Math with Myungsoo

Heartbeat

After the encounter with Jiho, I felt myself at a loss. Maybe he wasn't as bad as I percieved him to be. I tapped my chin thoughtfully as I sat at my desk. Bring out my transcript, I grabbed my pencil and thought about Jiho's personality. He wasn't my enemy, he said. Now that I thought about it, he never caused me any bodily harm. I cringed when I realized I had slapped him without even thinking. I opened my transcript and disappeared in my world of writing, pen gliding on the paper effortlessly. 

I covered my ears slightly as I passed the school gates. It was too early in the morning for squealing and shouting, but that was all I heard as girls swooned over Sunggyu, Dongwoo, and Myungsoo. Why were they here so early? I touched my head slightly as the squeals got louder. Wait..why were the screams getting closer to me? I snapped my eyes open, and saw Myungsoo walking towards me. *EEP* I stiffened, and tried to dart away.

"Yah, don't you dare." I froze as I heard Myungsoo's tone. I slowly turned my head, expecting a menacing glare. But instead, Myungsoo wore a teasing smile, and I furrowed my eyebrows, realizing I was tricked. He approached me, and knocked my forehead.

"You ran from us the other day, and it's not going to happen again." He scolded. I nodded meekly, and hesitantly beckoned him to get closer. Confused, he bent down, his ear level to my mouth.

"Those girls..are following you." I whispered. Myungsoo turned his head, earning another round of giggles. He turned back.

"So?" He whispered back. I gaped at him.

"They're going to kill me!" I whispered urgently. Myungsoo smirked.

"Not if I have anything to do with it." He carelessly slung his arm over my neck, and dragged me away. I shot panicked glances at the mob of girls, and gulped. Myungsoo walked to my locker, and released me. Blinking at him, I slowly twirled the combination, and opened it. Glancing to the side, I saw Myungsoo leaning against the locker next to mine, idly looking out the window.

"You didn't have to come here, you know." I remarked, while shoving books into my backpack. Myungsoo rolled his head to face me.

"I wanted to." He said slowly, and looked back at the window. I felt myself smile softly. The bell rang, and Myungsoo. He grabbed my math textbook out from my bag.

"What are you doing?" I asked, confused. Myungsoo closed my bag, and shut my locker.

"I don't want you to be a slouched granny." He replied, and shouldered his bag too, carrying both of our texts in his arms.

"I can carry it." I protested, and tried to grab my text out of his arms. He lightly pushed my hand away.

"Don't be silly and let's just go to class." Myungsoo scoffed. I sighed with defeat, and followed him to our math class. I was well aware of the glares in the class-all the girls just adored Myungsoo's cold complexion, and sharp features. I slumped at our desk by the wall. there were no windows, so I didn't have any chance of day-dreaming. Myungsoo slid my textbook to me, and I rested my head on it. A minute later, I heard a girl approach our table. I kept my head down, knowing that she didn't want to see me.

"Myungsoo..oppa, please accept this!" The girl squealed with nervousness. I felt bad for the girl, as Myungsoo stayed silent. It was worse than just a flat out rejection. The girl eventually scuttled away, and I turned my head, still resting o my text, but facing Myungsoo.

"Why did you do that? You should have just taken whatever she wanted to give you." I scolded lightly.

"Please, I will not accept some burned cookies, and pretend to enjoy it." Myungsoo scoffed.

"Tsk tsk.." I clucked my tongue. He raised an eyebrow.

"Why are you so offended? They weren't your cookies." He leaned back in his chair, letting his legs stretch out. He waited for an answer.

"Well, I think..." My voice trailed off. Myungsoo glanced at me.

"She made those cookies herself, and I think it's rude that you just pushed her away." I said, confident with my answer. Myungsoo sat up and grinned.

"Would you bake me cookies?" He asked, slyly. I nodded my head.

"Of course. I'd bake all of you guys cookies." I beamed. Myungsoo chuckled and stood up. He walked over to the girl, and picked up the cookies with a quick thanks, and sat back down. The girl's face had morphed into a red blotch. I giggled lightly as Myungsoo plopped down and stared at the cookies in disbelief.

"You want me to eat this?" He poked at the burnt spots. I lightly slapped his hand, and picked up the cookies. Taking them out of the box, I broke off the burnt parts, and handed them to him.

"You have to promise me that you'll bake us cookies if I hate this cookie" He demanded. I nodded, and he took a tentative bite. Immediately, he started coughing, and my eyes widened. I grabbed my water bottle, and patted his back while he took a swig from the bottle. He placed a hand on his stomach, and groaned slightly.

"Oh my gosh, I'm so sorry!" I cried out in horror. Myungsoo groaned, but smiled.

"You're going to bake us cookies." He said happily.