Epilog

Home

2 years later~~~

"That's fantastic! You're going to visit your mother and Wendy with Seulgi! Quiet a progress after 2 years. Are you going to propose to her?" asked Jennie on the phone. 

"Well, that's the reason why I call you. I want to talk about that actually"

"OH ! ARE YOU ING DOING IT? LISA! OUR BEST FRIEND GOING TO GET MARRIED SOON!" said Jennie yelling on the phone which made Irene need to put her phone away from her ears unless she want to be deaf because of Jennie's annoying scream.

Currently, Irene is in her office after went for two meetings in a row in the morning. She has no schedule after lunch and that she will go back home to pack her things to Canada. 

"Oh my god, Joohyun! I wish I could be there to witness this moment!" said Jennie.

Unfortunately, Jennie is in Paris right now and she will be staying there for a few months due to Lisa's work and also she's planning to expand her family business in Paris.

Going to Paris not only to accompany Lisa but she also need to do some survey and observation there. Otherwise, she would decline Lisa's offer to accompany her because what will Jennie do there for the next three months? Following Lisa around? Hell no! She will die because of bored. 

It will be fantastic if Jennie is there by her side when she finally ask the question to Seulgi. Honestly, she still traumatic with the past even though she's really sure this time her girlfriend will say yes.

But still...the memory still vividly inside her mind and Taeyeon said it will take a while for her to recover. That's the reason why she called Jennie actually. She wanted some encouragement and assurement that this time it will work.

No drama. No conflict. Smooth as she imagine and picture it for the past few months. 

"I hope you can be there for me, Jen" said Irene. 

There is no doubt that Irene was saying the truth from the bottom of her heart. Well, Jennie and Irene have been friends since so long which made Jennie could easily read her.

Maybe Jennie know the reason why Irene is feeling nervous, afraid, and lack of confident. Of course because of her past and she knew even going to the psychiatrist, the healing part will take a lot of time. 

She know little about mental illness but she knew it will not be fast to heal. That is her job as a friend after all. Giving encouragement towards her best friend when she needed the most.

"Bae Joohyun. Remember what I said to you that day?" said Jennie and of course Irene knew what is Jennie reffering to.

"She will say yes"

"And I have no doubt it's going to be true" said Jennie full of confident.

Somehow it made Irene smile when Jennie said that because deep down, her heart also said the same thing. It just she need to less assuming bad things will happen in the future.

She need to be more optimistic! That's what Taeyeon also told her. 

"If you're feeling nervous just take your time and take deep breathe. This time my guts is not wrong. She will say yes to you, Bae Joohyun" said Jennie. 

Just a simple encouragement is all Irene need and it already lift up her mood. A smile appear on her face because somehow she realized what Taeyeon said to her was true.

"Sometimes, human just need a simple encouragement words to make them happy. Usually, it could be either your closest ones or strangers"

For Irene, it happened to be her closest one.

"Thank you, Jen"

"You're welcome, Hyun. Oh? Oh! Alright. Hyun, I'm sorry but I have to go now"

"Alright, Jen. Talk later"

