Kang Seulgi

Home

If family, friends, and love(soon) can't give Bae Irene the happiness she deserve then her job is the only reason she still alive. Despite all the family drama, unknown location of where the hell Kim Jennie is right now, and the uncertainty of her feeling towards her secretary, job is the only thing that make her mind completely sane.

After her successful launching event yesterday, she received lot of good news. Saying about there is specific increase of sales number due to their brand new technologies. Reviewers also said how good the technologies are and very well recommended for daily use. 

Bae Irene could not be anymore proud with her employees. The good news affected her mood for today. Of course after all the hard work, her employees deserve a little celebration. 

Coming out from her car, she walk to the elevator and there is her secretary there. Kang Seulgi. All smiling to her greeting her like always. Is this because of the weather or the air condition in her office is off? Because suddenly she feel her body so ing hot. 

"Good morning Miss Bae"

"Morning" said Miss Bae.

Which quiet unusual for Miss Bae to greet her in the morning. But well Seulgi has received lot of surprises from Miss Bae. Most of it aren't expected.

As usual, Irene would listen to Seulgi reading her schedules for today and she always glad to hear how full her schedule for today. Like she said before. Work is the only thing that keep her mind sane with all the drama in her life.

But in every happy moment she's in, there would always someone or something that ruin her happy moment. 

"I'm sorry to say this Miss Bae but Wendy is in your office said she want to talk to you"

, thought Irene. 

 

"Are you ing serious?"

"Do I look like joking right now?" asked Wendy.

So here's the story. Just when Seulgi arrived at the office, a very familiar short blonde hair girl sitting inside her office room. Looking completely fine and unbother with the fact she's here.

Kang Seulgi is having a really wonderful days for a couple of days and that is because of Miss Bae. And she does not want to ruin her own day and Miss Bae mood in the morning. 

But here she is, her friend and also the trouble maker. It's not like Seulgi labelled her but the fact said she is a trouble maker for Miss Bae. So what exactly Wendy want?

"I came here in piece, okay?"

"Miss Bae would never thought about that" Wendy roll her eyes.

"But I am okay? I came here to talk to her and after that I'll be gone for sure" Seulgi raise her eyebrow wondering what the hell this girl talking about. Wendy notice it.

"I will go back to Canada with my mother. It's been a month and one week. I have duties to fulfill in Canada" said Wendy referring to her job as a doctor. 

Seulgi nodded. But it's not like she have the right to stop Wendy from talking to Miss Bae. Even when the CEO already told her to not let Wendy in, Seulgi think it's not her right to hold Wendy.

After all, Wendy is Miss Bae sister and the only person have the right to stop Wendy is Miss Bae herself. 

"When is your departure?" 

"In a week? My mother still have something to do here, so yeah" 

Again Seulgi could only nodded.

Did she regret her decision? Perhaps, yes? Because apparently Miss Bae have a temper. What she by by temper like...serious temper.

"I got nothing to say to you. Don't you understand that?!" Irene yell.

"Can't you just hear me out? I promise I'll be gone after this"

"If you want to apologize, save it! I don't need it"

"For sake, Irene! Give me five ing minute and I'll be ing gone from your site before you even know!" 

"What do you want to talk about, huh? You and mother are just the same. I can't believe you forgive her!"

Wendy sigh.

Just like Irene, forgiving her mother is not that easy. Wendy been in Irene's position. Actually both of them are the victims in their family but Wendy forgive her parent.

No. It does not make Irene the evil one here. Irene have the right to hate her parent just like Wendy did. She have the right to after what their parent did to her life. A life she never wanted. The fame she never asked.

All Irene wanted was to live a ing normal life. Without reporters following her, without flashlight hurting her eyes, without people judging her online. 

But both of them were born as two nice daughter. Very respect their parent and their duties as daughters are to grant whatever their parent wish. Irene was born to fulfill her duties to lead the family company one day.

Wendy, she was the unplanned victim in their family. Their parent asked Wendy to be a doctor because of their own trauma. Which lead to the life Wendy never wanted. 

She can't even do a proper cadaver dissection in the first place. Even passed out in her first year. That was one of her hideos memories but the more she get into deep cases in medical history, she get use to it from time to time.

What Wendy wanted to say, after their father passed away, her mother tried her best to apologize to both of her daughters. But Irene is not an easy daughter to please. While Wendy since they live together in Canada, she saw her mother everyday.

