Back To Square One

Home

"Will they like me? Wait. Do I look okay with this dress?"

Who wouldn't surprise to see the cold and strong CEO of Bae's Company, Bae Irene, nervous to meet people? Well, everyone will be surprise and probably pay thousand or million won just to witness this rare event.

Everyone know Bae Irene never get nervous. She never flinch in every meeting she tend. She's not even afraid to argue with higher up or the shareholders which quiet stunning. 

But Irene would always be brave when she is sure of herself. This time she is not. When it's about meeting with business partners or sponsorship or meeting with her employees, Bae Irene always look confident.

It doesn't apply when Bae Irene is going to meet Kim Jisoo's parent. Her girlfriend parent. Who wouldn't be nervous and scared as hell when your girlfriend going to introduce you to her parent?

Irene is damn nervous and she can't sit still during their ride to Jisoo's parent house. Which required two hours of car ride from Seoul. Jisoo would always tell her, they will love her.

Her parent can't wait to see the person who stole their only daughter's heart. For Irene, that's the point! What if they don't like her to be their only daughter's girlfriend?

What if she doesn't fit their criteria? Seriously? When Jisoo heard that she was very surprised and kind a offended though.

Bae Irene doesn't fit the criteria of girlfriend materials? Seriously? There is always something Jisoo admire about Irene. Is the way the young woman doesn't realize how beautiful she is.

Almost like a living God on earth. Her beauty's are bewithcing, elegant, appealing, and unreal. Jisoo has always been jealous of Irene's beauty. When she get to know Irene, she was stunned to know that the young woman know nothing about her unreal beauty.

Maybe that's the perk of being pretty. They never notice how beautiful they are even when people told them. 

Irene will always stay beautiful. Now it's not the time for her doubting her elegant and confident figure even when she wears casual outfit.

Jisoo stop from walking, turn herself facing Irene and suddenly kiss Irene on the lips. Why? Because she need to keep Irene mouth close this instance since she keep on talking random things about her apperance. 

Which of course made the young CEO shocked but her heart melted with Jisoo's action. She grin happily. The only way to make Bae Irene shut the up is to kiss her obviously.

What's more annoying after that is Bae Irene wants more.

"Can we do that again?" 

"No. I don't want my parent to see us kissing infront of their house" 

That's fair enough. Jisoo would always try to calm Joohyun down and the way she do it is to hug her. Joohyun always feel secure and safe inside Jisoo's hug. She always find the comfort she's looking for. 

That action is enough to ensure Joohyun everything will be alright. But she still slightly nervous because this will be her first time meeting Jisoo's parent. Does Jisoo had met Joohyun's parent?

Yeah she did and everything went well actually. Surprised Joohyun's parent approve their relationship. Joohyun thought they will argue and try to control their life but no. Nothing happened. Just a normal family dinner. 

Wait. Joohyun let Jisoo met her parent? Well at first she didn't want to but Jisoo insisted. She said she want to get to know her girlfriend parent and so Joohyun let her meet them. Honestly she was nervous and scared but more like protective.

If maybe her parent doesn't approve their relationship, maybe Joohyun will run away with Jisoo. She's ready though. Even brought her luggage with her clothes inside. But at the end they approve.

Which obviously made Jisoo smacked her on the head hardly after knowing Joohyun already prepared herself to run away if her parent doesn't approve their relationship. Sometimes, Joohyun can be overreacting for little things.

"Come on. They probably waiting for us already"

Just like that, they went inside to Jisoo's parent and honestly, Jisoo's parent are adorable. They greeted Joohyun warmly and she felt very welcome there. She was overthinking awhile ago.

Which made her chuckle at herself for her overthinking mode earlier. 

"Told you everything will be alright" said Jisoo whispering to Joohyun.

Seems like she had nothing to worry about. Jisoo's parent really treat her like their own daughter. Which really surprising though because she never experience a warm family like Jisoo have.

Everything very new and unfamiliar for Joohyun yet it still like how she imagine a normal family would do. Unlike hers. That day, the day she thought would be her miserable and dark day, happened to be the best one.

