Trust

Home

As the sun rise up, the living room start to fill with sunlight coming in. Making the whole room become so bright. The young CEO yet again slept in the couch after drinking the whole bottle of red wine.

She was damn drunk and waking up seems very impossible for her. But she try her best to open her eyes. Try her best to adjust with the sunlight only to be surprise yet again with the view infront of her.

There a girl sitting comfortably across her. Staring at her directly with eyes full of concern. Wait. What time is it? She usually wake up very fast and sometimes Seulgi haven't even wake up yet.

But considering her secretary is sitting very comfortably across her with fresh face looks like she already washed her face. Seems like she woke up a bit late.

She need to go to work. Can she? Irene is not quiet sure actually. 

"Good morning" said Seulgi.

"Morning" said Irene.

She try to bring herself up from the couch and to just simply sit on the couch. But it seems she unable to do that because she still having a hangover. It's been years since the last time she drank.

Of course last night was damn stupid but somehow she need to get drunk last night. 

Notice Miss Bae is struggling with herself, Seulgi rush towards Miss Bae, kneeling infront of her and gently push her back to the couch. A sudden reflect by Seulgi and to be honest, Irene quiet surprise with the sudden physical contact.

She does not mind at all but weird how the gently and soft touch from Seulgi bring shiver through her spine. A very odd reaction yet somehow very familiar to her. 

"Please rest, Miss Bae. I already cancel your meeting for today and postpone it until you are sober enough to work" said Seulgi.

Should Irene be mad at her? No. Because rest is what she need right now. She cannot go to work with her still having hangover. It won't be professional.

Irene did what her secretary told her and close her eyes again. Not sleeping. She just need to close her eyes for a moment. But you do know the feeling when someone staring at you right?

It makes Irene open her eyes again only to meet beautiful pair of monolid eyes. Somehow her heart racing so fast than usual and she could feel burn on her cheeks.

They are so ing close yet Irene did not mind. With the distance between them, Irene get the chance to look closer at the beautful girl. How can Seulgi be so beautiful? But why she always lack of confident?

She should embrace whatever she have. Including painting. Talking about paiting, Irene would love to see her painting. 

Wait. You guys might think Miss Bae is still drunk right? No. She is not. She is fully aware of her surrounding and maybe she still slightly have hangover but this thought is her unspoken thought.

The truth of what she thought about Seulgi and she never talk about it before because...maybe she is sober enough? Or she is afraid? Maybe. But why now? Perhaps she need Seulgi more than she thought. 

Watching at the young CEO infront of her just make her remember what happened last night. Asking questions Seulgi did not know the answer to it. But one thing she know is that she can be the person Miss Bae call when she is lonely.

"Miss Bae" call Seulgi.

But instead of answering, Irene just stare at Seulgi. She could not have enough of the beauty infront of her and her head still quiet heavy. Perhaps she really need to rest.

"Let me take care of you, Miss bae" said Seulgi suddenly.

Of course even Irene who still have small hangover, she still sober enough to hear that. 

"What?" asked Irene.

"Let me take care of you" said Seulgi once again. 

Did Irene heard it right? Did her new secretary just offer herself to her? No one ever say that to her. No. Cross that. No one ever say that to her beside Kim Jisoo.

So...what came to Seulgi mind that make her think she is trustful enough? What came to Seulgi mind that make her think Irene would want her to take care of her?

Seulgi was actually expecting that reaction from Miss Bae. She was unsure if she allow to say that but nevertheless she can't have her heart sank everytime she see Miss Bae.

What she said might sound weird and weak but she is sincere. Brave and crazy for her to say this but if this what it takes to make Miss Bae happy than she will. She will try even the possibility is small...she will give it a try.

“I know I have nothing to offer. I’m not rich. I’m not smart. But one thing I can give to you”

It wasn’t the first time Irene felt her heart beating so fast for her new sceretary. Plenty of times it happen. And she is never gonna use with the new feeling. No. Cross that. It wasn’t new at all. It was rather an odd feeling. A very familiar feeling that been burried years ago. 

