7 Months Later

Home

"Ladies and gentleman, please welcome our artist! Kang Seulgi" 

The building that has been transform into an art exhibition are full of people from different backgrounds to see and buy paintings of course. After probably five months of working, the young woman being called finally earn what she deserve long time ago. 

A young woman dress in her black outfit, look stunning as always. Walking to the center of the crowds where eyes focus on her and they cheer for her name. 

Perhaps if you back to months before this happen, you wouldn't expect a person name Kang Seulgi who seemed to be lost in this life with lot of debts she need to pay months later, she become a very famous artist.

Well, who would know? No one can predict the future. Here she is. Standing on the center of the crowd, smiling so shy because Kang Seulgi is not really fond of crowds.

She could even barely speak a proper sentence infront of people. What she always try to avoid is public speaking. But it was in the past. Really. She's a well new person now.

All because of that person. Who taught her to be patience, to wait, and to be confidence. She were and still is her forever role model. Shame she doesn't have the time to see the young woman again.

Due to her pack schedule for the last five months. But sometimes she still manage to come by to her old office. Just to see how the young woman who stole her heart is doing.

From the news, she know the young woman is doing pretty well with her business. Keep on expanding her business and use more advance marketing strategies.

Seulgi's glad  to know she's okay and that goes the same to herself. Honestly, she's proud what she achieve now and that is also thanks to her friend, Bae Wendy.

"Uhmm...Hello everyone. Hi. Sorry...I'm not really good at public speaking. But despite how many times I told myself I had changed, still. Public speaking is the one thing I would like to try to avoid" said Seulgi which make some of crowd laugh

"Thank you...for whoever that was. I'm glad someone get my jokes" said Seulgi again and this time the whole crowd laugh along with her. With a smile on her face, she look around the crowd and the building.

Feeling so damn proud of what she already achieve. This is her dream. Perhaps it's not Paris yet but...this is the beginning of her new journey.

"If I take you all back to months before this. I have to say, I'm not the Kang Seulgi you guys knew. I work damn hard to pay all the debts my mom left me. No guys. Don't talk bad about my mom, now" said Seulgi jokingly and the crowd laugh along again.

"I should say...despite how much I would like a different path in my life since I always believe art is not the path I want, but my mom believe art is what God wants me to do. And so...with all the hard time and days back in the past...it was all worth my time. I learn alot from my experience and from the people I met. They taught me a lot about life and because of them I can finally achieve my dream. Also, I need to give special thank you to Kim Sejeong-sshi for giving me the opportunity to open my own art exhibition. We may cheer for her" said Seulgi as she raise her glass to the air and some people said cheers amongst the crowd.

Seulgi smile before she continue,

"I would like to thank all of you who came here and support my paintings. Mom. Thank you for giving me this life and I really hope you can expect more from me in the future. Lastly..."

It took about a minute for Seulgi to finally speak again because she put a lot of thought to say this. Is she watching this? Is she's here among the crowd? Is she has been monitoring her achievement?

Seulgi doesn't know exactly. But she just hope she see this.

"Lastly, to the person who support me, guide me, and trust me...wherever you are right now...I hope you're watching this and support me with your own way...I just want to say...thank you...and hope to see you again soon" said Seulgi.

Honestly, she doesn't care whether people are talking about her right now. Sure they don't know who are Seulgi referring to but they are sure this is someone very important for her.

Nevertheless, they still cheer for Seulgi's speech. They drink the champange together as a celebration for Seulgi's art exhibition. Where she put all of her masterpiece she made less than six month.

She got help from Kim Sejeong and her team as well. They help her a lot with ideas and support. Really a team dream. 

"Congratulation, Seulgi!" said Sejeong who came from behind her.

"Thank you, Sejeong. Really. If it's not because of you, I woul-"

"No worries. You said plenty of thank you. Enjoy this night and perhaps you will sell your whole painting! Who knows?" said Sejeong excitedly.