Doing her best to show Wendy how sorry she is. Her mother admitted what she did in the past was wrong and apologize to Wendy multiple times and it took four years for Wendy to finally accept her mother back.

It was not easy for Wendy. All the pain, all the hatred, all the regret, and the betrayal she did to Irene but then again. She still her beloved mother. She is still a respectful person in their family.

She is the person who gave birth to Irene and Wendy. In her late 50s it is best to give her happy memories and that is to forgive her. For everything she did in the past.

True it's not easy but slowly Wendy able to have daughter and mother relationship. She didn't asked Irene to forgive her as soon as possible but she want Irene to think about it.

After all, the reason they went back to Korea is because her mother still have high hope that one day Irene would be able to forgive her. But seems the wall are very thick and high that even Wendy can't climb it.

"I never asked you to forgive her right away. But just think about it. Whether you like it or not she is still our mother. The person who gave birth to both of us" said Wendy.

"And again I'm sorry for betraying you but I was doing what they asked me to. I'm sorry for all the act I did. I'm sorry you have to go through all the things that happen in your life. Jisoo...it's not your fault" 

For the first time ever, Irene did not talk back. All she did was listening even when her heart is raging with anger. Not only about her mother but also because Wendy mentioned about Jisoo.

"My five minutes is over. Just...think about it, Irene" 

With that Wendy left, leaving Irene in the peek of anger but when the thought of throwing things would be able to reduce her anger she was wrong. Crying was the only thing she able to do. 

The wall separating Seulgi and Irene office room is not as thick as China wall. Seulgi able to hear whatever going on inside and her heart sank with what Wendy said.

It's true when people said Miss Bae is full of mystery. Seulgi does not know everything about Miss Bae and what kind of past she encountered but one thing for sure whatever happened in the past, Miss Bae is still not able to accept it.

And Seulgi being the only person in that office to know what it feel to be Miss Bae because she been there too. After her mother's dead she was left with big amount of debts.

Her mother was the one who left those debts unpaid because they did not come from wealthy family like Miss Bae. It's not easy for her mother to pay all of it even when she's a very known artist.

Too much debt to pay Seulgi's school tuition and Seulgi have to pay all of it. Of course she's mad at her mother. Blame her for everything that happened and her life was never been the same after that.

Full of darkness because she would do anything to get money and pay those debts. But just like Miss Bae, she's not giving up and after years had pass Seulgi find herself starting to forgive her mother.

She did what she thought was best for Seulgi and to make sure Seulgi received the proper education she need to. But maybe Miss Bae have something more to her story that made her crying almost two hours straight.

Seulgi have to cancel everything. That is the only thing she could do for Miss Bae. Hopefully she will not be mad at her for making sudden decision. 

All Seulgi wanted was Miss Bae to finally get her happiness just like she already did. Knowing the reason of her latest happiness is now crying due to whatever problem she have make her heart sank.

And there she have some crazy ideas. Something she is not sure whether Miss Bae would like it or not. But again. She need to pay Miss Bae back for being the reason she so happy lately. 

 

"Art gallery?" asked Miss Bae. 

Out of any places in Seoul, Seulgi chose to bring Miss Bae to an art gallery. Dumb? Maybe. But seriously she have no other ideas. After all, Miss Bae seem to like art so why not bring her to an art gallery?

This is the place she usually went when things does not go according to her plan other than the park. Sometime she get some idea for her painting when she came here to visit. 

So she thought maybe by coming here Miss Bae could relax and refresh her mind a bit. 

"Uhmm I thought maybe it's a good place for you to refresh your mind. After all, you have lot of paintings at home and I thought you might want to see art exhibition..." said Seulgi quiet unsure with what she said.

Meanwhile, Miss Bae could only hummed and walk pass Seulgi. Going inside the art gallery, staring at each and one of it. Seulgi follow her behind wondering what's in Miss Bae mind.

Because clearly Miss Bae left her hanging, wondering by herself if Miss Bae really likes it or pretend to like it. 

Sure, everything about Miss Bae is quiet complicated and stressful sometimes. Maybe that's why she always feel the challenge.

Irene should be honest. She never been to an art gallery before. But she do love art. That's one of the reason why she have paintings hung in her house. 

