Forgotten

Heartbeat

Sungjong grabbed my arm, and pushed Hoya off his chair with as much as a "Move, Hyung". He lightly pushed me down into the chair, and sat next to me, batting his puppy eyes. I tore my eyes away from his, and looked down at my hands, which were fidgeting nervously with all the attention.

"Personal space, maknae" Sungyeol rolled his eyes, and pulled Sungjong's chair further away. In response, Sungjong lept forward, and before I knew it, i was squashed in his arms, and went as stiff as a stick. I desperately looked at Sungyeol for help, and he immediately began to pry Sungjong off. 

"Aigoo, you little girl. Get off her! You don't even know her yet!" Sungjong just squeezed me harder, and I felt my ability to breathe beging to slip.

"Sun-sungjong, please let me go" I rasped. Sungjong let go right when I spoke, and looked at me in awe. 

"Noona, your voice is so pretty" I blushed deep red again and looked back down at my hands.

Sunggyu handed me a menu, and generously assured I could order anything I wanted. Uncertain, I ordered a small bowl of udon noodles, and waited for the others to order as well. I felt my spirits rise a bit each time Dongwoo leaned in to blow air into Hoya's ear, causing an icy glare and him scooting closer to Woohyun. Dongwoo in turn scooted closer to Hoya, and in a few minutes, Hoya had become the meat in a human sandwich, with now Woohyun AND Dongwoo blowing air into Hoya's ears. I stifled a laugh, and bit my lip, preventing myself from smiling too much. Sungyeol saw me struggling, and leaned closer to me.

"You can laugh. They won't mind." With that, I let myself free, and began shaking with laughter. Dongwoo stopped annoying Hoya, and stared at me in amazement as I grabbed my stomach in laughter. Mid-way through my fit, I heard silence from the table. I straightened, and saw all 7 of them gaping at me.

"Noona, you sound so pretty while laughing!" 

"Waahh, Sungyeol's girl has an amazing laugh. Don't you think so too, L?" Woohyun clapped L on the back, and continued smiling at me. L smirked, and nodded.  Sungyeol just beamed at me, and gave me a thumbs up. I was so confused. I wasn't forcing anything, and I was happier than I had been in months, maybe even years. The teasing continued, and I couldn't believe I was having that much fun. I smiled when they smiled, and by the end of the eventful day, I felt like I had been given a second chance. We left the restaurant at 8pm, and I waved good-bye, and turned to leave. 

"Wait! Hye Mi, this time I'll really walk you home" Sungyeol offered. *CRAP!* I thought to myself, fumbling with an excuse. He could NOT see the shambles of my house. 

"No no, that's fine. Really. I'll just walk by myself.. ummm, my place is pretty far, and I don't want you walking out of your way for me." I bit my lip, and hoped that Sungyeol assented.

"Ok, but let me walk you at least half way. It's not safe for a girl to walk alone in the dark." Sungyeol strode up to me, waved at the rest of his friends, and pulled me with him. The walk was comfortable, yet slightly awkward that we were so close. He made small talk, but I wasn't listening. Abruptly, he grabbed my hand, and forced me to look at him.

"Are you avoiding me?" I opened my mouth to protest, but snapped it shut when I had no response. 

" I know my friends are weird, but they all like you. I hope we can be friends too. Please?" Sungyeol clapped his hands together in plea. Looking at his ridiculous posture, I giggled. He saw it as victory, and began to pump his fists. He then started doing a mad little dance, and before I knew it, I was laughing uncontrollably. It almost hurt when I had to tell him I could walk alone. 

"Alright, good night Hye Mi! Let's hang soon, ok? And.. can I have your number?" Sungyeol whipped his phone out of his pocket.

"Erm, I don't have a cellphone." I said, ashamed.

"Oh? That's fine. I can't find you even without the phone." Sungyeol waved once more, and turned to leave. I felt my heart thumping at the last words he said, and walked home in a bliss.