Post-Birthday continued

Heartbeat

Sunggyu waved us in impatiently when we arrived at the supermarket. He grabbed a cart, and grabbed my hand. He mounted my arm on one side of the cart, and L's arm on the other side.

"You guys push, I'll do the shopping." Sunggyu ordered. 

"Fine, hyung." L had no choice but to obey him. Sunggyu strolled infront of us, and led us to the vegetable aisles. He expertly grabbed a handful of plastic bags, and filled them with vegetables. He tossed them into the cart, and took out a list from his pocket. I giggled.

"Wae? I can't be good at grocery shopping?" Sunggyu frowned, but smiled. He looked at the next thing on his list, and walked forward, waving for us to follow. He picked up a huge load of meat, and lugged it into the cart. 

"...that's..quite a bit of meat.." I croaked, but Sunggyu was already gone. I sighed, and wheeled the cart with L. Sunggyu continuosly filled the cart with food, and I found it harder and harder to push. L pushed me aside.

"I'll do this by myself. You go and tell hyung to lay off the food." L nodded in the direction of Sunggyu. I glanced at the mountain of food, and darted off. I found Sunggyu in the sauces aisle, examining every bottle.

"Um, what are you looking for?" I asked. Sunggyu didn't look at me as he continued his search.

"Barbeque sauce." He responded. I immediately brightened-I had always wanted to have a barbeque. I started searching for it as well.

"AHA! I FOUND IT" I announced, holding up a large bottle of dark liquid. Sunggyu walked over, and applauded. 

"Very nice. Now let's see.." Sunggyu whipped out his list, and I ran over to L to put the sauce in. L raised his eyebrows, and I shrugged.

"We're done!" Sunggyu yelled, and strode over. He took L's place as the driver of the cart, and wheeled it away. 

"Oppa! Do you have enough money for all that?" I shouted. Sunggyu abruptly stopped. He grabbed his wallet from his jean pocket, and sifted through the pockets. He turned and gave me a charming smile.

"Of course! Now Go! I'm sure Hoya's waiting for you." Sunggyu turned around, and disappeared from sight. *I wonder what Hoya has in store for me.* 

 

"Yo." Hoya saluted as we entered the shoe store. He had piled a few boxes of shoes on a nearby bench, and was checking out shoes for himself. I sat down, and watched as hoya slipped on a pair of white shoes with black designs. He stood up, and bounced on his toes, before breaking out into dance. I watched in awe as he popped his chest and spun around, moving his arms in a charismatic fashion. When he struck his final pose, I broke out into applause. I stood up, and continued to clap. Hoya bowed mockingly, and sat back down.

"Alright. I found these for Jin Gook. Check them out." Hoya motioned at the pile of boxes. I carefully took a box, and opened the lid. A pair of colored runners were inside. i wrinkled my nose, and put that one aside. I chose a box from the bottom of the stack. Nestled inside were a pair of shoes that Hoya had on. I beamed, and held it out.

"You have good taste." Hoya chuckled. He wrapped up his shoes, and also took my box. He tapped my head with the box lightly.

"Your brother better cherish these shoes." Hoya ordered. He gave L a fist pump, and walked over to the counter. I counted off my fingers.

"Sungjong, Woohyun, Sunggyu, Hoya..there's only..Dongwoo and Sungyeol left!" I exclaimed. L pushed my forehead.

"Nice job, sherlock." L teased, and walked past me. I pouted, and chased after him. L ducked into a cafe. I followed him inside, and saw him ordering at the counter. I wondered if I should approach him, or just sit and wait. After a few moments of indecision, I decided to stand next to him. When I got to the counter, he was already paying. i drummed my fingers on the cool marble counter, and glanced around at the cute cafe. There were cozy couches in the corner, and I found myself walking towards them. I plopped down, and nestled into the soft material. I hadn't noticed that my legs were so sore from walking around. I looked at the clock on the wall. It was 2:00 pm. We had been running around for 2 hours. L sat down across from me, and slid a drink across the table. I looked at it, and sat up straight when I realized it was my favorite drink-soy milk Vanilla frappucino. I took it with shock, and took a sip. A wonderous sweet taste exploded in my mouth, and I smiled in bliss. I leaned back against the sofa. 

"I'm guessing I bought the right drink?" L said, laughing at my smitten gaze. I nodded slowly.

"How did you know?" I asked, getting curious.

"Sungyeol told me that you were allergic to milk, and I just thought you'd like vanilla." L shrugged, though proud of himself. I sipped the drink again, and swung my legs back and forth. L stood up.

"You can drink that on the way. Let's get moving." L offered me his hand. I took it, and stood up. I skipped out of the cafe, feeling refreshed. 

"Hye Mi! L!" Dongwoo waved with both arms. he was outside of a bakery. When we reached him, he grabbed my hand.

"There's cakes!" Dongwoo beamed, and held the door out for him. When L tried to follow, Dongwoo stepped in the way, and followed me, leaving L gaping at him from the door. I giggled. Dongwoo held out his hand, and I clapped his hand. Instead of letting go, Dongwoo intertwined our fingers. His lips curled into a breathtaking smile, and I found myself lost in his shiny eyes. 

"You look beautiful." Dongwoo whispered. He lowered our hands, and led me to the cakes.

"Pick whichever one Jin Gook would enjoy." Dongwoo waved his arm at all the cakes. I walked down the aisle, gazing at the cakes. I let go of Dongwoo's hand, and pressed my hands against the glass. Dongwoo appeared beside me, and pointed to a chocolate cake with a race-car theme. I eagerly agreed, and Dongwoo called over the cashier.

"I'd like this cake please!" Dongwoo pulled out his wallet. The pretty cashier smiled at me.

"Is it for your girlfriend's brother?" The cashier asked, pulling out a huge box. I felt my ears turn red. 

"No, she's not my girlfriend.." Dongwoo chuckled, but grabbed my shoulder.
"But she is someone very special." Dongwoo finished, beaming. The cashier smiled, nodding. After wrapping the cake, she handed it to me. Dongwoo took it out of my arms, and pushed me towards the door. L was standing outside, leaing against the wall. His eyes were closed. I leaned beside him.

"You guys are all being so nice to me." I murmered. L lazily opened his eye, and turned his head.

"You want to know why?" He asked, yawning. I bit my lip, but nodded.

"Because.." L pushed himself off the wall, and stood infront of me. He bent forward so that he matched my height, and looked me in the eye.
"The first time we saw you, you were a broken figure. I didn't know why Sungyeol had brought you to us, but when we heard you laugh after eating dinner with us, it was magical. When we saw you the second time, you had grown. I think Sungyeol helped you pick up some of your broken pieces. Every single one of us wants to see you happy, Hye Mi. We're all your friends. You'll never have to be alone again." L gently smiled. I felt sincerity in every word, and broke into a smile. 

"Let's go see Sungyeol!" I pumped my fists. L swung his arm around my neck, and we finally made our way to the hospital.