Packing

Heartbeat

After Sohee let go of Minki, I felt Minki's arms winding around me. I gasped silently. She rested her head on my shoulder.

"Hye Mi..you're such a wonderful person.." She said with awe. I smiled wistfully. I probably was a nice person. I patted her back.

"You're a wonderful person too, Minki." I said softly. She vigorously shook her head.

"Anni. I'm a horrible person. There's no need to pretend because I'm in this sorry state." She said. I expectantly looked at Jiho, who cleared his throat.

"Minki..you ARE a nice person. Well..since..30 minutes ago.." He added under his breath when Minki flung herself at him. I watched with amusement as his cheeks slightly colored. I motioned with my arms that he should hug her back. Uncertaintly, he started to wind his arms around her, but Minki pulled away.

"Mianhae. I forgot you didn't like me." She gave a tiny smile, and sat back down. Sohee rolled her eyes at Jiho. I stifled a laugh.

"I should get going." Minki said, after checking her phone. I smiled, and nodded. Minki leaned forward.

"You and Sungyeol look adorable together." Minki said after a wink. She got up, and hugged Sohee before walking off. Sohee practically shoved Jiho forwards. 

"I got it. Jeez woman." He straightened his jacket, and hurried after Minki. Sohee nudged me. 

"This is better isn't it?" She whistled. I nodded. It did feel good to know that Minki wasn't ill-hearted. I felt different after hearing about Minki and Jiho's stories. Everyone had their challenges, and they all faced them. I guess it was about time I faced mine too. I beamed.

"I should clean out my locker." I stood up, half expecting her to bound up with me. 

"Actually, I have to go to." her eyes flicked from her phone to me. I nodded understandingly, and waved before heading off to my locker. Before I even reached the hallway, I heard the ruckus.

"Hyung...I've tried about 30 times..why are the lockers so hard to open?!?" Came Sungjong's whining voice. Next came Sungyeol's usual laughter.

"Babo..there are about 100 different combinations. You're never going to open it. " Sungyeol chortled. I smiled when Sungjong emitted yet another wail. 

"I want to help noona clean up.." He sniffled. I couldn't hold it anymore. I stepped into the hallway, and my mouth twitched from fighting the smile that seemed to form everytime I saw Sungyeol. Sungjong jumped away from my locker.

"Noona..I swear..I wasn't trying to break in." His puppy eyes threatened to pop out of their sockets. I pretended to give him an icy glare, and stepped up to my locker. As I twirled the combination, I felt him inch closer, trying to see. I shot him a look, and he withered away.

"You're being too hard on Sungjongie." Sungyeol gently chided, amusement ringing high in his voice. I chuckled.

"Come here, dongsaeng." I waved him over. Sungjong gladly bounded over, and I showed him my combination.

"What..I was close!" He yelled in outrage. I just rolled my eyes and opened it. I tapped my finger on my chin. How was I going to take all this home. Take more trips? Someone cleared their throat. I turned around, and saw Sungjong cutely holding a box in his hands.

"Here, noona!" He said cheerfully. Sungyeol pretended to gag, and earned a death glare from Sungjong. I took the box.

"Komawo, Sungjongie." I piled all my things into the box. I stood back up to close the locker, and when I bent back down for the box, it was gone.

"Kaja." Sungyeol said simply, and started to walk off with the box. I shuffled after him. 

"Sungjongie! Aren't you coming?" I shouted, seeing that Sungjong was still standing there.

"Nope! Have fun!" He hollered back. *Fun?* I thought, before I slammed into Sungyeol.

"Ah! Mianhae!" I gasped. Sungyeol smirked.

"Come on. Have some faith in your boyfriend. I can withstand a bit more than your weight." He chuckled. I blinked. *this is the first time he addressed himself as my boyfriend* I thought happily. I noticed he had started walking again, and hurried after him. As bravely as I could, I linked my arm with his. A bit surprised, he stopped walking.

"Wae? Keep going!" I tugged on his arm. He snapped out of his daze, and quickly leaned in. He pecked me on the nose. I giggled, and he smiled before leaning in to kiss my lips. Wanting to savor the moment, I tip-toed and wrapped my arms around his neck. The box was the only thing seperating him from me. He pressed his lips harder on mine, and I felt it harder to breathe. When he left the kiss to catch his breath, my eyes fluttered open. My breath caught in my throat. Sungyeol looked like an angel, his bangs slightly covering one eye. His lips were curled into a crooked smile. I instinctively brushed his bangs away. His eyes closed when I touched his face, and he leaned forward again. His lips brushed mine gently.

"Saranghae" He said against my lips. I felt myself shudder with bliss, and smiled into the kiss.

"Saranghae..oppa" I whispered, and felt his laughter against mine.