The meeting

Home

Hi! Just a quick update. I would like to tell you that I'm not really in a good condition lately. Not physically but mentally. That is why it took me awhile to finally update the story. But to let you know I'm on the progress to finish this story. Also I am happy many of you love this story despite many lack in some aspects of my writing. I'll make sure to update faster depends on my mental health. Lately someone really disappointed me and it really give effect on me and I am also not feeling like myself. With university pressure and many tasks are given, I am having difficulties here. So...yeah...I just want to inform you guys why I haven't update lately. I'm alright guys don't be too concern. Soon, I will try my best to update daily. Alright, here we go.


“Welcome to New York Ms. Kang”

“Thank you” 

Honestly, Seulgi is not fluent in English. She barely speak the language though. Then why the hell she brave enough to go to a country she barely speak their language? 

To attend a wedding. She is invited to Jennie’s wedding and this is the least she could do to repay her kindness. After all, she can meet Miss Bae because of her.

Talking about Miss Bae...she can avoid her if she want to. Well she know Miss Bae will be in the wedding too. Of course Miss Bae won’t missed the wedding. 

Jennie’s her best friend after all and she know Miss Bae enough. Or...just a bit. Anyways, she know Miss Bae won’t abandoned her best friend wedding. She didn’t know exactly if Miss Bae know she is invited to Jennie’s wedding.

But nevertheless, if it’s time for them to meet what can she do? Avoiding Miss Bae? She know she can’t do that forever. Not when her heart is still for Miss Bae. 

Well, maybe the proper question is she ready to meet Miss Bae? Should she be honest? If that so then the answer is no. 

Okay you can judge Seulgi whatever you want. Tell her she’s a ing hypocrite. Make Miss Bae believe she will wait for her and be there for her. That is true though. But Miss Bae never knew the truth. Kang Seulgi is just like her. A woman with words.

Her honest answer is real. Is she ready to meet Miss Bae? No. Why? She told her she will wait for her but then why she's not ready to meet Miss Bae? 

This is another honest thought of her. She's not ready...to get rejected by Miss Bae...twice. After all...doesn't it make sense if she's acting like this? The one who asked for time was not her. It was Miss Bae.

So it will make more sense if Miss Bae approach her first. Not her. She should be the one who approached her since that's what she said before. That she need time to fix everything and soon if she's ready she will open herself. 

Ever since she left the office, everything seems to be fun and less complicated. Why? Because Miss Bae is not in the picture for the whole 7 months. Now when Miss Bae came back to the picture, she almost forgot how complicated everything is when it comes to Miss Bae. 

But maybe this is not the right time to think about Miss Bae. She's in New York for sake. It is one of her dreams to visit this country. Well, who wouldn't want to go to New York City? 

Perhaps she will deal with Miss Bae later. For now she need to enjoy New York. She came here with her own money. The money she earn with her paintings and also her wages from when she worked at Bae’s company.

She should enjoy the bonus she got from her hard work. Finally, after waiting for so long, she finally gain back her strenght. After years hiding behind her darkest life, now she able to paint again.

Her first painting went wild in the market. She wonder if Miss Bae saw her painting. Because well, Miss Bae told her she want to see her painting. But maybe she’s too busy with work. Like she always do.

No worries. No hard feeling. For now she just want to enjoy New York by herself. Ah. She need to check in to the hotel. Jennie-sshi insisted on paying her the hotel room.

She said it was one of her hospitality. After all, Jennie is the host and hospitality is a must. So she called a cab and go to the hotel.

“Taxi!”

 

"May I know your purpose on coming to New York City, Miss Bae?" asked the imigration security.

Elegantly, she took of her sunglasses and smile at the security guard.

"I'm attending my best friends wedding" said Irene in fluet English. 

The security guard nodded and he can't hide how amaze he is with the beauty infront of him. Might as well take a picture with her but he know he can't do that.

"Congratulation to your best friends. Hope the celebration go well" Irene smile as she take her passport before saying,

"Thank you"

"Welcome to New York, Miss Bae"

Yes. Welcome to New York Miss Bae. She heard that greeting many times before. Well, for someone like Miss Bae, New York obviously one of many countries she had visited.

This is the place not only for shopping but a lot of her business partners are here too. She was thinking to expand her business to New York but then she changed her mind.

Other than New York, the world has many other countries with good potential for her business. So sadly, she need to throw away her thought about New York.

Despite doing business, New York also the place where Jisoo always wanted to visit. It's a place for classical music and orchestra. While it also the place where arts such as painting live. 

But going to New York just to watch orchestra and visit art exhibiton cost a lot. It would be better if she have business here and once a month she will visit New York for business matter and at the same time she can also visit art exhibition.