After that day, Jisoo and Joohyun would always come and visit Jisoo's parent three times a month when they have the time to. But they always make time to visit Jisoo's parent. 

The two old person would always making joke that Jisoo and Joohyun are unemployments due to their frequent visiting. Well, it was the only place where Joohyun able to feel the warm and loving family.

Something she never get to experienced since she was a child. 

But after Jisoo's accident, Joohyun never came visit. It was...one bad mistake. She made promise to Jisoo's parent that she will protect Jisoo no matter what. Yet their only daughter's died because of her.

Because she was saving her. Joohyun unable to face Jisoo's parent after the ceremony because of how sorry she is and felt embarassed for being the reason of Jisoo's death.

What they don't know, what Joohyun kept a secret is that they don't know Jisoo was trying to save her that day. What they know is that Jisoo had a car accident while she was crossing the street.

Why? Why would Joohyun do that? Because she's afraid. She's afraid they won't accept her in their house again. The only place she felt safe, warm, and being loved. 

She keep it as a secret for years now and never came visit after that. Joohyun knew Jisoo always sent them money every month and since she has been blaming herself for what happened to Jisoo, she would always send them money every month.

Joohyun knew they won't accept her money if they knew it was from her. So she sent it anonymously. Said it came from the government or some charity organization (Joohyun not quiet sure which one. Since she asked Jennie to do it) where Jisoo used to participate. A compensation for them because Jisoo had put lot of contribution in the organization. 

That was her only connection with them. Sending them money every month because she knew Jisoo's parent barely survive to live and they could only depend their life on Jisoo and a small business they made. It's enough though.

When Jisoo get a more proper job, her life and her parent are getting alot more decent than previous. Joohyun offered her some help but Jisoo resisted it because she doesn't want to burden Joohyun which obviously never. 

More like Jisoo doesn't want anybody to help her with her family problem. She doesn't want to depend her life on Joohyun. She want to be independent financially.

Something Joohyun adore and love about Jisoo.

Since Jisoo died, Joohyun were the one who sent money to them every month. Just enough for them to eat everymonth. But for Jisoo's parent it is more than enough. Over to be said.

Driving to where Jisoo's parent live, it's been really awhile since the last time she drive through the familiar street. She remember she and Jisoo would stop at a rest area to eat their famous ramyun.

Passing the rest area bring back the memories from the past. Where they would spend almost an hour in the rest area, joking with each other, and just sit there enjoying the street view. Even though what they see are just cars and trucks.

But they likes it. Spending hours and hours only the two of them. Valuing each other present. 

Remembering the past make Irene sigh heavily. Her heart still sank with the thought that Jisoo is gone and there is no technology to help her bring back Jisoo from death.

If only life is a movie, perhaps she can bring back Jisoo. Just like how Justice League able to bring Superman back from the death.

Irene told Kim Bum she will leave the city for three days and he doesn't need to come in since she basically driving to Jisoo's parent house by herself. She doesn't want anybody to interrupt her visit to Jisoo's parent.

She want some..."me time" for herself and also to cherish her time with Jisoo's parent. Perhaps she will tell them what really happened to their only daughter. 

Once her car finally arrive at the very familiar house with one level and apparently they did some renovation with the house. Back in the days, the house have dimp light and the garden is arid without any grass and trees.

But now, it looks more tidy, beautiful and green. Seems like they living a more proper and decent life than before. Good to know then. She parked her car infront of their house as usual.

Of course she didn't come empty handed. She bought a lot. Fruits they like such as apple, mango, and orange. Also she bought them tteokbokki. The one she and Jisoo bought in the past for them and to their surprised Jisoo's parent love it.

Not that they never ate tteokbokki before. The one they bought are from famous restaurant and very rich of flavor. So whenever they visit Jisoo's parent, they would always bought them this.

So memorable yet painful at the same time. Joohyun quiet scared actually. What if they don't want to see her? What if they hate her? For not visiting after Jisoo's death?

Now she only have herself. Jisoo isn't here. After all, she came here by herself and she should face whatever the consequences are. No backing away now.

