PLAYDAY

Heartbeat

I shifted in my sleep. There were thumping noises disturbing my dream, but I refused to get up. The thumping got louder, and finally, I awoke. Sitting up, I tried to register the loud noises. Fear crept up inside of me. Was it a robber? I slowly got up, and stepped out of my bedroom. Barefoot, I tiptoed towards the noise, that happened to be coming from the front door. I heard muffled voices coming from the door as well. I inched closer, and finally pressed myself against the door, careful to avoid the viewing hole of the door. I pressed my ear to the door, straining to hear what they were saying.

"WE HAVE TO GET HER NOW!" A booming voice shouted. Terror shot through me and I darted into the living room for a phone-until I realized I HAD no phoneline. I felt nauseous as I tried to think of how to escape. the thumping had stopped, but I could hear violent shouts. *THE BACK DOOR* my mind screamed at me. I willed my legs to move, and grabbed my runners before running to the back door. I peered out, and saw that no one was there. Sliding open the glass door, I slipped on my shoes, and closed it silently behind me. How would I escape? The fence was too high to jump over. I paced back and forth, adrenaline pumping into my veins. I finally decided I was going to make a run for it, and scream at the top of my lungs for someone to help me. Taking a deep breath, I shot through the gate. When I came to the front of the house, I tried to see the intruders. If I got their looks, I could report them to the police. But the intruders weren't who I expected. I stopped dead in my tracks.

"Oh. Hye Mi, out for a walk?" Myungsoo casually asked. No words formed in my mouth. Instead, I stared at the scene unfolding behind him. 

"YAH! GET OUT OF THE HOUSE! I WANT TO GO!" Dongwoo screamed at the door. Sungjong was peeking through the windows, trying to see past the curtains. Hoya and Sunggyu were leaning against the light post, shaking their heads at their idiotic friends. 

"Good morning" Sungyeol swept a gentle kiss on my temple. Despite being furious that I had just run out of my house because of them, my knees weakened. I coughed, and tried to keep my glare steady. Hoya saw my glare, and strode over to Dongwoo and Sungjong. Easily, he plucked them away from the door, and they stared at him in confusion.

"waeyo, hyung? Don't you want to get Hye Mi?" Sungjong whined. He finally saw me, and blinked.

"Noona? You're there? But.." His eyes drifted back to the house. I folded my arms across my chest. Sunggyu pointed at me.

"No offense, but you look like you were sleeping, then had a sudden urge to go jogging."

"Wow..your hair can nest a few birds." Sungyeol joked, attempting to brush it with his fingers. I slapped off his hand. 

"You..." I pointed straight at Dongwoo.

"You..sounded like a burglar. You scared the living daylights out of me. YOU MADE ME RUN OUT OF MY HOUSE FEARING MY LIFE!" I shouted at him. His held his hands out infront of him and stepped behind Sunggyu.

"I..I wanted to wake you up so we could go.." he mumbled guiltily.

"GO WHERE?" I shrieked. Myungsoo tried to calm me down by helping Sungyeol untangle my hair. 

"NOT TELLING!!" Sungjong clapped in glee, completely forgetting my sour mood. Not that it lasted long anyways. I whirled around to stop Sungyeol and Myungsoo from pulling out all of my hair. 

"Let me fix it myself." I grumbled, and trudged back into my house from the back door. Loud crunching of the rocks indicated that they were following me. I stepped in, and headed straight to the washroom. I showered, brushed my teeth, and walked out drying my hair. A delicious aroma wafted from the kitchen. I walked in seeing Sunggyu frying bacon, and Dongwoo making eggs. He gave me a meek smile when I entered. I sat down, and a plate slid infront of me.

"Mianhae.." Dongwoo pouted. I still didn't give in. He started dancing like a leprechaun, and soon I was clutching my stomach from laughing. He stopped, and beamed.

"Araso..araso, I forgive you.." I wiped a tear from my eye. Dongwoo whooped and smacked his palm against Hoyas. Sunggyu handed out the rest of the plates, and we all crowded around the table. I watched with amusement as they wolfed down their food. I tapped my fork against the plate loudly, and they all stopped eating.

"Why are you guys here?" I asked, poking at my eggs. Myungsoo swallowed his mouthful.

"Secret." Was all he said. He picked up a piece of bacon and set to work munching on it. I furrowed my eyebrows.

"I demand to know. After all, you people are eating my food." I pressed. Dongwoo protectively held his plate away from me. I looked at Sungjong, hoping he would crack.

"Oh no you don't." Sungyeol moved so that he was standing infront of Sungjong, away from my line of view. I rolled my eyes, and starting eating again. 

"Don't worry about it too much. What is the worst we can do?" Sunggyu offered me his widest grin. 

"You look like brock." I snorted. Myungsoo chortled at the insult. I heard another knock on the door. Hoya strode across and flung open the door without even checking.

"EGGS AND BACON?" Woohyun hollered and bounded in. He grabbed Hoya's unattended plate and started wolfing down the bacon. Sohee stepped in, and headed straight for the couch. I took my plate and joined her. Her head rested on the back of the couch, and her eyes were closed. 

"Hey. What's going on?" I nudged her. She shook her head.

"No idea..I heard banging on my door today, and thankfully my parents were already gone for work. I got up, thinking it was a robber, and turned out to be the crack-head Woohyun." She covered he face with her hands. I chuckled.

"HEY. I HEARD THAT!" Woohyun's muffled voice came from the kitchen. 

"Want to eat?" I offered. She shook her head. She seemed distressed. I nudged her again. This time, she flung her arms around me. I moved the plate out of the way.

"Hye Mi..I'm ruined.." She cried against my shoulder. Sungjong came through the door, and blinked.

"Noona?" He ventured. Sohee didn't even stir.

"What's wrong?" I patted her back, concerned.

"Woohyun....he...he.." She stumbled. Sungjong sat next to me.

"What did he do?" Sungjong pressed. Sohee clinged onto me harder.

"HE SAW ME WITH BEDHEAD!!" Sohee finally shrieked, surprising both me and Sungjong, who jumped up at her loud scream. Sohee threw her face against the pillow. I didn't know whether to be concerned, or to laugh. Woohyun stepped into the living room, with a plateful of food.

"You looked beautiful." Woohyun protested. Sohee lifted her head.

"Really?" Her voice hopeful. 

"No!" Hoya's booming voice filled the room. Sohee turned mortified. I heard someone smack Hoya on the head, and assumed it had to be Sunggyu. Woohyun lowered himself onto the ground.

"Come on...it really wasn't bad. And it shouldn't matter. You're gorgeous. It never occured to me that you could EVER look hideous, baby." Woohyun cooed. I felt myself shiver.

"That was disgusting, hyung." Sungjong lept from the couch, and I gladly joined him, hurrying out of the living room. When I reached the kitchen, Sungyeol was leaning against the frame.

"You didn't like that?" He snickered. I stared at him.

"Like what?" I asked, confused. Sungyeol leaned in.

"Woohyun's flirting." Sungyeol whispered. I felt myself involuntarily shiver with longing to be in his arms. He chuckled.

"Princess, you're the best thing that has ever happened to me." Sungyeol breathed. I felt his lips touch mine, but it was gone.

"Not when we're eating." Sunggyu had grabbed Sungyeol's ear, and dragged him away from me. I giggled as Sungyeol squirmed under Sunggyu's hold. Myungsoo cleared his throat.

"Now..can we all please just get on with what we planned." He motioned for Woohyun to bring Sohee into the kitchen. Once we were all gathered, Sunggyu took the lead.

"Hye Mi..we are going to...LOTTE WORLD!"