Her Story

Home

Irene do not need Jennie's consent to leave the party. Jennie might already see it coming so she wouldn't care if Irene leave early because after all this is part of her plan getting the two back together. 

So, Irene did not say goodbye to Jennie and Lisa. She just left the party with Seulgi. Hands holding each other not giving any sign of want to let go of each other hands. 

Honestly, Seulgi do not know where Irene is taking her and she doesn't mind at all. As long as she with Bae Joohyun, she willing to go wherever the young woman taking her.

If it mean she can have the moment alone with Bae Joohyun, she's okay with that. If...Bae Joohyun happen to be the boss of human trafficking...Seulgi won't mind at all.

Because she fell for the young woman and if today is her last day on earth, at least the last person she see is Bae Joohyun. How romantic that sound right? 

Well, Seulgi can be romantic too. After all, this is her first time loving someone so badly. So she has a lot of imagination and romantic scene she want to try with Joohyun.

Hopefully it won't be too cringe the moment she try it later. But hopefully Joohyun like it. 

The thought about trying those romantic scene she saw in Korean Drama with Joohyun felt like she really is in a drama. She smile at her own thought that somehow she let out a chuckle. Which made Joohyun glance at her.

"What so funny?" asked Joohyun.

"Ah. Nothing. It just my mind are imagining things right now" Irene chuckle. Seulgi sure is a child.

"Like what?" said Irene teasing Seulgi.

Seulgi pretend to look like she really think deeply to answer Irene's question. Actually she really think of choosing the most romantic scene she could react with Irene. 

Perhaps something like...back hug with Han river view infront of them? Or staring at the beautiful night sky while lying down on the ground? Then maybe they can...kiss? Wait...publicly? That sounds so damn romantic.

But at the end, Seulgi couldn't choose which one are the best. She like every single thing in her mind...so...instead of answering she just grin like a child. 

Irene roll her eyes with the way Seulgi behave at her. Being so childish yet she found her so cute.

So...this is it? The feeling of someone you love by your side? Irene know this is only the beginning but the feeling of wondering and expecting what their future will be is what makes Irene so excited and impatient.

Perhaps this is what Taeyeon said about starting over. This new kind of excitement and happiness...two things she cannot really elaborate vividly because for her this is too overwhelming...in a positive way of course. 

It didn't take long for them to arrive at the destination. Destination where only Irene herself know. Meanwhile Seulgi as the newbie in New York, wondering what kind of place Irene taking her. 

Honestly, she always want to bring Jisoo here but the future has change. Seems like God's plan wanting her to come here with Seulgi not Jisoo. Rather than sad...she feel so happy.

Because she come here with Kang Seulgi. Her ex secretary. A successfull artist. Apparently also a very childish one. Nevertheless, she like every single thing about Seulgi.

Among all the thing she love about Seulgi, the one she love the most about her is the way she bring comfort to her. Her warmth and the way they hug each other, they perfectly fit into each other embrace.

Something very new for her and she love it very much. 

"So...what is this place?" 

Weird how they arrive at a park where Seulgi would like to conclude that Irene brought her to the Central Park. Considering the large garden with trees covering almost the whole area.

Also the lamposts are so beautiful at night. Brigthening the whole road in that park. So this is what she called as the hidden gem in New York? Or Seulgi miss something?

Irene smile once she saw confusion on Seulgi's face. She might thought that Irene brought her to the Central Park. Which is wrong actually. This place...she should say one amazing hidden gems not much tourist and citizen of New York know about.

When most people love seeing rainforest outside, ironically this rainforest growing inside of a Midtown Manhattan office building. It was built in 1967 but perhaps most people forget that this place actually exist. 

Jisoo adore tree a lot and even insisted that everyone need to adore tree. Well no one allergic with trees, right? After all trees are the one who produce fresh air on earth which keeping us alive. So that's kind a make sense actually.

Believe her. Irene didn't came here to blame herself for not bringing Jisoo here before. She purely wanted to invite Seulgi because she want her to witness the beauty inside this building full of glass covering the wall. 

She also hope by coming here, she would able to start over with her life. Begins with creating new memories with Seulgi in a new place for both of them. 

