New Side

Home

As she expected. The food is great! The other guests also seem to enjoy the food being served. As expected. Lisa and Jennie picked the perfect wedding food. 

Irene and Seulgi enjoy every bit of the party. Irene herself quiet surprised to see her best friend, Jennie, dancing with Lisa. She never seen her dancing before and she should say Jennie dance pretty well. 

Some of the guests teased Jennie for dancing because well everyone knows she never dance before and they only know that Lisa the one who dance. But overall she received good respond for her dancing. 

Now, the wedding organizer allow all of the guests who want to dance can dance too along with the brides. Some of the guests don't hesitate and dancing along with the music too.

But Seulgi and Irene decided to stand at the side of the venue, enjoying their food since the food is great! Also, Seulgi kind a realize Irene look kind a uncomfortable with the party. Maybe because she doesn't know much people there.

Business woman should be able to make relationship with everyone. Since this is not business party, Irene doesn't really know what to do. She can't talk about business in this kind of party. It's not ethical.

Also she want to appreciate Jennie and Lisa's wedding. That is why she prefer to stand on the side. Not really want to talk with anybody because she's afraid if she will talk about business and can't stop herself from that.

Other reason why she prefer to stand on the side because she doesn't want Jennie to call her name once she see her and ask her to dance. She can't dance and that will be the last thing she would do.

Perhaps that's the main reason why she doesn't want to stand in the center. 

Even when she hate crowds, she thought this is a good moment for her to cherish together with Joohyun. After all, this will be the beginning of their new life. 

Maybe dance will be a good idea? Or not? Seulgi doesn't know but she should try right? As she put her glass on the table, she offer her hand to Joohyun who look very confuse and startled.

"Can I have the honor, Miss Bae?" asked Seulgi with her eyes glimmering with happiness yet somehow she is very nervous right now. 

Should Irene be honest? That the reason why she stand on the side is because she really don't want to dance. Particularly because she can't dance and doesn't want people to stare at her and perhaps Seulgi too since they grab the attention awhile ago.

But how can she resist the eyes Seulgi gave her? Those eyes show high hope and expectation from her. She wouldn't want to ruin it. Maybe if they are still in the past, Irene would decline her offer.

Now she's in the future. The new Bae Irene and Bae Joohyun. So...she should be selfless. Irene knew how Seulgi had been very selfless back in the past. 

Right now, it's her turn to do the favor. She gladly accept Seulgi's hand even when she felt unsure with herself. This is the kind of situation where she felt the least confidence. 

Seulgi soon drag her to the dance floor and some of the people cheering for them. But for Seulgi those voice are indistinctly. She barely hear what they cheered about.

Her main focus is right infront of her. Miss Bae. Bae Irene. Bae Joohyun. Her first love. Her crush. Her Angel. 

Once they stand on the dance floor, they adjust with each other, positioning themselve in a comfortable position. Which end up with Seulgi's hand wrapped around Irene's waist and Irene's hand wrapped around her neck. 

At first it's quiet awkward considering this is their second time being this close. They can't even share glances to each other because of how nervous both of them are. 

But they broke the awkwardness when Irene suddenly step on Seulgi's feet which made the young woman yelled quietly. It's enough for Irene to notice she made the wrong step.

"Oh my god, Seulgi! I'm sorry. Did it hurt bad?" asked Irene looking so concern and about to let go her hands around Seulgi's neck but Seulgi held onto her hands.

Not wanting Irene to let go of her hands. Of course Irene startled because of how close they are but somehow the way Seulgi smile at her and her eyes staring at her really comforting her.

"I'm okay. It doesn't hurt much" said Seulgi ensuring Irene.

"A-are you sure?" asked Irene as she curse herself for stuttering. Seulgi chuckle. 

"Yes" 

Seulgi need to get use to Irene being so concern at her and being so selfless right infront of her. New version of Miss Bae really nice but odd at the same time. Well, she's changing to become better, right?

"Alright" said Irene softly.

Seulgi smile at her. But there is one question she really want to ask. This might sound impossible but...

"Can you dance, Joohyun?" asked Seulgi. 

That question was supposed to be kept for herself but she can't help it after Joohyun step her foot on hers. Looks like she never dance before. But seriously?

She enver dance before with Jisoo-sshi? 

Alright. She's being too obvious right now. Honestly, she dance before with Jisoo in the past. But even Jisoo told her how bad she is at dancing. At the end they gave up and proceed on doing something else.

Since then, she never dance. Of course Seulgi notice how bad she is at dancing. She literally step her foot on Seulgi's!

"Uhm...dancing...isn't really my...forte, Seulgi" said Irene shyly. 

Somehow, Seulgi found Irene look very cute right now. Being so shy is not really Irene's forte. Never once Seulgi saw Irene being all so shy and embarassed back in the days.

