Happy Birthday part 1

Heartbeat

When we arrived at the hospital, everyone was gathered on a bench outside, holding their gifts. Sohee spotted me first.

"SHE'S HERE~!" Sohee sing songed. When we got closer, I searched for Sungyeol. 

He's already inside." Sohee nudged me. *He's already there??* I thought, and ran into the hospital. I saw a familiar back at the nurses counter. The figure bowed, and turned around. 

"Hey, you're here." Sungyeol smiled, and strode towards me.
"How was your time with the goons?" He teased. I didn't answer.

"What were you doing just now?" I pressed. Sungyeol chuckled.

"Relax. I was just preparing my present for Jin Gook." Sungyeol reassured me. I heard a loud whoop, and turned around to see the whole party make their way towards us. Sungyeol clapped his hands together.

"Alright. I hope everything went well with the preparations. Even if it didnt.." Sungyeol glanced around.
"IT'S TIME TO PARTY!" He finished, and held his fist out. 7 other hands joined him in the middle.

"HWAITING!" They are cheered. Sungyeol started walking to the elevator. Sohee appeared beside me.

"Let's go bestie. We're going to rock your brother's socks today!" Sohee pulled me along to the elevator. When the doors binged open, I sized up the crowd.

"Um, the elevator is a tad too small for all of us." I put nicely. 

"Don't speak such rubbish" Sunggyu scolded. He pushed us all in. Dongwoo had to press himself against Sohee to fit his bottom into the elevator.

"Yah. Get away from my girl." Woohyun barked at Dongwoo. Sohee rolled her eyes.

"I don't remember being your 'girl'" Sohee emphasized the word 'girl'. Hoya smirked, and managed to give Sohee a High-five.

"Um..I hate to ruin the fun..but does anyone notice we're not..I don't know..MOVING?" L impatiently brooded. Sungjong, the closest to me, shifted forwards, pressing me a bit closer to the wall.

"Hold on..just a bit more..hang in there noona." Sungjong muttered, and finally pressed the floor button. I blinked. *How'd he know the floor number?* 2 floors later, we spilled out of the elevator. I straightened my dress, and pushed the hair from my face.

"Who's smart idea was it to shove us all in that one elevator?" Woohyun muttered, clearly still upset about Sohee's comment. 9 pairs of eyes landed on Sunggyu.

"Haha..let's go eh? Hye Mi, where's Jin Gook's room?" Sunggyu rubbed the back of his neck. I patted his shoulder, and led the way. When we got to the door, I turned to the party.

"Ok. I'm going to go in first to explain the situation. I don't want to startle him." I said firmly. Everyone nodded, and I opened the door. As usual, Jin Gook was at the window. I crept up behind him.

"Happy birthday, Jin Gook" I whispered. Jin gook spun around.

"Noona! You came!" Jin gook clapped his hands together. I heard a muffled voice at the door.

"But..I call her noona.." Sungjong wailed. I sighed. I bent down to Jin Gook's height.

"Jin Gook...Noona has a surprise for you." I crooned, placing my hands on his tiny knees. Jin Gook's eyes widened.

"Really? Where?" Jin gook stood up and walked all around me. I chuckled at his cuteness. I picked him up, and sat him on the bed. 

"Some of Noona's friends came to celebrate your birthday." I smiled. The word 'friend' had rolled off my tongue so easily. Jin Gook clapped his hands and bounced up and down.

"Oh Oh Oh!" Jin Gook laughed. I turned to the door.

"COME IN!" I yelled. The door slammed open, and they all tumbled inside. I watched as Jin Gook's face turned into pure joy. 

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" 8 voices chimed. Jin Gook's eyes sparkled as he saw presents and boxes of goods being placed on the tables and the ground. 

"Annehaseyo, my name is Jin Gook!" Jin Gook beamed.

"KYYAA~ SO CUTE" Sohee squealed, and jumped onto the bed. She pinched Jin Gook's cheeks. She pointed to herself.

"I'm Sohee, Hye Mi's number 1 friend. Nice to meet you!" Sohee held out her hand. Jin Gook placed his tiny hand in hers, and shook it. Sungjong lightly shoved Sohee off the bed, and took her spot.

