Shopping

Home

What could be more confusing other than choosing the perfect outfit you need to wear in order to look presentable at work? What could it be? Oh well, for Seulgi choosing outfit of the day is a lot easier than handling Miss Bae.

After what happened during the charity event, she has been contemplating whether she should call her boss and ask her if everything is alright. But does she really need to do that?

Maybe for the sake of her mental health and her job she should be doing that. Otherwise, she will be stuck with confusion during her work. Nevertheless, she never call her.

Why? 

Because Kang Seulgi is just a scaredy cat when it comes to Miss Bae. Currently she has been thinking how to act okay infront of Miss Bae when obviously she's not okay at all.

She want to talk about what happened and probably say sorry? When obviously she shouldn't have apologize since she was doing what normal people would do right?

Defending someone when you thought other people opinions are completely wrong about that person. Seulgi just did what she thought was right but why Miss Bae seems very bothered with it?

She doesn't have the answer to that and right now, she's waiting by the elevator door in the lobby, thinking of any possible way to be absent today. But she can't.

There the beautiful, elegant, and charming Miss Bae Irene. Coming out from her car in the lobby entrance. Wearing beautiful all white outfit for today. 

Seulgi clear . Make sure that her voice is loud and clear. And of course as normal as possible since Miss Bae look like she's not going to talk about what happened in the charity event.

So, here she goes.

“Good morning Miss Bae” said Seulgi as always greeting her infront of the elevator.

Like always Miss Bae didn’t answer and walk inside the elevator with Seulgi. A good sign? Well, yeah. She obviously never greet me back, so... this is a good sign, thought Seulgi. 

“And your third meeting at four-“ Seulgi was reading Miss Bae schedule when suddenly Miss Bae cut her. 

“Can we cancel that meeting?” Asked Miss Bae cutting her.

“Uhmm...it’s a meeting with the marketing department, Miss Bae”

“I know. So can we cancel it and move it to the next day?” asked Miss Bae demanding like always.

“Tomorrow you are full”

“We can do it until midnight. Move it to the next day” 

. Seulgi curse to herself. Miss Bae is a woman with words. She mean it when she said we can do it until midnight. At the end she nodded and move the meeting to the next day. Next she need to inform the Director of marketing department about the sudden changes.

If Miss Bae move the schedule to the next day, what will she do at four in the evening?

“Miss Bae. Do you have other schedule that I’m not aware of?”

The elevator door open and they walk side by side. Seulgi still wondering what schedule Miss Bae have at four in the evening. Well, she’s her secretary so that’s her job to know.

“I’m going shopping” said Miss Bae as she stop infront of her office room.

“S-shopping?” Asked Seulgi kind a surprise.

“What? Jennie didn’t teach you that part?” said Miss Bae before she get inside her office room.

Well, . Miss Bae was damn right. 

 

Shopping. For what she knew, Jennie never told her about that part. All she knew was that Bae Irene never go shopping. She bought clothes online by herself and she will do it once she's at home. Never once she go to the store.

So...what is she suppose to do? Calling Jennie would be very helpful. That’s what she did...but Jennie didn’t answer her call.

Seulgi is left with confusion and her mind has been very busy with questions. Such as what she have to do? What store she should call? What brand Miss Bae always wear? And stuff like that. Making her so hard to focus during the meeting which made her almost forget to give Miss Bae the summary of the second meeting.

“What is my next schedule?”

“Meeting with the event team. Your launching event will be next week on Monday, Miss Bae”

Irene nodded and walk back to her office room as always. But before that,

“Miu Miu” said Miss Bae standing by her door office.

“N-ne?” Asked Seulgi a little confuse.

“Find the nearest store. We’re going there”

We? Again Seulgi was left with confusion and lot of questions. Why Miss Bae getting even more mysterious after what happened in the charity event? Gosh. 

“Ya Seulgi-ya!” 

“Wendy? What are you doing here? You’re not suppose to be here!”

Wendy walk towards her with a smile on her face. She look like she doesn’t care if Miss Bae know she is here and decided to kick her out. No wonder they are sisters. None of them really put much care to each other.

“It’s lunch time. I thought that rather than eating alone how about I ask you to eat lunch together?” 

“Mmm...” Wendy chuckles and show Seulgi a plastic bag full of fried chicken and sujebi.

“I brought sujebi and fried chicken” 

And there is no way Seulgi would decline the offer though she still have many things to do on her desk. Wendy knew her weakness.

 

“Irene is quiet busy today right?” 

“When is she not busy? Even during weekend she still work!” Said Seulgi complaining which make Wendy laugh.

“True! She’s a workaholic!”

Seulgi just smile a little and continue to eat. Wendy seems to notice how low energy Seulgi is. Usually she would talk alot. Either it's about work or arts.

Like always, though her personality is kinda annoying, Wendy is very good at taking care of other people. 

