Morning

Heartbeat

I should have known breakfast would be a mess. The moment I left the washroom, I could hear the argument. I wasn't irritated though. It felt surreal, having so many people in the same house, keeping the house warm, keeping it alive. I stopped by the bedroom, and chuckled when I saw Dongwoo still in dreamland. A sharp cry of "HYUNG" brought me running to the kitchen. Woohyun was shoving Sungjong off the chair, urging Sohee to sit. As usual, Sunggyu was at the fridge, with Hoya pointing things out. I walked over, and pushed my way in. I pulled out some eggs, green onions, and half an onion. 

"Sunggyu oppa, can you reach into that cupboard and grab the pancake mix?" I asked, and brought all the ingredients onto the table. I reached into a pocket, looking for a hair tie. Long slender fingers replaced mine, and tied my hair into a loose ponytail. I tilted my head up, and Sungyeol smiled softly. He draped the apron over my head.

"Deja vu?" He murmured next to my ear. I looked back at the table as he tied the apron, trying to surpress the huge smile spreading across my face. Sungjong bounded up next to me.

"What are you making, noona?" He batted his eyes at me, then at the pancake mix.

"Something new." I replied. Sungjong clapped his hands together. Sunggyu and Hoya stood next to me as I grabbed a large bowl, and dumped a large amount of pancake mix into the bowl. I filled a glass with water, and alternately poured water into the bowl as I mixed. I reached for the knife and cutting board, and chopped up the green onions before throwing them into the bowl as well. I stared at the onion laying before me. I bit my lip. I hated cutting onions. I uneasily glanced at Sunggyu, whose face was grave. He turned around.

"I suggest you all leave the room." he said gravely. Woohyun stopped his aegryo for Sohee, and stared at Sunggyu. Sunggyu pointed to the onion, and his eyes widened. 

"I'm gone." He said hastily before walking quickly out of the room. Sungjong slipped out, and Hoya cleared his throat before leaving quietly. Sungyeol grabbed my arm, and edged out of the kitchen as well. Sohee threw up her arms.

"Oh for the love of-" She grabbed the onion and the knife. She turned towards Sunggyu.

"Are you leaving, or not?" She teased. Sunggyu's eyes turned into slits at her mockery. He planted himself on a nearby chair. I watched from the living room as Sohee shrugged and started chopping the onions. Silence passed through us as the onion had no effect. However, seconds later, Sunggyu scrambled out, his eyes a red mess.

"ARGGGGG." He screamed, rubbing his eyes. Woohyun doubled over with laughter, and I heard Sungyeol chuckling lightly while shaking his head. I quickly got up.

"Don't rub it. I'll get you some ice and cold towels." I rushed into the washroom, and filled a small basin with water. Throwing a towel in there, I ran back. I froze before I got to the kitchen. It was too dangerous. 

"MY EYES!" Sunggyu hollered. I rolled my eyes, and sat down beside him on the couch. I lightly removed his hands, and lay the towel over his eyes. He relaxed, and sighed in relief. Sohee called from the kitchen.

"It's alright now. I opened the windows. Don't be chicken and get in here!" she hollered. Sunggyu groaned. Woohyun was still struggling to regain his composure, and Sungyeol pretended not to hear her. 

"Coming!" I called, and stood up, handing Sungjong the basin. In the kitchen, Sohee helped me make the pancakes, and soon, the whole house smelled of food. I walked over to Myungsoo, who was lounging on the couch, and knocked his forehead. He peered at me with half-lidded eyes.

"Can you please wake up Dongwoo oppa?" I asked.

"No way." Myungsoo snorted. I was taken aback by his finality.

"Pleaaaasseeee?" I pressed, nudging him. Finally, he gave in. He stormed into the bedroom. I heard kicking, yelling, and eventually, Dongwoo's voice. I chortled. 5 minutes later, Myungsoo re-emerged, hair tousled, looking slightly winded. Peels of laughter shook me as I handed Myungsoo a plate of pancakes. He snorted, and took the plate, retreating back to the couch. 

 

We ate heartily in the living room, conversation and laughing flowing naturally. I finished my pancakes, and brought my plate to the kitchen, followed by Dongwoo and Myungsoo. I rolled up my sleeves, and fetched the rubber gloves Jiho had gotten me. I softened when I remembered Jiho. He really didn't mean me harm. But last time..that look on Minki's face..My thoughts were disrupted when I heard the tap turning on. I looked up to see Sungyeol filling the sink with soapy water.

"Oh, I'll do it!" I said hastily, pulling on the gloves. I pushed Sungyeol to the side, and plunged my hands into the water.

"I'll rinse." Sungyeol offered. I nodded, and a loose strands of hair fell from behind my ear. Tender fingers caught the strands, and tucked them gently back. I scrubbed harder, cheeks flaring. When I handed Sungyeol a plate, he didn't take it. Instead, he reached into the sink, and took a handful of bubbles. I stepped back, eyes widening, realizing what he was doing. He grinned crookedly, and blew the bubbles in my face. Squealing, I let go of the plate, sending it clattering into the sink. Sunggyu marched in.

"What is going on?" He questioned, although I was pretty sure he knew by the bubbles in my hair, and Sungyeol's ever so amusing laughter. He rolled his eyes, and strode over. Plucking the gloves from my hands, he pulled them over his. His hands were big, so it stretched awkwardly. 

"Sungjong." Sunggyu barked. Sungjong came bounding in, but the delight faded from his eyes when he saw the sink. He tried to inch away.

"Come here and rinse." Sunggyu ordered firmly. Sungjong hung his head as he couldn't defy his eldest hyung. He trudged over, and began rinsing the plates Sungyeol failed to do. I glanced apologetically at Sungjong before sending Sungyeol a glare, and leaving the kitchen. I glanced at the lazy party on the couch.

"Get up!" I called, clapping my hands together twice. Dongwoo looked at me expectantly. A grin spread across my face.

"Cleaning time!" I called. Myungsoo sat up in disbelief. I heard Sungjong's groan from the kitchen, and giggled. I grabbed Woohyun's arm, dragging him to the closet. I handed him the vacuum. 

"You have got to be kidd-" He stopped at the sight of Sohee sending him a warning look. He took the vacuum, and started in the bedroom. Hoya took the swiffer from the closet.

"Thank you oppa. You're the only one that is willing." I sigh in gratitude. He grinned, and shook the swiffer around. My eyes landed on Myungsoo and Dongwoo still on the couch. I took the towels and threw them at their faces. Myungsoo ripped the towel off his face. His jaw was taut, but I waved it away.

"Clean the windows." I said simply. I skipped into the bedroom, where Woohyun was up the dust. I grabbed the laundry basket, and headed to the washroom to wash. When I had finished scrubbing my clothes, I brought the basket out to the back, where a small pole held a laundry line to the fence. I began hanging the clothes, pinning them down. Dongwoo and Myungsoo also appeared, grumbling as they cleaned the windows. I giggled softly to myself, realizing I had the best friends I could ever wish for.