Revealed

Heartbeat

Sungyeol insisted on taking me home. I didn't have the strength to object, and everytime I tried to speak, sobs threatened to break free. I had hardly moved an inch the entire time we waited for the bus. It was Sungyeol that saw the approaching bus, and lightly grasped my hand, pulling me up. I walked numbly into the bus, and opened my bag, trying to find my bus pass. Not being able to find it, I became frustrated, digging furiously through the contents of my bag. It was again Sungyeol, who laid his hand on my shoulder, and scanned his pass twice. The bus was almost empty. I drifted to the window seat, and laid my head on the cold pane, staring at the passing streets. I felt a warm hand slip in mine, and I swallowed, not wanting to burst into tears. I closed my eyes, and let a tear drop slip slowly down my cheek. It was wiped off gently, and I felt the searing heat of where Sungyeol touched me. I felt so cold. I took my head from the window, and laid it on his broad shoulders. I thought I felt a light chuckle rumble through him, but all I could feel was the pleasant warmth. 

 

When we got to my house, I blinked slowly at my house. Figures were standing infront of my house, facing the other way. I stumbled a bit closer, and one of them turned. I froze at the sight of Sohee. Her eyes widened in alarm, and relief. She started running, and within seconds, I was enveloped in her hug.

"Hye Mi, don't ever run away again." She instructed. I felt arms all around me.

"Second group hug?" I heard Myungsoo smirk. Sungjong giggled.

"It's fun." Sungjong chirped. I lowered my head on Sohee's shoulder, and trembled with sorrow. I felt myself being detached from Sohee. A pair of arms embraced me alone.

"We're going to be with you until the end." Sunggyu rested his chin on my head, and rubbed my back soothingly. I gripped his sweater, and the onslaught of tears erupted. Sunggyu gently rocked us back and forth. It felt like I had an older brother. It comforted me. Finally, I leaned back.

"Let's go in, before someone reports us for the loud noise I'm making." I meekly joked, and headed to the door. Everyone shuffled in, and I sank down on the single couch, exhausted. Sunggyu and Hoya headed to the kitchen with as much as a holler of 'Dinner'. Dongwoo sat next to me, crowding me to the side of the small couch. 

"Close your eyes." He said softly. bewildered, I stared at him. He chuckled, and laid his hands on my face. My eyes closed immediately. Next I felt a cold substance on my eyes, and sighed lightly at the relief. 

"It's ice." He said, and I felt my hands curl into a fist. Another pair of hands unclenched them.

"Hye Mi, I'm worried. What's wrong?" Sohee whispered. After a few moments, I found my voice.

"Sungyeol?" I croaked. Shuffling indicated he was coming.

"Yes?" His voice appeared to my left. I turned to his direction, and the ice followed. 

"Tell them." I whispered, pained. Sohee's hands tightened on my hand.

"What? What's wrong?" She asked, panicked. 

"Are you sure?" Sungyeol's voice rang uncertainty. I nodded stiffly, and the ghost of a smile played on my lips.

"I want them all to know." I decided. I heard Sungyeol calling Hoya and Sunggyu from the kitchen. Someone came bounding out of another room, who I assumed to be Woohyun. I slid lower in my seat, and unvoluntarily inched closer to Dongwoo. I reached up, and gently pushed the ice from my eyes. My eyes rested on the living room, once bare, now full of life. I nodded at Sungyeol. His face was as still as stone as he faced the rest of them. 

"Hye Mi..She's...she's.." Sungyeol struggled, and for the first time, I saw his composure shake. I reached out, and clasped his hand. He covered his face with his other hand, and breathed deeply.

"She's..going to save Jin Gook." Sungyeol finally said. A painful silence resulted, and even Sungjong didn't interrupt. Sohee inhaled sharply, first to put the pieces together.

"No." She rasped. Her hands released mines, and instead, she hugged my shoulders.

"Hye Mi. No!" She cried, and buried her face into my shoulders. Woohyun's face was a mask of horror, and Sungjong's face was buried in a pillow. Dongwoo was tense beside me. Hoya's face was unchanged, but I saw fear in his eyes. Sunggyu held the door for support. The couch lightened, as Sungyeol stood up. His shoulders were trembling as he left the room, Sunggyu following. I closed my eyes against Sohee's shoulder.

It was all over.