Puppy

Home

Weekend came so fast. Faster than Seulgi ever thought. Usually it will feel very slow and despite the activities she doing to kill time, weekend will always come very slow.

Maybe the reason is because three days straight she has been walking around with Jennie. Analyzing and observing what Jennie do as Miss Bae secretary.

Not having time to even lay down and rest a little bit. Because for Miss Bae time is money. Time is everything. Now Seulgi get it why Jennie want to be her instructor. 

Because no one is able to teach her how to be Miss Bae secretary. Being Miss Bae secretary is not about taking notes during a meeting. Remind her schedule for that day. Accompany her when meeting with clietns and going to some events. It wasn’t just that.

Being Miss Bae secretary also need to be there for her mentally and emotionally. Sometimes Miss Bae forget to eat, forget to rest, and forget to actually socialize. Kim Jennie is there for Miss Bae. To just talk and comfort her. But how can Seulgi be like Kim Jennie?

It is much more easier for Kim Jennie to do that because surprisingly they are best friends. Seulgi just know about it yesterday. 

Kang Seulgi can’t be like Kim Jennie. She’s an outsider who barely know about Miss Bae Irene. How can she comfort her when Miss Bae need it the most? 

Kang Seulgi doesn’t know how. But one thing for sure is that she will do her job properly. She won’t disappoint anyone. Including herself. For today schedule, Jennie made it clear that she have to dress nicely. Joy also know about her schedule today and suggest her to wear a black t-shirt with a light black blazer and black pants.

For shoes, Joy chose a comfortable sneakers for Seulgi to wear. She's going to walk around so it's better to wear something comfortable for Seulgi to move around. Over all Seulgi look amazing and neat. Joy dress her pretty well.

As for today, Jennie asked her id she can drive a car yesterday. Seulgi said yes and she didn’t know she will be driving today. Jennie told her to come to the address she gave her yesterday. Only to be surprise she came to Miss Bae house. No. Not house more like mansion!

She wait by the gate not even dare to ring the bell because she felt she’s not in the right place. This is far from her range.

It’s been hour since she arrived and she's been waiting outside of the mansion until someone came out from the door entrance. Surprisingly, Jennie came out and look very surprise to see Seulgi standing there.

“How long have you been standing there? I thought you’re late”

“An hour?” Said Seulgi.

Jennie sigh. No. She’s not mad but she just can’t believe how inoncent Seulgi is. Cute. She obviously can ring the bell but seems like the girl still too shy and felt like she's not in a place to go inside this big mansion of Miss Bae. 

“You’ll be driving today. Here is the key. Miss Bae will come out in a minute” 

Seulgi catch the key only to be surprise with the car brand. Holy . She’s going to drive a 2 billion dollar car.

“Jennie-sshi, I-I’m not really sure if”

“Where is the car? Ya Kim Jennie aren’t you go-“ 

Coming out from the entrance gate, Miss Bae wearing her sport wear outfit with her hair being tied in ponytail.  For the first time ever, Seulgi found Miss Bae really cute. It make her constantly staring at Miss Bae. Admiring her beauty.

“You’re letting your puppy drive?”

“She’s going to be your new secretary soon. Best if she learn things from now than later, right?”

Miss Bae didn’t say anything. Just like Seulgi, Miss Bae is staring at her. No. Not looking down at her. More like...checking her out.

Oh man. Did Seulgi wear something inappropriate? She doesn’t want to be in trouble today. But her thought again was wrong. Kang Seulgi can’t even know what Miss Bae is thinking. She can’t never know what’s in Miss Bae mind.

“She better drive well” said Miss Bae before going back inside.

Jennie let out a smirk.

“The car is in the garage. Better go now”

 

“What will you do with the CEO?”

“I’ll keep it professional. After all I still have you. So make yourself useful for the last time” said Miss Bae not takig her eyes off from the tablet.

“You will depend yourself with Seulgi soon. Why don’t you let her protect you?”

Seulgi want to kill herself right now. The two girls are talking at the backseat like she weren’t there at all. Is this how CEO and secretary talk in the car? Not even care they are talking about someone who is in the car with them too? 

Seulgi really need a lot of adjustment to the formal environment. 

