With you

Heartbeat

I led the growing crew to the cafeteria, and filled up our trays. I sat down at my usual table, with Sunggyu, Woohyun, and Hoya filling in more space. Sungyeol strode over, and I pulled him down beside me.

"What are they all doing here?" I probed, jabbing my finger towards the boys. Sungyeol chortled.

"Not yet." Sungyeol patted my hand, and started a conversation with Hoya. All of a sudden, my vision turned black.

"Noona! Guess who?" I heard a voice call out. Even with my suspicion that something was going on, my lips automatically curled into a smile.

"Sungjongie?" I pulled his hands away, and smiled at his cheerful expression. He sat down, and I noticed he had a uniform too. Myungsoo also arrived. I met eyes with Sohee, who was just as confused. Sungyeol cleared his throat.

"Now that we're all here." He began majestically. I rolled my eyes at his dramatic opening.

"Hyung, would you like to explain?" Sungyeol pointed to Sunggyu. Sunggyu nodded, and looked at me.

"We heard about what happened at school with that Minki girl." He said her name with disgust. I felt the blood drain out of my face as I shot Myungsoo a panicked glance. He smirked.

"Yes, I saw those photos." He said, and I felt my legs weaken. He shrugged.

"There's nothing wrong with those photos." He said simply. I gawked at him, but Sunggyu cleared his throat to continue. 

"We're all here to prove something." Sunggyu said, pointing to each of the guys. Dongwoo took over.

"We're not going to let some destroy our precious friend." Dongwoo smiled, and reached over to pat my head. 

"How did you all get in?" Sohee broke in. Woohyun laughed.

"Oh, your secretaries are too easy." He wiggled his eyebrows at Sohee, earning him a hard slap on the back.

"You disgust me." She muttered, inching closer to Hoya. Woohyun pulled her back, and I saw a pleasant red creep into her cheeks as she cleared . 

"That has no right to treat you like this." Hoya snarled. I immediately flinched at his harsh swearing, but didn't deny Minki being a total jerk. I stabbed my food slowly.

"So..you're here..to prove I'm not as bad as everyone thinks I am?" I slowly said, ashamed of the fact that I was as low as it could get to an social outcast. I felt my chin lifted up.

"No, we're here to prove that you're just wonderful, and that everyone who despises you is blind." Sungyeol smiled softly. My heart-beat accelerated, and I couldn't stop looking at Sungyeol's soft eyes. I broke eye contact first, and looked back down at my food, trying to keep my heart from jumping out of my mouth. 

"We're going to be your bodyguards!" Sungjong enthused. Sohee blinked at him.

"You? Sungjongie? pwahahahaa" Sohee burst into laughter. Sungjong pouted.

"Nooonnaaa, I can be strong and manly when I have a reason." He defended. He looked at me with his huge eyes.

"And my reason is sitting right across from me." He beamed. I reached over and pinched his cheeks, unable to control myself. 

"Yes so, we're all here together." Sunggyu finalized. I nodded uncertaintly, but Sohee clapped with agreement. Everyone dug into their lunches, and I looked around slowly, a warm feeling spreading all through me when I saw that my table had become full of spirit. But just as fast, a cold pain squeezed my heart when I realized it'll all be over eventually. Sungyeol nudged me.

"Eat." he ordered, and placed his jello desert on my tray. I forced a big smile, and dug into my food. Chewing, I felt a presence behind me. I turned back hesitantly, and saw Minki standing there, with her arms crossed. I gulped down my food, and returned her icy glare.

"What do we have here? Hye Mi's boy toys are all together?" Minki drawled, her eyes drifting through my table. I stood up with anger, but Sungyeol lightly pushed me back.

"You don't have to defend youself." He whispered in my ear. I watched as Myungsoo got up and briskly strode over to Minki.

"I know you." He said flatly. I saw Minki's hard expression falter as she took in his sharp features. 

"Y-you do?" She finally managed. Myungsoo slowly swiped his hand along his bottom lip.

"Yes. You're the that doesn't have eyes." He spoke softly, words like knives.

"What do you mean?" Minki demanded, her composure back up. Dongwoo smirked and stood beside Myungsoo.

"You're blind." He glared at Minki. Her eyebrows twitched together.

"Excuse me?" She sneered, clearly offended. I felt Sungjong take my hand, and squeeze it in comfort. Minki caught it.

"how many toys do you have?" She pointed a finger at my hand in Sungjong's. Sungyeol shot up and grabbed her wrist.

"This happened before, didn't it?" He brought up his arm with her wrist in it.

"Watch your words, Minki." He dropped her hand. Hoya and Sunggyu finally made their appearance, with Sunggyu lazily looking at MInki from head to toe.

"What are you looking at?" MInki snapped at Sunggyu. He slowly met her eyes.

"You're attractive." Sunggyu said. My eyes widened at the betrayal. Sungjong squeezed my hand, and shook his head, telling me to have more faith. Sunggyu straightened up.

"But you have a disgusting heart." Sunggyu spat. Hoya chortled beside him as Minki stared at them with an expression of anger and humiliation. Woohyun grabbed Sohee's hand and stood by Dongwoo.

"By the way, if I ever hear you bad-mouthing my girl, I'll never forgive you." Woohyun smiled brightly, and slung his arm around Sohee. For the first time, Sohee didn't shrug it off, but proudly beamed at Minki.

"I think you should leave." Sohee said sweetly. Minki gave me a death glare, and her heels, sauntering out of the cafeteria. My shoulders slumped in relief. Sungyeol crouched infront of me, and soon enough, all the boys were gathered infront of me, faces close to each other, beaming at me.

"Hye Mi, we're all with you now." Sungyeol beamed