She will never get use to the new feeling because she burried it along with Jisoo long time ago even when it's very familiar for her. It just...weird that you get to feel that kind of feeling long time ago.

Thought she never going to feel it but in fact she just did. Does it scares her? Weirdly...no.

“Time. I can give you my time. When you’re hungry you can call me. When you’re alone I can come to your house and accompany you. When you’re sad I can sit by your side and listen to you. I’m not doing anything. I’m just simply there for you and give you my time and hopefully one day my name will be the one you called during your sleep” said Seulgi.

Why? Why would Seulgi do that for Miss Bae? Because she ing inlove with her and it hurt her everytime she see Miss Bae hurt because of her past.

Time. She can give Miss Bae time. Time to take care of her, be there for her when she need her, and just listen to whatever her stories is.

She sacrifice her time for Miss Bae again and again. Looks like she stuck with Miss Bae and she curse Joy for making her work here. But it’s alright because she love Miss Bae and she would give everything to heal Miss Bae broken heart.

If it wasn’t because of Joy, she wouldn’t know that the young woman she thought is strong truthfully she is a very fragile young woman.

Honestly, Irene is use to be alone. But sometimes it would be very lonely for her inside a house that was built for her and her late girlfriend. A house that should be theirs. Somehow she get that loneliness but she use to it. When she feel that she would avoid it until Seulgi came in.

In the past, she still have Jennie and Lisa. They both would come over to her place every weekend until Lisa got a job which requires her to fly back and forth from Korea to Thailand. Then Jennie rarely came visit.

Because Jennie would spent the whole weekend with Lisa all by themselve. Sure Irene would not want to share the details because just so you know they are very .

And so in the past, she would clean up her room, watching tv, and sometimes she would visit the cemetery. To talk to her late girlfriend. That’s her way of killing the time for days she doesn’t have work to do during weekends.

She is used to be alone. Not even care how lonely she is in that big house which were built for her and Jisoo. A house which were left behind by the person who should have receive it for their wedding present and enjoy the cozy together with Irene. 

But an accident happened. Leaving the house only for herself with still tracks of her late girlfriend. The small cabinet in the backyard it belongs to Jisoo. The classical music it belongs to Jisoo. 

Inside this house, if you look at it details you would see the difference preferences share in one room. The living room for example. There is an old radio and a LP player. Only plays classical music. Then there is paintings hung up around the living room. Those painting belongs to Irene and the classical music belongs to Jisoo.

Both of them had slept here together. Even decorate them together. They live here together and share their memories here. Jisoo left her tracks inside this house. And when she's gone, the loneliness almost took her life away.

If it wasn't Jennie who found her, she would have not be here. After that, she force herself to get used with the lonely feeling. 

Then Seulgi came in to her life. Those feeling of loneliness starts to rise up during the night. 

Without Seulgi presence...somehow she felt so lonely when she never felt that before. She is used to eat breakfast and dinner alone. She is used to drink alone. She is used to ease her mind alone.

Suddenly a monolid beautiful girl came to her life. Changing all the usual feeling of being alone. Making it so hard for her to resist her presence. Kang Seulgi make her less lonely. Her presence become so meaningful.

Waking up in the morning all alone is her routines everyday. But waking up with somebody beside her with eyes full of things Irene doesn’t want to say. It feels weird yet very comfortable.

That weird familiar feeling she used to felt with her late girlfriend. Something she thought was burried along with her late girlfriend.

When she finish flashing back to the past, she stare at her new secretary who look very serious yet the unsure feeling is readable on her face. Take care of her? Why would she do that? She’s willing to do that?

But for sure she, herself, doesn’t know what it feels like to be taken care of someone else. She has forgotten what it feels like. Should she let her in? Should she? After everything she did to her. Proves that Seulgi can be trusted.

The question is, is she ready? Actually ready to let someone in? Will Kim Jisoo allow her?

“Seulgi-sshi”

Was she stupid? Was she trying to dig her own grave? What was she doing? Who is she to said that to Miss Bae? After seeing Miss Bae last night, it broke her heart.

To see someone she thought very strong yet she is just a fragile young woman. Who need someone else to help her get up.

