Can I meet him?

Heartbeat

I pushed my way through the hospital doors, and saw Jin Gook by the window. Although it was raining, he was still hoping that the sun would win against the clouds. Noticing my presence, Jin Gook jumped up and ran towards me. Opening my arms, I caught him and swung him around, and carefully set him down. Holding hands, he led me to the bed, and opened his palm. I smacked the lollipop into his hand, but with my other hand, pulled out a cupcake from my pocket. 

" Shh, eat it quickly. The doctor and nurses will have a fit if they see me handing you this bomb." I stuffed it into his hand, and watched him eagerly rip the wrapping off and stuff the entire thing in his mouth. Wiping the corners of the mouth, I smiled.

"There. No evidence." I ruffled Jin gook's hair.

"Noona, you seem happier this time. Are you happier without me?" Jin Gook faked a sniffle.

"Aigoo, of course not. You make noona the happiest."

"Fine, but you seem happy. Tell me why." Jin gook crawled into my lap, and blinked.

"Araso, araso." I smiled dreamily, and told Jin Gook about Sungyeol. I felt myself giggle and smile every few seconds. Rubbing Jin Gook's forehead, I talked about Sungyeol's friends, the way he looked, how he made me laugh..I looked down, and Jin Gook hugged me.

"Noona, I'm so glad you're happy. Can I meet hyung-nim?" Jin Gook teased. I blushed deep red, and knocked his forehead with my fist. 

"Oww, Noona. I was kidding. But Hyung seems cool, I want to meet him." 

"Hmm, let's see. If you behave with the nurses, and sleep properly, I'll bring Sungyeol here. How about that?" Jin Gook nodded fervently, and dug into his blankets. He shut his eyes, and concentrated on sleeping. Laughing, I tucked him in, and sang him a lullaby. When he finally fell asleep, I kissed his eyelids, and left.

Walking home, I thought deeply about letting Sungyeol meet my brother. Sure, I really liked Sungyeol, but would he accept me if my brother was in the hospital, and me unable to pay the bills? I shook my head-Sungyeol wasn't the kind of person to judge. It was true we didn't know each other from head to toe, but I would make the effort for Jin Gook. 

"Hwaiting!" I pumped my fists, and ran the rest of the way home. 

 

Monday, I popped a lollipop into my mouth and watched the sky as I thought of how much Jin Gook loved the sweets. When I reached the school gates, I stepped of the curb, and heard a loud screech. My head snapped to the left, and I felt myself scream as a black car raced towards me. Falling down, I squeezed my eyes shut, but for several seconds, felt no pain. I lowered my hands from my head, and saw the bumper of the car inches from my nose. I exhaled deeply and shakily, and used the car as support to get up. Still shaking, I looked into the car, and saw a boy glaring at me. Seeing my stare, he smirked angrily and got out of the car. Stopping inront of me, he examined me from head to toe.

"Trash." He spat, and shoved past me. having insults thrown at me since I was little, I shrugged it off, and thanked God for saving my life. I sat next to Sungyeol, and focused on keeping my teeth from chattering.

"Yah, Hye Mi, what's wrong? You're shaking like crazy." Sungyeol grabbed my shoulders to steady me. Taking three deep breaths, I launched into my accident. Sungyeol listened with wide eyes, and after I told him about the insult, he stood up in rage.

"MUH? YOU'RE TELLING ME THAT HE ALMOST TOOK YOUR LIFE AND THEN CALLED YOU TRASH?" Sungyeol shrieked. Glancing at the students blinking at us, I pulled him down.

"Oppa, it's ok! I'm used to it. Look, I'm still alive. So calm down." I added in the 'oppa' just to please him. Seemingly satisfied that, sungyeol inched closer. 

"Yah, you crazy girl. Don't be so careless. I don't want anything to happen to you. Or I'm going to die with you." Sungyeol flicked my forehead and faced the front. Frowning, I rubbed the spot, but then smiled at his sweet comment. When the teacher came in, he made an announcement. 

"Students, there will be a new addition to our class today. Please welcome this new student." The teacher turned towards the door. 

"Please introduce yourself to the class." The teacher stepped aside, and from the door walked in my devil. The boy from the car came sauntering with an atmospher of cockiness and arrogance. He stood at the front, and flipped his bangs. Girls swooned, and boys smirked in amusement and jealousy.

"Annehaseyo, my name is Zoo Jiho" With a smirk, he bowed, and looked at me with piercing eyes.