Guilt and Wish

Home

What would be more sad? Get eliminate from your job and your only job or leaving your most precious thing somewhere you know it won't be there once you go back to find it?

For Seulgi none of it is more sad. Everything seem sad for her and she is not exaggerating when she look the world so dark right now. After what seems like two hours, the debt collector finally came out of the room only to announce that the house will be collect tomorrow morning.

So they suggest us to pack our things up before they sell all the things inside the house. Which of course as someone who admire arts, work for arts, and love for arts, they won't left their things behind.

This is what Seulgi is doing basically. Gathering all her things with sadness and disappointed fill her heart. All she ever want to do is to make art and to continue her mother’s legacy. It doesn't have to bring her lots of money.

At least she could still eat with that money and live inside a small apartment which she share it with her best friend. It doesn't have to give her lots of money. If the money she earn from making art could cover all her mother's debt then it's fine.

Even if it cost her not to eat fancy food and drinks, she's okay with that. But now, even her salaries and commission for this month haven't come out, she is force to stop working due to the big amount of debt her boss took to make this business still running. 

It appears that their sales for the last two years can't cover al the debt her boss have and in exchange to those unpaid debt, this house belong to the debt collector until her boss could finally pay all the debt. But that hope would probably be just a dream due to the big amount of debt. 

With heavy heart, Seulgi have to leave this place and become unemployement. Now what place would want to hire her? Considering she doesn't have much experienced to write on her CV and lot of young adults are now have interest in arts.

Making her need to compete with young adults which probably more creative than her and they more capable of following the current trends than her. 

"So sad to think last night was our last time working together," said Eun Na.

"Do you think hope is not avaible for us?" asked Seulgi.

"Here, yes. Outside...who knows? Maybe you could finally achieve that dream you want Seul. To make art exhibition in France and show all your masterpiece" 

Yes. That is her dream. But...that dream seems to be long gone burried under the ground with her mother. So the only answer she could give Eun Na was a simple smile.

 

"You willing to cancel all your schedule just to talk about resignation? You're crazy Bae Joohyun" said Jennie who are standing infront of Joohyun's desk, throwing daggers from her scary cat eyes.

"This is something important for me"

"No. This is something very simple" said Jennie correcting Joohyun. But both parties always have different thought and opinion. Something that would take time to finish it.

"For you it's simpel. For me it's a matter of life and death"

"You overeacting, Joohyun!"

"No! If it about you I'm not overeacting! I'm being honest!"

"And me too, Joohyun! I'm trying to build a new life with Lisa!"

"Then you could still work for me! You don't have to stop working with me!"

"What I mean by new life is I'm going to marry her, Joohyun!"

"Nonesense! Mar- Wait...what?" 

All of a sudden the office room which was filled with argument become quiet. Only silence come between the two girls. 

From her sit, Joohyun can see the way Jennie eyes soften and she could see love living inside those cat eyes of hers. The brunnette girl take a sit infront of her boss and a gentle smile appear on her face.

A reaction that need more time for Joohyun to process until she finally realize, Kim Jennie is falling hard for Lisa. Marrying someone is a big commitment. No wonder Jennie insist on withdraw herself from her position right now.

Joohyun could feel her body tense up. Blood boiling not because of anger but because of sadness. Even after years has past, she still thinking of her. Someone who used to make her smile like Jennie do right now.

It took time for Joohyun to finally understand Jennie and get introduce again with a word call 'love'. Not just the word but also the reaction to that magical word. A word that could change someone feeling and their character. 

She look through Jennie eyes trying to find any hesitation and a slight regret of her action. But she found none. Only mean that Jennie already have her final decision. 

But why? Why marrying Lisa should cost Jennie her work? Leaving Joohyun alone in this suffocating workplace? A workplace without Jennie in it will only bring disaster for her.

The only person who manage to keep her alive in this cruel life as a business woman is Kim Jennie herself. Her best friend. Of course it's hard for her to accept Jennie resignation letter.

Joohyun need her. For work and for her mental health. Because it appears that Kim Jennie is the only person who could control her, other than her sister who is currently living in Canada.