"Bye! And good luck!"

~~~

In the past, the least place she ever wanted to be was her own house. The house she built for her and for her late girlfriend. Despite that, she still pushed herself to live there. Why?

Because that place was the only place she felt so close with her. Again. It was in the past and will remain in the past. Human cannot stay in the past for too long. There will be time to move on and let the past be in the past.

Just like how Irene did. She never felt so excited coming home early from the office. It also her very first time going home before dark came which quiet unusual and weird at the same time.

Somehow, she so excited with this whole new feeling and vibe. First, this is a new thing for her. Second, she get to go home early. She so excited about going home early because now, her home is the only place where she will go at the end of the day.

Opening the door to her house, she can smell the familiar scent of vanilla. It's new actually because she doesn't like using perfume before and it was Seulgi's idea to use this scent for the room. 

Irene didn't say no because she told Seulgi to fill her house with everything about her and that scent is one of her signatures. A smile appear on her face. Just a small thing can make her smile now. How fascinating is that?

Walking to the living room, she can see some of Seulgi's thing spread on the floor...randomly. Irene chuckle at herself. Seulgi always have her things messy when she's working.

Also, Irene thought Seulgi is working at the office today. But seems like she work at home for today. Earlier in the morning, Irene had to leave very early due to office matter and so she was rushing. Since she doesn't want to wake Seulgi up, she left her a note on the nightstand. 

Seulgi didn't message her either which mean she's quiet busy too. Her girlfriend is as hardwork as she is. Seulgi would always say she learned it from her. 

Can't wait to see her girlfriend because after going through tough meetings at the office, the only thing that could lift her mood up is seeing her girlfriend and her fiance to be. 

She open the door to the place where Seulgi always work while she's at home, the room she made for her which located behind the wall in the living room, knocking at the door softly before she open it.

There she could see Seulgi sitting on the chair. Hands moving on the canva. Creating images and colors which came from her imagination. Back facing her but Irene know Seulgi is very focus right now since she didn't realize Irene's presence.

So, Irene initiatively surprise her by giving her a back hug which made the artist a little startled but relax upon feeling the very familiar hug. 

"You're home early?" asked Seulgi can't hide how surprise she is.

"Why? You sound so surprise"

"Well, because you never came home early and I know that because I used to be your secretary, Miss Bae" said Seulgi teasing Irene before she turn herself around and kissed Irene forehead before she hug her.

A very simple action but Irene always love it because it shows her how much Seulgi love her and this is also the reason why she always love to come home. 

Once she come home, she would always get this simple action from Seulgi and that is when she always realize she's finally home. Seulgi know how much Irene love it when she did this action. It just make her wanted to do that everyday the first time she did that.

It become their habit and unspoken rule between them. 

"Hmm...won't argue with that" said Irene and Seulgi smile.

"I looked up to my schedule and I saw that I didn't have anything after lunch. So I thought why not come home early" said Irene.

"Good choice because I'm quiet lonely at home today" said Seulgi with a pout.

"I thought you were at the office. But seeing your things so messy out there, I knew you're at home" 

Seulgi could only laugh. Irene always hate to see her things messy on the floor but she always been the most considerate girlfriend. She understand sometimes people have their own way to focus.

For some people like Seulgi, when their things are on the floor it doesn't mean messy at all. It's so tidy because for them, they can simply find the things they wanted to find despite being so untidy and randomly put.

Always been so fascinating when you learn about human's behavior. Irene asked about this to Taeyeon and she said human were born with their own unique ways of staying focus and keep their things tidy.

Because she learned that from Taeyeon, Irene understand Seulgi's behavior and never once they argue about that. Well, sometimes Irene always asked Seulgi to tidy them up because there is literally no space for people to walk. 

At the end, Seulgi always did what Irene told her because she also wanted to be considerate as Irene. 

"I will tidy them up later. Don't worry" Irene smile.

"I know. I'm just saying"

Being in each other hug have always been very comfortable. It will take a lot of time before they stop hugging each other and Irene realize that. That is why she initiate to pull herself.

Just to let you know, seeing Seulgi with her apron on and hands full of color splash randomly, it always been the most iest thing she ever seen from Seulgi. 

She would always take her time to stare at her girlfriend just to admire her beauty. Like she's staring at her right now and she couldn't hide her desire to kiss Seulgi.

Yet, this time she has to control herself because she hasn't pack any of her things for their flight tomorrow. And it always take a lot of time for her to pack her things. 

"I need to pack my things. You done already?" asked Irene.

"Yes. Do you want me to help you?" Irene shake her head.

"Just do your things here and I'll do mine. I will make dinner for us later" said Irene.

And Seulgi always unable to control her excitement when Irene told her she will be making dinner. Well, Seulgi always love Irene's cooking. It always very tasty. 

Seulgi grin like a child and give a peck of kiss on Irene's lips. Irene roll her eyes at how childish Seulgi look but she love it because her girlfriend look cute when she's being a child. 

"Do your things over there. I'll see you at dinner" said Irene.