Something she never get to experience with Kim Jisoo. Well...that was in the past now. For now she need to enjoy New York. Been very long time since the last time she visited.

One thing she always do when she come to New York. That is to rent a car. She wouldn't want to ride a taxi not because she's a CEO. No. That's not the point. Taxi cost in New York is damn expensive and she would like to reduce that cost.

After all, calling a taxi in New York is very tourist thing. So, once she took her lunggage she went to the counter where she able to get her car key. Once she received the key, she suddenly remember she hasn't turn on her phone yet.

The moment she turn on her phone, she can notifications from Jennie on her phone screen. Which made her almost drop her phone the moment she read Jennie messages. 

I forgot to tell you. You're room is right next to Seulgi-sshi. Make sure you use it well! Welcome to New York, Miss Bae!

Faster than lightning, she call Jennie right away to confirm what she saw was right and wasn'ther imagination at all. Kim Jennie is crazy.

“Kim Jennie, you're ing crazy!”

"Hello Jennie! I arrived in New York safely! How are you? Are you sane enough for tomorrow's wedding?" Irene rolled her eyes upon hearing her best friend answered her sarcastically.

She doesn't have the time to chit chat right now. The fact that Jennie literally said she's putting her room next to Kang Seulgi is not funny at all.

"I want to change my room!"

"I can't, Hyun. The whole hotel is booked already"

"I’m not in the mood to joke right now okay?"

“I am not joking! The whole hotel is booked for my wedding and I can’t have my wedding organizer to change your room. It will create chaos and also it's not ethical you know that right? Some of my guest already arrived since yesterday. So there is no chance for you to change room" 

“Jesus, Jennie! Putting my room next to her without my consent is illegal!”

“Oh nonsense! You’re talking about illegal as if you’re a lawyer! You’ll be thankful to me later. Bye I need to go!”

“Jennie don’t you end the-“

TUT TUT TUT

“Aish!”

She was about to threatned Jennie that she will booked a room for herself in different hotel. But she know Jennie won't believe her. Jennie knew Irene doesn't want to create trouble with her.

At the end, Irene sigh. She gave up.

Make sure not to get Jennie or someone that exactly like Kim Jennie as your best friend. Irene just arrived in New York and she haven’t got the chance to see her phone. 

Her plan was to sleep in the airplane which she did. She was tired due to her work and before going to New York she went to Jisoo first.

So she didn’t really get the chance to rest until she get inside the plane. Jennie landed in New York yesterday and she already booked hotel room for her guests. Including her actually. 

Irene can book the hotel for herself but Jennie insisted she will book the hotel room for Irene. After all she is Jennie’s guest. But she never expected or perhaps she was too naive to not expected Jennie will arrange her hotel room next to Seulgi.

She just found out about it when she open her phone and see bunches of messages from Jennie. . Jennie literally drop the bomb right after she landed.

you, Kim Jennie. Irene wish she know Seulgi’s departure time but she didn’t. Which left her hanging in confusion. Whether she should go to the hotel and check in or just go to the place she always wanted to go. No. To the place she wish she get to see the painting together with Seulgi. 

So which one she choose? Check in...gosh. She can check in with her phone. Well the chance on meeting Seulgi in the hotel is higher than the place she want to go.

Unlike Seulgi (she’s not trying to underestimate Seulgi’s finance although fun fact she barely managed to survive before she worked at Bae’s company. Irene just know about it after Seulgi quit), Irene had been to New York multiple times before.

So, basically she know everything about New York. 

The chance on meeting Seulgi there would be very low than the hotel. Okay. She’ll go there and since taxi in New York queit expensive, Irene rent a car for her to drive. Yes. She have international driving license. The perk of being the most richest young business woman.

Anyway, she prefer to ride by herself in New York rather than taking a cab or rent a cauver. When it’s about New York, all she want is to have some privacy. At least she can get one while she’s in New York.

So she cannot waste her only chance to be alone. After all, it’s New York! Who wouldn’t want to spend "me time" in New York anyway? 

As she get out from the airport, heading to the parking lot, there she can see the car she rent. The key was put in the airport facility and now she can finally enjoy her "me time" for awhile.

“Hi, honey. Ready for a ride with me?”

Perhaps not a lot of people knew that Irene love cars. That is why she have lot of cars. For collection of course. The one she rent of course the one and only, Tesla. She love electric cars.

Irene always baby talk her car when she’s alone. Anyways! As soon as she turn on the engine, Irene drive the car to the place she want to go. Hope her prediction is right. If she is wrong then just hope she can still manage a normal conversation with the young woman. 

