First Phase

Home

What choice Wendy have? Lie or not lie. How can she lie when her sister asked her the obvious question. She cannot avoid it of course. But at first she tried to deny it but you guys know Bae Joohyun. 

She is just hard headed as a rock. There is no way Wendy could avoid her question about what their parent did to her. She gave up. The only way out of this mess is to actually tell her sister the truth.

And she did. Which basically Wendy already expected this to happen. But before that, does Wendy hope once her sister knew about this she's be able to forgive her?

It would be naive and Wendy never expected her sister to forgive her. After all, she also contributed in all this lies. 

"We're going to her house," said Joohyun.

"What?"

Joohyun who are walking towards the stairs didn't try to explain anything further because she is very furious and angry. It's good she still manage to stay sane in this kind of situation. 

When usually she would throw anything infront of her and probably hurt someone in this case. That someone would probably her sister. But her mind is still sane enough. Maybe because of Jisoo.

"Are you going to mother house? You're kidding right?"

She stop walking and glare at Wendy. She don't have time for this . She need to meet the real devil.

"You said you're sorry. Well this is the least you could do to show how sorry you are. I don't want to hear any excuses. She need to be at home now!"

When Bae Joohyun order you all you need to do is obey to her command. That is exactly what Wendy do because she do not want to deal with angry Joohyun anymore.

It drained her energy enough and also she does not want to get caught going home in drunk state. Her lips had cause too much family drama. 

 

Miss Bae

Cancel all the meeting today. I have somewhere else to go.

Seulgi need to actually read that message twice. Even she tilted her head to the side to make sure she's not day dreaming. It's real! The message is real!

Why there is a slight sadness in her heart upon reading that message? And why does it feel lonely to be in the office all alone by herself when usually there is Miss Bae in the other side of the room.

Probably arguing with Wendy or sometimes with her employees.

It's weird how the office suddenly very quiet and...peaceful. When basically it will look very chaos and the intensity keep rising upon time pass by. Without Miss Bae then what she should do?

She basically have some things to finish. Such as this week schedule for Miss Bae. Most of it will be about the company event. Right. The launching event!

She need to make sure everything being handle. Maybe talking with Joy would be perfect and will probably kill time since basically she does not need to walk around the whole building.

What?

That's basically what she do when Miss Bae is around. Since the devil won't be coming to the office today, she get a little rest for a day. But even in the middle of her rest, she still need to keep working.

It's okay Seulgi. Your hard work will be pay enough. Talking about her salaries. She forgot to check her bank account!

 

The drive to the devil house always felt instense and uneasy for Joohyun. Why? Because basically the house her mother and Wendy live currently was the house she live in her whole childhood days.

It's the reason why she never wanted to go back because good memories wasn't never there. That place always make her feel lonely and her miserable life begin in that house.

Sitting at the back seat of her car, letting Kim Bum drive, she make sure to look unbother. Though Wendy knew how this mess really bothers her sister, she know Joohyun would never show her weakness.

The silence between them really kills her. How can the ride to their mother's house be very long? Or perhaps the situation between them make everything move slowly?

Wendy doesn't know which one is right because all she want right now is to finish this. She have the thought of running away actually. Because well, she know her mother and her sister very well.

When she thought it will take another hour to arrive, suddenly the car stop and without she realizing, they already arrived infront of the house. Joohyun took her time to look at her old house.

Wondering how does it look now and is it still remain empty. If the house is still give her that lonely feeling. Once she got enough picture of what her house looked like before, she get out from the car.

Not even waiting for Wendy or even ask her to come out. Because apparently Joohyun is ready to fight. With or without Wendy. 

It sounds scary because it is. If you happen to be in Wendy position right now, you would want to run away right now. But of course she wouldn't dare to do that.

Mother and Joohyun being together would never do anything good. The choice would be Joohyun acting cold towards their mother or Joohyun will ing go mad. 

Wendy personally chose the first one. It would be much better. But with the whole sudden news Joohyun received, she won't just act cold. Maybe she will do more.

Walking with firm steps, Joohyun does not thought of stopping. Whatever her mother was doing in their life, she need to know the reason. Maybe stopping whatever her intention on coming to South Korea.

This...has to stop.

And she have right to know why. Why she and their father did this to their life? Planning their life so perfectly that she almost felt like this is what she want. The life they built for her has ruin her life.

It cost her the most precious person in her life. Because of them, Jisoo died.

Opening the front door as wide as it can, she storm her way towards the living room and bingo. Her mother is right there. Reading some random magazine. She look surprise because she never expect Joohyun will come. 