"Well, I'm glad to know many people love my paintings"

"People said I have good eyes when it's about newbie artist. Guess I'm right!" 

Seulgi laugh along with Sejeong before someone tapped her shoulder, interrupting her conversation with Sejeong. Which she doesn't need to be mad because it was her best friends, Park Joy and Kim Yerim.

Of course she invited her to her first art exhibition. She was hoping to see someone else coming with them actually. But she put too much high, perhaps.

"Uhhh!!! My best friend, Kang Seulgi. You finally achieve your dream!" said Joy as she hug Seulgi and baby talk her in public places would always be embarassing.

But since this her day and her party, she let Joy do whatever she want with her. At least what she do to her is an act of love. Wait...that sounds wrong...oh well whatever.

"Unnie! Congratulation! I'm so happy for you! You do know this is my very first time to buy flower as a gift! I even asked the ahjumma to pick the flower for me!" said Yeri as she give her a bouqet of flower she bought.

"Ahh, I see some changes from you Kim Yerim. Thanks for the flower" said Seulgi and Yeri smile proudly but then she think again what Seulgi said before she say,

"Wait, that's not a compliment..." said Yeri as she think about it again but the two unnies just laugh at her cute reaction.

"How are you feeling, my friend?" asked Joy.

Of course she's happy. This is what she want from long time ago. Fame, popularity, money, people loving her painting, and be the host of her own art exhibition.

She gets what she want less than a year and that should be something she proud of. From the help she got, she can achieve this whole thing. Her first collaboration with Kim Sejeong did went well than she expected.

Someone bought all of her painting with large amount of money. Seulgi never thought someone would bought her painting with high price. It was very unexpected of course.

Nevertheless she's very thankful to whoever bought her painting. Yes. The buyer was anonymous and she didn't get the chance to say thank you to the person.

At least, she gave that person a message of thank you. She so grateful to that person. Yes. She sold all of her five painting to one person. But she never know who that was.

Well, it doesn't matter then. What matter is that she can sold all of her painting and now she's the host of her own art exhibition! How dope is that?

"Of course, I'm happy" said Seulgi.

But is she? Is she really happy? Well, we just discuss Seulgi get what she wants. Everything she dream since she was teenagers. Yet...somehow...despite feeling so happy....why she still feel a little bit empty?

Like there is still some space in her heart which make everything seems incomplete? Perhaps the reason why is because she hasn't seen her here. 

She was hoping to see that person here. Of course she sent an invitation card to her but seems like she put higher hope towards that person. She shouldn't have done that.

Maybe a little more time. Yeah. She said she need time to fix herself and Seulgi told her she willing to wait. Well, she can wait a little longer. That wouldn't be a problem.

"Seulgi noona!. We got big news for you!" said Lucas as one of Sejeong's team. He is responsible on selling the paintings and he will inform her everything related to numbers of her sold painting.

"What? What is it?"

"Your main painting. The...the..."

"The young woman of time? Yes. Did someone buy it?"

"Yes! It was sold in 500 million won! YOU'RE GETTING RICH NOONA!"

Did Seulgi hear it right? 500 million won?! Who would bought one painting with that price?!

"Oh my god! Wh-who bought it?"

"Anonymous! It doesn't matter, noona! What matter is you're a ing successful artist now!!!" 

Just like that, the thought about that person is gone the moment she heard the big news. Guess she have one secret biggest fan out there. Who would it be? 

 

"Joohyun I missed you so much. Are you coming back to Canada soon?"

"Mother, I just came back like two weeks ago"

"Don't be like that, Joohyun. I just missed you, okay? Can't a mother missed her own daughter?" Irene sigh.

Honestly, she just got back from Canada two weeks ago and right now her mother has been very annoying. Asking her when she will be back to Canada while she just literally got back from there two weeks ago.

And she went there because she need to meet one of her business partners. She spent just two nights at her mother's house because her mother being the most annoying mother in the world like always...or since 7 months ago for her.

