Quality time

Heartbeat

Dazed with pain, I felt myself being led into the nurse's office, and Jiho's arm leaving mine. My breathing hitched, as the pain erupted from my arm even from the slightest moment. Soon after, the nurse's cool hand replaced Jiho's, and she fussed over me. 

"It's broken." The nurse furrowed her eyebrows, and went to her phone.

"I'm going to call an ambulance, your hand is really damaged" The nurse dialed. The door opened, and 8 bodies crowded at the door.

"Hye Mi!" Sohee's voice caught in as she saw my limp hand. Silence washed over them as they stared in horror. Sungyeol stepped in.

"What happened?" He said hoarsely. The nurse hung up, and frowned at the crowd.

"There needs to be space for the paramedics and stretcher. Please clear out." The nurse ushered them away.

"Get well noona!" Sungjong piped. Dongwoo and Hoya's eyes were dark, Woohyun gently rubbing Sohee's arm. Sunggyu was already gone. Myungsoo gently pulled Sungjong away. Sohee stepped forwards.

"There can be two people in the ambulance." She stated. The nurse nodded.

"You may stay, and one other." There was no debate. Sungyeol was going. Soon after, the stretcher came, and I stared.

"I don't think its really necessary..it's just my ar-" SUngyeol shot me a warning glance. I sighed, and let the paramedics ease me onto the stretcher. I let out a little sigh of relief when they stabled my hand in a quick bandage. I was wheeled out, and into the ambulance. Sohee stumbled after me, and Sungyeol took shotgun. I looked over at Sohee, and noticed she was as still as a stone. 

"Sohee?" I ventured, unsure of how to approach her. Sohee blinked quickly, and looked at me. Her eyes drifted to my hand, and pain struck her face.

"It's not your fault." I consoled. Sohee rigidly shook her head.

"It is." She looked out the window, ending the conversation. 

 

Arriving at the hospital, I was sent to the emergency room, where x-rays were taken. The doctor arrived, and examined my x-ray.

"There is a visible break and fracture in your wrist." The doctor informed. I nodded, knowing as much.

"It seems that your arm had endured quite a blow. Did you fall?" 

"Ne" I answered. The doctor nodded.

"We're going to fix her hand, so don't worry." The doctor spoke to Sungyeol and Sohee. They both bowed in thanks. I was wheeled into the surgery room, and the world turned black as a mask was fitted over my mouth.

When I awoke, only Sungyeol was present. I tried to sit up, and Sungyeol adjusted my pillow, helping me lean against it. I examined the cast on my right arm. It was bulky, and felt the uneven weight odd. 

"At least it wasn't my writing hand." I tried for a lighter mood, and Sungyeol gingerly laughed. He patted the cast.

"You better make Hye Mi's hand just as beautiful as it was." Sungyeol spoke to the cast. I smiled at his sillyness. A nurse entered.

"How are you?" She asked, checking on my cast.

"I'm fine, thank you." I answered, truthfully. The nurse asked some more questions, then clicked her pen against her clipboard.

"Okay! You are able to leave the hospital. Just remember to take these pain killers twice for 3 days, and then use them sparingly for the days after, if you feel pain." The nurse informed. I nodded, and Sungyeol took the bag holding the pill. He helped me stand, and guided me out the hospital. 

"Thank you Sungyeol, for staying with me." I beamed. Sungyeol shook his head.

"No, don't thank me. Now let's get you home." He held his arm out to the street, hailing a taxi.

"I can walk!" I said quickly. Sungyeol gave me a hard look.

"Not a chance. Not with a cast on your arm." Sungyeol turned back to the street. I bit my lip, unable to argue. Soon we were on our way. Arriving at my run down house, I couldn't help but glance at Sungyeol for his reaction. His face was unchanged as he unclipped his seatbelt, got out, and walked to my side. His hand overlapped my left hand, struggling with the buckle. He was so close I could smell his scent-it was pleasant. He opened the door wide, and I walked out. I felt in my pocket for my keys, and opened the door for him as well. I sat down in the kitchen, and chuckled lightly at the mess. I didn't bother cleaning up the cookie mess. Sungyeol rolled up his sleeve, and gathered up the bowls, spoons, and measuring cups.

"Leave it." I protested, but Sungyeol continued. He washed them, and placed them infront of me again. I blinked at him.

"Let's bake." He beamed. I gaped at him, then at my arm. Sungyeol pulled me up, and walked over to the clothing rack by the door. Grabbing my aprong, he stood behind me, and wrapped his arms around me, fitting it on, and tying it. His hands brushed my hair back into a ponytail. I walked over to the counter, holding the measuring cup.

"Flour." I smiled. He chuckled, and picked up the bag. Pouring the precise amount, I poured it in. Sungyeol cracked the eggs, and I held out the sugar. I held the mixing spoon, and glanced at the bowl. Sungyeol appeared behind me, folding his hand over my left. He guided it into the mixture, and stirred slowly. I felt the same as the mixture, my stomach swirled with butterflies. Sungyeol rested his head on mine, and hummed softly as he stirred, my hand enveloped in his. After it was done, he poured the contents into the pan, and into the oven. I saw a grin spread his face, but couldn't react fast enough. Flour covered my vision. Sputtering, I waved my arm around. I heard Sungyeol's roar of laughter, and coudln't help but giggle. I slyly reached for the flour on the table, and flung it at Sungyeol. 

"MUH?" He yelled, in mock anger. He advanced towards me, and I stepped back. Squealing, I ran out of the kitchen, Sungyeol behind me. He caught me in the living room, hugging my waist. His head was on my shoulder, his breath tickling my neck.

"Since when were you such a rebel?" He growled in my ear. I tapped my chin with my good arm.

"Since I met you." I smiled