Back to the beginning

Home

Is she dreaming? Seulgi hardly remember the dream she had before. What about this time? Is she really dreaming? Ignore the present tense please because she could hardly believe everything that is happening right now. The fact that she's lying down next to Miss Bae on her bed inside her hotel room is the most unbelieveable one among anything else. 

Hours ago she remember she was busy thinking about Miss Bae while she's in the shower. Her facial expression, her sincere sorry, and her frustration earlier in the art gallery. The ride to the hotel was dead silence and she knew Miss Bae was so nervous.

Another changes from Miss Bae. Back in the past, Miss Bae barely showed her emotion. So when she saw how Miss Bae reacted to her decision, she was surprised. 

Thought that maybe Miss Bae will ignore her and decided to hide her emotion again and again but she was wrong. Miss Bae become an open book for her. 

Does it scares her? Maybe yes? Maybe no? She doesn't know for sure. Her mind just keep thinking about one crucial thing. Or perhaps it just natural for human to think like her.

What would people say about her when they found out how easy she is to forgive someone? When basically she forgive the person who broke her heart for the first time.

But seems like her love for Miss Bae is strong enough that no matter how much she believe herself she won’t be able to forgive Miss Bae, it was completely wrong. 

Her love for Miss Bae is unstoppable and infinite. See how love is so powerful which made her melt the moment Miss Bae push her in to her hotel room and just comfortably hug her.

An action she never get to see from Miss Bae in the past. She try to believe that everything is just her dream but at the same time it felt so real. Miss Bae presence...is so real.

Lying next to her on her bed, comfortably staring at her hotel room roof. Thinking about something and Seulgi would pay for high price to know what exactly Miss Bae is thinking right now. 

But...everything that happening right now, she seems to be quiet surprise and shocked. Well...who wouldn't be surprise to see your crush standing infornt of your hotel room, staring at you with those stare you never saw in the past and the next thing you knew your crush kiss you.

On your ing lips! Seriously. It was...Seulgi's first kiss. How lucky she is to have her first kiss with someone like Miss Bae. Thinking about it make her smirking at herself.

"Seulgi" suddenly Miss Bae call her name with her soft and gentle tone. A very warm voice she missed.

"Y-yes?" asked Seulgi. She can't hide how nervous she is with this whole new situation. Seriously, hours ago she insisted that she need to be selfish and at least try to be hard to get.

Well, look at you Kang Seulgi. You cannot even resist Miss Bae the moment she said 'I love you'. You're heart skip a beat the moment you heard those word from Miss Bae.

Big surprise for you Kang Seulgi. 

"What are you thinking?" asked Miss Bae.

OH! Hear that? Miss Bae is curious what is in your mind, Seulgi! How amazing is that?! Usually you would be the one who are very curious what's going on inside Miss Bae mind.

"Uhm..."

"Surprise? Shock?" 

When she said she had changed, perhaps not everything has changed from her. Miss Bae could easily read her mind is the prove. Remember how Miss Bae easily read her back in the past?

Then everything Miss Bae said would always make you feel hopeless since you can't deny everything she said to you because she is always right. Not always actually but most of them time Miss Bae always right.

"Y-yeah" 

Miss Bae hummed before saying,

"Me too"

Oh? Look at that. Miss Bae also as surprise as she is. What a shocking news. But...why is she surprise though? Seulgi thought maybe she brave enough to confess because maybe Jennie-sshi help her?

After all, their room were booked next to each other is not a coincedence at all. It was plan long time ago. Thank God Seulgi didn't resist Jennie-sshi offer. Because maybe she wouldn't get this chance again...ever.

"Why are you surprise though?" 

Miss Bae looked at her confusely. Okay. Seulgi just did something wrong.

"Is that even a question?" asked Miss Bae look kind a pissed off. Oh man. Did Seulgi jsut ruin the mood?

"I-I'm sorry. I-I didn't me-"

"It's alright. I'm sorry...you don't mean anything. I know. You just said whatever you are thinking right now. So...it's understandable" said Miss Bae.