Yes. Irene finally made the decision to reconnect with her family with the hope she will finally lift up all the weight on her shoulder. Also hoping that she can fix what has been broken inside her. 

Like she said before. She need to fix what's need to be fix and this is the beginning of her new life. Perhaps by doing that she can finally open herself and see the world more brightly than before.

After all, this is what Jisoo's want and what most people asked her to do. She should be honest. It's not easy for her. The first time she called Wendy...it took her like...48 hours to finally reach her sister.

Called her without remembering they are in different timezone. Irene called Wendy during the day while obviously it's night already in Wendy's place. But surprisingly Wendy answered her call. 

She shouldn't be surprised though. Wendy work as a doctor. She should always be ready anytime and anywhere. At first, it was kind a odd seriously. Neither the both of them speak for the first five minutes because they barely contacted each other the last few years.

The last time they called each other was the day Jisoo died and that's all. What more surprisng is that Irene still save Wendy's number on her phone which kind a surprising for Wendy though.

But for Irene she rarely change her phone. She still can use her phone though after years had pass. So she don't see the need to change her phone yet until 7 months ago.

When her mother saw her phone she asked her to change her phone imidietly because the old woman said her phone is old. Of course she was offended! She almost yelled at her mother but Wendy managed to hold her.

Shortly, after Irene contacted Wendy, she flew to Canada a week after that and she stayed in the hotel. Why? She's not really ready to spend a whole one day in her mother's house.

Not until she feel comfortable enough. Once she feel comfortable enough, she stayed at her mother's house. Which happened two months after that. Basically, she spent a month in Canada.

Then she went back to Canada two months later since her mother invited her to celebrate New Year's together. Since she can't come to Canada for Christmas so her mother asked her to come for New Year together.

Irene kind a hesitated at first because she felt like she will be awkward there and ended up ruining the whole party. After all, she's not a party person. It apply different when it's about business party where many business partners will come. 

But then she made up her mind after she visited Mrs. Kim and Mr. Kim after she went back from Canada. They said she need to go and they were like went mad at her for having the thought of not coming to her own mother's invitation.

Despite how hard it is for Irene, she flew to Canada to spent New Year's together with her mother, Wendy, and some of the neighbors. It was...not crowded. But more like...a lot of warm people came and Irene expected the party to be worst but it was not.

Not at all. It was...fun...calm...she found it weird at first. Because for the first time ever she was happy. Being surrounded by strangers(for her) which made her feel so comfortable and happy.

She felt like her energy was charged the moment she came back to South Korea. It was her first healing time after Jisoo's death. 

Perhaps you can say all of this happening so fast while Irene has her own grudge towards her family for years even when she was a child. Seven she remember. 

She won't be able to do this without Mrs. Kim, Mr. Kim, Jisoo, Jennie, and Lisa's support. Also that person. The person that has been in her mind since the day she left the office.

"Alright, mother. How are you and Wendy?" asked Irene.

"Great! We're both great! You see, your sister is getting very busy at the hospital. She rarely come home lately"

"That's why you call me and annoy me, mother" said Irene telling the facts.

"Are you saying I'm a lonely and desperate old woman?!" That's true though but somehow Irene managed to laugh a little even chuckle.

"We're here, Miss Bae" said Kim Bum.

"Oh? Are you going somewhere?"

"Yes. I'm having my launching event today. Sorry mother but I need to end the call"

"Oh oh! Arasseo! I'll call you later okay?"

"Don't, please" 

"Aish, you brat. Arasseo!" 

Irene end the call and smile a little before she came out from the car once Kim Bum open the door for her. Flashlight and flashlight. Seems like her team invited lot of reporters for today's event.

She's not surprise though since today event is quiet special. They launch another brand new technology and a lot of business partners invested on this project so of course they need to nail this one.

It's normal for marketing strategies. After all, every business always aim to get higher profit than the previous. 

As always, Irene would put a smile on her face and wave to the reporters. Some of them threw her questions and questions which she gladly answer. But she was surprise when a reporter asked her this question.