But Jisoo is not very fond of art. She can't understand how people always amaze with paintings when most of it are very abstract. Irene would always told Jisoo to look deep into it but Jisoo could never do that.

Despite that, Jisoo must admit the house look very stunning with those painting and that is the only thing Irene can be proud of in her house. After what happened in the office, she clearly need some getaway.

Thought that she will go somewhere else alone, apparently Seulgi already planned something. Irene thought this might be her second time letting Seulgi try to ease her mind in her own way.

She should admit, Seulgi choice of going to an art gallery is a great idea. She can't hide her smile actually but pretend to look just fine. Not wanting to satisfied Seulgi that fast. More like she want to tease Seulgi.

Making the girl frustrated is fun. 

Then she arrive infront of one unique painting. A painting that tell her thousand of words and feeling in just one frame. Dark, mysterious, cold, complicated, yet there is one thing not many people could see it. A small figure of a woman drew on the center.

Why does it feels like the woman in the center is her? A lonely young woman with complicated pass and too many things running in her mind. Represent with all the colors surrounding the small figure.

Seulgi on the other hand can't help but to stare at Miss Bae. How can Miss Bae look so fragile yet so strong? How can Miss Bae look so attractive? Just the way she stand there, staring at the painting, it's like Miss Bae asking for some comfort.

Then her eyes follow Miss Bae where it lead to a very abtract painting yet it delivers lot of meaning behind it. The painting speak every word Miss Bae need to say.

"Weird isn't it?" asked Miss Bae.

"Even when this painting hung up with the other, it still look very lonely and different"

True. Seulgi agree with Miss Bae. This painting look very lonely despite being hung up with other painting. Maybe because of the small figure of young woman in the center? 

She look very lonely and confuse with her own thoughts.

"Just like you?" asked Seulgi without realizing she just said it out loud.

When she realized what she just said, her eyes wide open and quickly look at Miss Bae. But Miss Bae remain quiet and still have her eyes staring at the painting. 

. She did not mean to say that out loud. She only want to speak for herself but obviously she is not. 

Did Irene heard it? Yeah. Of course she did. But is she offended? No. Because Seulgi's right. She's lonely. A damn lonely young CEO. When she realize Seulgi was looking at her, Irene let out a smile before she begin to walk again and leave Seulgi hanging.

Irene just love leaving questions and questions for Seulgi. 

After looking at every single painting inside the art gallery, they get out from the art gallery still full with unanswer questions for Seulgi. But Irene seem to be very happy and satisfied.

Weird how Seulgi again can make her life a lot easier and happy when usually she relies on Jennie when things never go the way she want. Standing beside Miss Bae, she put both hands in her coat pockets and stare at Miss Bae who look a bit more relax than before.

A simple smile appear on Seulgi face as she find how relax Miss Bae is now. Maybe she's successful? Maybe not? She doesn't know until Miss Bae clarify it herself.

"It was a nice exhibition. Thank you, Seulgi" said Miss Bae.

Oh god finally she said i!, thought Seulgi.

She breathe out in relieve. The intensity she been feeling inside the art gallery finally find its answer. She's glad to know Miss Bae enjoy it and Irene who notice the sudden reaction from Seulgi could only chuckle.

A rare site for Seulgi as she notice Miss Bae was laughing a little. She really hope she can capture this moment but perhaps putting this view on her canvas would be perfect.

The thought about it make her smile and all of a sudden both girls busy with their mind until Miss Bae came up with crazy ideas.

"Can you drink, Seulgi?"

"Drink?" Miss Bae smile and god it was the prettiest smile Miss Bae ever give to Seulgi. For a moment she cannot answer to it and rather stay silent because of another surprise from Miss Bae.

"Seulgi?" 

And yet again the way Miss Bae called her name is like the sound of Angels in Heaven singing. 

"Y-yes, I can"

 

When Seulgi thought Miss Bae would never drink, she was wrong. Perhaps because she never seen Miss Bae went out to a night club for drink. But even when she thought Miss Bae would invite her to an exclusive night club in Seoul, she was wrong....again.

Kim Bum drive the car to Miss Bae house and yes. They are going to drink in Miss Bae house. What's more surprising is that, Miss Bae have plenty of drinks in her small cabinet which are in the backyard.

True when Miss Bae said she barely look around her house because Seulgi didn't even notice Miss Bae have a small cabinet in the backyard. Miss Bae didn't tell her much about the cabinet. 

