Disaster and Opportunity

Home

Where would it be? A place where Joohyun could live happily ever after? Where would it be? Probably burried along with her girlfriend. Meanwhile, Kim Jennie knows a place for her to be happy. Even if it just for awhile.

Kim Jennie is a girl who knows how to control her. When she lost her way, Kim Jennie was there to pick up the last remaining pieces of hers. Making her become the Bae Joohyun everyone knows. 

A rich, cold, beautiful young woman sitting in her office trying her best not to cry which is working actually. It’s not like she never done that. Acting all strong while her heart sank and broke into pieces. Crawling inside to pick up all the broken pieces of her heart. Only to realize, she need someone to help her picking up those remaining pieces. And she always depend herself on Jennie for it. 

Kim Jennie always there for her since the beginning. What will her life be without Kim Jennie in it? Something worse might happen and she cannot let that girl go. She can’t when she depend her life on that girl very much. 

Sitting here in her office, staring blankly at the resignation later that has been on ber desk since three days ago. Of course she lied to Jennie. That letter had always been on her desk but she hides it under the mountain of paperworks she have to read and sign. 

Before this happen, she had predicted. One day, Jennie will come up to her with this resignation letter. She always knew one day Jennie will do that. But she never realize it will happen very soon. Or more like she wish it never happen. Like she said before. Her life depend on Jennie a lot. The cost of losing her is everything. 

What will her life be without Kim Jennie in it? She never want to know and imagine. Because she always thought Jennie will give lot of contribution in her life. Probably until death come and picks her up. But she was wrong. Kim Jennie stop in the middle.

Should she accept it? She knows wherher she accept it or not, Kim Jennie will be gone. Joohyun had seen those eyes before. Full with love, adventure, and impatient. Something that Joohyun had before. Is it fair for Jennie? All this time she has been with her but she knows Jennie never have the life she wanted. To be with Lisa in the other side of the world. Exploring new things, new places, and new experiences. Joohyun had taken those away without she asked. Because Kim Jennie knew, Joohyun wouldn’t survive just a minute without her.

Would it be fair for Jennie? No. Of course not. Kim Jennie beg the same thing that someone asked her long time ago. But here she is. Hesitating whether she should accept it or ignore it. It won’t be fair for both parties. For Jennie. For her late girlfriend. 

Both of them want the same thing. But why Joohyun couldn’t accept it? Because maybe she envy them. For having the chance to live a normal life A life that Bae Joohyun could never have. Something that she should have give it to someone long time ago. Yet here she is. Struggling with the same decision. Groaning in frustration, Joohyun knew she have to do this. She must accept Jennie resignation letter. It’s for her best friend happiness and for her to return Jennie’s royalty. 

With heavy heart and a lot of thought, Joohyun finally make her decision. She grab the phone and call Jennie in. She never thought she would accept this.

A soft knock on the door telling someone is about to go in, Joohyun tell the girl to come in. Walking to Joohyun’s desk, Jennie have her face in control. 

“I accept your resignation letter but in one condition. You must find me a new secretary. That represent you in every ways. She can do her work properly just like you. She can handle me and control me like you do. Before you find the right person, you cannot leave. That will be the last thing I ask you to do” 

Jennie with her gummy smile on her face shows how happy she is and grateful. She doesn’t care about the condition Joohyun asked her. For her it’s an easy task. She thought she should celebrates it with Lisa and Rose later. Joohyun would probably decline her offer because today she have to see her mother and her sister who got back from Canada.

“Thank you, Joohyun. For accepting my resignation letter. I will find the perfect person to fill my position” 

Joohyun didn’t say anything and tell Jennie to leave but before that Jennie remind her that she need to pick her mother and her sister in the airport tonight. Which became another disaster for Joohyun. But for now, she need to focus on the pre launching event later. 

 

"You what?!" 

"Should I say it again? Look I don't want to make myself look even more pity than it already has" 

"Unnie! That work is your life! Also what about your mother's legacy?"

"It's gone, Yeri. It's gone, okay? It should have been burried along with my mother! Instead she let me suffer with her legacy" 

Seulgi sound very pessimistic. A very rare thing for Yeri to witness because her whole life knowing Kang Seulgi, she never see her being so pessimistic. Maybe it's because they don't live together or Seulgi never wanted the young girl to know about it.

Joy always there watching Seulgi broken everyday, everynight, everysecond. She was trying to be positive to Yeri because she doesn't want to let the young girl down. She doesn't want her to become like her...She want to motivate the girl to become even better than her. She want to become her role model. 

Yet here she is. Showing the young girl her trueself. Pessimistic instead of optimistic. But what would Seulgi do? Lying to herself that everything will be alright? That's a move.

Because both her best friends and herself knew this is a disaster for her. Art was everything she ever did after her mother's death. Something that her mother wish she could be so skillful and gain success with it.

But apparently, Kang Seulg isn't like her mother. She is not that optimistic girl and a girl that full of curiousity and passion. She is not that person anymore. All of that had been taken away from her long time ago.