"Miss Bae! Miss Bae! Is it true you seek some help to a psychiatrist? Do you have mental health problem, Miss Bae?" 

That...wasn't supposed to be known publicly. It should be a secret between her, Wendy, her best friends, and the shareholders. It is best for the shareholders to know about that because both side have good relationship.

She doesn't want to break their trust because sometimes it will create chaos within the shareholders and herself as the CEO if she's not being honest with them in the first place.

Of course they have some worries but Irene made sure her mental health is not too worrying. She still in the state where she is in good state to work and interact with people.

So...is that true? Yes. But she wouldn't like to talk about it in today's special event.

"I would really like to share my experience about that but for now I prefer that we all focus to today's event. Is my answer fair enough?"

"But Miss Bae we-"

"Just contact to my office directly and perhaps we can schedule an exclusive meeting for that matter. Thank you" said Irene with a smile on her face before she walk inside to the main hall of the hotel.

She really can trust her employee. They decorated the place really well.

As soon as she went inside to the main hall, all eyes are on her. Cheering at her, giving applause and all the attention are on her the moment she step her foot inside the main hall.

It was very normal for her and the public attention has always been there with her since she was little. She used to hate it but now slowly she start to accept it and the smile on her face is no longer fake.

It is her pure and most sincere smile after years. She hope that person get to see this. But no. It's best if they don't see each other for the mean time because honestly she's not ready.

Yes she seek for professional help already. But she's afraid she will hurt Seulgi...again. She's afraid even when she already seek for professional help, she still able to hurt Seulgi.

That is why all she can do was to monitor the young woman from distance. She saw Seulgi on the news couple of times but not really gave full attention to it because honestly, she's too busy with her job, her session with the psychiatrist, and her mother.

Surprise right? Knowing now her mother also become her priorities. Irene also surprise.

The fact that Seulgi finally reach her dream and recently her name always come up in the news. Irene can't be anymore proud of her. Finally both of them reach the phase they want.

Finally both of them putting the missing pieces in their life. Even with that fact, Irene still believe she need time. She need more time to finally sure that she won't hurt Seulgi again.

Jisoo told her she should meet Seulgi when she's ready. That's the problem. She doesn't know when she will be ready. Even when she miss her so bad and wanted to reach out to her so bad....she can't.

She's afraid she will hurt Seulgi again and that she will hold Seulgi from reaching her dream. After all, that's the reason why Seulgi left the office. She wanted to achieve her dream and she can't do that while she's at the office. Meaning she can't do that when Irene is around.

Or maybe she was wrong or not she doesn't know. For now all she know is that Seulgi finally achieve her dream and that she is proud of her. Perhaps one day...when time finally want them to meet...perhaps that's when the time tell her that she's ready.

"Miss Bae" called someone.

"Oh, Bogum-sshi. Did you do what I asked?" Bogum nodded.

"The paintings will be send to your house tomorrow morning"

"Great. Just make sure it remain anonymous and said we will be the one who take the paintings" 

"Noted, Miss Bae" 

 

Two weeks later~~

Please remind Irene again what was her dream? Right. Her dream was to marry the woman of her life and that is...that was Kim Jisoo. Didn't she tell you that she should be married years ago before Jennie?

But seems time, life, and the world are against her plan. Ended up Kim Jennie and Lalisa be the first one to get married. Sad but...perhaps life want to give something better to Irene.

Speaking of Jennie and Lisa marriage which will be held next month and it's one more week to go yet here she is. When she usually go to the office during Saturday, Jennie kidnapped her before she even managed to wake up in the morning.

Jennie came to her house before she open her eyes and she literally told her to accompany her to fit her dress again. Well, Lisa went back to her hometown to help her parent with the flight.

So they won't meet each other for a week until they are in New York next month. As usual, when Lisa is not around Jennie would always bother Bae Irene. This is what she is doing to her right now.

Right now, she's looking at Jennie with her white wedding dress. She's trying her wedding dress again to make sure it fit with her body well after she went on diet for the whole 7 months.