"Is Irene giving you a hard time, Seulgi?" 

"Hmm?"

"Well, it seems like she's giving you hard time. You know I could talk to he-"

"No. Really. I mean yeah she is a tough woman to handle but overall working with her has been really fine actually. I just have this question you know?" 

"What is it?" 

Seulgi bite her lips whether she should ask Wendy about this. Considering the two sisters are not really in a good relationship. Not that Seulgi know anything about it.

She just guess since Miss Bae has been mistreating Wendy and they seems never talk more than two minutes. One minute is alreayd a miracle for Seulgi to know.

"You can ask me about Irene, you know. We might not be in a good relationship but I know her. She's my sister after all" said Wendy. 

Maybe Wendy's right. They're still sister. Despite their not in a good relationship doens't mean Wendy don't know anything about Miss Bae.

"Well. Is Miss Bae love shopping?" asked Seulgi.

That question actually make Wendy raise her eyebrow. Wondering why the hell Seulgi asked her that question.

Wendy's confusion is too clear for Seulgi. The way her face was saying 'What the are you asking?' is too obvious for everyone.

"Uhmm...well Miss Bae told me she wanted to go for a shopping. Jennie-sshi never told me anything about Miss Bae doing her own shopping. Going to the official story" 

For someone like Seulgi it would probably very new. But for someone like Wendy and Jennie, they both know Irene rarely go to a clothe store for shopping. 

Like she always said. She's too busy for that. Irene prefer to do shopping online rather than spending her precious time to go to official story. But sometimes she would go there in some circumstances.

But Irene rarely go to a party. Even if it's an important Gala party and stuff, she prefer not to go or send her secretary instead of her. So Irene going for a real shopping is very rare.

Maybe that's why Jennie never told Seulgi about it. Just like Seulgi, Wendy seems very surprise knowing her sister would actually get out from this 20 building to shopping.

"I'm surprise. Did she told you wich official store she want to visit?"

"Yes. She said Miu Miu" 

"Oh my god. That's her favorite brand. . Is my sister really going out for shopping?"

Before Seulgi get to ask further question, Miss Bae is like a mosquito. She's everywhere. 

Just before she could ask more questions to Wendy, Miss Bae storm out from her office room. Face remain flat as always the moment she saw Wendy and Seulgi sitting infront of her office room.

Sensing the awkward situation, Seulgi take a drumstick and offer it to Miss Bae. But her action only make her look like a fool because Miss Bae just walk pass her.

She look at Wendy to ask her what's going on but Wendy just shake her head.

"She can't eat chicken, you know"

"NEWBIE!"

 

"I want us to be very strict with EXO. I don't want any bad rumors interrupting our launching event. Please put extra attention to them. Make sure they have clean and good reputation for the pass one month" said Irene before she end the meeting. 

Seulgi follow Miss Bae right behind her, getting busy with all the meting summary she made and give it to Miss Bae after her last touch.

Getting back to her office, Miss Bae remain quiet as usual and Seulgi look at the watch only to be surprise it's almost four in the evening. Miss Bae would kill her if she know she's about to get late for shopping.

"Miss Bae your four o'clock schedule is in five minutes" said Seulgi feeling abit cautious at how Miss Bae will react to her.

Instead of scolding, Seulgi receive the very famous silence treatment from Miss Bae. As usual of course. The CEO went inside her office room and Seulgi was left with confusion.

, thought Seulgi. She forgot to call Miu Miu for a special appointment for Miss Bae.  When she was about to call, Miss Bae got out from her office.

Seems like Miss Bae was getting all her things before she go for shopping. The more Seulgi look at Miss Bae, the more she find the young CEO really interesting.

Yet she still can't forget about the charity event. The question is do they need to talk about it? Or just leave it in the air? Act like nothing happen when obviously it bother Seulgi alot.

But Miss Bae just make it even more difficult for her knowing the young CEO is very good at pretending and acting, Seulgi doesn't know what's running inside her mind.

"Miss Bae, is it alright if I-"

"I booked the store already. Figure you might not very familiar with this stuffs," said Miss Bae before walking pass Seulgi. 

A sign for Seulgi to follow her behind. Miss Bae clearly said 'we' hours before when she said she's going for shopping. So technically, Seulgi is invited.

But why? 

Well, her job is to handle everything related to business stuffs and arranging Miss Bae's outfit of the day. That's it. Going for a shopping is not in her job desk.

Yet, she can't denie. After all, Miss Bae have all the command and she must obey if she still want to live. No. If she still want to pay her mother's debt and finally gain her freedom.

So, Seulgi and Miss Bae got into the car and drove to Miu Miu nearest store which only require ten minutes of driving. 

Like always, the car fill with silence. None of them talking and busy with their own minds. Since Seulgi figure that Miss Bae would want some silence after a very long day at the office.