Since Seulgi didn't know what to say, she decided to stay quiet and bring her eyes staring at the ceiling. What so special about the ceiling anyway? It's empty. Well....she doesn't know.

"I went to psychiatrist" said Miss Bae out of nowhere.

What?! Psychiatrist? Okay this is a shocking news. Is this really the Bae's habit? Both sister seems like dropping a bomb infront of her. Last time, Wendy suddenly told her she has a friend that also an artist and her friend happened to be the famous Kim Sejeong.

And now Miss Bae suddenly told her she went to the psychiatrist?! Seems the Bae love dropping bomb to her.

The moment Seulgi heard that, she quickly looked at Miss Bae with her eyes wide open and Miss Bae completely aware of that without even staring at Seulgi.

She can see through the corner of her eyes. This...is one of the part where Irene want Seulgi to know she is serious and that right now she's trying to fix what seems to be hold behind.

When she thought she had fix everything in her life...she realize there is one thing she hadn't fix. That is her relationship with Kang Seulgi. This also her chance to tell Seulgi she trust her and she want to try new life with Seulgi.

And perhaps she could tell Seulgi what is she doing right now is the result of her going to the psychiatrist. Going to the psychiatrist actually help her a lot and opening herself up right now is what Taeyeon taught her to do.

"Surprise, huh? Well.....I went to psychiatrist about a month after I went to Canada. I still go there once a week" said Irene. 

Honestly, Seulgi never understand about mental illness but she's aware of it. When Miss Bae called her Jisoo back in the past, she thought Miss Bae was day dreaming. But maybe she was wrong. Perhaps, Miss Bae really have mental illness.

Specifically she was hallucinated. 

Oh and another good news! Seems like Miss Bae is trying to reunite with her family once again. Wendy told her about Miss Bae coming to Canada and told her she was being a nice older sister towards her.

Seulgi could imagine how happy Wendy is knowing that finally Miss Bae decided to reunite with her family. When MIss Bae said she need to fix something she really mean it.

Seulgi is proud of Miss Bae.

"How did it go?" asked Seulgi. She thought Miss Bae wouldn't answer her question because she always did that. Leaving her hanging with bunch of unanswered questions.

Because Miss Bae still have trust issue with her and she's hoping Miss Bae would elaborate more with her about this since Miss Bae confessed to her earlier. 

This is the beginning for them anyway so Seulgi would like to test Miss Bae. Would Miss Bae tell her more than just telling her she went a psychiatrist?

Irene mean it when she want to fix her relationship with Seulgi and that she is sorry and would like to change. Her multiple session with Taeyeon-sshi would be useless if she didn't do anything.

After all, she went to Taeyeon hoping there would be some changes in her, right? 

"It was...nice actually. I got to open up my wounds and scars from the past. She help me to forgive the past and also she help me to open my heart.....to you" 

Wait. Did Seugli heard it right? She wasn't dreaming about it right? Oh gosh. Please forgive Seulgi for her weird behavior today. She really can't stay focus right now because it jsut felt so weird and off to hear those loving words from Miss Bae.

Cheesy words to be exact.

So...Miss Bae actually talked about her with her psychiatrist? What did she talk about?

Miss Bae seems to know what in Seulgi's mind. If this is what Seulgi want from the start. To see Miss Bae opening herself to her and to let Seulgi know she trust her, well maybe talking about her life after she left would be the start.

She pull herself up and sit next to Seulgi. Crossing her leg and seeing Miss Bae sitting on her bed, made Seulgi completely aware that Miss Bae wanted to talk something serious.

Seulgi did the same as Miss Bae and now they are sitting across each other, waiting for Miss Bae to talk. 

Irene took a deep breathe and blew it slowly. Yes, she's preparing herself. Once she's ready, she look into Seulgi's eyes firmly yet fragile at the same time. Funny to see two different side of Miss Bae at the same time.