And here she is. Finally at the of her life where she is a unemployee. Life is cruel. 

"Okay. So, what are you going to do now, unnie?" 

That is what Seulgi is thinking right now. What is she going to do? Art definetly not the perfect answer for now. Apparently the thing that her mother wish could make her become very successful yet is the reason behind her failure. 

So, art is not the perfect answer for now. The answer to Yeri's question remain unspoken and it float in the air with no answer. 

Kim Yerim is a college student. She met Kang Seulgi during their college time while Joy has always been Seulgi's best friend since they were ten years old. College is where Kang Seulgi and Park Sooyoung met Kim Yerim. 

But in the middle of their studies, Kang Seulgi decided to withdraw from college and went to art school just like her what her mother want her to. Seulgi left Joy and Yeri in college but they graduated right at the same time.

After Yeri graduated, she work in the US for awhile until she decided to come back and persue her dream for master degree in business. Yes she is the smartest among the three of them.

Kim Yerim is a year younger than them yet she got herself at the same level as them due to her amazing grades during high school. So she can skip one level and that is why she managed to be in the same level with Joy and Seulgi. 

Seulgi envy both her best friends. They have a very good and nice life. Something that she had before and was taken away by her mother craziness. Seems like her mother crazy wish only resulted failure for Seulgi.

Why? Why would Seulgi granted her mother's wish when she knew she can't do it? It was because her mother. Her mother last wish. She was diagnosed with lung cancer and when the found out, it was too late for both of them.

Since they live without a father and a hushband, her mother is their only source for money. Yet she can't afford for her medication fee since it cost them too much. Also how her mother was so stubborn that she insisted Seulgi went to art school instead of a normal college, make it even harder for her mother to afford her own medication.

So, sneaking behind Seulgi, she borrowed big amount of money without thinking how she could return all of that. Seulgi didn't know until her mother was confirm dead. She was desperate of course.

She went to art school because of her mother and there is no way she would withdraw herself and went back to the college. She was in her last year and about to graduate. Also where she could find money to afford her, going to college? 

Moreover, with the sudden news that her mother left her with big amount of debt making it even more hard for her to stay alive even for a day. She have to find money at all cost. Selling many kind of things. Anything that could give her money. Until one day, she found out that her mother had been working in this small art company. Something her mother has been hiding it when she was alive and Seulgi never knew about it.

They didn't give big money but it was enough to pay her mother's debt by installment. Also the employees their admired her mother's artwork. But she wasn't her mother. Her art is abstract and...has no soul. Her soul was taken and burried along her mother's.

Her mother took away all of her happiness. The only source for her to paint and make arts. But since everyone in that small company including their boss know her mother, they decided to hire her out of pity. 

Seulgi knew that but she didn't complain. At least she got salaries to cover all the debt and at least she can eat one bread a day, it's okay for her. Until years and years, she finally get her weight lifted little by little, another disaster came.

This. This sudden news. She just need three more month to finally finish all her mother's debt but then this happened. The money she owns cannot cover the last remaining amount of debt. Where can she get the remain amount of money to cover those debt?

Arriving at her and Joy's apartment, Yeri slow down and park right infront of the building. She grabbed a plastic from the backseat and give it to Seulgi. The older girl looked at her confusely.

"I bought you food. For you to eat tonight. I heard Joy unnie is busy in the office so she probably can't buy you food. I'm sorry I can't acompany you. I need to finish my thesis since the due date is tomorrow" 

Yeri didn't live with them. She live with her parent since she's the only child and of course her parent would be very worried for their only child to live alone. 

Seulgi sigh. She never want to make her best friend worried about her. She can take care of herself. What she mean by taking care of herself is not what you guys would imagine. Kim Yerim and Joy wouldn't want to imagine it at all.

Since she too lazy and tired to argue with Yeri, she thanked her and got out from the car with the box. Bide goodbye to Yeri before going to her small apartment.

Putting everything on the floor as soon as she got herself in to the apartment, she lazily took of her shoes and socks. She didn't even bother to eat the food Yeri gave her.

She doesn't want to eat. Doesn't have the appetite. How can she eat when she knew her life is ruin? That the world is challenging her and now she need to think hard on how to survive.

Something she wish she doesn't need to think and worried about. But she knew she can't never run away from it forever. So, what is she going to do next? 

She doesn't know either. 

It will be alot easier for Joy to be present right here, right now. Because apparently her annoying best friend has always have one brilliant idea. But since Joy isn't here, she gave up.

Letting her tired body took her away from life and drown her into dreamland.

Only to wake up the next day with a sudden big news and probably a very good opportunity. But the problems are, she doesn't know how to be a secretary and if she fit with the role and more importantly if she can fit in with the environment. Environment that is completely different from hers.

"So, Miss Jennie is going to resign and apparently Miss Bae need new secretary. So I told Miss Jennie that I have the perfect person to fill her position. And she told me she want to meet with the person today. How about you clean yourself up, dress up fomally, and I'll wait for you until you are ready? Then we go to my place and introduce you to Miss Jennie?"