. 

"Where shall we go?" Jiho asked Minwoo, and Minwoo furrowed his eyebrows in thought.

"PARK!" Minwoo cried out. Sohee raised her eyebrows.

"You want to go..to the park?" Minki enuciated slowly. Minwoo chortled.

"I don't mean to the playground. There's more to a park than that." He shook his head in mock disappointment. He began walking, so we all trailed behind him. I wasn't surprised that when I reached the park, I had never been there before. Never being able to take Jin Gook to the park, I had tried to avoid parks entirely. Of course, I had been to ONE park, and that was when I opened up to love. I tilted my head up and kissed Sungyeol's cheek sweetly. His arm slipped off my shoulder, and laced his fingers between mine, giving it a gentle squeeze. We walked until Minwoo stopped infront of a small building, with bikes lined up infront.

"You want us..to ride..these bikes?" Jiho gawked at the creamy colors of the bikes. It must have terrified him. Minki slipped her arm around him.

"Come on oppa, ride with me." She pouted, and I was again amazed at how different she had become. Jiho's cheeks flamed red, and he coughed awkwardly. Minki chose a buttercup yellow bike, and Jiho reluctantly got on after her. I walked towards a pink bike, whose color was so faint, it reminded me of blush. Sungyeol hopped on, and helped me up. Minwoo ran out of the store.

"Okay, we have three bikes rented." He smiled, looking at the two bikes already occupied. He turned to Sohee.

"Noona? Want to ride with me?" Minwoo's smile dimpled, and Sohee squealed.

"KYAAA. You are so CUTE. Of course noona will ride with you!" Sohee happily clammered onto the bike, and Minwoo got on behind her. 

"Let's roll!" He shouted childishly, and we all pedaled forward. I was floored. We biked down the trail, and I found myself looking left and right, awed at the beauty. The trail circled the playground, where kids chased each other, and swung themselves around the structures. We caught up to Minwoo's bike, and rode side by side.

"Soon, Jin Gook will be able to play here too. And ride these bikes." Minwoo said. Joy flooded through me, followed by the heavy feeling of guilt. Minwoo noticed.

"Please. Don't be sad. I'm sorry I brought it up." Minwoo apologized. I gave him a small smile.

"Thank you, Minwoo. For everything you're doing." I whisper. He nods, and pedals faster, pointing things out to Sohee.

"She sure loves him." Sungyeol snickered behind me. I geniunely smile at this.

"Sohee loves everyone who is adorable. Minwoo really isn't making it easy for her to remember Woohyun." I chuckle. Sungyeol's laugh is soon overpowered by Minki's loud giggles. I turn back quickly, just to take a peek, and saw Jiho resting his head on the crook of her neck, managing not to throw them both off the bike and onto the pavement. We rode for what seemed like minutes, but was actually an hour. Returning the bikes, Jiho slaps his hand over his stomach.

"I'm starved. Let's eat." He suggested. Everyone nodded in agreement, and we headed off to the nearest Dukbokki stand. Finding one, Jiho gives a shout of joy, and rushes over to the stand.

"Ajumma! Please give us 6 bowls of spicy dukbokki!" Jiho orders, while we all arrive. Soon, 6 bowls were placed infront of us, and we dug in. 

"AH! So spicy!" Minwoo gasps, his tongue lolling out in protest. Sohee fretted over him, grabbing her water bottle, and commanding him to drink. I felt a smile creep onto my face as I watched Minwoo try to regain balance of taste in his mouth.

"Don't tell me you've fallen for his aegyo too." Sungyeol feigned hearbreak, hand on his chest. I roll my eyes. Minwoo gulps down the water, and stares miserably at the bowl.

"I've never tasted dukbokki this hot." He grumbles. 

"Yes! This is the spiciest stand in all of Seoul!" The ajumma chirps proudly. Minwoo pouted, and I felt a wave of pity. My eyes scan the perimeter, and i stop a dumpling shop. Putting down my bowl, I raced over to the store. Eyeing the display of dumplings carefully, I finally choose the plumpest one. Patting my pockets, I locate my wallet, and fish out the change. I grabbed the bag, and ran back. 

"Noona! You didn't have to!" Minwoo's eyes widened when I handed him the bag. I shook my head.

"No. I had to." I smile. Minwoo removed the wrapper, and bit happily into the dumpling. His face lit up even brighter than before, and I got the feeling that that smile was the most geniune and the most happiest smile in the world.