Yeollie

Heartbeat

Exhausted, we waited for the bus. I sat down on the empty bench, and Sohee followed, resting her head on my shoulder in the process. I tipped my head to the side, ontop of hers. My eyes were starting the droop, the high of today slowly wearing off. Even Dongwoo and Sungjong were more controlled. Finally, the bus rumbled towards us. I lifted my head, and dragged myself to my feet. It was late, and the bus was almost empty. I walked to the very back, where it was completely empty. I rested my head against the window pane. Sungyeol filled the space beside me, and I vaguely remembering him lifting my head from the window, and placing it on his warm shoulder. 

The next time I opened my eyes, I was on someone's back. Alarmed, my head shot up, and the person chuckled. 

"Sungyeol? What..where..how.." I mumbled. I wasn't used to riding on someone's back. Sungyeol hopped once, positioning me in a more comfortable place.

"You fell asleep on the bus, and I didn't want to wake you up." He explained, while keeping a steady pace.

"You can let me down now! I can walk." I fumbled. Sungyeol shook his head.

"I like it..you're..warm." He stopped, and turned his head. He grinned at my blushing face, and kissed my nose. He started to walk again, and I laid my chin on his shoulder, enjoying the scent of him. My legs slowly wrapped around his waist, so he wouldn't have to use too much effort holding me up. Soon, we reached my house. I rapped his shoulder to let me down.

"Just get your key and open it." He refused to let go. I opened my bag, and took out my keys. Sungyeol knelt down a bit so I could shove the key into the lock. Unlocked, I turned the knob and pushed it forward, opening the door. Sungyeol walked in, and set me down on the couch. He heaved himself on my couch.

"I told you to let me down.." I murmured, seeing that he was exhausted. He held up his hand to stop me. I noticed the bracelet still on it, and smiled.

"Don't be silly. You're not heavy, and you never will be." He dropped his hand back down. His eyes closed.

"Just let me stay for a few minutes. Today was so tiring." He exhaled. I nodded, and building up the courage, I leaned in and pecked his cheek. I giggled lightly, and ran to the washroom. I took my time washing, letting the hot water soothe my tired muscles, without caring about the electricity bills. When I finished, I rubbed my hair dry with my towel, and stuck my toothbrush in my mouth before exiting the washroom. I didn't hear anything, and tip-toed towards the living room. Sungyeol was asleep, head lolling over the couch. I softened immediately. I quickly brushed my teeth, and changed into shorts and a t-shirt, before dragging my blankets to the living room. I waved my hand over his face. No reaction. I lightly pushed him, and he fell against the length of the sofa. I pulled his feet up, covering my mouth when I realized he was a bit too tall for it. His feet hung over the arm of the sofa. I thanked myself for getting a wide sofa, while gently settling down beside him. 

On my side, I gazed at his still, peaceful face. I traced my finger over his features like I did before, and giggled silently when his nose crinkled when I touched it. I brushed my lips against his before snuggling into his chest, and falling asleep. 

 

When I woke up, hazel eyes were staring into mine. Temporarily forgetting about last night, I flinched backwards, and would have fell if it weren't for Sungyeol's arms securely wrapped around me. My heart melted again as he let out his deep chuckle. I was suddenly conscious that I just woke up, and probably looked like a mess with morning breath. I squeaked, and wriggled out of his embrace before sprinting to the washroom. I emerged, fresh, after 5 minutes. I marched into the living room.

"Go brush your teeth." I commanded. He swiftly got up, and ruffled my hair before closing the washroom door. I decided to start breakfast. I started to boil the water, deciding for shrimp dumplings. I hummed and tapped my foot as I waited. 

"You're awfully cheerful." Sungyeol said, coming up behind me. I smiled sheepishly when I thought of last night. He mockingly stared at me.

"So..what happened last night?" He raised his eyebrows, leaning on the countertop. I looked down.

"You fell asleep..I didn't want to wake you up." I decided to mimick Sungyeol. He snorted, and closed the distance between the two of us.

"Water's boiling.." He whispered huskily in my ears. I felt the blood erupt from my ears, and I let out a short  "Eep" before whirling around. I dumped the frozen dumplings into the water, and stirred it with a spoon. Sungyeol rested his chin on my shoulder. 

"Can we go visit Jin Gook today?" He asked next to my ear. I thought about it for a moment, then nodded. 

"I should call the rest. We can all go together!" Sungyeol lifted his head to get his phone, but I turned abruptly.

"No..yeollie, can it just be us? Just for today?" I plead. His eyes slightly enlarged.

"What..what did you call me?" He asked, astonished. I thought back, and turned red.

"I'd rather not." I whirled back to the stove, but felt Sungyeol's hands snake around my waist, before pulling me back and tickling my sides. I gave a yelp, and started to laugh uncontrollably while trying to move away. 

"Say it again." He growled playfully. 

"Y-yeollie!" I gasped between shrieks of laughter. His fingers stopped, but his grip stayed. He chuckled.

"I like it." he murmured, and kissed my forehead. His lips traveled down, kissing my cheeks, nose, and lips. I pressed into him, loving the way he trailed kisses down my face. He suddenly picked me up, and brought me over to the couch, placing me softly on the seat, while he stayed on the ground, not breaking the kiss. My hands tangled in his hair, and his hands were clasping mine, thumb drawing patterns on my palm. A silent alarm sounded in my head, and I broke the kiss, running towards the kitchen. 

"We almost overboiled it!" I yelled, quickly ladlingn out the dumplings, and into 2 bowls. I placed some for Jin Gook, and called Sungyeol.

"LET'S EAT!" I shouted, and sat down. 

"CALL ME YEOLLIE!" Came the reply. I frowned.

"NO!" I yell back. I heard shuffling, and Sungyeol came to the door, and stared me down.

"Call me Yeollie." He whined. I felt myself soften and melt at his pout.

"Yeollie, come on. We have to eat and go visit Jin Gook." I smiled, and immediately, he rushed to the table. 

"Komawo, angel." He grinned and dug into the dumplings.