Getting the front row to witness the changes on Miss Bae is really amazing and worth the front row. She would like to see more closer.

"You know, you can just sway. Just sway" said Seulgi. Seems like Irene got the idea on what Seulgi were saying and she decided to play along. After all that movie is her favorite movie from DC.

"We can do better than just sway. You guys don't know what dancing is" said Irene.

"What? You came from Themyscira too?" asked Seulgi acting so surprise and Irene giggled.

"Where do you think I came from?" Seulgi shrugged and act like she's thinking so hard.

"If you really came from Themyscira then they really produce pretty womans there" said Seulgi teasing Irene which made Irene hit her shoulder hard.

Seulgi laugh upon seeing how red Irene's cheek are and teasing Irene really fun because of how she react. She always been sincere with her reaction and it make Seulgi love to even more.

Perhaps this is what people say when someone is deeply inlove with someone else. At first, Seulgi found it very weird. The fact that even after months not seeing each other, her feeling for Miss Bae will always remain the same.

Her heart would always beat faster. Her eyes would stare at her lovingly. Her feeling would always in a good mood, positive vibes, and blooming. The fact that all Miss Bae need is time, sure the wait is worth it.

Because now she get to see different side of Miss Bae. Calm, happy, and more relax than before. It just make her want to forget everything Miss Bae did to her in the past. 

Like how much Miss Bae had hurt her. Pushed her away when she offered her help. The new Miss Bae make her want to forget all of that. She do realize she will need time just like Miss Bae said to her.

Start slowly. We're not rushing things between us. Fact that both party like each other and have feeling for each other are enough. But to actually put label on them...it might be too fast. 

For now it's good to start slowly. To figure out what they really want with each other and just be comfortable with each other will need a lot of practice. That's what they are doing right now.

Being comfortable in each other embrace, touch, stare, jokes, and smile. Yes. This is enough for Seulgi and she's very open to whatever the future will lead us. 

All she want to do right now is getting comfortable with Miss Bae and perhaps Miss Bae also want that too. After all, say this is will be Miss Bae second time seeing someone after Jisoo-sshi death. 

This is also her first time loving someone. So both of them start from the beginning together. That's good to know. Even if this is Miss Bae second time seeing someone else other than Kim Jisoo, this still counted as a fresh start from Miss Bae.

Of course she will need to adjust with those old feeling that might bring back the past and trigger her memories at some point. The question is...Does Miss Bae has find her way to deal with it?

"Can I ask you something, Mis- Joohyun?" asked Seulgi.

Irene chuckle when she found Seulgi still having a hard time calling her by her real name. Despite now she's a famous artist, she still not use with her new status and place. 

She find it cute actually.

"Of course" said Irene. 

Well it's not Seulgi if her face didn't show any sign of hesitation. She always been so easy for Irene to read. A readable person. It's easy for Irene to read Seulgi when she's anxious, hesitate. In the past Seulgi always looked like she's fighting with herself.

And she realize it was always because Seulgi is a selfless person. Even after months of not seeing each other, Seulgi still remain selfless. Her selfishness doesn't stay too long.

"You can ask me anything, Seulgi. No need to be scared" said Irene assuring Seulgi. 

Honestly, Seulgi thinking hard whether she should ask this or not because she doesn't want Irene to be triggered even when she know Irene has seek for professional help. But still sometime you need time to become better.

But since Irene keep staring at her sincerely, maybe she should ask this to her. For the sake of herself because maybe if she know the answer, she will also try to help Irene with her struggle.

"Do...do you...still think about Jisoo-sshi?" 

Seulgi feel the need to confirm it twice after last night. Why? Because she still afraid? That maybe one day Irene will leave her again. Push her away like she did in the past.

How do Irene respond to this? She know Seulgi want to confirm it twice because she want to be sure if this is real. Irene hurt her a lot in the past and there is nothing wrong with Seulgi doubting her right now. 

Does Irene still see Jisoo? No. Does Irene miss Jisoo? Yes. Does Irene still think about her everyday? Yes. Does Irene still regret the past? Yes. So? Does it mean Irene feeling to Seulgi is just...a cover?

A cover to what? A cover that she moved on and blabla. No. Her feeling for Seulgi is true. Damn true. Listen to what she need to say next. 

"Yes, I do" said Irene without hesitation in her eyes. 

Disappointed? Of course. Seems like Miss Bae remain the same. Always been honest with her thought and feeling. Never think of other people feeling. 

To be honest, Seulgi was about to let her hands go from Irene's waist and just wanting to left the venue when hands holding hers tightly. 

She notice those hand belongs to Irene. Somehow she didn't force herself to let go but she felt her heart even it hurt she found comfort inside Miss Bae hands. 

Weird right? Despite knowing Miss Bae still able to give comfort to her in this kind of situation. Exchanging glance, Seulgi again didn't see any hesitation or regret. 