“You said she came from arts”

“Yes and it doesn’t mean she can’t protect you”

“I can take care of myself, Jennie”

“Suit yourself. Just want you to know there is Seulgi who is ready to help you like I do” 

From the rear mirror inside the car, Seulgi glance to the back. Only to mert with Miss Bae eyes. Eyes so cold and throwing daggers at her. Seulgi felt very intimidated.

“Look the front, puppy. Don’t get us kill before our time”

The culprit quickly adjust her sit and get her eyes look straight to the front. Body still a bit tense.

At the backseat, Jennie could only smirk as she seeing the two girls interacting with each other.

One is too shy to approach because she know she’s not at the same level as the other. One is closing herself from new people. Not really a good pair but Jennie know they will soon be alright. Kang Seulgi will change Bae Joohyun.

Arriving to the golf course, Seulgi drop both girls in the lobby and park the car herself. Then she quickly walk to the lobby only to find them waiting for her.

“Next time you can leave the car in the lobby. They have vallet” said Miss Bae before she walk inside the building.

Jennie just laugh because she was the one who asked Irene to stay and wait for Seulgi. 

Well the artist is not familiar with vallet. She always does everything by herself. Since she is not familiar with the whole situation, she feel really sorry.

“Just ignore her. Come on”

 

“Your company seems to be run very well, Miss Bae”

“The employees have all the credit, Mr Lee. Not me” said Miss Bae.

She swing her golf stick to drive and hit the ball. Applause fill the air. Miss Bae is not just good at golf. But she’s an excellent golfer. Seulgi has been watching the way Miss Bae play golf and the way she’s been handling her clients.

Very professional and elegant. She show everyone that she have power and people should not go easy on her. 

Observing Kim Jennie has been a bit boring for her. After all, Jennie-sshi is just clapping, bring bottle of water to Irene, and clean herstick golf. 

While Seulgi work as the driver in the field. Driving Miss Bae and Jennie-sshi to where her golf went. 

During that moment, Seulgi would listen to Miss Bar and Jennie talking. They sometime talk about their strategy approach and talk about the good moment to make the deal.

Seems like the next hole will be their last and that’s when they make the deal.

“The other guy standing at the back. Who is he anyway?” Asked Miss Bae.

“Damn you, Irene! That is Suho! Exo leader!”

Irene chuckle.

“Am I suppose to know him?”

Seulgi rolled her eyes. Damn this girl sure is annoying and full of herself.

“Every people in South Korea even around the world know who he is, Bae Joohyun. You’re the one who is not keep updating with current situation”

Irene didn’t talk back. Maybe Miss Bae wasn’t really full of herself. Maybe she really don’t know him.

Seulgi would always see her busy with all paperwork. Even her tablet is full of her schedules and softcopy of papers she should read.

Most of the time the girl will always be busy with work. Instead of watching news and other things to rest Bae Irene never seen have taken any rest in the office.

Thought about Miss Bae being so arrogant and full of herself is gone the moment Seulgi thought about that.

“Why you ask about him? You like him?” Said Jennie teasing her. But whoever is close with Bae Joohyun, they know Irene hate man. Seulgi make sure to keep her ears open as she is also curious with Miss Bae answer.

Why she is curious though? Maybe because she is bored?

“His stare is bothering me. I would have him gone if Lee Sung Kyung isn’t here” said Miss Bae.

She sure doesn’t like man.

“Why would Mr Lee brought Suho here too?”

“Because of his face. Mr Lee thought I could increase the price by bringing his puppet with him” said Miss Bae.

“Better stay away then”

Irene turn her head to Jennie with her cold eyes.

“What do you think I’ve been doing, huh?”

Jennie shrugged it off. Not long after that? They finally arrive at Irene’s ball. Both side continue their business conversation and hit each of their ball before continue their conversation.

From the way Seulgi see it, seems like Me Lee still want to increase their payment for Exo as their new brand ambassadors. But Miss Bae is not easy to be sway. She remain professional by maintaining the price she already offer at the beginning.

Seems like she won. Mr Lee can’t say anything anymore and he felt very useless bringing Suho here.

“What do you think, Mr Lee? Are you still not satisfied with the price I gave you?”

He sigh.

