Queenkas

Heartbeat

Working two jobs with long shifts, I quickly forgot about Jiho and his threat of revenge. So when Monday rolled around, I was again obliviously walking to school. Rubbing my tired eyes, I stepped off the pavement, and had a body slammed into me. Tumbling backwards, I landed hard and couldn't breathe for a few seconds. As the weight was lifted off my chest, I looked up to see Sungyol breathing hard. A trickle of sweat lingered on his forehead, and I quickly dabbed it off with my hankerchief. 

"Are you ok??" Sungyeol panted, stopping my hand from further wiping his brow. I frowned.

"What do you mean. I was perfectly fine until you tackled me down." I pouted lightly and pushed him off. Standing up, I saw the reason for Sungyeol's actions. Infront of me was the black car from last week, and Jiho smirking at me with displeasure and amusement. He rolled down the window.

"Yah, tell your friend to lay off. I just wanted to have some fun. Party pooper." Jiho chuckled at his own joke and rolled the window back up. 

"Aish, that kid." I walked back to Sungyeol.

"Komawo" I patted Sungyeol's shoulders. He grabbed my hand.

"That's 'oppa' to you." Sungyeol broke out into a goofy grin. Smiling, I released my hand from his grip. When I turned around to walk back into the school, I looked carefully left and right before advancing forward. Sungyeol fell into step before me.

"What a jerk that Jiho is. Who does he think he is." I muttered, gripping the handles of my backpack. Sungyeol remained silent.

"I mean, what did I do that was so wrong? Gosh. Breathe on his car? That's pathetic." Before I could fly into a rant, the bell rang. 

"Oh, I have P.E. See you later!" I started walking in the opposite direction. Sungyeol grabbed my hand.

"Let me walk you to class." Sungyeol said seriously. Confused, I nodded, and he sighed with relief. When we reached the gym doors, I turned to Sungyeol.

"There. I'm still alive. Now get to class." I turned back to the doors, and Sungyeol grabbed my arm. When I looked at him curiously, He dropped his hand.

"I guess I'm just paranoid about Jiho messing with you." Sungyeol confessed, rubbing the back of his neck. I softened, and patted his head.

"Don't worry about me. What's going to happen?" I opened the doors, and left Sungyeol standing.

 

As soon as I entered the changing rooms, the queenkas of the school confronted me. Surprised, I tried to divert them, but they stuck out their arms to stop me.

"Where are you going? We haven't even spoken yet." Minki, the meanest queenka, sneered. I glanced at the two other girls, and saw hesitance in their faces. They didn't want to be there. I snorted, and tried to walk past them again.  Minki grabbed my arm, and I winced at her strength.

"Don't test me." Mink snarled. She crossed her arms, and spit on my shoe. 

"Jiho Oppa said that you breathed on his car. Shouldn't you apologize?" Minki hissed. I clenched my fists, and my anger flared at the comment. I refused to yell back and lose the battle. Apparently sensing the defiance, Minki continued.

"You useless rat. Don't even know your manners. If you do something wrong, you apologize. Can you get that through your thick skull?" Minki smirked, and the two other girls laughed nervously in unison. Minki poked my forehead hard.

"You better not get in Jiho oppa's way ever again. Or we'll finish you off ourselves." Minki turned and sauntered off, and one girl followed immediately. The last remaining girl quickly looked back at Minki, then swooped down to wipe off the spit with a tissue.

"I know you probably think Minki is all talk. Don't underestimate her. She can do horrible things." The girl muttered, then got up quickly, and scuttled back to Minki. I unclenched my fists, and gazed at the girl's retreating back thoughtfully. *She isn't all that bad* I thought. Why does she follow Minki around like a dog? I shrugged, and went to my locker to change.