Glued together

Heartbeat

When Minki was out of sight, Sohee stumbled and leaned against the wall. She warily glanced at me

"Are you ok?" She asked breathlessly. I was taken aback. How could she worry about me when she just ruined her friendship with Minki? I shook my head.

"Im fine, but what about you? What about Minki?" I nervously wrung my hands. A part of me wanted her to go back to Minki, and start over, but the selfish me wanted her to stay. I watched Sohee try to come up with a response. I leaned back against the wall to indicate I would wait until she had an answer.

"That..doesn't matter right now. I saw the pure fear in your eyes when she took those papers from you, I couldn't let her destory them." Sohee finally breathed, relaxing a bit. I nodded hesitantly.

"Thank you so much, really. I don't know what I would have done if Minki had poured the water on my transcript."

"Transcript?" Sohee asked, perking up with interest. I gave her a small smile, and nodded. She looked at me expectantly. *Well, I DID bring it here to show her*. I reached into my bag, but realized Sohee had put it in my locker to keep it safe from Minki. 

"Wait here" I said quickly, and raced back to my locker. I didn't see Minki, and rotated the lock as fast as I could. I grabbed my transcipt, and ran back to Sohee. Sohee watched with interest as I smoothed the pages. I handed it to her. I watched as she delicately flipped the first page, and scanned the pages. Her eyes widened, and she looked at me suddenly.

"You write?!" She practically shouted. I smacked my hand over my face. 

"Yes, I do. Can you please not shout that out to the entire school?" I muttered, and looked around to make sure no one saw. I looked back at Sohee, and saw her walking away with my transcipt. My throat constricted. Was she going to finish off what Minki started? I started to chase after her, but stopped when Sohee sat down on a bench, completely endorsed in my writing. I sunk into the seat beside her, and kicked my feet around. When Sohee had finished, she placed it back in my hands, and clapped.

"That was AWESOME!" She squealed, jumping up. I sat, dumbfounded as Sohee excitedly chattered about my transcipt. Sohee sat back down, and hugged my arm.

"There was a character in there.. I think it was me" Sohee looked at me with puppy eyes. I sighed.

"Erm..yes.. I made a character to represent you." I manged to get out. She giggled, and wagged her eyebrows.

"And I don't suppose, the main boy in this..is..Lee-Sung-yeol?" She counted out each syllable. I clamped my hand over and felt blush creeping into my cheeks and ears. Sohee removed my hand and giggled even more. 

"That's so cute, Hye Mi! I didn't know you were so romantic." Sohee swung her legs back and forth. I looked at her, confused. 

"Um, thank you?" I cocked my head to the side, and thought about what Sohee had said. Romantic? But Sungyeol was my best friend! I didn't have time to think about it, because Sohee was on the move.

"Hey, lets eat lunch together, yeah?" Sohee pointed in the direction of the cafeteria. I had never sat with anyone besies Sungyeol during lunch. I smiled, and nodded. I let Sohee drag me into the cafeteria. She filled up her tray, and pointed at yummy things she wanted me to try. Finished, she pulled me to an open table. I felt fidgety and looked back to see Minki sending death through her eyes. I gulped, and looked around. Most people were whispering, and pointing at us. 

"Don't worry." Sohee poked me, and moved her tray so that we would be sitting beside me. 

"You're my best friend, and that's all I need." Sohee smiled brightly, and I couldn't help but smile back. I soon forgot about the stares as she recited parts of my transcipt outloud. I had given up trying to keep her from telling the world my story, so I just laughed along with her and ate. I felt another burning gaze, and turned around. My eyes widened when I saw it was Jiho. He had a mixed expressin on his face, but I couldn't place it, and I couldn't look away. I stayed frozen, trying to figure out his expression, until Minki sauntered over to Jiho. He broke eye contact, and dully looked at Minki. She sat next to him, but he shoved her away. I bit my lip to stop myself from laughing. I turned back to my food. Sohee nudged me gently with her arm. I blinked at her.

"You don't mind..me sitting with you right?" She asked, biting her lip. I almost dropped my fork in surprise. How could she be asking that? 

"Of course not." I hastily answered. Sohee seemed satisfied, and nodded her head. She began to eat again. I took a deep breath.
"To be honest, Sohee, I'm really happy you're sitting here with me. I've never had..a "best friend". I mean, Sungyeol counts too, but its not the same. When you saved my transcipt today, I felt so grateful I could burst. I still can't believe you asked me to be your friend." I babbled, and looked down. Sohee stayed quiet for a few moments, then burst into a round of giggles.

"Pabo, of course I'd want to be your friend. Everything about you is likeable. The rest of the student body must be blind." Sohee swatted my arm lightly.

"Let's be the closest of friends ever. I want to be glued to you!" Sohee clapped her hands, and beamed at me.