Ignorance

Heartbeat

When P.E ended, I was stil thinking about Minki. The way she spoke about Jiho annoyed me to no end. The way she said his name too, as if he was precious. 'Jiho Oppa' Minki had said. I shivered in digust, and wiped the sweat off my brow. On my way to the change rooms, I met eyes with the nice girl, and she smiled genuinely before turning forward. I looked back, and saw Minki approaching. I looked at the nice girl again, and softened. She must have gone through alot if she had to follow Minki around like a dog. I was deep in thought when I felt something sharp hit my head. I hissed in pain. Whirling around, I saw no one. Minki snickered as she bumped past me. 

"You seem to give people the urge to hit you" She whispered in my ear, then flipped her hair over her shoulder. I clenched my jaw, and took deep breaths. I was supposed to be used to this kind of treatment, but why was it bothering me now? I trudged back into the school, and got ready for my class with Sungyeol. Just the thought of Sungyeol lifted my spirits. I felt whole with him, and I knew he would be my friend forever. I hadn't felt hopeless in such a long time. I softly smiled, and thanked God for sending me an angel. 

 

Sungyeol greeted me with a "Yo", and pulled my chair open. I nodded in acknowlegement, and walked towards him. A flash of blonde entered my field of vision, and Jiho was now infront of me. Frowning, I tried to walk past him. He held out his arm, and I huffed in anger. Minki had done it too. 

"Excuse me" I muttered angrily, and tried once again to pass by. He refused to budge. I felt my face boil, and looked down to calm myself. Jiho lazily stuffed his hands in his pocket.

"Jeez woman. Would it hurt to say hello?" He slurred. I looked at him in disbelief. He threatened me because I breathed on his car, and now he wants a hello? This kid is insane. I bit my lip to stop myself from snapping, and thankfully, Sungyeol stepped in.

"I think you should let Hye Mi past." Sungyeol said, smiling at Jiho, but his eyes showed nothing of kindness. Jiho must have sensed the hostility, and straightened.

"Oh, I see you have a bodyguard, kittycat. Araso, I'll leave you alone for now." He stalked past Sungyeol and sat down at his desk. My jaw dropped open. KITTY CAT? What was that supposed to mean? In my shock, I let Sungyeol guide me to our seats. I plopped down, and buried my face in my arms. Sungyeol gently patted my back. He heard me muttering, and leaned in.

"I hate him. I hate him, I hate him." Sungyeol chuckled, and tapped my arm. I looked up, and he pinched my cheeks.

"Aigoo, you're so cute. Don't be upset, princess." I slapped his hand away.  

"Why are you calling me that. My name is Hye Mi, if you haven't noticed. Kittycat, and now princess?" I pouted.

"I call you princess because you're pure, and kind, and you have this aura around you that is different." Sungyeol explained, serious. I looked at him, then burst out into giggles.

"You're so silly, oppa." I kept laughing, and Sungyeol joined in. 

 

After school, I pulled the strap of my backpack over my shoulder, and walked to my locker. As I neared, I saw a sticky note pasted on it. I narrowed my eyes, and approached it cautiously. When I was right infront of my locker, I glanced both ways before reading it.

Hey, Kittycat. Wanna have some fun?

          -The one and only, Hot oppa, Jiho

I snatched the paper off my locker, and threw it on the ground. After repeatedly stomping on it, I blew the bangs away from my face and sighed with relief.

"Anger issues?" A voice whispered. I whirled around, and came face to face with Jiho. I blinked in shock, and fell back, hiting my head on the locker.

"owwwiiee.." I hissed, and crouched down infront of my locker, rubbing my head.

"Tsk tsk, kittycat is a klutz". Jiho smirked, and held out his hand. I resentfully glared at him, and smacked his hand away.

"Get away from me." I ordered, and stood up myself.

"I was right when I said you were fiesty. Intriguing." The way he said it sounded like a tourist examining a zoo animal. I didn't respond, and opened my locker. After taking all my needed books, I slammed the locker shut. Jiho was leaning against the locker next to mine, and rubbed his ears.

"Aish, you're too lou." Jiho complained. I flared inside.

"I didn't tell you to stay, did I?" I crossly answered. 

"Ok, whatever. So, Kittycat, aboout the note. Would you consider it?" He smirked, pointing to the crushed pits of paper on the ground. *The NERVE of this guy* I thought, eyes flashing with anger.

"No. I would not. I will never, in a million years, ever consider your offer. Wait, it isn't an offer. It's a ticket to hell. My life is already hard as it is, and I do NOT need you to screw it up even more. So if you would please do so, STOP TALKING TO ME." I snapped, and briskly walked past him.