Does she need to tell her why she have a small cabinet in her house? Let me tell you something, Seulgi. Who the hell are you, huh? Until you have the thought that Miss Bae should tell you about this small cabinet she have in her house.

Okay, that is stupid. But well, for Seulgi it's quiet weird to have it and knowing it's a cabinet full of alcohol. She wonder if Miss Bae is a fan of alcohol. 

Well, until now everything is possible since Miss Bae always full of endless surprises. There is possibility though. 

Gently, Miss Bae open a bottle of red wine and pour it in two glasses of wine. Hand it to Seulgi and they just sit in the living room with classical music accompany them.

"I'm not a fan of classical music. In case you are wondering" said Miss Bae.

One question being answer. Now what? 

"Thank you for accompany me today" said Miss Bae sincerely.

There is a slight sadness hiding behind her sentence. Like she never have anybody accompany her before after a very long time. Even her smile look sad and lonely. Just like the young woman in that painting earlier.

Perhaps she's not a good drinker or the alcohol hit her very fast, Seulgi does not know where the hell she get this courage. But for sure, she mean everything she will say next.

"I'm always here when you need me, Miss Bae" said Seulgi.

Did Irene expected Seulgi to say that? No. Neither do Seulgi. Instead of answering, Irene prefer to drink. To be honest, she's not a fan of alcohol. She even hate the burning taste along . 

So why she have bunches of alcohol that make her look like a fan of alcohol? Well, Kim Jisoo love drinking. She even dream of collecting all her favorite alcohol.

The one they drink is one of Jisoo's favorite. What's the occassion? Why suddenly she want a drink?

The answer is, she does not know. It just slip...

No. She's feeling alright after the art gallery...it just...she need alcohol for now. Something very odd for her considering it was always Jennie or Jisoo who would asked her for a drink.

Today...she just need a drink and Seulgi is the perfect person to accompany her. Why? Irene does not know. The comfortable feeling when she's around Seulgi, the smile she always received from Seulgi, the cuteness Seulgi have, and just her.

Her presence...accompany her. Fill the empty spaces inside her house. Making her felt less...lonely. Perhaps not anymore. 

Question is, does Seulgi love to drink? Well, she drink sometimes and yes she drink. Soju to be specific. She never taste red wine before and it does taste good.

But somehow, seeing Miss Bae sitting across her, drinking and drinking, Seulgi prefer not to drink anymore. Why? Because Miss Bae....need her. Isn't that the reason why she's invited?

To protect her? To accompany her. She wouldn't able to look after her even when they are drinking in Miss Bae house. So she sacrifice the good taste of red wine to protect Miss Bae.

Seems like even after she invited Miss Bae to the art galler, Miss Bae still need something else to ease her mind. Drinking maybe is her last way to it. 

When Miss Bae didn't move and not pouring another drink, Seulgi thought she's asleep already. But no. She was wrong. Suddenly she heard sniffle and she notice Miss Bae is crying.

Hiding behind her hair.

"M-Miss Bae?"

"Kim Jisoo" said Miss Bae.

"Ne?" 

"Why...it has...to be you?" 

Kim Jisoo...The death girl? Who is she?

"Why...you let me...live the life I never wanted, mother? The life you gave me...had cost me...Jisoo. I-I love her mother"

What ever Miss Bae was talking about, she must be referring to her past. The past Seulgi does not know at all. But with little information she put the dots together.

Kim Jisoo might be Miss Bae late girlfriend. But why her life had cost Miss Bae her girlfriend? Is the reason of her girlfriend death is because of Miss Bae?

Seulgi does not know for sure and she does not want to conclude anything. But one thing for sure, she's here for Miss Bae. She can be there for Miss Bae when other people can't. 

She can lend her shoulder to rest and she hope that one day Miss Bae does not need to call out name of people who already dead. Because it won't ever be good for Miss Bae. 

And so that night, Seulgi had make a decision. A crazy decision but because of her love for Miss Bae, she choose to do her crazy damn idea. Whatever she will do, is for Miss Bae. It might sound crazy but trust me. Seulgi have a beautiful heart and she is very sincere with what she will say in the morning. 

 

 

“Let me take care of you”

“What?”

Seulgi make sure to take deep breathe before she say it again. 

"Let me take care of you, Miss Bae"