Fortunately, she lose weight for five kilograms but of course Irene didn't see any differences. Which made Jennie completely angry at her but Irene never care about it.

"How do I look?" asked Jennie.

"It fits your body perfectly, Jennie. Did Lisa see you in this dress already?" 

"At first, I don't want to but she insisted and was completely being annoying about it. So I let her" Irene chuckle.

"So...how many you invited?" asked Irene.

"500? 700? I lost count actually"

That's a lot. When Irene thought about marrying Jisoo, she doesn't want to it to be so crowded. She want it to be simple with not a lot of people. Probably just her family(but back then she thought she shouldn't invited her family because of their relationship), her best friends, some of her Directors, Jisoo's family and friends, and some of her close business partners.

But seems like Jennie and Lisa are different from her. After all, Jisoo would probably agree with her since she also doesn't like crowded that much. It would be too noisy and hectic during the day.

Jennie notice how surprise Irene is and she know Irene is not really fond of crowds. She smirk.

"Don't worry, Hyun. It just my family, friends, and few of business partners. Plus Lisa's family, friends, her employees, her team, and etc"

The etc really ambigious.

“Oh! And Seulgi will be there too. I invited her” said Jennie.

How many months has it since the last time she saw her? Was it when she quit her job? Yeah. That day...she lost Seulgi. No. It was for the best. She wouldn't want to say she lost Seulgi.

She just try to let the young woman go. A practice for herself and also a chance for both parties to deal with their own life before the time finally reunite them again.

When she said she wasn't ready, she really mean it and that maybe time will choose the right time for both of them to meet, she never expect it will be in Jennie's wedding. 

So...is she ready? Or will she try to avoid Kang Seulgi?

Seeing how tense her best friend is, Jennie smile a little. After what Irene did to forgive her past, knowing that she is free now and slowly she try to let Jisoo go, she has sense that this is the right time for both of them to reunite.

It's better late than never and Irene always choose to be late and regret it at the end. Jennie would like to prevent that from happening again. She doesn't want to see Irene sad again. Not this time. 

“You’ll be okay, Joohyun” said Jennie.

Maybe? She can’t be sure though. How should she greet Seulgi? She completely forget how. Because after Seulgi quit her job, she didn't  hire another secretary. Yes. She decided to handle her schedule by her own with a little help from Kim Bum. 

Surprisingly, Kim Bum is quiet good at handling her schedule. Of course she gave him extra wage. So, how sbluld she greet Kang Seulgi?

"We might not have forever together. Like I said. Not everything is eternal. But you need to value time, Hyun. Time is precious" 

Value time. Something she still have long way to go. Perhaps she's late perhaps not. She doesn't know. What she know is that she's taking too long to recover. Value time is not her speciality and without Jisoo beside her...it's hard for her.

She can value time when it's about business. It was like her routine but when it comes to value time for the people she close to...she's so bad at it. Anyway, speaking of her ex secretary.

What is she look like right now? Is she still have feeling for her? Irene do not know. But does Irene wish Seulgi still have feeling for her? Yes. Absolutely yes. But what if she late? What if this is not the right time for her? What if she's not ready? What if Seulgi stop waiting for her?

No one knows. After all, who wouldn't get tired of waiting for someone that is still not sure if she's ready to open herself to other? This is also the reason why Irene is not ready. She's not ready to seek the truth and know the truth. 

After all, Kang Seulgi is a successful artist now. Maybe she already find another person. Maybe she already forgotten Irene. Irene sigh. She should not be thinking about this right now. She need to focus on Jennie’s wedding. Yeah. She should just focus on her best friend. Nothing else. 

Perhaps Irene had forget what Jisoo said to her. Kang Seulgi will always wait for her. But the problem is...Kang Seulgi...is no longer the Kang Seulgi she knew in the past. So, will she be able to handle it?

Kang Seulgi willing to wait as much as Miss Bae needed it. But once Miss Bae come back to her...it won't be easy.