"Honey! What brings my lovely oldest daughter here?" said Mrs Bae welcoming her.

Of course Joohyun hate that kind of fake warm welcome. Whatever Mrs Bae do always been fake. Joohyun could never trust her though she's her mother. 

"Mother, I thought you're in Busan right now?" asked Wendy kind a surprise.

"Nonsense. I was here all night. What is this? My birthday still two months away and two of my daughters are he-"

"Why?" asked Joohyun.

It only requires one word for Joohyun. Only one word and the old woman need to give her specific answers to it. She hope her mother would take her time to actually wrote her a 100 pages or more thesis.

She will be keen to read it all. 

With the cold and firm tone, Joohyun holding herself from exploding. She try her best but if her mother happen to give her the wrong answer, she would probably not bother to throw anythings infront of her.

"What do you mean Joohyun?"

"Mother, I-"

"Why did you do it? Controlling our life like it's yours and father's?" said Joohyun with half high tone.

Mrs Bae took her time to look at both her daughter. Especially Wendy and Wendy mouthed sorry to her mother since this all happened because of her. 

The old woman know exactly what Joohyun talking about. Controlling their life? Yes. Why? 

"And don't ing dare to tell us that is for the best! What?! You were false diagnozed with parkinson? Then what? You asked Seungwan to be a doctor? For what? To make sure you're not misdiagnozed again? Or it's not enough to control your oldest daughter life? Not enough of controlling?!"

"Joohyun!"

"Tell me mother! Why? Why did you do it? Why?!!!"

"Because we're scared!" said Mrs Bae.

Scared? Scared of what?

Wendy walk towards their mother, assuring that the old woman is okay. With some medical records, it is not good for Mrs Bae to get mad. It will affect her blood pressure.

That is also the reason why Wendy does not want Joohyun to meet Mrs Bae at this state. She's afraid her mother will lose control of herself.

"Scared? Scared of what?!"

"Business. We have lot of business enemies in the past, Joohyun. We almost at the peek of bankrupt and the only way to prevent that from happening we use you. Use your beauty to attract investors and faking marriage proposals" 

"The thought of you leading the family company has been there since you were born but we never thought we will be using you for our marketing strategies. I said to your father we went too far. After we gain back our success and fame we left you alone. Getting so busy with all the business when we suppose to be there for you. When Seungwan was born I told your father this controlling game has to stop and we did. We gave Seungwan what she wants. Her life. The life you don't get to experience. But along the way suddenly I was misdiagnozed and it scared your father. He having hard time believing doctors. Therefor he inisiated that Wendy should be a doctor. The purpose is we have someone that capable in medical study and we can rely to that person"

"So you're saying we were born to be your machines? Do you realized what you and father did? TO ME?"

"Joohyun!" this time Wendy yell to Irene. Trying to prevent her on provoking her mother.

But Joohyun can't stand this. This is crazy! How can they control their life only because they are scared? And so it is true what people said.

She was used by her own parent to attract those dirty business partners! Fake marriage proposals? Fake arrange marriages? Her parent is crazy! This is unacceptable! After what her life had cost her. The life she never want had cost her, Jisoo. Her girlfriend and suppose to be fiance.

Her parent ruin her life.

"I admit what I was doing with your father was wrong, Joohyun"

"Well yes! That was ing wrong! And YOU! How can you defend her, huh?! Don't you realized what she did to us?"

"Mother admit she was wrong, okay?"

"And you ing forgive her just like that?" 

"What else I could do, Joohyun? She's still our mother" 

Joohyun can't believe her ears. How can her sister forgive this woman? After what she did to her life. Doctor. She said she never wanted to be one. Yet here she is. Defending the devil who cause all disaster in her life.

This is unacceptable. 

How can she have parent like them? Two ing monster that ruined her life! She never wanted all this. She never wanted to be CEO. She never wanted to be famous.

They are the one who made her like this. Fragile and cold.

"Don't you realized what you did to me? I-I ing lost someone because of the life you gave me! Jisoo! S-she was inoncent, mother! H-how could you do this to me!"

Mrs Bae can't hide how disappointed she is to herself. To be honest coming to South Korea, she was hoping to fix her relationship with Joohyun by the help from Wendy.

But she know now. How deep she has been hurting Joohyun and it would be hard for her to fix their relationship. She realized how she make Joohyun so broken and tears she having right now came from the bottom of her heart.

"I'm sorry, Joohyun"

"SORRY WON'T BRING BACK JISOO! S-she...all she want was me to have the life I wanted. B-but I-I ca-"

Realize she's at the peek of crying, Joohyun know she have to go. She can't let anyone sees her crying. This is bad. 

