Sleepover

Heartbeat

I sat there, unmoving, as Sohee clung onto me. Suggyu had come back in, and motioned for Hoya to help him with dinner. Sungjong was sniffling in the corner, and Sungyeol was still no where to be seen. A part of me worried about him, but another part wanted me to stop caring. Nothing would matter when I was gone. 15 minutes later, a tasty smell wafted towards us. I heard Dongwoo take in deep inhalations, and finally broke into a tiny smile.

"You must be so hungry" I chided, and gently unwound Sohee from me. She slumped against the couch, and Woohyun quickly took my spot, rubbing her back, trying to comfort her. I followed the smell into the kitchen, and saw Hoya setting up the small table. His brows furrowed at the many plates on the table, unable to fit all 9 plates on one table. 

"We can eat in the living room." I interjected. Hoya jumped slightly.

"I didn't hear you come in. That scared me. Impressive." He raised his eyebrow. Despite the circumstances, I had to giggle. I was glad that instead of pitying me, he tried to make things as comfortable as possible. I picked up a plate, and just as quickly, it was taken from me.

"Allow me. Just sit down, and chef oppa will bring you the food." Sunggyu winked. I obeyed, and walked back into the living room. Dongwoo stood up, and let me sit. A warm bowl of fried rice was handed to me. I smiled.

"Thank you oppas." I directed it to not just Hoya and Sunggyu, but to all of them. Sungyeol finally returned. Dismally, I noticed that his eyes were bloodshot. A pit grew in my stomach at the fact that I had made him cry. But he smiled brightly, and sat infront of me. He placed my legs on his lap, and leaned back against the sofa, his broad shoulder at my knees. Everyone ate, occasional small talk drifting back and forth. When I had finished, Myungsoo had promptly picked up my bowl, and nodded to the door to the bedroom.

"Rest." He said simply. I tried to say no. I wanted to spend as much time with them as possible, but Sungyeol lifted me up. For a moment, I turned frantic, looking at the faces of the others. No surprise was written on their face. He laid me on the bed, and sat down beside me. His hand was entertwined with mine, and his loving face was gazing at me. A voice interrupted the serene moment.

"Noona?" Sungjong squeaked. I sat up.

"Yes?" I asked. Sungjong darted inside, and jumped on my bed.

"I'm staying with noona tonight." He smiled, and curled up on his side. I gawked at him. I stared at Sungyeol, and he slowly started to grin.

"SLEEPOVER!" He hollered, before I could cover his mouth. A storm of steps erupted from the living room as everyone rushed in. 

"Did I just hear.." Sunggyu said slowly. Sungyeol nodded.

"You heard right, hyung." Sungyeol beamed. Sohee cleared .

"Is that ok? Hye Mi?" She spoke softly. I glanced at her, smiled, and nodded. She smiled back. Dongwoo looked around.

"Where are we sleeping?" He asked. 

"I'm sleeping right here." Sungjong chirped. I shot him a look, and he innocently shrugged at me. I turned back.

"I'm sure there are spare blankets in that closet." I pointed to the closet near the door. Myungsoo pulled it open, entered, and emerged with big blankets. Woohyun whooped, and began setting up. I took the time to grab my pajamas, and a spare for Sohee. I led her to the washroom, and handed her the pajamas. To my utter surprise, she shook her head, and smiled.

"I have my own." She giggled at my expression. Darting past me, she picked up her bag from the living room, and came back. She waved happily, and closed the door to the washroom. I walked back into my room, hardly surprised to see them all in pajamas already.

"You guys sure are prepared, aren't you?" I crossed my arms, though I wasn't mad. Dongwoo pranced around in his dino pajamas. Sohee came back with her pajamas, and Woohyun's attention drifted to her again. I chuckled and went to the washroom to change myself. I also brushed my teeth. Finished, I opened the door. I blinked back in shock. Everyone was lined up with a toothbrush in their hand. I covered my mouth with my hand, trying not to burst out into laughter. Sunggyu rolled his eyes.

"I'm glad you're amused." He snorted, then entered the washroom. 10 minutes later, everyone was situated in my room. I sat on my bed, taking in everything. They were all lying down beside each other, body next to body. Sohee was wedged between Hoya, and of course, Woohyun. I felt odd, being the only one to sleep on a bed. I awkwardly glanced around.

"Hye Mi? You ok?" I heard Sunggyu ask in concern. I nodded. Sungyeol smirked lightly. He shoved Dongwoo further to the wall, and patted the space beside him.

"Come here." He smiled. I bit my lip, but in the end, I consented. I walked over bodies, and finally lay down beside Sungyeol. Myungsoo was laying flat on his back, and moved over slightly, letting me slide in between him and Sungyeol. I let out a little sigh of exhaustion as I lay down. I heard a giggle from Sohee, and deep laughing from Hoya and Woohyun. Sungjong was joking with Sunggyu. Dongwoo was already asleep. I chuckled lightly at his open mouth, thinking that he was just precious in his childish pajamas. Sungyeol lightly pushed me down. 

"Sleep." He murmured. I heard a sigh from Myungsoo as he turned, back facing me. I found myself wanting to look at Sungyeol's face, and turned my head. He was staring back, eyes locking with mine. He closed in, his nose touching mine. I closed my eyes. 

"Hye Mi, don't worry. I'll be here until the end." He whispered. I nodded.

"I know. I trust you." I whispered back. I felt his lips touch mine, and melted. Through all the pain, I realized I had fallen deeply for Sungyeol. The only person that could make me forget everything. His kiss was gentle, just like the first, and our hands were lightly tangled together. When he pulled away, he pulled me close to him, my hair. I leaned into him, inhaling his sweet scent as sleep washed over me.