Yes this is also Irene's first time coming here. This is a good idea, right? Irene gently take Seulgi's hand and hold it tight. Not wanting to let it go for the rest of the tour. 

However, Seulgi wasn't quiet ready with this side of Irene. She was quiet surprise that she can't hide herself from widening her eyes and glance at Irene next to her. 

Irene, however, laugh with the sight she's seeing right now. Seulgi look very cute. Like a bear. 

"Come on. This is also my first time coming here, so, please mind me if we get lost in the middle of the road before we could even arrive at the place"

"We're not arrive yet?!" asked Seulgi giving surprise look.

 

"This is quiet beautiful" said Seulgi.

"I told you. This is quiet famous back in the days but lately people prefer to go to the mall, to the country side, instead of coming here. So not much people come here these days"

"You said this is your first time coming here?"

Irene smile. 

"Well I did some research before coming here. I always wanted to come here, you know that" 

Seulgi just hummed. 

The two girls are enjoying the beautiful rainforest in the glass house. The pathway is light up with yellow lights which help them lead the way inside the building. 

It's already night time and the moon light can be seen from inside the building. Honestly, ever since Seulgi get herself busy with her art, she never get the time to go for vacation and sort of things.

She really get herself focus on work. The last time she mesmerizing the beauty of moon light at night was when she work for Irene. After meeting, she would go back to her office and rest a bit. 

Inside her office, there is wide window which let her see the beautiful city view. At night she can see clearly the moon in the sky. Shine in the dark sky with stars accompany the moon. 

Ever since then, she never get the time to look up to the sky because her eyes would focus on the canvas infront of her and her color plate. She enjoy her work really. But during this kind of time, she realize she had work very hard to earn her position right now.

Seulgi who seems not talking very much upon they arrive at the spot, however, Irene didn't mind her weird behavior. Perhaps she wanted to enjoy this moment. 

From her side, Irene would look at Seulgi. Watching her, study her, and at the end she would always find her smiling at herself. How beautiful Seulgi could be at this time. With moon light shining above her. 

Irene wouldn't mind waiting for Seulgi. Maybe her past was too...private that only few people know about it or...maybe Seulgi trying to make revenge. No one knows.

Actually, it wasn't hard for Seulgi because she already accepted her past and way over it. Her present is the only thing that important and also her future too. Those two are the important things she need to be focusing on right now. 

What she really want right now is just enjoy the moment for a little while. 

They walk around the building before they decided to leave the building and ended the tour for that day. Seulgi suggested that they talk at the hotel because it would be more private and time for them to talk is limited than talking in a cafe. 

So Irene did what she told her without any complaint or anything. If Seulgi is more comfortable that way she would follow her. Anything for Seulgi. Just like how Seulgi treated her back then.

Irene is just returning the favor.  

Once they arived at the hotel, both of them decided to clean themselve and Irene will come over to Seulgi's room. Which kind a remind Seulgi of their first encounter after not seeing each other for months.

That was very...intense...odd...but comfortable at the same time. Will she encounter the same atmosphere again tonight? She doesn't have the answer to that but she really expecting it to happen. 

Naughty Seulgi but...she can't resist the feeling though. 

After she finished cleaning herself, she order some food to her room. Both of them didn't eat dinner outside since they basically want to spend time together in a more private place. 

Hotel room is the perfect place for private conversation. Meanwhile in Irene's room...

"Are you ing kidding me? You left my party so early! You didn't even tell me if you're leaving!" Irene roll her eyes. 

Jennie being a drama queen right now. Why she bother to call her this night? Didn't she have important things to do right now? Irene know Lisa would probably can't wait to have Jennie all by herself tonight.

So why the hell Jennie call her right now for something very unimportant? Well for Jennie this shouldn't be an issue...or that's what Irene thought.

"Are you being dramatic or...are you ing serious right now?" 

"You know me very well, Joohyun. Aish! I was going to yell at you but seriously how can I?!" said Jennie showing her frustration at the end. Irene can only laugh. 

"So...everything going well there?" asked Jennie a little worried and suspicious at the same time.

