Not the enemy

Heartbeat

The belled tolled, and students rushed out of their classrooms, flooding into the hallway. I pushed my way through the crowd, some sending me glares. I meekly bowed, and finally pushed past the doors into the courtyard. Squeals rang through the air, and I turned my head. I gaped at the sight of Sungyeol and them walking out of the school, hands in their pockets, all wearing cool looks. They looked like models. A mob of girls weren't far behind. I tried to sneek away.

"NOONA!" I closed my eyes, and sighed. I knew that melodious voice anywhere. I reluctantly turned back, and waved slightly. I felt the laser stares from the girls, and tried to escape.

"Yes um, I'm going home!" i called out hastily, and turned back, before speed walking past. I heard Sungyeol call my name, but I just kept powering through. I slowed down when I was out of range. I walked down a long street, and noticed a figure walking infront of me. I took in his hooded sweater, designed with streaks of silver, giving him an edgy look. He had his hands stuffed in his pockets, and looked like he hadn't a care in the world. I kept walking, and noticed he was still walking ahead of me. I looked around, and saw that it was my neighborhood. I hadn't seen him around. I looked up at the sky, and wondered how Jin Gook was going. I crashed into the figure.

"OOF!" I cried out, staggering backwards. I took in a sharp breath.

"Mianhnae!" I bowed, knocking my head with my own fist. I kept my position, but let my eyes wander up. 

"Kitty cat." Jiho wiggled his fingers. My panic turned into anger, and I straightened up quickly. 

"Can you stop calling me that?" I snap, and try to walk around him.

"Whoa whoa there, slow down..kitty cat" He added. I glared at him. He winked at me, and turned around, walking in the direction he was heading. I bit my lip and looked around. There was no other way I could get to my house, so I had to follow Jiho. I stayed a far distance behind him. 

"AISH, I'm almost at my house, why is he still here??" I mutter. Jiho stopped walking, and jerked his thumb to the right. I followed his gaze, and I almost dropped my bag.

"Aren't you going to go in, kitty cat?" He called out, and started walking again. I clamped my hand over my mouth to stop myself from screaming. *HE KNOWS WHERE I LIVE* I screamed in my head. I heard him shout, and slowly looked at him.

"Don't be embarrassed!" He hollered, and saluted me. I ran into my house, and slumped against the door. *How did he know?* I thought, lips pursed with dread. I didn't trust Jiho one bit. 

 

As soon as I opened my eyes, I knew something was wrong. My eyes lingered on the patterns of milky streaks the sun created through the pale glass. I looked at the ground, and noticed that the streaks were cracked. I bolted upright, wincing at the sharp pang of pain in my head, indicating I had gotten up too quickly. I gasped when I saw the window had been vandilized with spray paint-angry scratches of red on the glass. I ran outside, not caring that I was still in my pajamas. I skidded to a stop infront of the house.

. DIRTY. TRASH

I felt myself sink towards the ground, numb. Why was I always the target? *JIHO* my mind shouted at me. I closed my eyes, wondering why he hated me so much. Pulling myself up, I went back in to head to school. I dragged my legs with me as I rounded the corner to my locker. I heard a nasty voice, and flattened myself against the wall, knowing it was Minki. She seemed to be arguing with someone. I took a deep breath, and turned, placing my palms flat against the wall. I moved my head tentively to the edge, peering past the wall. I saw Minki, then Jiho. My palms clenched into fists, and I listened.

"But oppa, I did everything you wanted." I heard Minki whine, encircling her arms around Jiho. She rested her head on his chest. I almost gagged at the sight. Jiho stayed in the same position, staring infront of him.

"That nasty , Hye Mi. Always meddling with you. She's going to pay for hitting you." Minki reached up to his cheek, and Jiho jerked his head to the right. He met eyes with me, and his sharp eyes widened. I whirled around and ran. I heard footsteps, and ran faster, but Jiho grabbed my arm. I stopped, but didn't face him.

"Where are you going, kittycat? You didn't even say hi." He didn't let go of my wrist. I tore out of his hold.

"Don't call me that." I whispered, scared that if I tried to speak louder, my voice would crack. I heard the crunching of the gravel, and soon after, I saw his sneakers infront of mine. He leaned in, and I flinched. He noticed, and backed away.

"Do I digust you that much?" He scoffed. Anger swelled inside of me. I my heels and started walking out of the school gates.

"Are you ditching?" He asked, amused. I ignored him and kept walking. He followed me. I gritted my teeth. I headed to the supermarket. Jiho jogged up infront of me, and into the aisle of cleaning supplies. My anger subsided a fraction when I saw him   grab a basket, filling it with soap and sponges. he turned to me.

"How bad is it?" He asked. I knew he was talking about the graffiti. He was the one who did it, but why was he asking? I flashed him a glare.

"Wouldn't you know, Woo Jiho?" I spat, grabbing the basket from him. He didn't speak. I stalked over to the cashier, and got out my wallet.

"Allow me, since I made the mess." He held out his arm. I shoved my wallet back into my bag, and walked out with the supplies. Jiho was still following me.

"Look, just go back to school." I muttered, turning around. He smirked, and shook his head. I sighed in annoyance when he passed me, and walked down the road to my house. When we got there, he whistled.

"Well, that is a piece of work." He chuckled. I dropped the bag, and went into the house to get a bucket. Bringing it out, I poured the soap into it, and rolled up my sleeve. I reached for the sponges, but hands had already taken it away. I blinked as Jiho opened the package, took out a sponge, and dunked it into the soapy water. He walked up to the window, and started scrubbing. 

"What, what are you doing?" I sputtered. Jiho chuckled.

"Cleaning up someone elses' mess, I guess." He responded. My eyebrows hitched up. Somebody elses's mess? But didn't he.. I got up suddenly.

"You didn't do this?" I asked, incredulous. He shook his head lightly. 

"But..but..you're the only one who knows where I live!" I gasped. He turned around at me.

"Can you please get a sponge and start cleaning?" He nodded his head at the opened package of sponges. I bent down, and picked up a sponge. 

"Wait." Jiho called. He strode over, and pulled something else out of the bag. It was rubber gloves. He ripped it open.

"Don't ruin your hands. You need to write pathetic fantasies with them." Jiho threw the gloves in my direction. I caught them before they could hit my face, and felt my anger dwindle. I didn't offer a 'thank you', but put the gloves on. I headed to the window, and started with the word "" sprayed on the window. My scrubs were quick and rough, my body functioning on the adrenaline of hate I had for Minki, and whoever did this deed. An hour later, the window was spotless, and I could see my reflection on the pearly surface. Jiho dropped the sponge and massaged his arm.

"God this stuff is hard to take off." He whined. I rolled my eyes, but smiled a bit. I cleaned up the bucket, and darted into my house. I grabbed two drinks from the fridge, and headed back. I handed one to Jiho, without looking at him.

"Komawo." I said quickly. Jiho laughed and took the drink. I heard the sound of the can opening, and Jiho sighed with content and he downed the cool liquid. Having nothing more to say, I started back to the house. 

"Hye Mi." Jiho called. I stopped in my tracks when I realized he hadn't used the nickname.

"I'm not your enemy." He said. I turned slowly to face him. He shrugged.

" I know I was rude to you, but I don't hate you. Just remember that." Jiho held up his drink in thanks, and walked away, leaving me wondering whether to believe him or not