Post-Birthday

Heartbeat

You stood at the front of the school, and grasped the strap on my bag. I bit my lip instinctively, and glanced around, looking for Sohee or Sungyeol. There was not a soul to be found near the school grounds on the weekends. I sat down on a bench, and looked up at the clouds. The corners of my mouth curved upwards when I thought that Jin Gook must be looking at the clouds too.

"Yooohooo" A voice breezed. I lowered my head, and found myself staring at L. He had his arms rested behind his head, and legs stretched out on the bench beside me. He had a softer approach to his eyes, and also looked up at the clouds.

"That one looks like a dragon, don't you think?" L pointed to a distant cloud. I scrunched up my eyes, and peered at the clouds, trying to find the right one. I chuckled lightly when I found it.

"Yeah, and the cloud infront of it looks like a..MICKEY!" I squealed, pointing at a cloud. L blinked, and laughed along. He glanced at his watch.

"We should go, don't want to be late to your own brother's birthday, do you?" L teased. I stood up quickly, and dusted off my dress. 

"well then, kaja!" I waited for L to get up, and walked in the direction of the hospital. I felt a hand on my shoulder, and turned around.

"Where are you going?" L smirked. I blinked at him, confused.

"Eh..the..hospital?" I responded, hesitant. L chuckled, and turned me around. He leaned beside my ear, and I tensed.

"No, that's not where we're going. We may have planned everything, but everything needs your final decision." L said. His phone beeped, and he moved away. I relaxed slightly. L checked his phone, and snapped it shut. Glancing at my slow recovery of his closeness, he grabbed my hand. I became rigid again, and he looked away to avoid laughing. L dragged me first to a toy shop. He manoveured through the aisles, and into the scooter centre. My jaw dropped a bit when I saw Sungjong sitting on a scooter, playing with plushies. Sungjong looked up, and dropped the toys.

"NOONA!" Sungjong greeted, and ran to hug me. I had grown accustomed to his hugging, and stood still while Sungjong wrapped his arms around me. I saw L roll his eyes, and lightly giggled. Sungjong pulled away, and pointed to the scooters.

"Those are pretty nice, don't you think, noona?" Sungjong motioned at the scooters. I stared at them. Sungjong walked over to one, and stood on it. He pushed off with his feet, and rode in a circle around me. He beamed.

"I think it's really cool. Jin Gook would love it." Sunjong clapped his hands, and waited for my permission. I tapped my fingers on my chin, deep in thought. *Would Jin Gook ever be able to ride it?* I was going to say no, but the look on Sungjong's face stopped me from doing so. I nodded slowly, and Sungjong hugged me again.

"YAY!" Sungjong grabbed the scooter, and raced away. I turned to L.

"Where is he going?" I asked. 

"To pay for it." L shrugged, picking lint off his jacket. I stood, frozen, my eyes widening. 

"M-MUH?" I stuttered. I whipped my head back into the direction of Sunjong. L placed his hands around my shoulders, and backed me up.

"There's no time to chase the maknae. We have to keep moving." L dragged me out the toy store. Next, L took me to a clothing shop. Woohyun was staning amist a group of female employees. I rolled my eyes, but a smile broke out. Woohyun spotted me.

"CUTIE! There you are!" Woohyun yelled. I felt the glare of the employees, and gulped slightly. L frowned.

"Hyung, can you please not cause a scene? Did you even do your job?" L accused. Woohyun stepped away from the girls, and bowed.

"Thank you for your assistance, but I'm fine now." Woohyun turned away, and I saw all of them swooning. I sighed. Woohyun lightly pushed L's forehead.

"Yah, don't doubt me. Of couse I finished." Woohyun smiled at me, and pulled me with him. *Why am I being dragged and pulled  so much today?* I thought, but followed Woohyun. He stopped infront of a table filled with different outfits. 

"Are these all for Jin Gook?" I asked, shocked. I reached out and touched a pair of denim jeans. Woohyun walked behind me, and brought his arms around me. He took my hand, and guided it around the table, matching items. I heard the gasps of shock echoing the store, but surprisingly, I didn't care. Woohyun's hold feld like a brother's affection, and it felt foreign and warm. I turned back, and softly smile. Woohyun knocked his forehead against mine, and looked at the clothes again. 

"AHA!" Woohyun suddenly pronounced, and held up a stylish graphic Tee and black skinny jeans. He laid the outfit out in front of me.

"Looks good, oppa!" I gave him two thumbs up. Woohyun grinned, and ruffled my hair. He whisked away the outfit, and approached the cash register, resulting in another squeal of giggles. I turned to L.

"Where to next, Mr. chauffeur?" I teased. L rolled his eyes, but smiled. Holding out his arm, he motioned me forward. I shuffled forward, and stared at him. 

"Tsk Tsk." L tutted. He wrapped my arm around his, and cleared his throat. 

"Sungyeol said I had to take good care of you." L muttered. I giggled, and held on. We went into the store next door. Sohee greeted me at the door.

"Let's get you an outfit, bestie!" Sohee clapped, and pushed me into a changing room. I gaped at the clothes on the hooks. 

"Do I really have to do this? Today isn't about me!" I protested through the door. 

"Yes, you really have to do this. As your best friend, I must say your fashion sense is horrid. I'm sure Jin Gook wants his sister looking like an angel today." Sohee shouted back from the door. I heard L chuckle, and high-five Sohee. I pouted, but started to change. I stared at myself in the mirror. I had never worn a dress. 

"Come out, Hye Mi!" Sohee rapped on the door. 

"N-no" I squeaked. I pressed myself at the far end of the stall. I heard Sohee sigh. Then I heard L's voice.

"Hye Mi, if you don't come out, we're climbing in." L threatened. My mouth went dry, and I saw L's shadow getting darker. *HE REALLY IS COMING IN* I panicked, and ran out the door. L stood up, and clapped the dust from his hand. Sohee beamed, and walked around me.

"You look so pretty, bestie!" Sohee gushed, holding the hem of my dress. 

"Spin." Sohee ordered. I obeyed, and spun around twice. I lost my footing, and tipped back. I fell into strong arms, and looked up to see L smiling at me. He stood me up.

"Sohee's right. You do look nice." L complimented. I felt myself blush at all the comments Sohee gushed. She darted into the changing room, and came out with my old clothes. She stuffed them into her spare bag, and pulled me with her to the counter.

"I'm purchasing this dress." Sohee pointed to me. The cashier nodded, and scanned the barcode on the dress. Sohee payed, and took out a pair of scissors. I stepped back, suddenly scared. Sohee rolled her eyes, and grabbed the tag. She cut it, and dangled it in my face.

"Was that so scary?" Sohee mocked. I bit my lip, embarrassed. Sohee giggled, and put her arm around me.

"It's a joke, bestie. You look beautiful." She winked

"Ok, go on now. You still have places to go." Sohee winked. I looked at L, who offered me his arm again. I gladly held on, and walked out the shop. L glanced at his phone again. He nudged me, and handed me his phone. I peered at the message.

"YAH. HURRY UP. IM WAITING!" A single angry text from Sunggyu. I giggled, and gave the phone back to L.

"I guess its time we got going." I smiled.