That is exactly what she do next. Running away. Completely running from her current emotion and running away from the truth. The ing ugly truth. Jisoo doesn't deserve this truth.

She never deserve her. She never deserve Jisoo. Never. 

 

Sitting inside her car all alone because she asked Kim Bum to leave her alone after he drive her to the nearest park. Which she didn't notice this was the hidden gem Seulgi brought her to.

Learning the truth has always been the ugliest. Moreover when you finally know the truth about your life from your own parent. For Joohyun her mother is the most terrible mother in the world.

She can't believe what everyone told her was true. That her parent used her for business. Specifically to attract business partnership because they are about to go bankrupt.

That was the most horrible truth she ever received and the disappointment seems to be endless. Her heart sank, hurt, disappointed, sad, and angry all at the same time. 

Is she crying? She try not to but she's a human. Even when she already build high walls and thick, she still can ruin it by herself. What happened to her life is the reason why she build high walls. To protect her from this cruel life. More importantly protect her from the ugly truth.

Yet despite after knowing the truth even the high wall can't prevent her from crying. 

When everyone thought Bae Irene is so damn lucky to be born in such a wealthy family and a very well known family in South Korea and Asia, they don't know what kind of life she have.

Her struggles, her problems, her suffer, her cost. 

And the only person she could ask for a shoulder to lend is her.

“Hey babe! Very rare to receive a call from you!” Said Jennie.

Irene smile though she still crying. She try her best not to sniffle since she does not want Jennie to hear.

Seems like Jennie is having fun right now. Seems like she call not in the right time.

“Don’t say that. Where are you anyway?”

“I have to because that’s the truth. Oh well I’m at my pre-wedding photoshoot! Do you know Lisa can’t contain her dirty thought during the whole photoshoot session? She’s so annoying” Irene smile.

Sometimes calling Jennie would actually make her smile even the reason she's calling her is because she need some comfort from the girl. Yet here she call her at the wrong time.

Has been friends since high school, Irene could imagine how annoyed Jennie is. Well Lisa is that kind of naughty and greezy girl. Not very surprising though because Irene knew how much Lisa love Jennie. She probably love Jennie loke crazy. Lisa would say,

“ I’m crazy over you!”

Thinking about them going to be wife and wife in less than two month really the kind of event Irene would not want to attend. But this is her best friends wedding. It would be very rude of her. Why? 

Well you guys know why. The memories of her and Jisoo...they should be a married couple by now. But the world seems to against it. 

“Well then have fun with your photoshoot, Jennie”

Sensing something fishy about Irene, Jennie knew her best friend wouldn’t call her just to ask where she is right now. When she was about to ask suddenly her name being call.

“Alright. Thanks I’ll call you later okay?”

Irene just hummed.

Well, that was a lot of effort. Irene can cry if she want but she chose not to. Why? Maybe because she does not want her best friend to know how struggling she is.

With all the sudden news, the endless disappointment towards her family, and this feeling of loneliness seems to be eating her alive. Good thing she still sane enough to not jump from her rooftop. She still want to live. That’s what Jennie keep saying to her. 

And now what? 

 

“Everything has been settle. You don’t need to worry because we have the best event organizer” said Joy completely proud of her work.

“I know. I’m just making sure everything has been settle. How about the reporters? Influencers?”

“We already confirm everybody will be coming and EXO will deliver at least two songs at the event. Rest of it they will do promoting” 

Seulgi nodded.

“What brings you here anyway? Unusual for you to come to my office”

“Well Miss Bae didn’t come to office today. Said she have somewhere else to go. So i thought why not drop by your office. Why? Am I not allow to be here?” 

Joy chuckles. 

“Now you’re sound just like Miss Bae”

Seulgi laugh along with Joy and speaking of the devil...

Suddenly Seulgi phone ring. Revealing the name that barely pop up on her phone screen. To be honest, she need time to make sure this is real. Well, she wouldnMt believe if Miss Bae call her right now because that devil never call her before. Even she rarely receive short messages from Miss Bae.

Joy who saw Seulgi facial face asking who it is but Seulgi ignore it and walk out from her office. She scoff disbelieve her best friend just ignoring her.

“H-hello?”

“Come to my house. Now” 

End.

Hmm...what just happened?

 

Sitting at the edge of her bed, Joohyun has been struggling to decide. First time she’s feeling like this and it feel so damn weird. What is she thinking anyway? 

Well so since Jennie happened to be busy and she’s just a ing lonely young CEO, would it be okay to call he secretary over? For sake what was she thinking? 

Joohyun never ask anyone to accompany her but Jennie. She never done that because well she having hard time on trusting people. But...with Seulgi? Can she trust her?

