Woo Jiho

Heartbeat

I wavered slightly as Jiho's sharp eyes held mine in captive. I tore my eyes away, and fiddled with my pencil. I heard gasps, and looked up, and froze as I saw Jiho leaning over my desk, still staring at me.

"Aren't you the girl that breathed on my car this morning?" He accusingly asked, frowning.

"I breathed on your car because you almost killed me." I hissed, then covered my mouth in shock and humiliation. What had I done? I had provoked him.

"Fiesty, aren't we?" Jiho chuckled and stood up.

"I like fiesty girls. But you have to pay back what you started." He breathed in my face, and smirked when he saw my cringe. Taking a seat in the back, he leaned back on his chair, and flipped through his phone.

"Woo Jiho, please put your phone away." The teacher strictly told Jiho.

"Teacher, I suggest you let me do my things, and in turn, I'll let you continue teaching. How abut that? You should know the circumstances of disobeying me." Jiho glanced back at his phone. I whipped my head towards the teacher, expecting a dentention, and a years worth of embarassment for talking back to the teacher. Instead, the teacher just ran his hand through his thinning hair, and began the lesson, leaving Jiho to his little world. Disappointed, I glanced back at Jiho, and confirmed that she detest him. Sungyeol nudged me, and I turned to him quickly. I remembered how much I liked sungyeol, and began laughing as he drew cartoons over my pages. I didn't notice Jiho looking from his phone, and looking at me as I slapped Sungyeol's arm mockingly, and . My eyes wandered to Jiho, and watched him tense up. I started to notice the features of his face, but when Sungyeol emitted a laugh, I turned back automatically, and burst into giggles at his drawings. When I glanced back at him again, he was concentrating intently on his phone.

 

After waving good-bye to Sungyeol, I began my trek home. I thought about the chapters I would add to my transcript, and failed to notice the black car trailing behind me. I let myself in, and closed the door behind me just as the car sped by. Curious, I opened the door again, and caught a glimpse of blonde. Tilting my head, I wondered why such a nice car was in this neighborhood. Unable to come up with an answer, I closed the door again and sat down at my desk. I spotted a white envelope near the door, and sighed. It was the bill for the month. I dreaded this day. I slowly got up and picked up the envelope. Ripping it open, I prepared myself for the worst-and got it. The bills of the hospital had built up, and with the house rent, my current job would not be able to cover it. Sighing, I rubbed my tired eyes and walked back out, and to a convience store. I grabbed the latest newspaper, and flipped to the job section. Thumbing through options, I circled the possibilities, and found a pay phone. I counted my coins, and figured I had 5 tries to get a job. By the fourth try, I still hadn't found a job. I furrowed my eyebrows, and tried to decide the best offering. After a few agonizing minutes, I took a deep breath, and dialed the number. Biting my bottom lip, I listened intently to the dial tone. A voice answered, and my heart fluttered with hope. They said they were really desperate for employees, and asked if I could work long hours. I hastily told them I could, and when they accepted me, I gave a jump of delight. A new feeling of hope coursed through me, and I walked back home with a light heart. And just like the first time, I saw a quick flash of blonde behind a bus, and blinked. I comtemplated checking out the bush, but decided against it. Humming, I swung open my door, and slammed it with a satisfying slam.