Disaster

Heartbeat

I ended my day with english class. I was in class first, and opened my planner, jotting quick notes that I had to buy ingredients for the cookies. I hardly noticed Sungyeol sitting beside me. I felt a weight on my right arm, and looked to see Sungyeol resting his chin on my arm, reading my notes.

"Doing some baking?" Sungyeol raised his eyebrow in amusement. I tapped my pen on his head.

"For you guys." I answered. Sungyeol perked up in interest.

"How come? Did something happen?" He asked. I remembered Myungsoo's face and burst into a round of giggles.

"I just felt like it. You guys have been great to me." I smiled in response. Sungyeol nodded. 

"Let me help you!" He offered. I slightly froze.

"No, that's fine." I shook it off. He pouted, but I looked away.

After school, I bought all the supplies, even cookie cutters. I stared at the bag of flour, then at my already full arms. Maybe I should take two trips? Before I could move, a pair of arms picked up a bag of flour. 

"Kaja." Jiho said simply, hauling the flour with him. He handed the cashier a wad of bills, took the change, and walked out the doors. I ran after him.

"Jiho! Wait!" I struggled to catch up to him with my bags of ingredients. Jiho slowed down, but didn't stop walking. I got into pace beside him, and looked at him quizzically. Jiho didn't bother to look at me back. We walked in silence, but it was a comfortable silence. He placed the flour at the door, and I quickly got my keys. I opened the door, and placed all the bags on the ground. I opened my arms for Jiho to hand me the flour, but he just inched past me, and into my house. My mouth gaped open and I grabbed his arm.

"No!" I shook my head frantically. He chuckled, and moved out of my grip. He put the flour in the small kitchen, and walked back to me, still shell shocked.

" I told you not to be embarrassed." Jiho reminded. He breezed past me, shutting the door behind me. I slowly walked into the kitchen, and sat in the chair. He was the first person in my house. I felt a pang of guilt-I hadn't even let Sungyeol in yet. Convincing myself I didn't need to feel sorry, I organized myself to bake. Drawing my hair into a bun, I fitted my apron over my sweater, and rolled up my sleeves. I cracked eggs, added sugar, melted chocolate, and mixed until my arms were about to fall. half an hour later, I had 9 crafted cookies on the tray. I had decided to bake Jiho a cookie too, not wanting to be rude. He HAD carried the flour all the way to my house. I lovingly gazed at the cookies, and again, I felt something new. I had never baked cookies for anyone. Jin Gook despised cookies, so I could only bake him cakes. I tenderly placed the cookies in the oven, and cleaned up. When the cookies were done, I clapped with glee. Decorating them all, I let them cool before stacking them in a petit colored box. I couldn't keep the smile off my face.

 

I held the box in my hand, and headed for school. Breathing in the fresh air, I bubbled with excitement. When I got to the school grounds, I looked for any sign of dongwoo, or hoya, sungjong, or any of them. Even Sohee wasn't there. I decided to take a trip to my locker first. When I arrived at the hallway, I failed to see the liquid on the ground. I slipped hard, and flew backwards, the cookies flying out of my hands. Sharp pain shot through my arm, and I cried out. I gingerly lifted my hand off the ground, and noticed it was limp. Fighing back tears, I tried to breathe slowly, easing the jagged pain. I heard heels against the floor. 

"Tsk Tsk, oblivious, aren't you?" Minki chortled. I stared at her with dread. Why was it always by my locker? Minki circled around me. I tried to stand, but my broken hand kept me stationary, too scared just to breathe. I refused to look at her, but watched her feet. They stopped at my cookies. Picking them up, she laughed like a hyena.

"Aren't these cute?" Minki dumped them on the ground. I stared with anger as each cookie broke on the ground, littering the floor. I found my voice.

"What do you want." I said, managing to keep the quiver of my voice at a minimum. Minki snorted.

"You just don't listen, do you?" Minki whispered venomously. I could hardly hear her, as I tried to move my hand, only to have it send paralyzing shock through my arm. I winced, and cried out. Minki chuckled.

"So you found my writing on your walls annoying?" Minki laughed. I snapped my head up.

"That..was you?" I choked. Minki's eyes were hard.

"Of course it was. And what happens? You get Jiho oppa to clean your dirty windows." MInki scoffed. 

"Look, it wasn't me that asked him to help. He just showed up." I couldn't help myself from snapping back. I almost regretted it the moment it tumbled out of my mouth. Minki's eyes became slits.

"You're so full of youself, aren't you?" Minki hissed. She stalked towards me. 

"Stop." A cold voice stopped Minki in her tracks. I watched as her eyes turned soft.

"Jiho Oppa." She gushed. I felt shivers down my spine. Jiho's eyes fell on me, and I looked away in disgust. Minki stepped past me.

"Oppa, what are you doing here?" Minki cooed. I gritted my teeth. 

"What are you doing?" Jiho hissed. Minki giggled in delight.

"Oh, I'm just teaching cute little Hye Mi to stay away from you." Minki said sweetly. I heard silence, and then saw a shadow over me. Jiho bent down.

"Is your hand broken?" He whispered, and even through my anger, I heard concern. I watched his knitted eyebrows, and wondered who he really was. Minki burst into a rage.

"Jiho Oppa! Why are you talking to her?" Minki screeched. Jiho's jaw turned taut as he stood up. He bent down, and lightly grabbed my elbow. He pulled me up as gently as possible, keeping my hand as stable as possible. 

"Are you ok to move?" He questioned. I nodded silently. I took shaky steps forward, with Jiho guiding me. 

"Oppa! Get away from her!" MInki screeched. 

"No. You get away from her." Jiho said calmly. I sensed aggression in his voice. Instead, Minki lept forwards, slapping Jiho's hand away from my elbow. I screamed in pain. 

"MINKI!" Jiho shouted. Minki froze at the hostility in his voice.

"I don't hurt girls, don't make you the first." Jiho snarled. Minki staggered backwards in shock. She shook her head frantically.

"No! Oppa! What are you saying? You're mine!" Minki reached out to grab Jiho, but he jerked back, his hand high in the air. What happened next turned my mind blank. Minki shrieked in fright, and clutched her head. Tears streamed down her face.

"No, don't hurt me!" She choked, her voice ragged. Jiho's hand dropped to his side, but he didn't make any effort to help her. Instead, he supported my arm again, pushing me forwards. I opened my mouth, but no words came out as Minki whimpered, sliding down the length of the lockers, hands covering her eyes and face. Her head kept shaking. Devastated, I had no choice but to let Jiho lead me to the nurses office