~~~

The last time she went to Canada was around last year? It was for her business trip and she always go there by herself. Jisoo never went to her family house in Canada because back then, her family lived in Korea.

She still remember the first time she introduced Jisoo to her family. At first she really didn't want to introduce them because she and her family were in a really bad terms back then. But you know, Jisoo. She insisted which made Irene had no choice but to introduced them.

It went quiet well way than Irene expected. Honestly, she was dripping with cold sweat because she was very nervous and she was feeling a bit uncomfortable since that was her first time introducing her girlfriend to her family.

At the end, it went really well. Jisoo told her she was being extra worried when everything went so well. What could you expect? Irene has her own reason.

Today, will be her first time after years of being single introducing someone other than Jisoo to her family. Not introducing as her girlfriend but more as her fiance. Yes. Irene will propose to Seulgi tonight and tomorrow she will tell her mother and Wendy.

She booked a romantic private dinner at this famous restaurant she went one year ago for business matter. The place is quiet amazing with their modern yet classic decoration. 

Irene knew at that moment, this will be the place where she will drop the question to Seulgi. Also, she knew Seulgi will love this place. The girl love vintage stuffs and place.

So, here they are. Finally arrive in Canada after 11 hours of flight which they spent time sleeping and watching movies the whole flight. Right now they are full of energy.

Dragging their luggages, coming out from the immigration area, Irene told Seulgi she already rent a car but that idea is gone the moment they saw one familiar young woman with her short blonde hair. 

Irene can't hide but to roll her eyes. Her sister must had cancel her rental car. How did she know? Well, Irene never chose other rental car company so it's easy for Wendy to call the company and cancel her car rental.

The short blonde hair young woman wave at them excitedly. Seulgi gladly wave back and both young woman walk approaching Wendy who have her beautiful smile looking at them.

"Hi, Seulgi! I miss you! Been a long time since the last time we see each other! How are you?" asked Wendy while initiating a hug which Seulgi gladly accept it.

"I'm good! How are you, Wendy? You look amazing!" said Seulgi and Irene roll her eyes seeing the two young woman interaction. Before Wendy could even speak, Irene cut her.

Here comes jealous Bae Joohyun everyone.

"Ya. Aren't you suppose to be in the hospital?" asked Irene.

"Geez, woman! My patients will not die without me in the hospital for a day. I came here to pick you up and meet my best friend here! Been a long time since the last time we see each other in person" said Wendy.

"I rent a car already! You cancel it didn't you?!" 

"You and you're ego! We have plenty of cars at home and it was all because of you. But you never use them while you're here. Can't you imagine how crazy you're girlfriend here, Seulgi?" 

Seulgi who didn't know how to react can only shut and Irene roll her eyes. Grabbing her lunggage and leave the two young woman behind.

Wendy and Seulgi look at each other and just smirk seeing the angry Bae Joohyun. Cute.

 

"You shouldn't cancel my rental car"

"Oh my god. Are we going to talk about this again?"

"Well, you canceled it without my consent! You should ask me first!"

"If this is about your money, they transfer your money back to your bank account. Why can't I pick you up at the airport huh? You're wasting you're money for something very useless. We have cars!"

"That is because I don't want you to interrupt me and Seulgi!"

"Oh please. Seulgi, am I interrupting you and Irene?" asked Wendy looking at her through the mirror. 

How should Seulgi answer to that question? It's a bias question! She's very confuse with these two people. Never once she encounter any fight with her sibling. That is because she doesn't have one. 

So...Seulgi completely confuse right now.

"Ermm..."

"Urgh! Forget it! Where's mom?" asked Irene.

"She's in Quebec. Be here by tomorrow morning, I guess"

"You guess? What is she doing there, anyway?" 