Joohyun took a deep breathe before she press the door to Jisoo's parent house. Not long for her to see the door being open. Revealing a very familiar old woman in the past.

She growth white hair but overall she still beautiful like how Joohyun remember. The smile. Jisoo got her beautiful smile from her mother and seeing the old woman infront of her, made her remember about Jisoo.

"Joohyun! You're here! Honey! Joohyun is here! She's here!" said Mrs. Kim sound so excited and happy at the same time.

Reactions Joohyun never expected before. She felt more guilty knowing that Mrs. Kim and Mr. Kim probably always wondering when she will come and visit.

Wondering day by day and waiting for her to come visit. But what she did all these years was avoiding them. 

"Annyeong haseyo, Mrs. Kim" said Irene. 

"Eyy! Why are you so awkward? Didn't I tell you to call me mom? Come inside! Come, come! It's cold outside! We missed you so much! You must be busy these past few years, right? How was the ride here? You must be tired. You will spend the nights here right? You need to rest"

Just like Jisoo. Always taking care of her before herself. Remind her of old days when she came visit with Jisoo. 

Seems like her journey on finding the answers will start from now.

 

"I'll be out of town for three days. I'll give you the answer after I get back" - Miss Bae

It was Sunday morning when Seulgi received the message. So, Miss Bae won't be coming to the office for two days. Where is she going anyway? Ah, that is not her problem.

Probably it's personal matter. Something Miss Bae still can't trust her for that. Since today is Sunday, what will Seulgi do? Ah! Kim Yerim and Joy invited her to the mall. 

Great.

She can probably find inspiration for her paintings and perhaps...she can draw something for Miss Bae. A present to Miss Bae as her gratitude for being able working as her secretary.

Yeah...that would be good. Hope Miss Bae will like it. 

 

"Bae Joohyun! You finally came little brat! What took you long enough?" said Mr. Kim as he hug Joohyun like Mrs. Kim did.

"Annyeong haseyo, Mr. Kim. I'm so-"

"Ya! Call me appa!"

"She was so awkward since she came here, honey. She change alot isn't she?" said Mrs. Kim from the kitchen. 

The whole reaction was too overwhelming for Irene. She was expecting them to hate her, tell her she should leave and such things. But surprisingly they didn't.

Their warm greeting is just exactly how Irene remember. Full of excitement, warm welcome, childish, and loving. Wish Jisoo is here with her. It would be alot more fun because Jisoo will always throw crack jokes with her parent.

The living room would probably full of their laughter because Jisoo will never stop making jokes with her parent. Mr. Kim would always play along with Jisoo.

It was a very good memories. Even after traggic come into their family, a traggic caused by her, Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim remain strong. They even renovated their house.

Irene almost not recognizing the house actually. But the familiar K.J.S sign on the door always been the characteristic of the Kim's house. They said they are proud of their daughter.

Therefore, they use her initial name being written on the door. Jisoo would always tell them to turn it down because she's embarrased but they would always argue about it.

Fighting all over the place but at the end they will always put jokes about it and like always they will be fine by the end of the day. The old day always been the best.

What Irene always admire about Jisoo's family is that, even though money always been their problem, they always have close relationship. No fighting, no big arguments.

They just...be happy despite all the lack they have. Back then, their house is not that decent like now. It was more humid, dark, and only consist of kitchen and two small bedroom.

Now they have more modern interior but still minimlize design. It look more decent than before but still have traditional touch on some point. At least she knew, they use her money for their own good.

Knowing that make Irene want to cry but she held it. Not wanting them to worry.

"Joohyun, sit down. You need to eat. You must be hungry due to the long ride. You're lucky I made your favorite food! Japchae!"

Kim's Japchae always been delicious and Mrs. Kim always made Japchae whenever Jisoo and Irene came visit.

"Seems like it really is my lucky day. I've ben craving your Japchae! Oh mom, I bought fruits and your favorite tteokbokki. Hope you still love it" 

Mrs. Kim eyes widen the moment Irene told her she bought her favorite tteokbokki. Reminds her of how she used to buy Jisoo's her favorite jajangmyeon from Gangnam after work.