Too much noises could bring stress and perhaps a little silence would help Miss Bae to relax abit. But then, something magical happen during this car rid. Something Seulgi wouldn't thought Miss Bae would able to do it.

"Thank you," said Miss Bae at the back sit.

Seulgi who seems abit confuse feel the need to look at the back from the front mirror. Miss Bae isn't calling someone. She was looking at the car window. 

Staring at whatever object outside the window car. 

Obviously, she was talking to either the cauver or her. Maybe she was talking to the cauver whose name is Kim Bum. So she decided to ignore it. But then Miss Bae speak again.

"For defending me" 

That's when Seulgi finally realize Miss Bae was talking to her and reffering to the charity event she thought they won't get the time to talk about it.

Hearing Miss Bae actually said thank you to her sounds very...awkward and odd....yet she felt her face smile a bit. Miss Bae can be nice, noted.

Before she can answer, the car finally stop infront of the store and Seulgi have to get out from the car and open the car for Miss Bae. She follow Miss Bae behind her only to stop infront of the building.

She's admiring the beatiful decoration of the building with wide windows displaying their brand new collection. Very glamorous with all the light shining inside the store.

Seulgi smile alittle before she walk inside the store following Miss Bae who already had one of the employee greet her.

"Good evening, Miss Bae. We heard alot about you and having you here is an honor for us," said the employee.

"Thank you for the warm welcome. Now, can I see your brand new collection?" 

"Sure, Miss Bae. We have everything organize at the back and you can choose whatever fit your preferences. Please follow me"

So...you guys probably wondering why the hell the famous Bae Irene decided to do shopping. When obviously she would rather spend her time in her office, dealing with business stuffs and prefer to ask her secretary or her maids to buy the outfits.

Well, if people really thought she's a maniac workaholic woman it's true. But she's not a robot. She still a human. So the question is why the hell she decided to go for shopping today?

Of course there's a special event coming this weekend and she feel the need to look for the outfit herself. Why she prefer to do shopping online or ask her maids or secretary to buy her outfits?

Because well though she doesn't want to admit it, she actually trying to avoid people. People recognize her and probably will throw hate comments and stuffs.

Talking about her finally got out from her office to do shopping. People always thought she's a workaholic so she doesn't have time to do shopping. Which is right but wrong at the same time.

She love shopping so much but to satisfied people thought about her, she prefer to do online shopping. Also to avoid her pictures being taken and uploaded online.

Trying to avoid the attention. That is also the reason why she book a special appointment at the store. Preventing people to come to the store and see her do shopping.

Special appointment allow the customer to have the store by themselve. No interruption from outside people. Basically the store become your own for four hours. 

And that is enough time for Irene to pick her own outfit.

So what kind of outfits she's looking for?

"This is our new spring collection. If I may know, Miss Bae" asked the employee which catch Irene's attention.

"Are you going to attend a party or it just for your daily outfits?"

"I'm going for a party" said Irene with a small smile on her face and the employee nodded.

"Well if that's the case, we have some recommendation for you to wear. This dress is one of them" 

Meanwhile, the secretary look like a lost girl inside the store. She has been looking around the store and keep looking at the price tag. Wondering how could all those outfits have high price.

Of course being here make herself feel so small. Knowing even her salaries this month won't be enough to buy one of their outfit. She even try to remember if she ever have one outfit that have the average price in here.

But of course she found none. Joy would have one actually since she's rich. So being here completely make her like a lost puppy. 

Looking at Miss Bae from far, she can sense the elegant from Miss Bae. With her beauty it only make sense she could get all the special treatment so easily. Everyone is envy with her beauty.

But never once Seulgi saw Miss Bae take advantage for her beauty. Not even now. She use her power for the special appointment. For reasons Seulgi doens't know what and would prefer to stay quiet about this.

Even now Miss Bae prefer to look through thousands of outfits by herself. Finding her own outfit that fits with her interest. Looking at Miss Bae back, Seulgi wonder how could the back of Miss Bae told her everything?

From being a very powerful woman to a very normal woman? Earlier in the car, Miss Bae sounds so sincere with the thank you. She wonder if what happened in the charity event was just Miss Bae reflect.

Reflect on protecting herself from the outside world. Like she has been hiding and keeping high walls from the outside world. And she never meant to offend Seulgi.

It was just her way of protecting herself from the outside world. What she mean by outside world is the people. The people that giving her hate comments and stuffs.

Maybe? Seulgi is not very certain about it because Miss Bae never confirm it with her. 

While Seulgi is busy with her own thought, Irene who found the outfit she's going to try it turn her back and found Seulgi staring at her. Seems like the secretary didn't realize they were actually having eye contact.

Actually, she didn't come here to look for her own outfit. That's why she told the newbie to come with her.

