Painting

Home

"Miss Park also told me, EXO will sing two songs and then they will do promotion for the brand new technology. After that, you will have interviews with reporters. A little press conference. Then-"

"You're an artist before. Correct me if I'm wrong" said Miss Bae suddenly cutting her.

"Uhmm...yes" said Seulgi a bit unsure where Miss Bae is taking this conversation to.

Elegantly, Miss Bae take a sip of tea from her cup and lean her body to the back. 

For almost two hour, Seulgi has been talking non stop about what happened in the office and the update for tomorrow's launching event. There's been a few changes for the date that supposed to be today but the venue is not ready yet.

More like the event organizer is not satisfied with their work so they asked for one more day to finish the venue which weirdly, Miss Bae accepted that request. 

Reporters has been confirm about the sudden news and glad there is no random rumors going around. Then Seulgi talk about other stuff regarding the launching event.

Why? Well, since she find this whole situation quiet awkward, she try her best to keep talking because she know Miss Bae is a very quiet person. Might not have any topic to discuss.

Or maybe she inivted her to discuss about the office and anything regarding to work stuffs. But even after she already talk a lot about it, Miss Bae seems not very fond of it.

She remain quiet, listening to her blabbering only to received a question unrelated to work. 

"Uhmm...yea-, I mean yes. Yes, I was an artist before"

Miss Bae nodded. 

This is where Seulgi usually try to understand what is going on inside Miss Bae mind. She always full of mystery. Miss Bae would always leave her mind wondering around what the hell she's thinking.

Seulgi never right when it's about Miss Bae thought. She never knew what is going on inside Miss Bae mind because she one complicated young woman. She could never guess what's in her mind because Miss Bae is very unpredictable.

She been there once and this will be her second time. Frustrated? Very. But Seulgi make sure to control herself despite how frustration the condition is. 

Miss Bae take her time to look at the painting and stare at it while giving Seulgi a full view of her right side facial face. Seulgi couldn't be more surprise with the fact that even Miss Bae side profile is damn beautiful.

How can someone like Miss Bae exist? Oh don't ask that question. She's the living proof, Kang Seulgi for sake. You're so dumb. 

The young woman seems to give a lot of thought about that painting. She seem to be very occupied with it and the more Seulgi look at her, the more she find herself having a heat attack at any moment now.

“I pity him”

“Van gogh?”

“Mm. The starry night is his last masterpiece before he died. If maybe he live a bit longer, he would seen how everybody cherish his masterpiece”

Seulgi thought back about when was the first time she ever disagree with Miss Bae? When? Because this time she have to disagree with Miss Bae.

“If it’s okay, Miss Bae. I quiet disagree with your thought”

“Oh really?”

Is this her sign to tell her she may proceed whatever she’s thinking right now? Because Seulgi very hesitate at first but her mind, her soul, they want to talk. 

“I uhmm...Van Gogh is one of the best artist. Yes it’s true this is his last masterpiece before he died. But thinking about the way he drew it when he actually suffer with his mental illness, quiet amazing for me actually. You know sometime the most insane person in the world did something beyond our expection. Some are good some are bad. Van gogh one of those insane people in the world that did amazing before his dead”

She always been fond of Van Gogh. He is one of the best artist Seulgi ever known and she grew up learning Van Gogh masterpieces. One of her dream also to have her painting standing beside Van Gogh masterpiece in New York.

But well life always beyond your expection and dream right? Many things happen and sometime people ended up burrying their dream to achieve something else that’s more matter.

And Seulgi was one of those people. Say she’s unlucky but meeting Miss Bae...is one opportunity she believe she won’t get twice. 

Irene doesn’t know why but she already mention this before. Sometimes she found herself very fond of Seulgi. Physically Seulgi is pretty but lack of confident sometimes and that was attacking her at the first place. Then the more she get to know about Seulgi the more she get attracted to her beyond her physical. Her mind, her action...Seulgi is more than just a beauty outside. Everything about her is beautiful especially the inside. Something she rarely show it because well Irene always very demanded during work. Never give Seulgi time to show her trueself sometimes or maybe never.

