Savior

Heartbeat

My hands were knotted together tightly, anxiously resting on my lap. I was sitting on the bus, away from the window. It made me more nervous that I already was. Sungyeol sat across from me, giving me space by not looking at me. I saw Jiho and Minki earnestly leaning towards each other, chatting endlessly, occassionally pulling Sohee into their conversations. Sungyeol's light tap on my shoulder shook me out of my thoughts. He gestured to the now empty seat beside him, that was a window seat. I gratefully scooted infront of Sungyeol, and lowered myself lightly into the seat. I began to observe the passing streets, finding odd comfort in watching people twist around the busy streets, faces all animated with purpose. 

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Sungyeol murmured. I exhaled.

"It could make it even harder." He said, worry touching his voice. I shook my head.

"No. I have to see him. I don't know what I'm going to say, but I HAVE to see the person that will save Jin Gook's life." I said slowly, realizing I really didn't have any lines prepared to say to Jin Gook's savior. 

"Do you want me there?" Sungyeol asked. I thought for a moment, and turned to face him.

"You'd understand..if I wanted to see him alone?" I said uncertainly. He reached up and lightly touched my cheek.

"Of course. I'll be waiting for you outside." He smiled. 

"YO! IT'S OUR STOP!" yelled Jiho from the front of the bus. I gritted my teeth in embarrassment as everyone swivelled out of their seats to give us glares, odd looks, and even looks of amusement. We stumbled off the bus, and Jiho led the way to a small cafe. I paused at the door. Sohee pumped her fists, and Minki smiled encouragely. I managed a small smile, and stepped into the cafe. My eyes scanned the tables, and with a slow feeling of idiocy, I realized I didn't know who I was searching for. Then, a boy stood up, and walked towards me. 

"You are, Hye Mi?" The boy asked, raising his eyebrows in question. I nodded mutely, silent terror dawning me as I realized this was the boy that would give his heart to Jin gook.

"Oh, don't look at me like that." The boy said lightly, and moved forwards to sit at a table. I followed him, and sat down uncomfortably. *No. No. No.* A small voice told me that this was cruel. How could I take a life from another boy to save Jin Gook? In sudden guilt, I opened my mouth to cancel his offer, but he raised his hand.

"I know what you are thinking. But don't. Please." He smiled again.

"My name is No Minwoo, and I'm here to save your brother." He introduced cheerfully. My mouth opened slightly in awe at his ability to smile when this was such a serious situation. 

Minwoo..are..are you sure.." I stumbled, unable to make sentences. I wanted him to save Jin Gook, but I didn't want to see a stranger I knew nothing about, sacrifice his life. Minwoo gave a slight chuckle.

"I'm as sure as I've been all my life. Jiho Hyung has been telling me about you, and your brother, and I just knew I was going to save him. I don't know what it was that propelled me to take tests and prepare me for the operation, but I want to do this." He explained, his soft eyes searching mine. I gulped.

"It feels so wrong..just..it's not like any operation..you..you can't walk away..it's just.." My voice dipped low, almost silently at the last part. I heard beautiful melodious sound, and realized he was laughing.

"Of course I know I'm not walking away from this. It must be alot to take in, having a complete stranger offer to give up his life for another. Trust me, I wonder this myself everyday. But I am determined to save Jin Gook's life, and I will do so." He grinned, and I noticed he had dimples. 

"Although, I have one favor." His smile didn't waver. 

"Anything!" I exhaled, relieved that he was asking something of me. His eyes shined.

"I want to spend time with you, and with Jin Gook." He cocked his head to side slightly, and his hair drooped adorably over his eyes. I couldn't fight the urge, and reached over, gently brushing it away from his eyes.

"I'd love to." I smiled for the first time. Minwoo clapped happily, and stood up.

"Shall we start now, noona?" He flitted to my side. I nodded, and he began to walk out of the cafe, me trailing after him. My heart ached painfully that this boy, no older than 14, was so willingly donating his heart to a boy he never met.