Is everything going well? Yess. Much better than Irene thought it would be. All she need to do right now is getting ready and prepare herself for a new adventure.

Sounds very exciting, right? Well, Irene feel very excited and impatient at the same time. She's been waiting for this her whole time and it took her very long to finally get here.

To...To finally find her perfect person. And...to finally let go. Irene had been holding on the rope to tight that she doesn't realize she's hurting herself by doing so. Now...she can finally let go.

Which mean she can finally breathe properly. No more weight on her shoulder. No more burden. All she has right now is empty space in her heart that are going to be fill with new feeling. Together with Kang Seulgi.

And so to answer Jennie's question,

"Yes. Everything is fine. More than fine actually" 

It always nice to know your best friend finally doing well after going through a lot in her life. Somehow, Jennie find herself wiping her falling tears. Happy tears for her best friend and also for her new life with Lisa who are currently getting ready for the first round tonight.

Which mean she need to get ready right now and maybe Joohyun has something to do too with Seulgi tonight. The least thing she want to do right now is disturbing whatever Joohyun are about to do. 

"Great! Make sure to tell me everything after, alright? I gotta go. The er is getting ready to be tonight" said Jennie and Irene could only chuckle while shaking her head.

is like Jennie and Lisa's favorite part...doesn't it apply to everyone? 

"Alright. Good night, Jennie. Make sure not to go too rough. I wouldn't want to see you on a wheelchair tomorrow morning" 

"YA! You know Lisa will always go rough on me. Ughh...alright...I gotta go. Bye!" said Jennie. 

Irene smile once the call ended. She's thinking about how happy she is seeing Jennie finally tied the knot with Lisa after waiting for years to see the coward Lisa kneel down and propose to her. 

She remember how frustrated Jennie were back then. Jennie has been waiting for Lisa to propose to her because they have been together for very long time and yet the coward hasn't show any action or clue that she's going to purpose to her.

Jennie spent a month being mad at Lisa and she stayed at Irene's place for the whole one month until finally Lisa purpose to her. Now look at them. Finally tied the knot and going for new adventure with each other.

What else could make Irene happy other than seeing her best friend tied the knot? The answer is Kang Seulgi. 

Maybe it's because she finally open her eyes and her heart that the view at night in New York are beautiful like the day. She finished cleaning herself and about to go to Seulgi's room when Jennie called.

While calling Jennie, her eyes mesmerizing the beautiful night view in her room. So this is how it feel when all the problem in her life had been fix. Free, light, and everything seems very clear in her eyes.

Amazing how everything change the moment she's with Seulgi after months of not seeing her. She cannot wait to be by her side right now and that is exactly what she's doing next.

Standing infront of Seulgi's hotel room, she rang the bell and wait for a few second only to be welcome by Seulgi's warm smile. She's wearing casual outfit more like her own pajama and goes the same with Irene.

Looks like she's gonna spend the night in Seulgi's room. Or more like Irene had plan it to happen actually. 

"Good evening" said Seulgi.

"Good evening" said Irene.

She never realize how a simple greeting could make her heart fluttering and happy. The Seulgi's effect she like to call it. 

"I order dinner for both of us. Hope you like the dishes" said Seulgi as she give a room for Irene to come in. 

"Other than chicken, I like it" said Irene. 

Of course Seulgi remember that. She would like Irene to enjoy her dinner and in order to do that is to get rid of foods that related with chicken. 

 

"My mom....was a very strong woman. She work all day long to get money. Being an artist was never easy even when she were famous in our neighborhood. But most people said her painting doesn't fit with people's interest. That is why she borrow money from various people I barely knew and met. Her goal back then was to make sure that I get the education I needed. I insisted that I should go to university and took law as my major but she refused but at the end I still went to university. Until I was informed my mother went to hospital after some of the neighbors found her unconcious infront of my house. She was...diagnosed with cancer...and that's when I thought I need to be selfless for her. To make her happy one last time but even before she get to see me successful, she's gone" 

Seulgi has been selfless all her life. Once she tried to be selfish but she gave up because her mother. She always been selfless all her life like since she was born. Perhaps that's the good side of Seulgi.

