Interview vs Talking

Home

"Hi, Miss Kim. I was going to meet Miss Bae and give her this. But I don't get to see her in the pre launching event earlier"

"Miss Park. Actually I was about to go to your room and asking you the the current deal of our collaboration" 

"You got yourself lucky, Miss Kim. Here I give you the final deal for our collaboration. Hope it will satisfy Miss Bae" 

"She always depend every deal to you, Miss Park. Seems like she trust you alot" 

A smile appear on Joy's face after receiving a compliment from the second top hot woman in this company. Sadly, she already have a girlfriend. If only she met her quick enough, she would probably make Kim Jennie her girlfriend.

But maybe faith didn't let them fall inlove with each other. How sad.

After the pre launching event finished, she was about to find Miss Bae. She didn't get the chance to talk to her CEO because she is very busy monitoring the whole event. Making sure that everything went well and right on schedule.

It is her main job to also make sure everything going well for every event their company hold. As the director of the company, it has been her habit to make sure everything goes well in the field.

She want to monitor the event herself. Of course it was never been her job desk but she volunteer herself for it and Miss Bae would always praise her for that. Not just praise but Miss Bae would always give her compensation for her hard working.

By raising her salaries and give her extra days for holiday vacation. Some of her peers are jealous and envy of her. Some says she's an attention seeker. But whoever had work with her before knows how she can't stand still in her office room.

"I heard you're going to resign. Who would fill your position? I bet Miss Bae wouldn't let you leave" said Joy.

"True. But I insisted and she agreed but in one condition. I have to find a replacement to fill my position that really represent me in every ways. Do you know where I could find that person?" 

Joy couldn't think of anyone for awhile. She thought about some agency that could provide a very capable employees to fill in Jennie's position. But then a sudden crazy idea come into her mind. 

Would it be a crime to help her friend finding a job that is far away from her skill? No. Of course not. Seulgi would be the perfect person to fill this job. She can adjust very well. 

More importantly, Seulgi can handle someone like Bae Irene...right?

"Actually, I have a friend and luckily she is unemployee now since the company she worked went bankrupt. Would you like to meet her? I can introduce you to her if you like"

"That would be perfect, Miss Park! I could save more time finding the perfect person to fill my position and I could walk out from this workplace sooner!" said Jennie jokingly.

Joy laugh along with Jennie. She knew she was just joking because Joy knew Jennie love her job so much just as much as she love Bae Irene. Joy knew they both are best friends.

Just like she is best friend with Seulgi and Yeri, they share the same amount of love and intimacy. Joy knew how much Jennie meant for Irene because Jennie has always been with Irene since the beginning and Irene would never go anywhere without Jennie.

Like her life depend so much on Jennie. Because it's true though. Jennie is very capable on handling schedule time, making notes for meeting, and being a good best friend for Irene.

What she is doing for Seulgi, is just the same thing to what Jennie do to Irene. Be there for her and be a good best friend.

But Joy never thought she would received lots of dirty words from Seulgi the moment she told the monolid girl.

"ARE YOU ING CRAZY? WORKING AS HER SECRETARY? YOU WANT ME TO BE HER SLAVE?"

"You told me you want to work in a office! Wearing formal dress! Meeting lot of people! This is your chance, Kang Seulgi!"

"Joy! Open your eyes! I don't fit to work in that big company! I don't even have good experience to write on my resume!"

"This is not about your resume, Seul! Once Jennie said yes, Miss Bae wouldn't disagree with her. Just relax and try to learn new things! This is a good opportunity for you! They will give you big salaries that could cover your mother's debt!"

"Wake up, Joy. I'm majoring in arts! By the time they see me, I will be out before I even speak for myself"

"Don't be pessimistic, Seul"

"Well I am!"

Joy sigh. 

Seulgi always been like this since her life ruin by her own mother. And Joy can't blame her for being like this. She is trying to survive in a world that is so cruel to her. Yet she has no thought that what it mean by survive is conquer the whole world until you have enough of it.

But Seulgi didn't understand that. What she mean by surviving is, get money for eat and to pay her mother's debt. Meanwhile, for Joy, surviving is explore her skills and dig deep into the world. Finding what's best for her and for other people.

That is surviving for Joy. Well, maybe they both were born in a different way and was raised different way. But it doesn't mean Joy can't teach Seulgi how to survive. 

"I'm trying to help you. This is a good opportunity for you and a win-win solution. You get your money, pay your mother's debt, then I can make sure you live your life the way it suppose to be"

"You mean by being a slave is what my life mean to be?" said Seulgi raising her eyebrow.

