Doner

Heartbeat

I stirred in my sleep, and felt a weight on my chest. Groggy, I opened my eyes, and nearly cried out loud-Myungsoo's arm was draped across my chest. Then I remembered all of last night's events. I turned, and Myungsoo's peaceful face greeted me. I tried to wriggle out of his hold, but was too scared to use too much force. I carefully reached over, and plugged his nose. His eyebrows furrowed, but he didn't wake. A second later, his arm moved from me to swipe at his nose. I let go quickly, and he swiped at his nose before turning around, still sleeping. I chuckled. I turned to my right, and saw Sungyeol's face. His jaw was slack with sleep. I had the sudden urge to touch his face. As if under a spell, I reached over, and traced his cheeks. I drew an invisible line from his nose, and down, stalling at his lips. They were parted just enough to let some air pass in. I lifted my hand, and moved to his cheeks. They were soft. A hand covered mine, and his eyes opened. Lightly smirking, he yawned. I wanted to take my hand back, but he held on tight. His eyes turned soft.

"Don't stop. It feels nice." He whispered. His eyes closed again, and he let go. I continued to his cheek, captivated by the softness and the tingling sensation it left on my hand, spreading to my heart. I finally spoke.

"Sungyeol?" I ventured. He grunted in response.

"Oppa." he corrected. 

"How did you know?" I whispered. His eyes remained closed.

"Know what?" He murmured. My hand lingered on his cheek. He pressed it against his skin. 

"You know what I mean." I said. He nodded slightly. He yawned again, and lay flat on his back. He stared at the ceiling, in deep thought. After a few moments, he responded.

"I just..noticed the way you looked at Jin Gook. The look that said you'd do anything to save his life. I tried to believe that you would change your mind, and hope for a doner, but..I know you better. You never rely on anyone." He said carefully. I also rolled onto my back. 

"Am I right?" He teased, thought I thought he sounded sad. 

"More or less." I said. He propped himself up.

"What was I wrong about?" He asked. I didn't meet his eyes.

"About me not relying on anyone. About me not hoping for a doner." I said quietly. 

"Look at me." He whispered. I did, and his eyes were determined.

"I'm going to do everything in my power to find a doner for Jin Gook." He said firmly. 

"Noona, I'll try super hard." Sungjong chirped. I looked up to see Sungjong rubbing his eyes. I chuckled. 

"We'll find one." Sunggyu grinned, and sat up. I narrowed my eyes at them.

"How long have you been awake?" Sungyeol hissed. Myungsoo chortled.

"Look at me, Hye Mi." Myungsoo quoted. I turned red, and buried my face in the blankets. Sungyeol tackled Myungsoo. Woohyun woke up, enraged.

"Who dares disturb me while I'm sleeping?" He sat up, his usually perfect hair a mess of curls. I giggled at the sight, earning a mild glare from him. Sohee also awoke, and rubbed her eyes. She looked at Woohyun, and burst into a round of hysterical laughter. Woohyun covered his ears, and trudged into the washroom. Sungjong attacked Hoya, waking him up as well. I looked around in amusement at all the morning looks. My eyes landed on Dongwoo. He was still deep in sleep. I blinked. How had he managed to sleep through the chaos? I crawled next to him, and poked his cheek. No reaction. I heard Hoya chuckle deeply.

"It's going to take more than that to wake that big lump up." He grinned at me. I blinked, and tried another tactic. I heaved him onto his stomach. Still nothing. Woohyun returned, and smirked when he saw my attempt.

"That's not how you do it." He chuckled. Sungyeol laughed along.

"Do you have any ice cubes?" Sungyeol asked, eyes glinting. My eyes rounded.

"No way." I gasped. Sunggyu guffawed.

"That's a yes." Sungjong sang, and lept up. He returned with my ice tray. Sungyeol took it, and opened it. Cracking it, he took out 2 ice cubes. He haned one to Woohyun. Slowly, they crept up to Dongwoo, and lifted up his shirt. I looked on in both horror and amusement as they placed the ice cubes on his stomach. I expected Dongwoo to bolt upright, but all he did was frown, and turn onto his stomach. 

"Maybe we should just dump the whole thing in his pants?" Hoya suggested. 

"NO!" Sohee and I yelled in mortification. I slapped Sungyeol and Woohyun's hands away.

"Let him sleep. We'll wake him up after breakfast." I scolded. Sungyeol shrugged, and Woohyun scuttled away to Sohee. I stood up, and headed to the washroom. Myungsoo grabbed my wrist. I turned around, confused.

"All joking aside. We WILL find a doner." he said, with a tone of finality in his voice. 

"I second that." Hoya raised his arm up. Sohee nodded quickly.

"Of course we will!" She pumped her tiny fist up, earning a cuddle from Woohyun. I slowly started to smile, and met eyes with Sungyeol, whose lips were already curled into a brilliant smile.