Happy Birthday part 2

Heartbeat

I released Jin Gook, and he ran towards L. L opened his arms, and pulled Jin Gook into the air. He slowly twirled him around so he wouldn't get too dizzy. Jin Gook shrieked with joy, and swung his legs around. When L put him down, Jin Gook ran over to Sohee. He placed his little hands on her lap, and beamed at her. Sohee was completely won over.

"Daebak, you're just the cutest. Do you love me, Jin Gook?" Sohee cooed. 

"Ne~" Jin Gook said cutely. Sohee squealed in happiness. She brought Jin Gook up to her chest and hugged him tightly. Woohyun furrowed his eyebrows. He took Jin Gook from Sohee's hold, and placed his face next to himself.

"Who's cuter?" Woohyun challenged. Sohee didn't bat an eye and pointed to Jin Gook. 

"Aish.." Woohyun muttered in frustration. Jin Gook ran away innocently. He ran up to Dongwoo and held onto his leg.

"I want to hear you make those funny moves again!" Jin gook tried to mimic Dongwoo's rapping movements. Dongwoo picked Jin Gook up and stood him up on a table so they were the same height. I walked over and sat on the bench. 

"Repeat after me...AHEM" Dongwoo cleared his throat.
"The world may be fallin' But my love ain't gun faze." Dongwoo free-styled. Jin Gook struggled with the fast words, and just ended up moving his arm back and forth. Sunggyu chortled with laughter from the barbeque. Jin Gook jumped off the table and ran towards Hoya and Sunggyu. He propped himself on the table, and gazed at all the food. Sunggyu roasted the meat while Hoya put vegetables on skewers. He pointed to the mushrooms and greens.

"Eat those, and you'll be strong like me." Hoya told Jin Gook. Jin Gook rapidly nodded his head. Hoya ruffled his hair, and went back to preparing the food. A few minutes late, Sunggyu announced it was time for lunch. We spread across two tables, and waited to be served. Sunggyu walked to the head of the table, and gave Jin Gook the biggest slice of meat. He put a slice of meat on mine and Sohee's plates too, then stuffed the rest on his own plate. An eruption of protest emitted from the table.

"HYUUNNNGGGGGGGG" 
"HYUNG, YOU CAN'T!" 
"YAH. I DON'T CARE THAT YOU'RE MY HYUNG, GIVE ME THE MEAT!" 
"I'll eat the vegetables.."
"GAH, HYUNG! DON'T BE SO MEAN!"
"hyung..plleaseee.." Dongwoo whimpered. Sunggyu shook with laughter as he put meat on everyone's plate. Hoya handed Jin Gook a small plate of vegetables, and gave us skewers.

"What's that?" Jin Gook asked Hoya, and pointed to the skewers.

"These are for us grown-ups." Hoya explained.

"You can use them too when you grow up, so you better eat your vegetables, and grow up fast like us." Woohyun smiled. Jin Gook abandoned his meat and dug into his vegetables. I rested my head on my hand and gazed at Jin Gook. I could watch him all day. Jin Gook noticed me staring, and blinked.

"Noona, why aren't you eating?" Jin Gook asked. I shook my head indicating I wasn't hungry. Jin Gook slightly frowned.
"But how will you grow? Here, have some vegetables." Jin gook picked up some broccoli, leaned over, and plopped it on my plate. I softened, and patted his head.

"Komawo, Jin Gook. What would noona do without you?" I ate the vegetables, and started cutting my meat. I glanced to my side, and saw Jin Gook struggling with his meat. Before I could lean in and help, Dongwoo was already there. He bent over Jin Gook and cut the meat into small, bite-able pieces. Dongwoo brightened, and picked up some meat with the chopsticks.

"Ahh~" Dongwoo put the meat infront of Jin Gook's mouth. Jin Gook opened his mouth obediently, and Dongwoo popped in the meat.

"Is it good?" Sunggyu asked.

"Ne!" Jin Gook held up two tiny thumbs, and continued eating. A ripple of laughter passed through the group as we all ate well. After lunch, I started cleaning up. Sohee came over and took the plastic plates from my hand. 

