Aftermath

Heartbeat

We bused back to the school, after our clothes had dried. School just finished. Jiho made jokes as we walked through the gates. I still had to pack up the things from my locker. 

"Hye Mi!" Sohee gasped. She came bounding towards me, yanking me beside her.

"What are you doing?!" She hissed at Jiho. His eyes widened, and he backed off, hands infront of him.

"Wow..Kittycat, this one is a tiger." He said, awed. I couldn't help but roll my eyes and giggle. Sohee shot me a thunderous glare.

"Relax.. Sohee. He's not that bad." I soothed. I heard Jiho scoff.

"That bad?" He said, offended. I bit my lip.

"Yah. Don't answer him." Sohee answered for me, although her voice turned less vicious. 

"NOONAS!" A voice hollered. Sohee immediately whipped her head back, and waved at Sungjong. Her love towards our dongsaeng never ceased to amaze me. I turned around, and saw Sungyeol watching me. His face was hard to read. I held up my arm, and waved. He smirked, and saluted me with two fingers, before pulling Sungjong away. Woohyun threw hearts towards Sohee, who giggled. I glanced at her.

"What." She defended. She looked at Jiho.

"Where did you take Hye Mi?" She demanded. Jiho stuffed his hands in his pocket.

"Jeez, what are you? Her mom? I took her to the waterpark." He said. Sohee's eyes widened slowly.

"W-waterpark?" She managed. I stared at her, and she pulled me aside.

"You got wet? In your WHITE shirt?" She hissed in my ear. I nodded slowly. I watched as Sohee's face morphed from anger into terror. 

"YOUR WHITE SHIRT?" She practically screamed. I clamped my hand over .

"I have a tank top on. calm down will you?" I muttered. I felt Jiho's breath near my ear.

"But I don't." He seductively whispered. Sohee ripped my hand away and gaped at Jiho. He hysterically laughed.

"Oh god..Kittycat, your friend is comical." He said between uneven breaths.

"Yeah. If she's a kittycat, you're a stupid hyena." Sohee muttered. All of a sudden, I felt something wrong. Before I could react, Jiho pushed me back to Sohee, and was hit square in the chest by a soccer ball. He staggered backwards from the impact.

"YOU MORON!" I heard Minki shriek at the poor boy under her control. She smacked his head, and scuttled over to Jiho. I watched with disgust as she fussed over him.

"Get away.." He weakly hissed. I stepped forwards.

"Minki. Leave." My voice sounded like steel. She stiffened, and glared at me.

"What?" She snarled. Sohee's hand was gripped tightly on my arm.

"She said leave." Sohee said as calmly as possible. I shot a worried glance at Jiho.

"Don't look at oppa. It's disgusting." Minki sneered. I rolled my eyes. She gasped.

"Omo. Oppa, why is your shirt wet?" She patted his chest, where the water hadn't dried. He straightened, and smacked her hand away.

"None of your goddamn business." He spat. Minki's gaze fell on me, and I saw her eyes flash as she figured it out.

"You..you're wet too. Where did you two go?" She screeched. Jiho stepped back, slightly infront of Sohee and I.

"We're friends. I don't think it's any of your concern." Jiho said slowly. Minki's face turned scarlet.

"You . HOW MANY ING TIMES DO I HAVE TO TELL YOU TO STAY AWAY FROM OPPA?" She finally snapped, and charged towards me. Sohee pulled me behind her, and Minki stalled.

"Minki..what happened to you?" Sohee said, almost a whisper. I saw Minki's face soften, but when I blinked, it was gone.

"Shut your mouth. You left me. You have no right to talk to me." Minki screamed. I felt Sohee tense.

"You have no right bullying Hye Mi like this either." Sohee said calmly, although I heard a rise in her level of tone. Minki snorted.

"And you're such a loyal friend? Hm? Tell me. Who left first? I was your friend for years! And you left me for this garbage?" Minki snarled. Sohee said nothing.

"Sohee. What the hell are you? Who do you think you are? Get the out of my way, or I will rip you apart with her!" Minki hollered. Sohee snapped. 

"You need to be taught a lesson." Sohee spat through her teeth. My eyes widened as she raised her arm. 

"NO!" I shouted too late. Minki screamed in horror. Deja vu hit me like a boulder as she covered her ears and face, shaking her head vigourously. She sank onto the ground, and bawled. Jiho swore.

"What is her problem?" He said, scared. Sohee blinked.

"I..didn't even touch her.." She stammered. I stood frozen, watching Minki rip herself apart. I couldn't just watch. I willed my legs to move. I stepped closer. Nothing. Another step. Nothing. I got on my knees, and reached out.

"NO. DON'T HURT ME. PLEASE!" Minki screamed. I retracted my hand. I looked at Sohee. She stumbled forwards, and dropped down next to me.

"Minki..." She whispered

"Sohee..tell..them..not to hurt me.." Minki bawled.