“Miss Bae. You really are an amazing person. Not easy to be sway. Always stick to the numbers you offer”

“I’m a woman with words, Mr Lee” 

Again he sigh.

“Alright. You get my EXO, Miss Bae” 

A smile appear on Miss Bae face. But it wasn’t a smile. More like a smirk. Meaning she already win in this battle that feel so lame.

“Great. I’ll have my secretary send you the paper you need to sign later. A pleasure to meet you Mr Lee”

“The pleasure is mine Miss Bae. Thank you”

 

Driving back to Irene’s house, the two girls sit on the back quietly. Focus on driving, Seulgi secretly look to the back only to find Miss Bae sleeping.

Looks like the CEO is tired after the long walk. Seulgi is tired too. She isn’t really use to walk about 10km. But she still need to drive despite how much she want to lay down and rest.

Miss Bae did a good job back then. Though she doesn’t know much about business, she know Miss Bae did a good job. Just by the look on her face, she seem to be bery satisfied. Though she doesn’t smile but Seulgi can see how satisfied she was with the deal she made.

The more she get to look closer, she start seeing many difference side of Miss Bae. Yes she’s a really mysterious woman. But her action didn’t come since she was born.

It was like her shield inside the cruel world. She have some reasons and maybe Seulgi can guess what is the reasons.

A world of business is full of mens. Little young woman rule the business world. And Bae Irene as one of the richest young woman, she need to deal with lot of mens.

Mens with no manners at all and she have to make good deal with them. How? By telling everyone she have the power. She is strong. By that none of those man want to play with her. They will remind themselve to stay professional with Bae Irene.

That’s why Miss Bae look so strong, very straight forward person, and cold. Because that is her shield to survive inside the cruel world of business. 

But again, Seulgi doesn’t now much about Bae Irene. She’s not at the place to make any guesses. Stop right infront of Bae Irene’s house, the two girls still asleep. But nevertheless it’s better for them to rest inside the house rather in the car.

“We’ve arrive” said Seulgi.

The girls start opening their eyes and take deep breathe.

“Good job for today Seulgi-sshi” said Jennie and Seulgi slightly bow.

But Irene didn’t say anything and was about to get out from the car when Jennie hold her.

“Ya say thank you to Seulgi-sshi” Seulgi gulp. Why would Jennie even bother to taught Irene manner? No. The question suppose to be does she have to do that?

Take awhile for Irene to say it but at the end she did. Sound so chic and wanting to keep as short as possible.

“Thank you” said Irene and she got out from the cad.

“You can rest Seulgi-sshi. Makre sure to park the car exactly where it was before. Come again on Monday. I’ll send you what we will do that day”

“Ne”

 

Seulgi did as she told. Once she parked the car, she grabbed a taxi and went home. Joy and Yeri are at the apartment. Yeri usually come to visit every weekend and sometimes she would sleep over. Since she know how lonely Joy and Seulgi are.

But the moment Seulgi arrived at the apartment, she didn’t even bother to say hi to Yeri. She’s very tired.

Even Joy let her be since she know how hard it is for Seulgi to catch up with the whole new things. She told Yeri about Seulgi’s job and both of them understand her situation.

By the time she went home it’s already 3 in the evening and she slept for five hours. When she woke up, night welcome her.

She thought Yeri will sleep over but it appears the younger one need to go home. Her father just got back from London and they are having family dinner.

Once she woke up she headed to the bathroom and walk to the living room only to find Joy eating snack while watching tv.

“Oh you’re awake! I’m waiting for you to have dinner”

Seulgi turn around and foundthe dining table already full of food. It might already turn cold.

“You can wake me up you know” said Seulgi.

“I know you’re very tired but I also know you won’t be sleeping until the next morning if your tummy haven’t taste dinner. So it’s okay” Seulgi rolled her eyes.

Joy cooked a simple korean soup and kimchi will always be the best side dish. Sometimes Seulgi would cook dinner or breakfast but neither of them have time to prepare breakfast.

So they usually take turn on cooking for dinner. Today should be Seulgi’s turn but since the girl is very tired, Joy did the cooking.

“I’ll cook tomorrow”

“Eyyy no need to be so kind, Kang Seul”

“I mean it Joy. Today should be my turn”

“Whatever. Anyway how was it? Miss Bae really cool isn’t she?”