Seulgi have to say it and she risk everything for that. Now she starting to regret what she just said. Why? Because it seems like Bae Irene doesn’t like it.

“Can I answer your question days ago?” Asked Irene.

What? What question? Seulgi know she have bunches of unanswered question. So she didn’t know which are the question Miss Bae referring to.

“N-ne?” A soft smile appear on Irene face. She always knew Seulgi is a slow person.

“I trust you, Seulgi”

 

Did she hear it right? Miss Bae wasn’t hallucinating right? Seulgi can’t even say a word because again Miss Bae surprise her. 

Is it fun Miss Bae? To keep dropping bomb and bomb in an unexpected situation? Maybe it’s fun for her but for Seulgi...she’s confuse. 

For someone like Kang Seulgi, it’s hard for her to know that the most famous Miss Bae willing to trust her. A total nobody. 

But before she could even get another confirmation, Miss Bae went back to sleep. She did drink a lot last night but...SHE CAN’T LEFT HER HANGING LIKE THIS! What if when she wakes up she does not remember anything she said?

Then Kang Seulgi will only be a loser like she always has. Perhaps drink her remaining Red Wine would give her mind some piece. Well, she will ask Joy to buy Red Wine someday.

 

While the young CEO asleep, Seulgi decided to catch up with work. A hard working she is because well she need more incentive to pay her debts. Moreover, she does not want her work to be overload.

As she turn her notebook page, suddenly she turn the page where she drew her rough scratches. Ah. She forgot to draw it on canva because she’s quiet busy lately.

Since her natural habit as an artist has been upgraded, she decided to continue it. 

After all, she does not have anything urgent currently. Her mind starts to wonder back to the time she were in the party. Staring at Miss Bae who stand in the center, smiling to the guests she’s talking.

Of course Seuli wouldn’t miss the view she saw yesterday. She draw another rough sketches on the next page. Yesterday was a site she would never want to forget. When everyone thought Bae Irene can’t laugh they were all wrong. 

Kang Seulgi is the witness of the laughing Bae Irene yesterday. It was surprising though but well Miss Bae always full of surprises, right?

While she was thinking about yesterday event, Seulgi glance at Miss Bae only to see Miss Bae staring at her with hazy eyes. Wait...WHAT?!

 

If work is the only thing makes her happy perhaps she was wrong. No. She was not wrong...she found another reason for her to smile. 

Maybe it’s because of the liquor? Irene don’t know but for sure her sleep was amazing. But what’s more amazing is the fact she woke up she saw a girl. 

Looking very occupied with her work. Scrolling down through the screen on her tablet, taking several notes on her notebook. A little smile appear on Seulgi face.

Irene wonder what’s inside her mind. From this far she cannot see what the girl is doing but for sure Seulgi is not occupied with work anymore. She seems like drawing something due to the sound of pencil on a paper.

Somehow she can’t stop herself from staring at Seulgi. Admiring the besuty infront of. Looking at how her eyebrow almost touching each other because of how focus she is with whatever she’s doing.

Then she would sometime smirk and smile. Like she’s very satisfied with her work. Cute at how serious she is and she cannot believe she never take time to admire her this long. Or maybe this is the longest she could get. 

Suddenly their eyes met when Seulgi take glance at her and their eyes met. How beautiful those monolid eyes are. Is she sober enough? Yes. Despite having hangover, she is sober enough to remember the beauty infront of her and what she said before she pass out again.

“Hi” said Irene.

But Seulgi just blink her eyes multiple times seems trying to understand the situation. Yeah. You heard it right. Irene greeting her. 

“H-hi?” Said Seulgi quiet unsure. She still believe that maybe Miss Bae is still having her hangover. She want to believe that but the whole situation seems so real and Miss Bae seems sober.

“I’m hungry” said Irene.

H-hungry? D-did she just...aegyo?!

“H-hungry?” 

Irene just smile as she get up from the couch and try to stand up but she still have her hangover. So she stumble a little bit but Seulgi was fast enough to get her and hold her hand prevent her from falling.

Seulgi grabbed Irene hand and pull her closer without her realizing. Making them touching each other body. . Seulgi did not expect this. Perhaps Irene is still drunk or maybe she had enough with all the in her life.