But being selfish it's not a crime. In some circumstances, people are allow to be selfish. For their own sake. For their own mental. For their own life. Irene learned that from Taeyeon.

The moment she heard about Seulgi's story, she learned that both of them are the same. In the past...Irene used to be selfless. Letting her parent do anything with her life and keep telling her that this is for the greater good. 

Only that being selfless makes her go crazy. Hurting herself at the end without her realizing. The only person can heal her is herself and Jisoo had been trying to tell her that.

Irene is a stubborn kid when it's about her family. She hate her family for ruining her life and Jisoo taught her the other way. But it took years for Irene to realize what Jisoo really want her to do.

Sad that Jisoo unable to witness her changes. After all everyone has their own path and perhaps her life was never meant to have the same path as Jisoo's. Maybe it was meant to be with someone else.

And that is with Kang Seulgi. The girl who share the same experience with her. Only that both of them are in two different situation. And then they met in a place so called the Bae's Company.

Started as a secretary and CEO until they finally come here. As CEO and a famous artist. Sitting across each other, having a bottle of red wine as Seulgi requested her.

The last time she drank red wine was when Irene asked her if she can drink and that day she accompany her. Yes. That was the first and the last time. She did receive red wine during some event but she never drink it.

Why? She felt like not want to drink it. Simple right? Why life sounds so complicate when it's only because human make it complicate not life. 

They had amazing dinner which Seulgi ordered tenderloin steak with french fries, and some other Italian food which they enjoyed every single bite they had. It's a five star hotel and this is exactly what both of them expected from their services. 

"You're a strong person, Seulgi" said Irene and Seulgi let out a smile as she took a sip of the red wine. 

"I forgive my mom for whatever happened in my past because I was only a child, a teenagers that know nothing about this cruel world. Once I know the reason...once I put all the dots together...I understand why I had to go through it all and that push me to forgive my mom. Let everything in the past and begin my present and future without burden of the past" said Seulgi as she look deeply into Irene's eyes. 

Her words are sincere. Every single bit of it and that exactly what Irene has been doing with Taeyeon. Let go the past and start her present and future without any burden of the past.

Start from this. Meeting with Seulgi. 

"My present....starts with you, Joohyun. The moment I realize my feeling to you...I knew at that moment I learned something from you about my past. That...I should be thankful for what I have. Appreciate every single thing in my life. You taught me a lot to be myself and to forgive my past even though you can't at that time. But now...look at you"

Irene doesn't know which one that make her heart flutter. Was it Seulgi's eyes staring at her lovingly....or was it Seulgi's sincere words? Irene could never choose.

Can she choose both? Because everything about Seulgi...makes her heart flutter and there is no way she can choose one from it all. 

It comes to Irene realization that everytime Seulgi's nervous, she would crack her knuckles making noises from her fingers. Then she would drink her red wine and look away from Irene's eyes.

This kind of gesture...is what Irene love about Seulgi. So honest and sincere...like an open book...just like herself. She smile seeing Seulgi so nervous and let the silence fill the air between them.

Honestly, even when Seulgi had turn the temperature to the lowest, the room still feel hot. Is it because of the wine? Or is it because of Joohyun infront of her?

With light from the hotel room shining above Joohyun, she look amazing despite her bare face. Joohyun look flawless and somehow she felt nervous after confessing her love again to her. 

She need time to adjust with this whole overwhelming feeling but seems can't because moments later she get up from her seat and she didn't know why she decided to sit on the bed still holding her glass. 

She took another sip of the red wine and feeling the burning sensation through . Somehow at this kind of moment she really need that sensation going through .

Perhaps to keep her mind sane. But how can she? How can she maintain her sanity when Irene sitting over there by the window glass, staring at her seriously. No. She done nothing wrong but sitting there. No. She's not seducing her. She was just...simply there.

Watching her. Eyeing her. Reading her. That...somehow manage to intimidate Seulgi. 

"Seulgi" called Irene softly and Seulgi did nothing but glance at her.

"You weren't finish what you said" 

Seulgi gulped. Why does it sound like Irene were seducing her? Get that dirty mind off, Kang Seulgi. 