“You should have told me she’s an excellent golfer! I thought she could only do drive!”

“Hell man! She’s better than just drive! You know there is a lot of things you don’t know about Miss Bae”

“You never told me about her though you work for her for years now”

“You hate her and you’re busy with your painting”

“Well shouldn’t you told me something? At least told me she have a habit of calling people she hate with initial”

Joy drink her remaining soup in her bowl and smile as she satisfied with the soup she made. 

It’s really good actually and Seulgi admit it too.

“What initial?”

“She called me puppy. Jennie’s puppy”

What she heard make Joy laugh out loud. It wasn’t her first time to hear that but knowing her best friend being called as a puppy, Miss Bae have a really good humor.

Seulgi didn’t understand why her best friend is laughing at her. What Miss Bae did is unacceptable. It’s consider as disrecpeting people!

But Seulgi can’t say that. Miss Bae is her soon to be boss. She can’t let a simple thing be the reason she’s fired.

“Miss Bae always have that habit because she’s not really good at remembering other people’s name. Not because she hate you but she really really bad. What I mean by it is bad. Really really bad” 

Joy made sure she emphasized the word bad multiple times to Seulgi. Because what she said it’s true. She was called a chick when she first work there. It took about six month for Miss Bae to finally remember her name.

It was a miracle. Joy thought Miss Bae will call her by chick for the rest of her time working there. But thank god it’s stop after six month.

“That’s a bad habit! But seriously. I think she hates me”

“Why would you say that?”

“Joy. Don’t you see how she look at me? She literally never smile and mostly she would glare at me everytime our eyes met”

“I’m sure she doesn’t hate you. That’s her normal expression”

“That’s not normal at all! I felt very intimidated everytime she stare at me. Like she is ready to kill me anytime”

“You're exaggerate things Seulgi”

“I’m not!”

“Okay. Maybe Miss Bae is not a friendly person. Not because she thought she is rich and stuff like that. No. Miss Bae is one of the most generous people I ever met before. But well I should say she’s not really good with new people”

"You can say that because you know her for so long"

Seulgi stare at her food not having the appetite to eat. She didn't know why Miss Bae has been really occupying her mind lately. Like she can't never understand the reason of Miss Bae action.

She look like she hate her but Jennie-sshi and even Joy always tell her Miss Bae rarely hate people. They also said it is not true that Miss Bae hate her. It was just Seulgi imagination.

Joy who seems to notice the topic is a bit bothering for Seulgi, she put her spoon in the bowl and let her hands on the dining table.

It's been so long since Joy and Seulgi are best of best friend. They know each other very well and Joy know everytime when Seulgi is in deep thought

For this case, Seulgi was just exaggerate things. Joy know sometime Miss Bae can be very intimidating but it was just her. Miss Bae actually is a really nice person.

She's not good at expressing herself because of some reasons she prefer not to talk about it with Seulgi. It's best if she know it by herself or from Miss Bae herself.

What Joy know is that Seulgi is inferiority herself when she don't have to. Miss Bae respect everyone. She even do charity but prefer to make it lowkey because she doesn't want anyone to think that she's doing it because she want to look good and nice.

While actually she did that because she want to not because she want people to see how generous and nice she is. But people tend to think bad about her because of her cold look.

Anyways, back to Seulgi. The problem right now is withing Kang Seulgi herself. The only thing Seulgi can do is to actually experience it as Miss Bae secretary.

She may be very hard to handle sometimes and very strict in some cases but Miss Bae is a very nice person.

"Seulgi-ah" Joy called.

"What?"

Joy feel the need to hold Seulgi hand. Something she rarely do but maybe this how Joy want to show Seulgi that she will do best once she become Miss Bae secretary. 

That there is nothing to be worry about while she's working with Miss Bae. Because despite her cold face and behavior, she actually really nice. Joy is sure that Miss Bae will take care of Seulgi really well.

Though she would always say that we need to take care of ourself, Miss Bae is the only person who cannot take care of herself. She really bad at it.

"Working Miss Bae will be an experience you cherish one day. Believe me. Working with her won't be bad. Trust me"