Heartbreak

Home

"I'm going to propose her, Jennie" 

"Oh my god! . When?!"

"Tomorrow. I already plan a dinner date with Jisoo. Wish me luck?"

"Joohyun you do not need to worry! Jisoo will accept you, trust me!" 

If only Jennie able to predict the future, she wouldn't said that to Joohyun. She regret everything she said that day because the unexpected event happen the next day.

The world sure work on its way and no one able to understand the way the world works. Even technology wouldn't able to understand the world. Seems destiny always win.

That day was like every other day. Where Joohyun will come to the office and there is Jennie her secretary. Meeting and meeting from the morning until the evening. 

Meanwhile, the young brunette wioman would always patiently wait for the young famous CEO in the office lobby. It was a normal day for both girls. 

Joohyun just finished her meeting with the shareholders. Like always she would go to her office room, signing few paperworks before she finally meet her girlfriend.

But since today is very special, she cannot hide how nervous she is. 

"Alright. You need to calm down, Joohyun. Take deep breathe and let it go"

"I can't Jennie! What if she said no?"

"Seriously? You built a house for you two and you guys already live together since college! Jisoo is head over heels for you, okay?"

"Still. Everybody can change right?"

Jennie could only smile as she walk towards her best friend who has been standing by her office window, trying to calm herself down by looking at the beautiful night view.

Yes. Joohyun office have the best view inside this building. Jennie hug the girl to give her courage. She know everyone who is about to propose to their love one would probably as nervous as Joohyun right now.

What she can do is hug her best friend and give her encouragement. She is very sure Jisoo will say yes. After all, everyone that are close with them know how much this two girls love each other.

As if they cannot live without each other in this world. 

"You will be fine, okay? Jisoo will say yes. Just be you and relax" 

"Okay. Okay. I'm ready!" 

Jennie help Joohyun to fix her outfit. Make sure she look presentable and stunning as always. When Joohyun is ready, they went to the lobby together like always.

Joohyun can't lie her heart is racing so fast everytime the number inside the elevator turn smaller and smaller. She's about to meet Kim Jisoo for like thousands time already.

But look how Kim Jisoo manage to change Bae Joohyun. 

When most people would see the bad side of Bae Joohyun, Kim Jisoo never saw it. She blind herself because Bae Joohyun is more than just cold bloody person everyone said about her.

That's what made Kim Jisoo so special for Bae Joohyun. It's been like how many years? Probably 9 years? They have been together since last year of high school.

During those years, Kim Jisoo change Bae Joohyun. She's a miracle for Joohyun. When she felt her life only bring bad luck for her because she never wanted this life, Kim Jisoo help her stay alive.

Ensuring Joohyun that one day she able to get the normal life she wanted and Joohyun always believe that. But what Joohyun never knew about Jisoo is that she always felt insecure.

Kim Jisoo didn't came from a wealthy family. She barely survive to live back during high school but she work everyday to survive. Whenever she's with Joohyun she always happy.

But knowing Joohyun's background she always thought they won't be together for so long. But she was wrong. They barely survive without each other for real.

It did not stop her from feeling insecure though. Joohyun always wanted to live a normal life with Jisoo but she knew. Joohyun will never be able to get that life.

Her life basically this. Her duty is to be the CEO of her family company and with her being so famous all around the South Korea, it would very hard for Joohyun to have the normal life she wanted.

Moreover, Jisoo always respect her parent. Unlike Joohyun, she has unfinish problem with her parent and Jisoo would always wanted Joohyun to settle the problem between her and her parent.

Only that it will be damn hard for Joohyun because of the pain she felt ever since she was little. It will always be her scars until her death.

Despite all the secret she hide from Joohyun, she would always grew fond of Joohyun everytime they see each other. Well basically they live together since Joohyun romantically built a house for both of them.

What so special about today though? Jisoo might have expect this day would come but she never thought it would be so fast. What will she answer? Honestly, she do not know. 

Like always, Joohyun came out from the elevator with Jennie stand beside her. Her heart always racing so fast when she saw Jisoo standing there in her office lobby.

It was like their first date. Joohyun remember how nervous she was back then and when she saw Jisoo with beautiful dress, ready for their first date, Joohyun cannot be anymore thankful to God for letting her meet with Kim Jisoo.

The love of her life and soon to be her fiance. 

"Hi" said Joohyun as she came approach Jisoo and give her a peck of kiss on the lips.

"Hi. How was work today?"

"Well you know Joohyun. She always working so hard" said Jennie.

"Aigoo...you need to relax, Hyun! I don't want you to get sick!" said Jisoo.

"You know I always work hard for us, right?" Jisoo just roll her eyes at how cheesy Bae Joohyun could be.

Jennie just smile.

"Anyway, I should probably go. Need to call my Lisa!"

"Right. Say hello to Lisa for me!" said Joohyun before Jennie left. 

Leaving the two love bird in the office lobby. Looking at each other with so much love. How can Kim Jisoo so beautiful with only a jean, baige vest and white long shirt beneath it?