She had no idea at all but when she told her she will think about it her action speak the opposite. Starting from that charity event until today.

Like everybody said. She never been to any charity event before but she came that day. Why? Because of Seulgi. Fun. No one ever said anything about fun in running event. Yet, she found it quiet fun aside from those two talking bad about her.

Seulgi even defended her that day when it's not her job. Yet she did it anyway.

Shopping.

She never asked anyone aside from Jennie to accompany her for shopping. Truth is she never do store shopping. But she did. With Seulgi. She even bought her the outfit which look damn beautiful on her during her uncle's birthday party.

Then the birthday party. The day where she show her weakness and her past. Seulgi...didn't left her. She's there for her. Even drove her back home with her car. 

Seulgi was simply there for her when Jennie wasn't. 

But it's not like she blame Jennie. Jennie deserve to be happy. She deserve to have her own life after years being there for her. Lisa has been very patient with Jennie and her of course.

It will be very selfish of her if she still need Jennie in this kind of situation when basically she already accept the fact she's not her secretary anymore. Not the first person she will contact.

Then, Seulgi is the back up? No.

She...

She's...something else. 

DING DONG

Coming down to the first floor never felt so hard before. Why all of a sudden she feel like this is her time to move backward if she does not want to regret it later.

But the feeling of wanting to open the door and see those beautiful smile and monolid eyes are stronger than that. Her steps become more light than before and once she open the door, she felt the air around her being away by the beauty infront of her.

Kang Seulgi wearing a black leather jacket with a simple black t-shir underneath and a jean. Did she wear this to the office today?

Joohyun try her best to control herself and make sure to keep her face as straight as possible.

Meanwhile, the ride to Miss Bae house was never been confusing than before. Why Miss Bae asked her to come to her house? All so sudden? Did something happened?

No way.

She probably wanted an update in the office since Miss Bae told her she won't be coming to the office. It's almost the end of work hour and perhaps that's why Miss Bae asked her to come to her house.

But why Seulgi could her sniffles behind that firm and cold tone? Did Miss Bae cry? Seulgi doesn't know for sure but that time all she had in mind was to come here as soon as possible.

The ride was very confusing of course. Too many questions in her mind and she always left it unanswer as always. Because well Miss Bae always been full of mystery.

Despite all the questions, it's normal for her to ask those questions yet here she is. Standing infront of Miss Bae who look very casual with her pajama even dark still in an hour.

Seeing how casual, natural Miss Bae is she admit. Miss Bae really is the original visual. How can a person be so flawlessly beautiful? Weird.

Is God decided to let one of her Angel live on earth? In this ing cruel life? Seulgi doesn't know but if God actually did that, well she should be thankful because she get to know one of His Angel.

"Come in" said Miss Bae.

It was rather soft for Seulgi and for her that is completely weird and terrifying.

Did she do wrong? Why the hell Miss Bae become so soft? Did she had an accident? Did she hit her head?

As she walk inside the house, this will be her second time being inside this beautiful and well organize house. Not to mention all the beautiful painting in the walls.

She would love to have one of her painting hung up here. Oh wait. What was she thinking anyway?

"Would you like some tea?"

"Uhh...yes please" said Seulgi.

When Miss Bae was about to go to the kitchen, Seulgi hold herself by blocking her way which really an awkward position and Miss Bae kind a surprise with the sudden gape between them.

So close and...intense.

.

"Uhmm l-let me make the tea, Miss Bae" 

But Irene could only chuckle.

"You barely look around my house, Seulgi" said Irene before she walk pass Seulgi with her heart racing so fast.

What do you expect? Miss Bae always right.

 

A little progress it's always good right? Anyway, do you guys know I'm always having trouble writing the conflict in a story? Yep. I'm having block writers for a day and it's really frustrating. I got ideas though but I'm scared you guys won't be satisfied with it. Hopefully when you guys finally read the conflict, the storyline won't be too weird. I'm in progress of editing and writing. Checking there and there. Thinking if the storyline is not out of context and etc. Anyway, Happy Chinese New Year to the ones that celebrate. I'm celebrating tomorrow so no update tomorrow. Hope you guys enjoy the story and your comments really encourage me and reading your comments always been the first thing that come up to my mind in the morning. Always manage to make me smile to start the day. Hehe....thank you and I always waiting to see your reactiong for every updates. 

The thought like "How will they react? Is this good enough? Will they like it? I can't wait to see the comments" that kind of thought always in my mind everytime I write and update the story. Okay I'm talking too much. Enjoy the story and see you soon! Stay healthy and stay safe!