It doesn’t take long for Irene to arrive at her destination. Somehow it felt weird to come here by herself when she never bring herself to an art gallery. Is it weird? Yes. Awkward? Definetly.

Awkward for Irene to realize out of all places in New York she chose to come here. The reason is because of that young woman of course. The young woman that has been keeping her mind busy. 

How is she? Will they get to talk to each other tomorrow? Or maybe she will accidently meet her at the hotel? Are you hoping to see her right now, Miss Bae? Maybe?

Then what do you want to talk about with her? Don’t talk about topic. Irene is positive she won’t be able to say a single word when they meet each other.

Perhaps the question you are looking for is that does Irene ready to meet Seulgi? After preparing herself for one week since Jennie told her she invited Seulgi. Did she prepare herself during that one week? Of course the answer is no.

Is it going to be surprising if Seulgi still wait for Irene to open herself and once they meet again Seulgi will open her arms widely like she has been waiting for this day to come? 

Surprisingly no. Irene doesn’t know why but she thought it was very Kang Seulgi. The old Kang Seulgi would probably do that but she didn't know that Kang Seulgi has change. And she's too dumb to not prepare herself for that.

She's too confident that Seulgi is still the same and she's too confident that she believe she still able to predict Kang Seulgi. After all, she still remember what Seulgi said to her. Seulgi looked and sound so confident about that.

“Don’t worry Miss Bae. I’ll keep my promise to wait for you. I will always be here when you need me, Miss Bae. I won’t be far from you.” 

But she never saw her. Even when she take time to look around her surrounding, Irene never saw her. Weird how she felt like Seulgi is staring st her somewhere around her. At place where Irene unable to see Seulgi with her bare eyes.

Disappointed? A little. Well, it was her decision after all. But then why Irene never get the initiative to approach Seulgi first? She know she was wrong and everything that happened it was all because of her. It was her fault they come to this state. 

So why Irene never call her? Because Irene is not ready. Honestly she’s torturing herself. Saying she's not ready when obviously her psychiatrist told her the best way to forgive the past is to try something new. 

But well, Irene has her own thought about it. Why despite that fact, she still believe she's not ready?

First, she had hurt her in terms of feeling.

Second, she asked the girl to wait for her. But even until now she hasn't reach her out. Leaving her hanging like she always do.

Third, she pushed her away...gently.

So there is no way a sorry is enough for Seulgi. 

That’s the reason why. Well, you guys know Irene. She always full of herself and believe she is always right. When in fact, she's not.

 

Kang Seulgi. Seems like dream never stop coming as long as she still alive. After achieving her dream to host an art exhibition, now she's getting more greedy.

Well, Kang Seulgi is not Kang Seulgi if she don't have high dreams. So, what is her dream now? Her dream is to put one of her painting in this Museum next to Van Gogh's painting. 

Isn't that fascinating? To have her painting next to the famous modern artist back in the past? True she will get all the glamor and popularity if she have her painting hung up here.

But perhaps you should be asking this question to Seulgi right now. What does she want right now? What is her dream during this exact moment?

Coming here to this amazing museum...never she thought she would come here all alone. It reminds her of her first conversation out of work context with Miss Bae.

She used to imagine herself coming here with Miss Bae by her side. Still being her secretary...or perhaps more than that. Well dream doesn't always come true right?

So to answer the question about what is her dream in this exact moment is,

She hope she get to see this painting with Miss Bae by her side. Weird how life works right? Back then, she cannot wait to meet Miss Bae. The way that young CEO effected her back then was beyond than just nervous.

It was more than nervous coming to the office to meet her own boss. But it's more than just that. Nervous to meet your crush....yes. How about now? 

Well...the kind of nervous to meet a long time crush and still have that feeling inside your heart that make you very nervous and scared at the same time. Still willing to wait and wait but the feeling of scared and nervous to meet the truth...is stronger than anything else. 

The thought about meeting Miss Bae tomorrow is something Seulgi wanted to avoid. For the first time ever, she want to avoid Miss Bae. 

First reason, she doesn't know what she should say to Miss Bae.

Second reason, because she's scared Miss Bae still not ready and that she need to wait again and again. Well, it doesn't matter for her to wait. That's what she has been doing right?

Even when she’s busy with her own stuffs she still wait for Irene. She still wait for a call every night. Hoping that one day Miss Bae will call her and tell her she need her now. But that day never come. 

Third reason, she's afraid Miss Bae changed her mind and decided to stop trying then leave her hanging like always.

With those reason, Seulgi still keeping her promise though. Keep waiting for Miss Bae and while waiting for her, Seulgi create many things by herself and become successful right now.

She was hoping to get some congratulation from Miss Bae for finally achieving her dream. But it never came. Maybe she love the wrong person? Or she was putting high hope on Miss Bae?