That she decide to feel some peace after awhile and this is what she want. Will she regret it? She do not know but for now she is sure she does not want to think about it.

“B-be careful” said Seulgi. Irene just smile.

“I always can trust you, right?” 

Instead of answering, Seulgi felt like all the air being away because Miss Bae being very clingy. Her heart beat faster than it should. She afraid Miss Bae can feel herr heartbeat.

But Miss Bae just smile before walk to the stairs stumbling but still manage to walk in balance. . What just happened? Did Miss Bae...what? Seulgi does not know what happened but one thing she know, she need to cook.

 

Did she was possessed by the devil? Clearly it wasn’t her. Or maybe that’s what people thought about her. How long has it been the last time she being so clingy towards someone?

She lost track of time actually. But for sure it was during her relationship with Kim Jisoo. The only girl who would caress her hair after she finish working. The only girl that would welcome her to a warm hug everytime she off work. The only girl she can be her trueself.

It was her very last time though and did she just show it to Seulgi? Yeah she did. And how does it feel? Weird...but very familiar. Well what’s important is that she’s smiling. For real. No fake smile. Just...her real smile.

As soon as Irene get inside her room, she clean herself because she smell alcohol. Meanwhile, the monolid girl have to think hard on what she should be making. It’s not like she can’t cook because obviously sheand Joy have their own schedule for making dinner. 

What’s frustrating is that she does not know whether Miss Bae would like her cook. The only thing she know about Miss Bae is the young woman do not eat chicken. Weird but oh well who should she blame anyway?

So what is she making today? Sujebi? Perhaps it can help reduce Miss Bae hangover? Or seaweed soup? To be honest Seulgi never been this desperate before and honestly she felt like best to just order take out right now.

But at the same time she really want to cook something for Miss Bae. So...after a very long decision, she decided to cook sujebi. 

“Sujebi it is”

Once she clean herself and change into a more comfortable clothes, she get out from her room only to smell delicious food downstairs. She chuckle. Seulgi did cook for her.

What is this smell anyway? Smell so good and she is damn hungry. Better to taste it right away.

She walk over to her kitchen only to see Seulgi with apron on looking quiet busy in the kitchen. Irene can’t help but to smile.

“Miss Bae!”

“What are you making?” 

“Uhmm...do you like sujebi, Miss Bae?” 

“Just the perfect dish for hangover” said Irene as she walk herself to the dining table. Seulgi can’t help but to bite her lips wanting to get hold of herself. The fact that Miss Bae seems so excited for her cook quiet pressure her but at the same time she’s happy.

Happy to know that Miss Bae like sujebi. Pergaps her decision wasn’t wrong at all. Now all she need to do is plating. As she serve the sujebi in a bowl, she gave it to Miss Bae and sit next to Miss Bae as she made enough for two people.

Excited but nervous at the same time, Seulgi wait for Miss Bae to taste the sujebi. One spoon. Two spoon. Three spoon. No smile. . It's not tasty? Oh no. 

"Is it that bad, Miss Bae? I-"

"Very tasty" said Miss Bae which really surprising.

"R-really?" 

With a smile on her face, Irene nodded again and proceed to finish the sujebi. It's not the best sujebi but it's really good. Seulgi could boil the sujebi a bit more so it become more tender.

But overall this is a good dish. The taste is very reach.

Seeing Miss Bae smiling upon finishing the sujebi, it just make Seulgi proud of herself. Maybe her dish is not that perfect but Miss Bae likes it. That's all what matter.

What could be more happy than knowing someone you like love the food you made and knowing that the devil starts to open up herself and said that she trust you?

Nothing can beat the fact that Miss Bae willing to trust her. So...Miss Bae was sober enough to said that, huh? Weird how a person could be so mysterious and full of surprises at the same time. 

 

Trust me when I say there is always an obstacle in every love story. You guys know what will happen next right? As you guys know, Miss Bae is not done yet with her past and so she need to deal with it before she finally free herself and accept Seulgi fully. Just a warning before the storm. Okay. No more spoilers. Bye!