"Uhmm...you're beautiful, strong...generous....mysterious...yet...fragile" said Seulgi.

Okay. She found the answer to her question earlier.

The room felt so hot because of Irene. Not because of the wine. No. It's all because of Irene and Seulgi has to keep her mind as sane as possible when Irene walk towards her slowly when she spoke earlier. 

That's why she can't completely said those words without having no gap in between words. Because honestly, the way Irene walk towards her really intimidating her. 

Seulgi even gasp the moment Irene sat next to her. What the Irene is trying to do right now? She's not drunk right? She hasn't finish her wine, yet. 

Or is it herself? Is she drunk right now and she's hallucinating things that isn't real right now? Because Bae Joohyun really sit so close to her and there is only small spaces that are seperating both of them.

Which making Seulgi breathe harder than before. . 

"And?" asked Irene with her eyebrow up. A gesture that make Seulgi go crazy for her this time. And? And WHAT?! WHAT DO YOU WANT SEULGI TO SAY BAE JOOHYUN?

"And...I...I'm...I want to be...your bandage...that would always cure you and protect you...I want...to see my future...with you...in it" 

One more thing she realize when Seulgi are nervous. She would always make weird comparison between her and things. Which Irene find it cute actually. 

Can you imagine the look on Seulgi's face when she's nervous? How her eyes would wide open despite how small her eyes are and the closer you look the more you found yourself drawn into Seulgi's eyes.

Then you also realize how chubby those cheeks eyes. Overall, Seulgi's face look very much like a bear. Cute baby bear. At the end, Irene could only chuckle at how cute Seulgi is.

Just like Seulgi, she also excited to see their future together. As much as Seugli want to, Irene always want to see her future with Seulgi in it. No one else because she cannot picture herself in the future with other people beside Seulgi.

A smile being form on her face as she caress Seulgi's face gently. Not wanting to hurt her at some point. 

Seulgi cannot help but to gulp the moment she felt Irene's hand on her face. Gently caressing her face from her cheek down to her chin. Just small action from Irene could make her heart beating like crazy and she hope her face aren't red as tomato right now.

Because that would be embarassing but...how can she not blushing when she's so close with her long time crush? Irene staring at her lovingly and Seulgi notice how she keep on taking glances at her lips.

. Is it really tonight? When Seulgi thought she could do a lot of romantic scene she would like to do with Irene...but perhaps she's not really ready for it. No. It's like...damn nervous. 

It's nice to imagine things in your mind but when you actually doing it...you get the sense of nervous and awkward since it will be Seulgi's second time perhaps? Or if they are doing more than just kiss then...this will be her very ing first time.

But would they gone that far? Seulgi doesn't know and her mind just...blank the moment Irene lips touching hers. The kiss are soft and Seulgi can taste the red wine on Irene's lips which goes the same way with Irene. 

Irene smile throughout the kiss before she pull herself inches away just to stare at Seulgi's hazy eyes and say,

"I want my future with you in it too, Seulgi" said Irene. 

Seulgi heard that before and she just love to hear it all over again and again like a broken tape. It doesn't matter how many times Irene said that to her...for Seulgi it sounds like heaven.

In the past it was her with the thought about their future together. Like a one side love. But right now...it's completely different. Now...she get to share the same thought and feeling with Irene. 

A smile appear on her face as Irene pull herself again and interlock their lips together. Seems like they wouldn't want to stop for a little while. 

Irene took the glass away from Seulgi's hand...pushing the artist gently to the bed and when Seulgi finally under her, she put the glass gently on the night stand once she can finally reach out to it.

Then her hands could finally touch Seulgi's. 

The night goes by with both of them making out like there is no tomorrow, filling the whole room with weird noises as they get into more intimate as time goes by.

Life feel more alive and full of excitement ever since that night. With Seulgi gets want she want after the long wait and Irene finally let go of the past fill herself with her present and future with someone new.

 

And that is 

 

 

Kang Seulgi. 

 

 

Two more chapter and the story finally complete. Enjoy the ride. Hope you guys like it so far before the story really end later. Oh and I really like this chapter so much! I could even imagine what they are doing in the hotel room. Hehe...