She look so beautiful effortless. Jisoo seems to notice the sudden quiet from Joohyun since Joohyun would never stay quiet like this. She smirk knowing Joohyun is checking her out.

If people knew the real Bae Joohyun, they would be very surprise. 

"Done checking?" asked Jisoo and Joohyun bite her lower lips.

"Can't you stop checking me out? We're in your office lobby for god sake" Joohyun just grin.

"Then let's go for dinner! So I can have you for myself only"

"ert!"

 

Joohyun booked a reservation in this Korean restaurant where she used to celebrate Jisoo's birthday. Jisoo always picky when it comes to food. She would always remind Joohyun that she prefer to eat in a small restaurant.

But since Joohyun always love being romantic and since they rarely celebrate birthday in a restaurant, Joohyun decided to booked a reservation in this restaurant for Jisoo's 25 years birthday.

Surprisingly Jisoo love the food in this restaurant but Jisoo already told Joohyun they won't come here if it's not for important event. Joohyun obey to Jisoo.

Because today would be the most special event for both parties.

They order their usual menus and chit chat about work life. Sometimes they would also talk about their hobbies. Joohyun told Jisoo there will be an art exhibition coming up but Jisoo never want to come.

For her it's quiet boring and for Joohyun listening to classical music is boring. But she would do anything for Jisoo. She even let the girl own the whole speakers in their house for Jisoo only.

She would listen to classical music every night before they went to sleep. Joohyun would always go to sleep before the music end. Unlike Jisoo she would cherish and enjoy every sngle note.

When finally it's time for dessert, now is the chance  for Joohyun to ask the question. 

"Soo-ah"

"Hoh? Don't be so clingy, Hyun. I'm getting goosebumps!" said Jisoo.

But Joohyun just smile. She stare at Jisoo, mesmerizing the beauty infront of her. What would it be like to have a life together with Kim Jisoo? Have kids together. Grow old together. Explore the world together.

It will be very nice and wonderful.

"What are your thought of spending your whole life with me, Kim Jisoo?" 

Joohyun was smiling so bright hiding her nervousness inside her. Finally. She drop the bomb! It felt very relaxing but why she is scared right now? Because Jisoo didn't give her the answer as she thought she would.

How can Jisoo took so long to answer?

Because honestly...she's not ready.

What?

NOT READY? You guys might think like that but everything related to Joohyun has always been complicated. Especially for Jisoo.

Jisoo hang her head low, her eyes now looking down. Feeling very sorry towards Joohyun. 

"Jisoo"

"I'm sorry Joohyun"

The specific reason why Jisoo can't accept Joohyun's proposal is because she want Joohyun to get out from her life. The life she never wanted because Jisoo thought she won't be able to live a the wife of Bae Joohyun. 

The famous Bae Joohyun. Not that she doesn't like the attention, she's okay with all of that but she is not okay knowing she will marry a girl who can't forgive her own past and live the life she never wanted.

She want Joohyun to get out from her life but both of them knew Joohyun could never get out. She's stuck in her family company for the rest of her life. They know it but they decided to be blind for it.

Don't get Jisoo wrong everyone. She love Joohyun very much and spending her whole life with her is a dream come true. But she can't live with someone who cannot forgive her past.

Joohyun need to be free before they get marry and Jisoo knew Joohyun unable to do that. She want Joohyun to start over with Jisoo once they got married.

people who said she took advantage of Joohyun's wealth. Joohyun knew she would never do that. But the point is that Jisoo didn't give a of what people said about her.

What she care the most is the unheal scars Joohyun have inside her heart. She need to heal those scars because it seems impossible for Jisoo to marry Joohyun when the girl she's going to marry couldn't even handle a five minute talk with her own mother.

She want Joohyun to respect her own mother just like her.

"I can't Joohyun. I can't be your wife" 

"Jisoo"

"We both know the fame you have, the glamor you have, you will always have those. The normal life you wanted it was all gone and you can't accept it. I can't, Joohyun. I can't marry you knowing you stuck with your own life"

Joohyun can feel she's on the edge of crying. They were fine before but why it has to come to this? Jisoo. Why is she acting like this? She never been like this before.

What did Joohyun do not know about Jisoo? Her real thought about Joohyun.

"I-is this about me not respecting my own mother? Jisoo. I can do that. But give me time"

"We both know you can't"

"Jisoo don't make this as your excuse, please"

"I'm serious, Joohyun. If you want to marry me, you need to forgive your past. Forgive your father" 

Joohyun want to argue more. She is ready to open but nothing came out from it. When it's about Bae Joohyun, Kim Jennie and Kim Jisoo are the only two person that would always be right about her.

For them, Joohyun is like an open book. Easy to read. Easy to close. Easy to open. It to have someone who knows you well better than yourself. 

Jisoo knew Joohyun could never forgive her own parent. After what they did to her life. Her unwanted life of being born in a weathly family that use her for fame and business.

She never asked for this life and yet it become the reason why she can't live forever with the love of her life. Seems like Jennie was wrong. Her nightmare become real.

"Jisoo please. Let me try okay?"