"Go play with Jin Gook." She ordered. 

"Are you ok doing all this?" I asked, looking at the huge mess on the table. Sohee winked at me.

"Woohyun oppa! Can you help me please?" Sohee called, sweetly. Woohyun jumped up and came bounding towards us. I giggled and looked for Jin Gook. I spotted him with Sungyeol. Sungyeol bent down, and Jin Gook climbed onto his neck. He clapped in excitement, and Sungyeol turned around. 

"Noona!" Jin Gook commanded, and Sungyeol walked towards me. Jin Gook held out his hand, and I took it.

"Let's go there!" Jin gook pointed with his free hand, and Sungyeol started walking. We left the backyard, and to the front of the hospital. I was still holding onto Jin Gook's hands, and walking next to Sungyeol. An old couple, who happened to be walking past, stopped to talk to us.

"What a cute child" The Ahjumma complimented. Jin Gook waved, and the ahjumma chuckled. She looked at my hand in Jin Gooks, and at Sungyeol holding Jin Gook's legs to keep himself steady.

"What a wonderful couple." The ahjumma said to her husband. He nodded, and chuckled. They walked off. I looked at Sungyeol in confusion. He avoided my gaze, and looked up instead.

"How about we get back, so you can open the gifts?" Sungyeol suggested. 

"There!" Jin Gook pointed back to the backyward. When we arrived, the table was covered with a new tablecloth decorated with balloons. Presents were stacked onto one side, and everyone cheered as we entered. Sungyeol sat Jin Gook down in the middle, and sat next to Hoya. I took place beside Jin Gook, and noticed Dongwoo was absent. I looked around, and softened. Dongwoo was walking in holding the cake we had chosen. All was silent, and Jin Gook clapped his hands. 

"Happy birthday to you." Dongwoo sang.

"Happy birthday to you!" We all joined in.
"Happy birthday day dear Jin Gook, Happy birthday to you!" We all sang, and clapped merrily as Dongwoo placed the cake down. He lit 8 candles, and sat down. Jin Gook closed his eyes to make a wish, then blew all the candles out. I cut a slice for everyone, and put the cake aside. When I turned back, something cold hit my nose. I looked down, and saw a smuged piece of cake on my nose. Sungyeol his fingers innocently, and I narrowed my eyes. I dipped my finger into my icing, and swiped Sungyeol's cheek. His eyes widened in surprise, and a devilish grin replaced the surprise. He scooped a piece of icing, and tapped Jin Gook's nose. Jin Gook spluttered back, earning a coo of delight from Sohee. Woohyun painted a dot of icing on Sohee's cheek, and she blushed. She glanced at Hoya before poking his cheek with her iced finger. The chain went around until all our faces had cake on it. I reached into my bag and pulled out tissues. After cleaning ourselves, it was time for the presents. Sungjong stood up first and brought over a huge box. Jin Gook ripped open the paper. His eyes widened at the new scooter.

"I hope you like it." Sungjong beamed. Jin Gook hugged Sungjong, and nodded. One by one, all the presents were opened, and Jin Gook was the happiest he had been all his life. After riding the scooter a bit more, he got tired. I picked him up, and carried him to the room. Laying him down, I swept the hair from his face. His mouth formed a tiny 'o' as he slept. I leaned in, and kissed both his eyelids before leaving the room and heading back to the others. Everyone was cleaning up when I arrived. I cleared my throat.

"Thank you so much guys, for doing all this for Jin Gook." I started. Dongwoo cleared the last of the plates, and walked over to me. He hugged me tight.

"Don't thank us. This is what friends do." He laughed. Woohyun came around and hugged me from behind. He rested his chin on my head.

"Anything for my cutie." Woohyun teased. L held onto Dongwoo, and soon, I was stuck in the middle of a huge group hug. I burst into a round of laughter, and everyone joined in, chortling as they hugged eachother tighter. I looked up and around at all the friendly faces. These people were my friends, and nothing was better than this.