"Come on, Seul. Where are you going to get a job?" 

"I don't know! But I will surely find it" said Seulgi trying to sound so positive yet she cannot hide the unsureness behind her tone.

Joy raise her eyebrow and folded her arms on her chest. Sure she is not satisfied with what Seulgi said to her. Nope. It won't change anything even if Seulgi reject her offer now. Seulgi will meet Jennie and that is final.

After all, this is not about being a slave. But it's because she's going to meet Bae Irene. Her long time role model...no. Not role model actually. Seulgi hate her actually. For being born rich and pretty. She envy her.

Bae Irene for Kang Seulgi is like her long time enemy. Trying her best to compete with each other. Seulgi should be competing with Bae Irene. Something that Irene didn't know and notice and probably didn't care about it. Kang Seulgi should be competing to be who is the most richest young woman in this era.

Not ended up being her secretary or she prefer to call it slave. But despite all the rejections and reasons Seulgi told Joy, the director wouldn't take no as an answer. So here she is, sitting on the chair right infront of the woman name Kim Jennie after going through big argument with Joy back in their house.

"You're coming or not?" asked Joy.

Seulgi groaned. Like if she have any choice to choose.

"Care to dress me up?

For a girl who dedicate her life for art (which is something she didn't want to at first) make her have no preference for any kind of outfit. She just took whatever exist in her closet. 

While for Joy, as the director she need to keep herself well present, neat, and look good infront of clients and her employees. It is something she have to do to impress someone and to show her professionality.

Since Seulgi doesn't have professionality running in her blood, she doesn't know how to dress properly. Though she always said she want to work in a formal office, she never buy anything formal!

No dress, no blazer, no heels. The moment Joy opened her closet earlier, she knew, Kang Seulgi life really is a mess. And so Joy have to lend her some of her clothes for Seulgi.

The young woman ended up wearing a off-white shirt with white long pants and a belt. Joy let Seulgi's hair fall neatly, a little bit wave from the middle to the end and bangs covering her forehead. While for make up, she let Seulgi do natural look.

After all the quick change, Seulgi suddenly look very well presentable. But she can't stop feeling a bit awkward. Joy told her to look confidence because that would increase the way people look at her. Something that would bother her sometimes during the night.

"Just act normal, Seul. She won't kill you"

"She will kill me with those scary stares of her"

"Have you met her? How do you know she have scary gaze?" 

Seulgi quickly turn her head over to Joy and show her surprise look. Which obviously make Joy chuckle and laugh because she was teasing the artist. Seulgi didn't know the whole situation and trying so hard to understand it because right now all she can feel is nervous.

Seeing her best friend look so damn nervous is something she always see everyday. But the different today, she is nervous for something positive. Not being nervous and scared for debt collector coming to their door and asking for payment.

Suddenly the door open, revealing a young woman with her gummy smile welcoming Joy and Seulgi in the room. Walking towards them with so much confident that Seulgi feel the need to bow 90 degrees to her. This young woman is not Bae Irene.

"Hello. I'm sorry for being late. Need to take care of the CEO first before coming here. Hi. You must be Kang Seulgi, the artist" said Jennie offering her a hand for hand shake. 

Seulgi take her time to look at Jennie's hand before bowing and hold Jennie's hand for handshake. This is what it feels to work in a very formal workplace. Very tight and strict even when it's time to introduce yourself. Somethng very different to what Seulgi did back in that small company.

"My name is Kang Seulgi. Nice to meet you, Kim Jennie-sshi" said Seulgi sounding like a robot which Jennie found it quiet funny.

Yes. Seulgi is nervous which making her look like a robot and sound like on too. While Joy just chuckle.

"Please take a sit" 

Seulgi do what she was told to do and Joy could only chuckle seeing her best friend like that. She sure is very nervous and stiff for this kind of thing. Well what she can do? Seulgi always think herself at the bottom of the social status.

For Joy there is no social status. It just what people projected in their mind. Everyone can be the same if they work hard, pray, and always hope. Meanwhile, Seulgi lack two out of three. 

"So, tell me about yourself, Seulgi-sshi"

 

What could be more happier than seeing someone you are so close with came back after being away for such a long time? Yes. You're family. Picking up your family in the airport and fnally you could embrace them into a hug after having video call all the time.

No. Certainly not the kind of thing Bae Irene used to do and not something she like to do. She would like to put it as a disaster in her life when it is something related to her family. Especially her mother. Tell her she's an ungrateful daughter but you guys don't know her whole stories.

