Better Days

Heartbeat

"Hyung! Let's build a sandcastle!" Jin Gook called out to Dongwoo. Dongwoo swiftly got to his feet, patting the sand from his shorts, and ran towards Jin Gook, who beamed and ran ahead of Dongwoo, towards the water.

"Careful!" Sunggyu warned. Dongwoo lifted a hand up in acknowledgement, and plopped onto the sand near the water. He called Jin Gook over, and Jin Gook set his pails and shovels next to him.

"How about we ask the other hyungs to help us?" I heard Dongwoo ask Jin Gook.

"Hyungs! Help me make a sandcastle!" Jin Gook called out, waving his arms. Myungsoo chuckled, and padded towards them, Sungjong trailing behind. Sunggyu stood up.

"Whoa there, hyung. Aren't you a bit too old for sandcastles?" Woohyun cocked his eyebrow. I clamped my hand over my mouth, surpressing a giggle as Sunggyu's face turned into shock. Woohyun howled with laughter. 

"That's immature. Let's go, Sunggyu oppa!" Sohee shoved past Woohyun, and wrapped her arm around Sunggyu, stuck her tongue out childishly at Woohyun before pulling Sunggyu with her. Hoya patted Woohyun on the shoulder, and supported him as Woohyun crumpled in despair.

"Oh stop being such a drama queen." Hoya rolled his eyes, and they headed off together towards Jin Gook. I took a moment to scan my surroundings in peace. We were situated on a blanket on the beach of Jeju island. Water glittered along the horizon. I leaned back, falling securely against Sungyeol's chest. I felt peace as I felt the rhythm of his heart. It was as close to perfect as I could have wished for. I coudln't stop myself from smiling as I watched Jin Gook setting his pail down, smiling with triumph as the sand molded together. I reached for my bag, to retrieve my camera. I needed to capture every minute of Jin Gook's joy. A shadow passed over the blanket, and I peered up. A figure was happily jumping up and down, pushing something towards me. I took the object, and looked at it. My mouth slightly opened in surprise. It was my book. I had published it soon after Jin Gook's surgery. 

"I can't believe I get to meet you! Oh, PLEASE sign my book!" The girl squealed. I stared at her, dazed. Sungyeol nudged me out of my trance, and I scrambled for a pen. Finding one, I flipped open to the first page.

"Erm..what is your name?" I look back up at the girl.

"Kwon Kaire!" She piped. I set pen to paper. 'Kwon Kaire, thank you so much for reading, and cherishing this book. It means the world to me.' I signed my name under it. I handed the book back to Kaire, but instead of leaving, she kneeled infront of me, and flipped the book to the last page. There were no words on that page. just a picture. I felt myself soften as I gazed at the face in the picture.

"He's my angel." Kaire whispered. 

"Yes..he's my angel as well." I smile, tracing my finger along the picture. I couldn't believe someone loved my story. Loved it, felt it. Loved my story, my life. Jin Gook never knew that Minwoo was his doner. He knew Minwoo only as the hyung that played with him, and hoped him to get healthy. 

         "Noona, where's Minwoo hyung?" Jin Gook tugged on my shirt. I bent down to his level.

"Minwoo hyung went to a far, far place." I answered slowly. Jin Gook's eyes darkened slightly with sadness.

"But..I wanted hyung to see me healthy. I wanted to play with hyung." Jin Gook sniffled. I thought for a moment.

"Jin Gook-ah, I can promise you that hyung knows that you are healthy." I smiled.

"How?" Jin Gook peered at me with curious, searching eyes.

"Well..when someone cares for someone, and likes that person, they can feel it. They would know if you were happy, if you were sad." It was the truth.

"But how, noona?" Jin Gook pressed. 

"In here. Your heart." I raised my hand and poked his chest lightly. 

"In..here?" Jin Gook uncertainly placed his hand over his heart.

"What if I don't remember Minwoo hyung?" Jin Gook asked in horror, his eyes starting to glisten with tears. I felt my heart give a painful squeeze as I encircled him in my arms.

"You will remember him. You like hyung, and he likes you back. Every beat of your heart will remember him." I whispered.

 

"Please take care of this book." I smiled to Kaire, who nodded, and bounced off. 

"Noona! Hyung! Come! We made a castle for noona!" Jin Gook waved his arms at us. 

"Coming!" I called back, and prepared to stand up. I was suddenly dragged back.

"What-" My words were cut off as Sungyeol's lips touched mine. His lips worked slowly over mine, brushing, testing. I felt my heart elate with happiness. This was all I ever wanted. Jin Gook, love, and a happy life. 

"For the better days." Sungyeol finished my question, smiling against my lips, before pulling me up, and running towards Jin Gook, and to the better days.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------

So confusing, I checked back, and my chapter was deleted. Weird. Anyways, I wrote another ending, trying to be as similar to the last one. ^^ Once again, thank you everyone for reading! Mwah! Saranghae!