"Hey there, my name is Sungjong. Hye Mi is my noona." Sungjong pretended to be angry. Jin Gook looked around at me confused, and I ruffled his hair.

"Yes, I'm a noona to Sungjong too." I leaned forward and also ruffled Sungjong's hair. Sungjong batted his eyelashes cutely, and Sohee ran forwards again.

"Awweeee, you're such a cutie too." Sohee leaned in to pinch Sungjong's cheeks. Woohyun 'accidentally' shoved Dongwoo between Sohee and Sungjong. The room burst into laughter. One by one, they introduced themselves to Jin Gook. A reminiscent smile played on my lips of when I first met them, those people who were now important parts of my life. 

"Yooohoo. I'm Woohyun, but you have to call me hyung." Woohyun held out his fist, and Jin Gook gleefully punched it. Woohyun smiled, and moved off the bed.

"Yo, little boy, my name is Hoya." Hoya saluted Jin Gook.

"I'm Myungsoo." L greeted. I looked at him in confusion. L met my eyes and chuckled.
"That's my real name. L is my nickname." L explained. 

"How did you get L from Myungsoo?" I asked in bewilderment. 

"Because Myungsoo is as icy of a person as this manga character named L" Sungyeol answered instead of L. I cocked my head to the side. *L was icy? He seemed so warm today*. L slid off the bed.

"Hey there little guy, I'm Sunggyu. I'm your oldest Hyung." Sunggyu held up his hand, and Jin Gook clapped it loudly. Sunggyu smiled.
"You've got quite the strength there." Sunggyu joked. 

"'Sup. I'm Dongwoo. Pleased to meet chu." Dongwoo rapped, and Jin gook laughed hysterically. He mirrored Dongwoo's arm movements. Last but not least was Sungyeol. He carefully sat down, and gazed at Jin Gook. Instead of introducing himself, he leaned in to whisper in Jin Gook's ear. Jin Gook nodded, and surprisingly, wrapped his arms around Sungyeol's neck. Sungyeol lifted him up, and chanted "Birthday Boy. Birthday Boy." I couldn't help but swell with pride. Suddenly, Sungyeol started towards the door, with Jin Gook still around his neck.

"Where are you going?!" I asked, panicking. Sungyeol stopped, and gave me light smirk.

"I'm taking your brother outside." Sungyeol replied.

"But you can't! He's not allowed!" I sputtered. Sungyeol shook his head slightly. He handed Jin Gook to Woohyun, and nodded for them to leave. Sohee gave me a knowing smile, and ushered the rest of them out. Sungyeol sat across from me on the bed.

"This is my gift to Jin Gook." Sungyeol seriously said. 

"But how? His condition.." My voice cracked. Sungyeol shifted closer so that our hands were almost touching. He played with the hem of the blanket.

"I've been planning this for a week now. I've been here everday. The nurses all understand, and agree to my request to take Jin Gook out." He explained. The confusion in my head heightened.

"You've been here everyday?" I squeaked. Sungyeol nodded.

"And the doctors, and the nurses, are honestly all ok with this?" I pressed. He nodded again. A pang of sheer gratitude exploded in me, and I lunged forwards, wrapping my arms around his neck. I buried my face in his shirt.

"Thank you..so much.." I said, my voice muffled from the shirt. Sungyeol wrapped his arms around me tightly.

"Anything for you." Sungyeol whispered. After a few moments, I let go.

"Let's go. I want to see Jin Gook's joy." I laughed, and pulled Sungyeol up with me. I held onto his hand as we jogged down the stairs instead of taking the elevator. Bursting into the backyard of the hospital, the first thing I heard was the laughter from Jin Gook. My heart elated at the sight of him running around with Sungjong, L, and Dongwoo. Sunggyu and Hoya were working on the barbeque, Woohyun and Sohee were sitting together laughing merrily and watching Jin Gook. I walked forwards, and Jin Gook saw me. 

"NOONA!" Jin Gook ran into my arms. I lifted him up.

"This is the best birthday gift ever!" Jin Gook cheered, kissing me on the cheek. I beamed, and kissed his nose.