So, don't judge her, don't look down at her, don't pity her. She is not worth all of that because again, you don't know her and you don't know her stories. Its best to stay out of it and be gone before Irene make you leave instead. 

Jennie clearly said she need to pick up her mother and her sister at the airport. But Irene won't be there and presence only to say hi without having arguments with her mother. So, she always try to avoid everything related to her mother. Especially picking up the old woman.

Instead of doing what Jennie told her, she told her cauver to pick them up. While she remain at the office and stay up all night. Getting her fingers busy on the keyboard. Typing the report she have to make and practicing her speech for tomorrow press conference regarding their collaboration with the game company.

Then she will occupied herself with other work such as her agenda meeting and the current issues inside her company. She gather all the information she need until night almost turn day.

That is the time when she usually arrive at home. Opening the door to her house, she would walk towards her room and clean herself before going to sleep. Skipping dinner meal as always.

Until the next day she woke up and do the exact same thing she did like her everyday routine. But the different is, the moment she walk down the stairs a girl she knew very well already sitting in the dining room. Eating the food that should be her breakfast. Bae Irene have no appetite to eat breakfast anymore after seeing that girl.

"You're finally awake! I was wondering when you are awake. Come and have breakfast!"

"Barging in without permission from the owner is consider a crime, Son Seungwan" 

"Hi, sister! Long time no see! I miss you so much. Come here and give me a hug!" said Wendy sarcastically. 

But Bae Irene ignore it and is ready to go out of her house when Wendy speak again.

"Mom is very mad last night! You didn't pick us up at the airport"

"I'm busy"

"You always are"

"Goodbye!"

"YA! I'm not finish here!" yell Wendy.

"But I am" said Irene answering her friend back.

Bae Irene hate her sister just as much as she hate her mother. 

Going to work as usual, greeted by her employees down on the ground floor and there is Jennie waiting for her by the elevator as usual. Both of them went into the open elevator.

"You didn't pick them up yesterday"

"Hmm" said Irene shortly and Jennie shrugged it like it's a normal thing for her which is yes actually.

Since they are in the right topic, Jennie took out her Ipad and read Irene's schedule out loud inside the elevator. Irene had read them briefly in the car ealier but sometimes she would miss one or two of her schedule since she didn't quiet read all of that.

Just before they arrive at the 20 floor and Jennie finished reading all her schedule and Irene had memorized all of it in her mind, Jennie make sure Irene hear this and make sure the girl is prepare for who is waiting for her when the elevator door open.

"You're mother is here. So be prepare and please deal with her nicely"

A soft sigh and a lazy look on Irene's face could be seen the moment Jennie said that. No. She's not surprise at all. Why would she? That old woman never stop bothering her when she's here in Korea.

Something that never change.

The elevator door open and reveal the old woman Jennie was reffering to. Jennie like always bow to the old woman, while Irene just look at the woman with lazy eyes. Didn't even mind the cold stare from the old woman.

"Good morning, Mrs. Bae" said Jennie.

"Good morning, Jennie. I really hope my daughter have the same attitude as yours" said Mrs. Bae glaring at her own daughter but Irene ignore her and walk pass her to her office room.

"She still rude like always"

"And you're visual never change, Mrs. Bae. Always pretty as usual" said Jennie pleasing Mrs. Bae to entertain the old woman. Oh, Jennie knows how to please someone. She is very good at it.

"Well, thank you Jennie. You are the same like always. Very good at making my day better. Unlike Joohyun. I was hoping she change a bit when I'm gone but it appears she never change. She's not willing to change, is she?" 

Jennie just smile and lead Mrs. Bae to Irene's office. Once they got into Irene's office, the young Bae already sitting in her chair, getting her eyes busy with the paperworks she need to read and sign. 

While, Jennie assign Mrs. Bae to sit on the sofa where usually clients sit or Irene's guests came to visit. She already asked her assistance to prepare warm teas for Mrs. Bae and Irene. 

Before she leave, Jennie come up to Irene and lean down a bit to whisper. 

"Try to treat her nicely, okay? And you wouldn't mind keeping your mother busy with you while I'm going to see my replacement, okay?" said Jennie which earn a cold glare from Irene.

"I prefer to see your replacement then talking with my mother" said Irene and Jennie shrugged it off before leaving both Bae's inside.

Hoping they will talk nicely and no temper come between the two of them. Something that will never happen even after Jennie pray for it and hope it never happen.