"Joohyun. Please. Let me go" said Jennie begging.

Jaws clench tight and face remain flat. Not showing any expression.

"You sound like you are trap with me. But why? Why it has to cost you your job? Leaving me in this ing workplace?"

"Because it's true. What you said"

Taken back by Jennie's answer, Joohyun squeezed her eyebrow almost touching each other. Jennie seem to notice it because then she lean forward and put her hands on Joohyun's desk.

"But it's not me. It was the other way around" 

"What?"

"Joohyun. All your life...no...after the accident you depend your life on me so much. I can't let you depend on me for the rest of your life. I need to have my own life too"

"This is your life, Jennie!"

"No! Joohyun. Listen" said Jennie letting out her demanding tone voice.

"I love you as my best friend. I love working with you. But you need to learn to let me go and let me have my life. My own life and that is to be with Lisa"

Joohyun gulped. Suddenly is sore and guilt starting to rise inside her. Is it true? That she depend on Jennie so much? Making the girl couldn't have her own life?

"Joohyun" Jennie called.

She let her eyes stare at Jennie with her flat expression trying her best not to cry infront of her best friend. She hate to look weak. Especially when it come to letting go of someone.

"You don't have to feel guilty. You make me happy by working here. Sure I can have my own company if I want to but I chose to stay beside you because I know you need me. I know you depend your life on me so much and that is why I need you to let me go. Let me go, Joohyun. Just like how you let her go. Something you still can't do, right?" 

Joohyun bite her lips. She hates it when someone talk about her. She always told herself she moved on and had let the girl go. But deep down she knew she could never let the girl go.

Now that Jennie talk about her, Joohyun can bring herself to think straight. Especially when she know her tears is about to fall. She doesn't want to let Jennie know she still weak.

She doesn't want to let anybody know she still can't forget about her. More importantly, she doesn't want anybody to know she still can't let her go. Why though? Because everything that happened, it was because of her.

Her guilt still eating her alive.

So, instead of agreeing, Joohyun stare at Jennie coldly and ask her to leave her alone. Jennie didn't argue because she knows Joohyun is trying to protect herself from the truth.

The truth that she doesn't want to claim. Before she leave, Jennie want to make sure Joohyun hear this.

"You should stop blaming yourself for what happened. You need to forgive yourself and let her go. Just like how you should let me go, Joohyun" 

Even after Jennie said that Joohyun didn't say anything. She burried herself inside her office room, trying so hard to prevent her from crying because it will only ruin her make up.

But the tears win over her and she was left broken, alone in that office room. With Jennie listening to her crying behind the door. Heart also sank and sad for her best friend.

Yet there is nothing she could do anymore because she did everything she could to help Joohyun. But the girl has fallen too deeply inlove with her late girlfriend. And her guilt eating her everyday. Making everyone who is trying to help her will give up in the middle of trying.

 

JoyisnotJoy

Hey. Just want to let you know. My nightmare become real! I'm a unemployee! Yeayyy! So, I probably going home late. I don't know where to go but I will probably celebrate my last time working. So don't wait for me!

Seulgi smile bitterly after she sent that message to Joy. She didn't know why she smile. Maybe it because she pity herself for being unemployee and worked in a small business that went bankrupt.

Because apparently the boss is not skill and capable enough to handle his business. Now he making all his employees become unemployement. What a move.

Then she continue walking with both hands holding a big box. Consisting of her art tools, her current painting that she just started last night, and her remaining paintings.

She was planning to sell it to one of their clients but it seems their clients has cut their partnership a week ago. Because they no longer want to work with them saying they found other company that serve them with more creative painting.

Seulgi thought they were . But what she can do? Coming to their building and screaming and yelling? She will not only become unemployement but she will also become a criminal.

"Life is tough" she said while looking at the shining sky.

Again she chukcle and smile bitterly.

The sky seems to mocking her because when she's having a bad day, the sky shine so beautiful and bright. Making her start to hate the sky for mocking her. 

She breathe out heavily and began to walk again when suddenly someone call. She put her box on the ground and take out her phone only to receive a call from Joy.