Jisoo always so excited about it when she came home after work and bought her that jajangmyeon. Always make Irene happy with her reaction. 

"Aigooo! Bae Joohyun, I missed you more than the tteokbokki. But thank you! I do missed the tteokbokki as well. Honey you missed it too right?"

"Of course! Come on, let's eat together" Mr. Kim suggested.

Welcome to Jisoo's house everyone. The place where Irene able to be herself and always find the right answers she need. She can depend herself on them more than her own parent.

She feel so welcome in here and she feel guilty for not visiting them sooner. Jisoo probably mad at her for not visiting her parent as often as they used to be.

It just...the pain is still in there. But somehow she forgetting the pain while she's here with them. Eating together with the two Kim's. Listening to their stories.

Apparently, for the past few years Mr. Kim and Mrs. Kim bought a land one kilometers from their house. They plant white cabagge and sell it. Surprisingly they got alot from it and it has been their monthly salaries.

At the same time they also receive amount of money from this social organization said it's a compensation because Jisoo contributed alot in the organization.

So, Jennie did told them that. Irene did not remember if Jisoo join any social organization before but she did remember Jisoo always want to join social organization.

During her life time she always have the urge to help people. But due to work load, she unable to joined. Sometimes she would donate some of her salaries to orphan's house or to the church.

Irene would always join as well. But ever since Jisoo died, she barely remember about because she let herself drown with her work. Not letting a single day for herself to rest.

Shortly, she's glad now the Kim's living more decent life before. 

Once they finished eating, Mr. Kim is going to see his cabbages and want her to come along. But Mrs. Kim scolded her husband telling him that Irene need to rest.

Mrs. Kim knew Irene would always drive by herself from Seoul to their house and back in the days, Irene would always spend the whole day sleeping in Jisoo's room because she was so tired.

She smile at how motherly Mrs. Kim could be. After that little cute argument, Mrs. Kim told Irene to rest in Jisoo's room. Which obviously has been renovated.

The door are still in wood but more solid and stronger than before. The wall are painted in white and everything inside Jisoo's room remain the same. 

It only shows Irene despite how much years had pass, the Kim's still can't forget their daughter. If it wasn't because of her, Jisoo would probably still alive.

Before going inside Jisoo's room, it took her like ten to fifteen minutes before she finally let herself inside. Mrs. Kim was watching her from the kitchen notice how heavy it is for Irene to go inside.

Well, all the memories she had with Jisoo lays inside Jisoo's room. Of course it's hard for her. Everything inside Jisoo's room always remains her of the beautiful girl.

Once she's inside, the room remain the same. It still well organize like it was barely touch. The bed is well tidy. The cabinet still remain the same and Jisoo's clothes are still there. 

Well organize like always. What have been Jisoo's characteristic will always be the amount of dolls on the side of the bed. Start from pokemon, teddy bears, sinchan, pooh, etc. 

There is one thing that catches her eyes the moment she came in to the room. A very familiar play station 3 set right beside Jisoo's bed. She can't believe Jisoo's parent didn't sell this thing after years of being abandoned.

It has lot of memories of her and Jisoo. A very fun memory only her that remember and cherish it for now. Sad and tragic at the same time. 

Irene can't never understood Jisoo's craziness with dolls but everything Jisoo want, Irene always grant it. Anything for her girlfriend. But she regret for not giving Jisoo the one thing she always wanted.

A piece of mind for Irene. Irene can't give her that during her life time and she regret that.

That night, she spend whole day crying and sleeping without realizing it's already morning. It was the only day where she able to sleep well. Perhaps Jisoo's presence in her room made her able to sleep well.

Jisoo always have that effect on her and since it's morning, Irene is in the mode to find answer. Starting to the place she had avoided since the first and very last time she came. 

"I'm here, Kim Jisoo. Do you missed me?"

 

Double update because I'm curious of your reaction. Hope you guys like it and seriously I put a lot for this story and I'm thankful that everyone love it. Can't wait to read your comments. It always make me happy and gain more strenght to write better and better. Alright. Enjoy!