Selfish

Heartbeat

Tapping my pencil on my transcript, I added a few more chapters. I giggled as I thought about Sungyeol, and how happy I was at that moment. The thought of the operation did little to dampen my mood. I had been so hungry for peace that I refused to let go of the happiness inside of me. I rested my head on my arms, and began daydreaming.

 

                   I awoke to patterns drawn over my body with the shadows of the leaves shivering lightly in the breeze. I turned my head, and gently smiled as I saw Sungyeol's serene sleeping face inches away from mine. Looking down, I saw our interlaced fingers, and giggled. Slowly releasing myself from Sungyeol's hold, I sat up and looked to my left. Jin Gook lay still holding a toy car, and sleeping with his bangs covering his face. Brushing his hair away, I leaned in and planted a kiss on his rosy cheek. 

"Do I get a kiss too?" A husky voice whispered in my ear. Turning around, I wrapped my arms around Sungyeol, and knocked my forehead against him. He tilted my chin, and kissed me lightly, savouring every second our lips were touching. Leaning away, my eyes sparkled with life, and love. I had the 2 people that I love most in the world, and nothing else mattered. 

I opened my eyes, and squealed outloud. I clapped my hand over my mouth, and whirled round, making sure no one was there. Seeing I was safe, I jumped into bed, and danced on it, squealing in delight. Finally, I launched into my blankets, and hugged it as if it was Sungyeol. I fell asleep that night, and for the first time, looked forward to waking up.

 

Practically running to school, I found Sungyeol already seated. He turned as I entered, and his face lit up at once. I felt the corners of my lips rise, and I waved. Sungyeol pulled my chair out for me, and with all the giddiness I felt, I tripped on a backpack, and felt my heart drop as I knew I was about to hit the ground. Squeezing my eyes shut, I waited for impact. When I didn't feel it, I opened one eye, and saw that I was indeed, facing the ground. I turned, and saw Sungyeol's teasing face.

"If you wanted a hug, you should have just asked." Confused, I looked down again, and saw that Sungyeol's arms were tightly wound around my waist. I could feel his hearbeat through his shirt. Fumbling, I pulled away, and smoothed my hair.

"Komawo." I walked slowly to my seat, and sank down. 

"Yah, when is your birthday?" Sungyeol fired, sitting beside me.

"Erm.. April 11." I stuttered, wondering why he was asking such a personal question.

"hmm, that means I'm older than you. Have some manners. Call me oppa". Sungyeol smirked. Gaping, I faced him, unsure if he was joking. There wasn't even an ounce of joke on his face. He looked at me expectantly, and I knew I was not going to be able to get out of this. Taking a deep breath..

"Oppa?" I felt myself heat up and squirm from the awkwardness.

"Louder" Demanded Sungyeol.

"Oppa." I stated, feeling more confident the second time. Without being told to, I repeated it time after time, feeling it slip from my tongue. Beaming, I looked at Sungyeol.

"komawo, Sungyeol oppa!" I ducked my head in respect, and turned to my notebook. I heard Sungyeol grunt in acknowledgement, and found it harder to keep in my squeals.