When she listen to Seulgi’s thought she have to say this is the first time someone ever said that to her. Seulgi looking at a different perspective than her and she start questioning herself why she never seen that perspective before? Maybe because she always look at the dark side of the story and see the weakness within rather than seeing the positive side. 

Jisoo and Seulgi. Are the two person who would show her that. Surprsingly when she thought no one be able to show her that after Jisoo, Seulgi came in to the picture. Showing her what she’s been lacking after Jisoo’s death. Something that has been left in the past.

And for the first time ever, Irene smile. Sincerely and warm. 

Seulgi didn’t know if that smile is a good sign or it’s a sign Miss Bae will secretly fired her tomorrow. But she prefer the first option out of the two.

“Good job for today, Seulgi. How about we have dinner?”

She heard it right. She heard it ing right! Miss Bae just praised her for her work. Or perhaps her opinion? She doesn’t know clearly but the fact she finally received compliment from Miss Bae really makes her happy. 

Finally! After a month of hard work! Miss Bae showed her appreciation for her hard work! How will Joy react to this news once she tell her? Perhaps jealous? Seulgi don’t know but for sure Joy would ask her bunch oke questions. 

After they had dinner which was full of conversation talking about work most of the time, Seulgi now understand why she stop hating Miss Bae. People are jealous of her for having everything since she was born. There is something in the past which made Miss Bae became the person she is today.

But Seulgi did not find anything wrong with Miss Bae. She is just a normal human being. Probably a lonely one? A fragile one? 

Once dinner was over, Seulgi offered herself to clean the plates since Miss Bae already cooked the dinner which surprisingly very good. Miss Bae always full of surprises. It took awhile for Seulgi to clean the plates. 

Miss Bae said she would go to her room for awhile. When she thought Miss Bae still in her room, she was wrong. Miss Bae in the living room, sleeping. Yes. Sleeping. 

Was she taking a very long time to clean all the plates? 

The young woman sleeping soundly. Looking so fragile like a mermaid stranded in the beach. She get the feeling that it’s better to be careful if you want to touch her. But she never did that. She didn’t get the nerve to do that despite how much she want to.

How can Miss Bae still look elegant and pretty when she’s sleeping? Weird but that’s the fact. Seulgi find herself can’t stop watching the girl sleeping and she just simply sit across Miss Bae. Watching her. 

The more she watch her sleeping the more she realize Miss Bae is crying in her sleep. Tears drop on the corner of Miss Bae’s eyes. If Seulgi always see the strong young CEO that happen to be her boss, right now all she is just Bae Irene.

Something must happened before she came and here she is. Accompanying Miss Bae. Maybe that was the reason Miss Bae suddenly called her over. To make her less lonely. 

Miss Bae is far away from opening herself to Seulgi but this is the first phase and an evidence that proof Miss Bae is a lonely person who need someone beside her. Also the proof that one day Miss Bae would finally trust her.

The thought about it somehow makes her happy. Feeling that she try her best to understand the true meaning of it after her mother died. Now she get to feel it again, the happiness seems to be endless. How unique isn’t it? Both person having their own problem but each of them have two different side of story. They deal with it in different way to. For Joohyun it seems her disappointment is endless. For Seulgi seems like her first journey to an endless happiness. 

And so that night pass by with Seulgi sleeping on the couch, accompanying Miss Bae who have her leather jacket wrapped around her body perfectly.

 

“Miss Bae! Look here!”

“Miss Bae how are you feeling for today event?”

“Calm down everyone. Everyone get the chance to ask. Please lady with the white t-?”

What happened last night remain unspoken. None of them talked about it and Seulgi prefer that...or not. There is questions unanswer that she hope she get the chance to ask those. Just like how this reporters do.

But anything about last night was something personal for Miss Bae and Seulgi wouldn’t want to ask personal questions. Well because it will probably scared the out Miss Bae. So she decided to play along with Miss Bae since basically she woke up first leaving her alone in the living room.

Only to realize they are ing late for the launching event. When she woke up, Miss Bae was ready with her outfit and Seulgi apologized for waking up too late. But what Miss Bae said next was beyond her expectation.