But this is who Miss Bae is. She look so firm and strong but honestly, she's a fragile young woman.

"So...after weeks you left I made decision that I should visit Canada and try to fix everything with my mother and Wendy. I did what I never did before and I-"

 

23.48 yet Seulgi and Irene still wide awake in Seulgi's room. Still listening to Irene's story. About her trying to change her life and try to fix the broken part inside her. 

Irene told her every detail Seulgi need to know. Starting from how hard it was for her to reunite with her mother again when obviously she knew the reason why her parent did that to her.

Which was quiet the same to what happened to her. Her mother also borrowed money to many people just because she want her to go to art school and with the hope she will be a successful artist. Seulgi regret that her mother unable to live until now where she can show off her achievement.

And then Irene also told Seulgi about her going to the Kim's house. Telling her that their place are her safest place in the past and she used to abandoned that place after Jisoo left. 

Due to the pain and her guilt. But after she coming clean to the Kim's the weight on her shoulder felt light. Then she decided to go to the psychiatrist after putting lot of thought about it.

She knew she was seeing Jisoo's ghost. Which were her hallucination. Seulgi asked her if she still seeing Jisoo but Irene told her she hasn't seen Jisoo a month after she went to the psychiatrist which is good actually.

But since there is no permanent treatment for her mental illness, Irene still need to drink medication when she see Jisoo again. But after a month going to the psychiatrist she hasn't touch her medication.

Hearing Miss Bae story...she would like to take back what she said before. She doesn't want to live like Miss Bae. Sorry but that's the truth. Miss Bae life full of complexity that Seulgi probably couldn't handle. She admit Miss Bae is a strong young woman.

In the past, she used to dream of what is it like to live in a palace like Miss Bae have. How does it feel to live a life like Bae Irene. Now when she knew the whole story, she would like to take back what she said.

She should be thankful for the life God gave her. She should be thankful for having a very wonderful mother. Maybe that's human nature. Never get enough of what they already have in life. 

Listening to Miss Bae story, slowly she found herself connecting all the missing pieces. Her unanswered question starting to get their answer one by one. Surprise at how she managed to get the answer all by herself with the help from Miss Bae stories.

What she get from Miss Bae stories are

First, what Miss Bae did to her was because of her traumatic in the past. Miss Bae being so cold, mysterious, and not so easy to get her trust, uneasy to get please. She has that personality because of her past. That's her way to protect herself. Is it selfish? No. Seulgi admire her.

Before all this, Miss Bae still believe that she’s unable to get out from the life she said was created by her parent. When in fact, after her mother came to her clean, the truth is that she already gain her freedom long time ago after she become the CEO. 

The pain, the scars, the wounds still remain there and so the thought about her life still being control keep playing in her mind. Her mother thought Miss Bae had realize that but Miss Bae know nothing about it.

So when her mother told her about it...she know what she need to do. Going back to the beginning and solve the problem in her life. That's the only thing she need to do before she can begin a new life.

Now that she know the life of Bae Irene or she should say Bae Joohyun, she decided not to dream of having Bae Joohyun life anymore. Instead of it she would like to dream of sharing her life and Miss Bae life together. 

Perhaps that’s the reason why she came to Bae Joohyun life. Just like Kim Jisoo came to the famous young CEO life because she want to share her life with her. Hoping that she could help making her life more colorful and maybe they get to arrive at the end of their struggles together.

But sadly, Kim Jisoo unable to finish what she started and she entrust Seulgi to finish it. Bae Joohyun told her about Jisoo's ghost telling the CEO that Jisoo trust her to protect Bae Joohyun. Which is quiet a burden to her because Kim Jisoo seems to expect a lot from her to protect Bae Joohyun. But she will her best to meet Jisoo's expectation.

And that Kang Seulgi will always wait for her. The question is...is it true?

"Never once I stop waiting for you, Miss Bae" said Seulgi. 