"You have years to try, Joohyun. But why can't you do that?"

"I...I"

"I want you to be free, Joohyun. Will you able to give yourself that? Will you able to leave the company behind? Will you able to forgive your own parent?"

"Jisoo" Joohyun called her hoping Jisoo will stop but she didn't.

"We've been together for so long yet you never try to forgive them, Hyun" 

"You know I need more time"

Jisoo sigh. Despite how hurt she is, she can't accept Joohyun answer. She know how hard Joohyun's life is but even her life also hard and she can forgive her parent. For not being wealthy.

Then why Joohyun can't? She always tried to remind Joohyun. Always remind her to respect her own mother. But without her, she will show no respect at all.

Jisoo want Joohyun to free herself from the past and free herself from her own mother. The reason for the scars in her heart.

"Then you get my answer" said Jisoo before she left. 

It was Joohyun first ever heartbreak and the reason of her heartbreak again it's because of her life. The person to blame for it is herself and her mother. For letting her control her life even until now.

Realize Jisoo isn't in front of her again, Joohyun quickly get out from the restaurant and chase over Jisoo. She can't let Jisoo go. Not now. Not when she's the reason she willing to change. All Joohyun need is time.

She just need more time.

 

When Seulgi said dealing with Miss Bae really is complicated she mean it. Every single word she mean it. She did not expect Miss Bae would slap her with the ugly truth right on her face.

But perhaps that's what rich people do when they are very sincere with their own feeling. They slap you with the whole truth about their feeling they've been hiding.

They hide it perfectly without anybody notice it. Even believe all the act they did was real. Only to know it was all fake. . 

What does it feel anyway? ing hurt. It will be a lot easier if you don't fall inlove with that person. Especially when that person is crazy rich! 

But what else Seulgi can do? She fall. She had fall for Miss Bae. The ing devil that ruin her life! Her first heartbreak. So this is what it feels like when people hurt you.

Perhaps dealing with heartbreak is never gonna easy. Especially knowing the person who break your heart is your own boss. The young woman who is able to keep her face straight.

Acting like nothing happened between them before and it feel so because Seulgi need to act the same way when basically she's not good at it. 

Like always she would wait for Miss Bae to arrive at the office early in the morning. What Joy said when she knew what happened? Just like she had predicted.

But Joy didn't say anything else. She was just...worried for Seulgi because this will be her first heart break. Knowing how naive Seulgi is, she might be very hurting right now.

Nevertheless, Seulgi have to grow up. This is life and love would always come in everyone life. This will be Seulgi first love story. How sad knowing that even before she start, the woman she love already push her away.

What does Seulgi feel about it? Very . It felt like her heart breaking into pieces. And she is never good at acting. But Miss Bae is very good at it.

There she is. Getting out from her luxurious car wearing her work outfit as usual. With her straight face she come in to the building, employees who saw her quickly bow to her. To show respect to their CEO.

When usually Seulgi would have her heart racing so fast because of the beauty infront of her, right now all she could feel was her heart racing because she is angry.

Angry, nervous, and sad. Somehow those feeling mix together and she do not understand what kind of feeling she feel right now. Ironic isn't it? She barely understand herself and so she barely understand Miss Bae.

But does Seulgi still love her? Does Seulgi still love Miss Bae? Yes she does.

Only the pain in her heart seems to be so vivid that she can't even greet Miss Bae like she always do. Rather than greeting Miss Bae, she follow Miss Bae to the elevator.

Should Irene be surprise to see Seulgi still come to the office after she literally hurt her yesterday? No. Because she knew how important the job is for Seulgi.

What surprise her more is that the girl didn't even greet her the usual 'good mornig' with her gummy smile. Well, what do you expect, Irene? You hurt her yesterday.

Basically, Irene and Seulgi are hurting each other. Irene hurt Seulgi and Irene hurt herself too. Seulgi also hurt herself by coming to the office today when obviously she knew how much her heart can't stand seeing Miss Bae beautiful acting.

As they get inside the elevator, all Seulgi can do was stay quiet. She forgot that she need to read Miss Bae schedule. Until Miss Bae speak,

"What's my schedule today?" asked Irene.

Everybody who heard that might have goosebump all over their body because of the coldness behind the CEO tone. Just how fast the night changes right?

Just few days ago they were laughing together and they spent dinner together. She didn't know it would only takes ten minute to end all the things they did few days ago.

Ten minute to end the things between them before. Just ten minute to make them to this state. Back to the first place where they know each other for the first time. 

"Uhm...at 9am you will have a meeting with..."

It just hurt to see both person hurting each other like this and so she feel the need to do something. At least she had to do something for the sake of her own best friend, Seulgi.

And so she did what she have to do. She search the name she was searching for and dial the number. Even when her assumption do not have the prove, perhaps talking to this girl will prove her assumption is right.

Everything about Miss Bae always related to her family and to Jisoo-sshi. So it's not that hard to connect all the dot only that she need someone to prove her theories are right.

"Joy-sshi?"

"Hi, Wendy-sshi. Can we meet up? I need to talk something about Miss Bae"