Wendy turn her head around with her eyebrow raising. 

"You're not the only one who own a company, Miss Bae" 

Irene yet again roll her eyes receiving the obvious answer from her sister. Their mother own a fashion company in Canada which she built it once their family move to Canada years ago.

Though Seulgi quiet confuse and clueless of what she should do right now, instead of asking question and do the talking, she prefer to sit on the back watching the two sister interaction. 

Somehow she find herself smiling at the two young woman sitting in the front seats. Why? Well, the last time they were together, they were fighting like it's about the end of the world.

But now, they are fighting like normal siblings. A cute fight because they both know each other for so long that they know each other behavior, preferences, jokes, and personality.

It's a heavenly view for Seulgi because this is what she want actually and what she dream she could have if only she had a sibling. Also, this is what Kim Jisoo wanted too. 

Sadly, she can't be here to see the changes in Joohyun's life by herself. Well, she deserve to rest after a very tough life she had back in the past. Seulgi would always whisper this to herself when she remember what Joohyun said to her about Jisoo put her trust on Seulgi to take care of Joohyun.

A reminder to herself that meeting Bae Joohyun was not only from Joy's help but Jisoo also contributed on it up there. Yes. An imagination, a dream, a belief. Human love doing that and there is nothing wrong with that. 

"Rest well, Kim Jisoo-sshi. Let me take care of Bae Joohyun right now. You can believe me...like what Joohyun said to me"

She smile to herself very satisfied with her life right now and love all the progress she did to finally here. Right where she is right now. Involve in Bae Joohyun's life and helping her to get better each day.

At the same time she can also develop herself with Joohyun's help. They both completing each other on their own way and Seulgi love what they have right now.

By that fact, she would like to get more serious with Joohyun and good thing they are here in Canada. Because there is something Seulgi wanted to do and had plan it very long time ago. 

"See?! We have plenty of cars yet you always chose to rental a car everytime you visit Canada! Why the hell you do that?"

"Please stop arguing about this. I want to eat" said Seulgi interrupting the two sisters, still arguing even after they arrive at Bae's House.

This is the first time Seulgi see Bae's house and to tell you the truth it is HUGE! Seulgi can't take her eyes off from the view she's seeing right now. Honestly, she cannot believe the sight she's seeing.

It's like she's in a magical land. No. More like she feel like she's inside a fairytale. 

A huge garden surrounding the house which located on the center of the garden. Not to forget the high fence protecting and securing the elegant, minimalist, and fancy house in city heart of Vancouver.

Seulgi can't believe such place actually exist because they way she would describe Bae's house it is exactly how everybody would look on cartoon's, fairytale, and princess story.

Irene been here a lot of time before. But in the past she only spent two years living in that house due to her bad relationship with her father and mother.

She decided to moved out a little sooner and live by herself while attended university back then. After she reunite with her mother two years ago, she actually need time to adjust with the new situation and envrionment.

Which made her stayed at the hotel everytime she came here for the past half month. Once she got used to the whole new situation and finally accepting the present, she decided to stay in the house everytime she came here for visit or work.

Her room still remained the same before but when she decided to stay here, she asked for a renovation for her own room. Which now her room kinda fill almost half of the second floor.

Irene went through some arguments with her mother about this but at the end her mother decided to gave up due to Irene's hard headed behavior. Her mother understand her oldest daughter a lot and she just let the girl do whatever she wants.

Meanwhile, Wendy doesn't really care about it. As long as her room remain untouch, she's okay and Irene completely respect Wendy's privacy. 

"Welcome to our house" said Wendy excitedly before she open the door to their house. 

 

First epilogue! Well, one is never enough for me so how about two epilogues? Three? LOL. I've been busy with my study lately and didn't really have the time to make new story and continue the epilogue. But I will have holiday day after tomorrow until weekend then will start again Monday next week. Anyway, here is a sneak peek of the epilogue and please wait for another epilogue chapters. Cause again, one is never enough for me. Enjoy!