So here she is. Sitting side by side with Joohyun beside her leaning their back to the wall above Seulgi's bed. Irene have her head rest on her chest comfortablely. Listening to Seulgi’s heartbeat.

Now that everything is clear and seems there is no more obstacle holding them back, what's next?

“So you went to Jisoo-sshi before going to New York?”

“Yes” said Irene.

After listening to Irene's story, they went completely silence for half minute. Wanting to just stay quiet and listening to whatever they could hear at the time being. 

"How do you think she will react once she hear you finally forgive the past and keep your promise to come back to me?”

Honestly, Jisoo also contribute on helping her forgive her past also she was the person who made her realize her feeling for Seulgi. So to answer Seulgi's question, 

“Uhmm...she probably happy?” said Irene not really sure because well how can she know when Jisoo is not here anyway?

Seulgi turn her head to Joohyun feeling unsatisfied with her answer. But seems like Seulgi need elaboration through this.

“Basically, she was the one who help me to forgive my past. Not directly but you know what I mean. She also the person who remind me to come back to you. So...I should say this happen because she had plan this with God”

God? Really? Now Bae Irene talk about God? Seulgi barely heard that word come out from Bae Irene's mouth. Irene sense the confusion through Seulgi's face because she was just staring at her blankly. 

She can't believe she say this but,

"Kim Jisoo...she always believe she have this close connection and relationship with God. So maybe, this is just my assumption, alright? Maybe she team up with God with this plan. They plan on searching for the perfect person for me" said Irene.

The word perfect person really making Seulgi heart skip a beat. Blushing to the point her cheek feel so hot and she's grinning so happy once she heard that word came out from Bae Irene.

Seulgi love this side of Miss Bae...ups...Bae Irene. The cheesy and good at finding the perfect words to lift up the mood between them.

“And that perfect person...is me?” Said Seulgi trying to be cute which make Irene chukcles at her cuteness and at the end she smile. Seulgi laugh as she saw how Irene smile at her. So beautiful.

She is so damn lucky to have Bae Irene by her side.

“Yes, Seulgi. That person is you” said Irene. Yet again, Irene made her heart melt. She so straight forward! Almost ruining the mood but honestly it just make Seulgi even more nervous and dumb.

“I never thought you could be so cheesy and romantic, Miss Bae”

“Call me Joohyun!” said Irene as she retreat her head away from Seulgi's chest and glare at Seulgi for still calling her by Miss Bae. 

“I’m sorry okay? It’s really awkward to call you by your name. After all, this is our first meeting after I quit”

Irene just hummed in respond. Does this feel familiar for her? Yes. Really familiar. But the difference is that now she feel the freedom she didn’t get the chance to feel it with Jisoo. Poor Jisoo. Irene never deserve Kim Jisoo.

Then silence fill Seulgi’s room. Both girls are busy with their own mind that somehow the silence isn’t awkward. More as a comfort. See how Seulgi presence really impact the changes in the silence. When Irene used to hate the silence because it make her feel so lonely, with Seulgi it felt like the whole is being occupied.

“Joohyun-ah”

“Mm”

“Joohyun”

“Mm?”

“Joohyun-ah”

“Ya!” 

“Sorry. I’m just trying to get use to it”

Irene roll her eyes. She forget how naive and childish Seulgi could get. Nevertheless, she always cute with her gummy smile. 

“Let’s go to sleep. We wouldn’t want to be late for the party tomorrow” said Irene suggested. 

And so that night, they sleep in their arrange room still not wanting to get too far in their first day of...what they should call it? They are not official yet. They are just...getting back together.

Let's just say this is their new beginning. First phase of being open with each other and gain trust from each other. Sounds good, right? 

 

Questions guys...do you think this is too fast? Does the characters development are too fast? Need more explanation? If yes then I'm sorry. I really want to end this story soon and before that I would like to give you guys the cheesy and romantic Seulrene. After all, isn't that what you guys wanted? HAHA. Anyway, enjoy the story and prepare for romantic Seulrene! Stay safe!