"Please help my secretary find her own outfits. Make sure it fits for a party. Figure she might not really good at choosing outfit for herself" said Irene before she walk inside the fitting room. 

Seulgi thought that Miss Bae need something that's why the employee came up to her. But to her surprise,

"Miss Bae asked me to help you find your outfit, Miss. So do you have anything in mind so that I can help you find the outfit that fits with your preference?" 

What?

"What?" asked Seulgi kind a surprise and the employee just smile.

"Well, perhaps I will find the one that suit for you. Please follow me"

Before Seulgi could even say anything, the employee already walk away and she feel the need to follow her. 

 

"That will be all. Thank you" said Irene as she finished trying out her outfit. 

Once she finish, she wonder where the hell is her secretary. Since she is nowhere to be found, Irene was about to go to the cashier when Seulgi came out from the fitting room.

She's done trying out the outfit but something about Seulgi attract Irene. Something she has been trying to stop looking at and avoid. 

Somehow after what happened in the charity event, Irene has been eyeing Seulgi without the girl know. Well, she just realize how slow her secretary is and how naive she is.

That's what make the girl even more attractive and Irene barely could stop staring at Seulgi. But she still have control of herself. Thanks to Jennie who taught her.

Irene doesn't want to get caught staring at Seulgi and she quickly get herself back as the cold annoying young CEO her new secretary always thought about her.

"Miss Bae, this is no-"

"You're being too slow. Let's go" said Irene doesn't let Seulgi to finish her sentence.

She approach the cashier to pay for their outfit and the price doesn't sounds so surprising for Irene since it's normal for her. But it is far from normal for Seulgi of course.

Once she heard the price number, Seulgi couldn't help but to stop Miss Bae from giving her card to the employee. Which surprise Miss Bae since Seulgi have her hand grab Miss Bae wrist.

Surprise with the sudden move and Seulgi being absolutely too close to her, make Irene felt the air suddenly away from her lungs and her cheeks felt like burning.

, am I blushing?, thought Irene.

Realize what she had done, Seulgi pull her hand away and bow. , what am I thinking?, thought Seulgi. 

"I-I'm sorry Miss Bae. B-but you don't need to pay for-"

"You can't afford it. After all you have to come with me this weekend. So it's best for you to wear a proper outfit to the party. I think you might not have one since you always borrow Miss Park's outfit. Don't ask. I know Miss Park outfits. We share the same preference on outfit brands" 

Another surprising news rom Miss Bae. Wait. Miss Bae and Joy...are what? Seeing how Miss Bae knew Joy's preference in fashion it only mean they really are close.

Not just CEO and director but are they friends? Did they go out together sometimes? Well, Seulgi know her best friend very well. Joy is a playgirl since high school.

But....no. If Joy have a relationship with Miss Bae, she would have told her about it. 

"We hang out sometimes. Me and Miss Park are basically friends. So stop with your nonsense thought. I don't want any misunderstanding about my relationship with Miss Park" said Miss Bae like she knew what Seulgi have in her mind.

After paying for the outfits, they got out from the store with Seulgi's hands full of Miss Bae shopping bag and hers. She imidietly give Miss Bae's belonging to Kim Bum who greet them the moment they got out from the store building.

Since work hour is over, it's time for Seulgi to go home and so is Miss Bae. Irene is about to get inside her car when she stop. 

While obviously Seulgi is ready to bide goodbye and say goodnight to Miss Bae since she probably will grab a taxi or ride a subway to her house. Or maybe call Joy to pick her up.

But like Miss Bae full of surprises, what Miss Bae say next surprise her.

"Get in. I give you a ride home" said Miss Bae.

"N-no thanks, Miss Bae. I-I can ri-"

"It's night. Not safe for young woman like you. Get in before I change my mind" said Miss Bae didn't let Seulgi argue more.

And since Seulgi hate making Miss Bae pissed off, she obey. Though she feel uncomfortable having her own boss giving her a ride home.

Eventually the car ride is quiet as usual and when they finally arrive at Seulgi's and Joy's apartment, she said thank you to Miss Bae and say goodnight and thank you for the outfit.

But before Seulgi could go inside her apartment, Miss Bae car still stay there. She wonder if she still have her things left behind. But to her surprise, Miss Bae window went down.

Revealing the young beautiful woman with her typical straight face turning her head to Seulgi. 

"Goodnight Seulgi-sshi" said Miss Bae and Kim Bum drive away.

Leaving Seulgi with completely confuse with what just happened.

Today event just give her a lot of thoughts that occupying her mind. Leaving her with questions and curiosity about Miss Bae. The more she work for her, the more she don't understand who Miss Bae is.

She can be so cold but at some circumstances she can be...soft. Seulgi wonder what kind of past Miss Bae encountered. Seems the past really determine her behavior today's.

Did she really get herself wanting to involve in Miss Bae life? Apparently she starting to give interest to it.

oh .