Jin Gook

Heartbeat

As Saturday neared, I began to brighten up. My smiles would become more defined, and less forced with the thought of seeing my brother again. I actually began to skip as I entered the class. Sitting in my seat, I hummed softly, gazing at the scenary unfold infront of me as the bright sun wanders over the neighborhood. I felt sungyeol lower himself in his seat, but just like any other day, I ignored him, and continued looking out. This time, however, I felt a light tap on my shoulder. Turning around, I am once again greeted and taken aback by his features. Those eyes adorned with long eyelashes look back at me.

" I see you enjoy the window. I'm jealous you find it more interesting than me." Sungyeol laughed at his own joke, but stopped abruptly when I hadn't laughed. 

"That was a joke, Hye Mi, and it was your cue to laugh." Playfully pinching his eyes together, he pouted, waiting for my response.

"ha..hahahaaa" I attempted a laugh to applease him, and thankfully, he smiled in response, and faced the front of the class, allowing me to regain my composure. Why was he affecting me? It was a sweet feeling spreading through me, and I enjoyed it. But I had vowed never associate myself with a boy, and with a shake of my head, I shut the feeling out of my mind.

 

On Saturday, I felt myself almost running to the hospital. It had been 2 weeks since I saw my brother, and I couldn't wait to see his pretty face smiling at me. I ran into the hospital room, and immediately found Jin Gook by the window. It was his favourite place to be. If he couldn't play with the sun outside, He'd watch it from the window. Sneaking behind him, I hovered behind him before whooping and crushing him with a hug. 

"Oof! Noona! You're Here!" Jin Gook stood up, and enveloped me into his childish hug. I walked over to his bed, and patted the empty space beside me. He quickly scrambled up, and looked at me with an expected glance.

"Yes, yes, I know what you want. It's the only reason you're excited to see me" I grumbled quietely while taking a cherry flavoured lollipop out of my jean pocket. Jin Gook grabbed the treat, and stuck it between his lips. I ruffled his hair, and sat back against the bed. The more I watched my brother, the more I realized that all I ever needed was Jin Gook's smiling face. I let out an amused, sincere laugh, and knocked my forehead against Jin Gook, feeling the happiest I had felt in 2 weeks.