Capture the flag

Heartbeat

The rival game between Hoya's class and my class began. It was a capture the flag rivalry, and our class huddled together for stratedy. Even with me being the loser of the school, no one could deny that I was fast. The teacher assigned vague places, and Sohee and I were placed at top girl runners. Woohyun and Sunggyu were placed as defenders, because the teacher hadn't evaulated their agility yet. We all fanned out, and I stretched my legs, eyes trained on the beanbags on the opposite side. The whistle blew, and immediately I sprinted forward. No one noticed as I ran across the field, as everyone was still orienting themselves. I picked up a beanbag, and prepared to run back.

"Not so fast." I turned my head, and saw Hoya standing a meter away from the safe zone. He stood lazily, taunting me to run. I narrowed my eyes. I decided to stay in the zone, and watched the game play out. Sohee glanced around quickly, and darted forwards. I kept Hoya's attention, shifting back and forth. Sohee ran past Hoya, and picked up a beanbag as well. She tossed it into the air.

"You missed me." She said simply. Hoya's eyebrows twitched, and I could see she hit a nerve. She whispered into my ear.

"This is fun." She giggled. I nodded, and whispered back.

"How do we get these things across?" I asked, eyes still on Hoya's still posture. 

"I'm going to distract him, and then you can run back." Sohee decided. I nodded briskly, and waited for Sohee's cue. Sohee walked up to the end of the ring, and whistled at Hoya.

"Isn't this a little pathetic, oppa? That you're waiting for us girls to run? Scared we're going to win?" She taunted, watching with delight as Hoya's smirk disappeared. 

"Try me." Hoya growled. Sohee took one glance at me, and took off sprinting onto the far right. I quickly scanned the field, and sprinted straight towards the middle line. I looked back, and saw Hoya charging towards me. I watched as Sohee crossed the line safely, and realized he had never planned on chasing her. I quickened my pace, but I could hear Hoya behind me. I was lifted off the ground.

"Caught you!" Hoya shouted gleefully. I felt myself turn red as He spun me in the air, his arms securely wrapped around my waist.

"Let me down!" I squealed, grabbing his arms. He took off towards the jail space, and let go. I tumbled into the grass. I stayed there, trying to catch my breath. 

"I hope you learned your lesson for teasing me." He smirked, and ran off. I sat on the grass, and waited for someone to come release me. I waved my arms, and Sunggyu saw me. He whispered something to Woohyun, and he nodded. They casually stepped over the line, walking slowly. One student noticed, and started running towards them, calling others to help. Sunggyu burst forwards, as Woohyun teased the student, and stepped back onto his side. By that time, Sunggyu was already by my side. He pulled me up, and since we had a free walk back, walked slowly. The teacher saw us, and blew his whistle.

"You there! You can't just walk back! One of you has to carry the other!" The teacher barked. I gawked. When was that rule in place?? Sunggyu glanced back, and kneeled onto the grass. 

"Get on." He told me. I took a deep breath, and climbed on. Sunggyu stood up, and shifted me to a more comfortable position. I had my arms draped around his neck, and felt safe on his warm back. I smiled softly, and swung my legs as Sunggyu walked us back. I looked forward and saw Minki glaring at me. What the hell was her problem? I wasn't with Jiho. I shrugged it off. Sunggyu reached the line, and bent down again. I hopped off, and Sunggyu straightened, and rubbed his back.

"You're heavy." He groaned. I watched in utter horror as he leaned back and forth, rubbing his back. Woohyun walked over and began massaging his back as well. Seeing my mortification, Sunggyu cracked up.

"I'm just kidding!" Sunggyu said between stifles of laughter. He put his hand on my head, and leaned down to my height.

"You will never, ever, be too heavy for me to carry." He said sincerely. I brightened at his honesty. I heard a squeal, and saw Woohyun lift Sohee into the air.

"You will never, ever, be too heavy for me to carry either." Woohyun beamed, and I saw Sohee smile pleasingly, even as she was screaming for Woohyun to let her go. We heard a whistle, and it was announced that our class had won. We erupted into cheers, and Sunggyu swung his arm around me. Hoya jogged over, and lifted his hand for a high-five. I cheerfully slapped his hand.