Wow. Miss Bae still as bold as she is. Perhaps she was born with it.

"But...everything about Jisoo...remains in the past because right now I see my present and my future...with you...Kang Seulgi" 

Again she thought she was dreaming. Well, it's not usual for Seulgi to hear this kind of answer from Irene herself. 

Very smooth, romantic at the same time too. Seulgi wondering if the young woman infront of her is the real Bae Irene she know in the past or this is the new Bae Irene a.k.a Bae Joohyun? 

Or the statement should be 'This is Bae Joohyun speaking...not Bae Irene'. Maybe that' would be the appropriate statement to state this situation.

Honestly, Seulgi should say the truth right now. The truth is that her heart flutter. Irene does have her own way to make her heart flutter and making her cheek go red like tomato right now.

So...Irene see the possibility of having her future with Seulgi? That's...quiet...shocking...and...cheesy. But Seulgi have to say she like it. She like this new side of Irene.

Now that Irene had confirm it twice, Seulgi have no other reason to doubt Irene. All she need to do right now is focus in the present and perhaps there will be a possibility for them to be together in the future. 

Seulgi just need to maintain her love for Irene and it goes the same way with Irene. Seulgi herself also need to make extra effort to keep Irene by her side and her feeling towards Seulgi. 

How? Perhaps, Irene have the answer to this.

But before she could go on with that, Seulgi feel the need to do intimate move. No. She doesn't care with what people say about them, the staring, the hug. Yes. Seulgi initiate the hug.

Of course Irene surprise with the sudden intimate action. But nevertheless, somehow, she felt comfortable in Seulgi's hug. Feel the warm wrapped perfectly around her.

She smile inside Seulgi hug and also have her hand wrapped perfectly around Seulgi's shoulder. 

"I look forward to the future, Joohyun" said Seulgi. 

"Me too, Seulgi. Perhaps we can begin with you as the start" said Irene. 

Seulgi let go of the hug and stare at Irene. Start from her? What does she mean by that? Irene notice the confusion on Seulgi's face. 

This is what she learn from dating Kim Jisoo in the past and even after she left, Kim Jisoo still teach her about life, about love, about friendship. Irene doesn't want to make the same mistake again.

Here she is trying to fix her action which she learn from her experienced. Thank you, Kim Jisoo.

"I learn from my past that...if we want us to work we need to know what each other wants and what we can do to help each other. Being open with each other and just...appreciate each other help and effort. Because honestly, Seulgi. I want us to work" said Irene.

Perhaps it's not the kiss anymore that fascinate her. This is what really fascinate her. Seulgi couldn't believe what her ears heard. That the Bae Irene she knew....now she know her as Bae Joohyun...

The girl who used to hurt her but despite all the hurting she did to her, she still amaze her with every action she did. It make Seulgi love her even more and thankful that God let them meet.

Maybe this is all because Kim Jisoo. Yet again all thanks to Kim Jisoo. If only she get to meet Kim Jisoo, she will say thank you and really want to get to know her.

From what she heard about Kim Jisoo from Irene, she seems like a very good person and Seulgi would be honor to meet her. But for now all she can do is thankful and pray to God.

Saying she's very thankful and bless to meet someone like Bae Joohyun. A woman who stick with her own words, a strong woman, and a cheesy woman. But she love cheesy. Perhaps because this is her first time loving someone so deep.

Just the same as Irene, Seulgi want them to work. And it's true. To achieve their goals, first thing to do before officially become new couple, is of course getting know each other.

Fair enough actually. All Bae Joohyun know is that Seulgi used to be an artist and she used to have lot of debts. That's all. She know nothing about her personal life before that and about her mother.

Seulgi is a selfish person. Always put Irene first as her priority. Now that Irene beg to know her, let her be selfless for once and want to give Seulgi her time to listen to Seulgi's stories, it's really an honor for Seulgi.

Bae Irene's time is precious and important. Not many people get the honor to meet her and spend time to talk to her unless it is very important. Seulgi would consider her topic very crucial and important.

And Bae Joohyun said to her that she willing to spend her time to listen to whatever she's going to tell her because again...Bae Joohyun love her and want them to work

Just the thought that one day, she get the chance to kneel down on the ground and ask Irene the most golden question, makes her smiling at herself. Looking like an idiot. But it doesn't matter. As long as she's happy...and Bae Joohyun is happy...that's all what matter.

"I want us to work too, Miss Bae. So, what are your suggestion?" asked Seulgi with a smirk on her face. 

Irene smile as she acted like she's thinking but actually she already know the answer to Seulgi question. 

"I suggest we get out of here and I take you somewhere. A hidden gem in New York" Seulgi smile.

"I like that idea"

 

A little cheesy and slow event for Seulrene? Perhaps a little relax chapter would be nice , right? Don't worry. No more storms. Just cheesy and romantic and jealous Seulrene, perhaps. Enjoy.