“You waited me last night. This is the least thing I could do to say how thankful I am to you. Now let’s eat breakfast. My maids already prepare enough for the both of us”

And that was their very first time eating breakfast together. Awkward? No. It was...comfortable. Even when they don’t speak much Seulgi can see Miss Bae is very happy. The young CEO can’t stop smiling. A very rare site for Seulgi.

“Yo Kang Seulgi!” 

“. Can’t you not do that, Joy?”

“What? Am I disturbing you? What were you thinking anyway huh?”

“None of your concern”

“I’m offended! I’m your best friend!”

“Yeah yeah. Cut the act off, will you?”

“Not until you tell me where the hell were you last night?!”

Dang! Will it be weird to tell Joy she was at Miss Bae place last night? Actually spend the night there and she was wearing one of Miss Bae outfit right now. But it clearly suit her preference actually. With black coat and all of that.

Weird that Joy didn’t notice the differences on her today. Miss Bae picked these outfit special for her. Which she completely thankful.

“Uhmm I-“

“Miss Park. Good morning” said Miss Bae.

“Good morning Miss Bae. Look stunning as always” 

“Well today is very special for all of us. Why don’t you show me around the venue? Hope the delay is worth”

“Of course, Miss Bae. Please follow me”

Seulgi need to thank Miss Bae for saving her life. But she won’t be able to avoid Joy too long. Especially when she’s living together with her. 

To be honest this is their first time coming to the venue. Miss Bae schedule had always packed and she never get the chance to look at the process of making this venue. Which Seulgi have to say her best friend did great on decorating the whole place.

Just by seeing Joy talking about the venue, she look very satisfied and proud of their achievement. Miss Bae would simply said great job to Joy. Something she still not very used to since yesterday was her first time heard Miss Bae complimenting her.

Funny how a simple recognition from Miss Bae able to lift up her day. Seulgi find strenght just from Miss Bae. Maybe Miss Bae is not that as she think she was. The world will be a good place if people would not judge other so easily like that.

“What do you think about the venue, Seulgi?”

“It’s fascinating Miss Bae” Irene hummed.

“I agree. Great job Miss Park. I look forward to our sales for today event”

“No worries about it Miss Bae because we have people lining up to buy our brand new products!”

“What a pleasant good news to start up our day, am I right?”

“Indeed Miss Bae” said Joy.

Miss Bae continue to look around the venue, eyeing every corner of it. Meanwhile Joy and Seulgi follow her behind. Like teenagers in high school, Joy nudge Seulgi.

“What?”

“Aren’t you going to answer my question?” Asked Joy. Seulgi want to play dumb for once.

“What question?” Of course Joy hate it when Seulgi acted like this.

“Oh come on. You know you cannot avoid me”

“Well I don’t know what question, Joy”

Joy scoff in disbelief. Seulgi want to play dumb huh? She know she can’t do that. Joy always been smarter than Seulgi. Oh well then. She just need to drop the bomb. Her own assumption to where Seulgi was last night.

“Did you sleep with Miss Bae?”

“WHAT?!” 

Her voice echos in the venue. Making all the staffs looking at her weirdly including Miss Bae. Seulgi need to bow multiple times. Irene just ignore her secretary and continue looking around the venue.

Joy couldn’t hide her laugh because Seulgi reaction is just so funny. But for Seulgi it was not funny at all! How could Joy asked her that question in public place? 

“Stop laughing! That’s not funny!” Said Seulgi.

“You should seens your face! You look like tomato!” 

“ Joy! Stop now!” Joy have to shed her tears because the situation is so funny.

“Alright, alright” 

Seulgi sigh furiously because she can’t believe Joy could be this annoying and crazy! Sometimes she prefer Yeri than Joy.

“So it’s true then?” 

“What’s true?”

“You and Miss Bae?” 

“No it’s not!” Said Seulgi in firm yet low tone. She’s afraid Miss Bae will hear them and misunderstood their conversation. Okay. Joy is not going to stop until Seulgi tell her everything.

“I didn’t sleep with her okay? She called me over and nothing happened. We just talked about work and that’s it!”

“You could just go home after that” you Joy.

“Okay. I found Miss Bae sleeping on the couch okay? She looked sad and lonely. I voluntarily accompany her until I also fell asleep in the living room. That’s it!” 