"Ya! Are you serious? Why are you laughing for that such big issue?"

"Hello, Joy. How is your work now? Oh good! That's good! I'm glad you still have work to do!" said Seulgi annoyingly.

"Don't do that, Seul" 

"Do what, Joy?"

"This! Pitying yourself!"

"I deserve it, Joy! Because you know what? I should have quit from the small company and find bigger company! But instead of doing that, I keep working there hoping that I could bring back my mom's legacy!" 

"Seul. This is not the end of your life, yet"

"It's about to" Joy sigh.

"Okay. You know what? Where are you? I'm gonna pick you up"

"Oh no, no, o, Joy! Don't back away from your work! You said you have pre launching something later" 

"It's okay. I have my employees to work with that. I co-"

"No, Joy. I will be alright"

"You don't sound so sure"

Seulgi chuckle.

"I will be alright, okay? Beside, Yeri going to pick me up later after her last class. Just one hour before that" Seulgi said assuring Joy that she's alright.

It took minutes for Joy to finally answer because she want to make sure that Seulgi is really alright. But at the end she give up. She know Seulgi is not alright. Her life has been tough after her mother's death.

Losing her only job to get money and also to continue her mother's legacy which is painting in that house who is owned by her mother's best friend, is something that would be really hard for her to accept.

Not to mention, it will be hard for her to compete again considering she need to compete with young adults now which have more talents and experiences.

Seulgi have lot of experiences but it's not enough for her to compete with big companies and young adults. How is Joy so sure about that? Ever since her mother's death, Seulgi isn't the same anymore.

Her art is not...the same. It's still beautiful but...lack of soul some says. At the end her painting was sold to company with low standard. Just enough to give a bit of art touch inside their building.

Back then, Seulgi's art is very amazing. It tells a lot of stories just by one painting and it has a soul on each paintings. Something that only a true artist could make it real.

But now, Seulgi's talent is deepening. Burried together with her mother and what left inside her is only her motoric. Motoric without soul will only result nothing. 

"Okay. Text me when you come home, okay?" 

"Sure thing, madame"

Then they end the call.

Seulgi continue to walk down the pedestrian, passing through all the high building. Feeling so jealous to everyone who gets to work there and wear formal outfit. 

She always want to work in big companies and art will only become her hobbies because that has been what it is since the beginning. Until her mother last wish. Making her going to art school, getting a lot of sponsers, and companies want to hire her. Only to decline all of it at the end.

Because she can't accept all of it if the person who asked her to do art is gone before she could enjoy her daughter's achievement.

How Seulgi wish everything will be alot easier for her. That she could pay all of her mother's debt that she took to pay her school tuition. No need to worry to wake up and get scared with debt collector. 

Wake up with fancy breakfast and wear fancy outfit. How Seulgi wish it could happen to her.

Like how the life of Bae Irene look so perfect and easy. Slowing down her walk to finally stop infront of Bae Company building, the place where Joy is working as the head director, she envy her best friend because she get the chance to work here.

In a big company but chose to live in a small apartment with her. While with the big amount of salaries she received every month, she could buy a penthouse for herself. But Joy prefer to live with Seulgi in a small apartment. For her it's more cozy. For Seulgi it's nightmare.

But maybe both of them have different preferences and they don't really talk about that.

Standing infront of the Bae Company building, she could see a video advertisement showing people the  CEO of Bae Company. It's none other than Bae Irene herself.

The oldest daughter of Bae's family and currently are the richest woman in South Korea, Japan, and South East Asia. Seulgi always think living as Bae Irene would be so fun.

Having everything ready and have everyone love her and know her. How she wish she could be like Bae Irene and live a life like her. Full of glamour and fancy things. Meeting with lots of people with high status. 

People say don't judge a book by its cover. Seulgi is one of the people who is too fast to judge. She didn't know what it cost Irene to live a fancy and glamor life like Seulgi thought she is.

She didn't know anything about Bae Irene and yet she wish to live a life like her. A life where Irene herself thought is a nightmare.