“So you came to her house and slept there?”

“Yes! Separate COUCH!”

Joy could only hummed as an answer. Seulgi was expecting a sentence of answer but Joy did not and it frustrated her very much! But before she could even speak, someone came to Miss Bae.

“Excuse me Miss Bae. But we expect you to be in the backstage right now” said one of the staffs.

Joy’s thought remain unspoken and Seulgi accompany Miss Bae to the backstage.

 

 

“I’m very excited and happy to show our brand new technologies. Our employees worked hard on developing these technology. We hope with our new technologies it could help alot of people and companies. And my staffs prepare alot for today event. Please give round applause for their hard work because Bae’s company wouldn’t be here without them. Lastly, please enjoy our hospitality with a small entertainment from us. Enjoy” said Miss Bae as she finally finish her speech. 

Seulgi who stand by in the backstage give an applause once Miss Bae walk back to the back stage. She helped her going down the stage like a gentleman.

“That was wonderful Miss Bae”

“Thank you” said Miss Bae with a smile on her face. Again something Seulgi not very used to which made her heart beat so fast.

“Miss Bae! There is alot of guests here want to talk to you”

Minutes later, you can already find Miss Bae in the main avenue, talking with her guests. She patiently make conversation with her guests and always remember to keep smiling.

Seulgi ptiently follow Miss Bae. Help her introduce each and one of the guests who wants to talk with Miss Bae. Some of them are close with Miss Bae due to their partnership. Some are new and looking gor potential collaboration. Some also talked about how good the event and Miss Bae would always say thank you to them. 

“Miss Bae!”

“Rose! What a surprise we meet here again”

“Well I can’t miss your launching event! You do realize your event always amazing and of course your technologies always been helpful for my company”

“I’m glad to hear that” Rose smile.

“Oh and you remember my girlfriend right?” Suddenly Hyerin came wrapon her arm freely around Rose waist.

“Oh well yes of course. Hello it’s nice to see two beautiful girl here”

Rose and Hyerin smile.

“Miss Bae congratulation on your launching. I cannot wait to try it” said Hyerin.

“Thank you and I cannot wait to hear your review”

Hyerin and Rose look quiet surprise as soon as they heard what Miss Bae said. First, they never mention Hyerin is a reviewer on Youtube before. Miss Bae always full of surprises, right?

Irene seems to notice the how surprise they are and she just smile.

"How did you know I'm a reviewer?" asked Hyerin sound so surprise.

"Well, you're one of the most known reviewers on Youtube" 

"Oh my god. I'm so honor to know that, Miss Bae! I will absolutely give the best review I could on Youtube!" said Hyerin sound so excited and Miss Bae could only smile. 

While Miss Bae having the time talking with her guests, Seulgi excuse herself to get a drink for Miss Bae. How kind of her, really. Once Seulgi reach the drink station, she asked the waitress for one drink non alcohol for Miss Bae.

As soon as she get the drink, she was about to walk towards Miss Bae when all of a sudden she froze in her spot. Why? She realize, how long the distance are Miss Bae would always look stunning.

Even inside a crowded venue, Miss Bae still in the spotlight. Seulgi find herself can easily find Miss Bae among those crowds. That's the time where all of a sudden everything seems to click.

The feeling she thought had die long time ago seems to come up from the surface. She doesn't even realize when she took out her pen and starting to make scratches on the paper.

Seems like it's her natural behavior as an artist. When a sudden idea pops up in her mind, she would do scratches on her paper or whatever media infront of her that can be the place she draw.

While doing the scratches, she find herself smiling with no reason. Or perhaps the reason of her smiling is because the rough scratches for her painting. She is not sure if she still have the skill to paint but hopefully she can. 

Because this will be one of her favorite masterpiece among other paintings she made. Maybe this is what people call by the effect of falling inlove. Yes. You heard that.

Seulgi realize this feeling she have for Miss Bae is more than just like. Seulgi love Miss Bae Irene.

 

A little smooth and romantic chapter would be nice before the bad part comes....right? Enjoy the smooth part before the roller coaster right everyone! Just a little warning to let you guys warm up a little. Enjoy!