The answer always remain unknown. Well, everything related to Miss Bae always been hard to understand and quiet complicated. Even left her hanging.

But...does Seulgi missed her? Of course. Everyday. Every god damn hours. She missed Miss Bae. Every single thing about Miss Bae. Does she wish to meet Miss Bae?

Of course. She wonder how she look like right now even when she frequently saw Miss Bae on the tv. Well, she's a famous young CEO so it's easy to see Miss Bae on television.

She thought the chance to meet Miss Bae will take a long time but...it's faster than she expected. Tomorrow. Wow. What she should say to Miss Bae? Or should she just...ignore her? No. It would be rude.

Kang Seulgi has changed yes that's correct. But it doesn't mean she forget about manners. No. Ignoring Miss Bae will create even more problem. Maybe...hello? Then what? 

Oh my god. After months had pass how can things in the past remain unchange? This things....also happened in the past. Where Seulgi would argue with herself and struggling with her own decision.

Whether she should do that or not. What kind of words she should say? Will Miss Bae mad at her? Kang Seulgi may change in some part of her but there are things she could never change.

Her love for Miss Bae and the anxiety she get when she's thinking about Miss Bae.

Seulgi sigh. This painting should be meaningful. But upon her arrival here, somehow the painting lost its meaning. She chuckle at herself for blaming the painting when it's a thing.

It didn't do anything wrong. It just there. Hung up on the wall doing completely nothing. It's Miss Bae effect...she guess. With her last glance, she turn away and decide to look around other painting.

Hoping she could get idea for her next paintings.

 

The ride to the museum didn't take that long for Irene. Because well she love speed. As soon as she arrived there, she get out from the car after she parked it in the underground parking lot.

She already bought the ticket online so all she need to do is to scan the barcode on her phone and get inside the museum. It was her very first time coming to this museum.

In the past she never get the chance to visit the museum due to her hectic schedule. She never thought she would come here by herself though. She used to picture herself coming here either with Jisoo or Jennie.

Why Jennie? Well obviously she was her secretary back then and she will always follow her around. It does make sense if she come here with Jennie even when the woman is just the same as Jisoo.

Both of them dislike paintings. They can't seem to understand the meaning behind every abstract paintings. When Irene having fun looking at every paintings in that museum, finally she arrive at her destination.

The reason why she came to this museum is because of this painting. She took time looking at it. Amaze by the beauty of it and the meaning behind it.

Right. Funny at how she complaint at herself for coming here alone when she would picture herself coming here with someone else. She chuckle. Maybe she should be thankful. Just like how Seulgi said about her thought on this painting.

“Thankful. Even without you here, you still teach me to be thankful” whisper Irene to herself.

She has been looking at the painting for like half minute already. Yet she never get bored looking at it. Kang Seulgi changed her thought about this painting.

Wish she could see this with her. If only she wasn’t a heartless back then and not a coward, Kang Seulgi will probably standing by her side right now.

For once, God actually hear her wish. Maybe Jisoo asked God to grant Irene’s wishes. And this is one of them. 

As she turn around about to walk away from the painting, her eyes spot a very familiar young woman among the crowds. Standing there also looking very surprise.

Like she has been caught for standing there this whole time without even try to greet her ex boss. Is Irene mad? No. Because the distance between them is what she need right now.

With this distance, she able to stare at the young woman. From top to the bottom, Irene try to study her. Stare at her and one thing she always get from staring at the young woman is she remain the same.

Seulgi still look amazing as always. When she said Seulgi always lack of confident, now Irene can see another side of Seulgi. She’s wearing a white t-shirt underneath her black leather jacket and a black long pant with boots covering her feet.

Kang Seulgi look stunning and amazing. Her monolid eyes remain the same only that those eyes show more light than before. 

As for Seulgi, Miss Bae would always look the same. Only that Miss Bae look more skinnier than the last time they saw each other. Seems like there is some changes on Miss Bae. She look different from when she's on the television.

Without both of them realizing, they took small steps toward each other. Walking straight, ignoring the crowds inside the museum because all they want is to close the distance between them now.

Didn't Irene said she wasn't ready? Yes. That's true. But she cannot resist Seulgi's charm. That goes the same to Seulgi. Seems like the fact that Miss Bae had hurt in the past doesn't apply now.

For Seulgi, Miss Bae still glowing like always. Does Seulgi missed Miss Bae? Of course she does. Everyday. But she isn’t sure if it apply to Miss Bae too. 

“Good evening...Miss Bae” said Seulgi.

 

Out of all places in New York, she never expected to meet Miss Bae in an art gallery. She thought Miss Bae never come to art exhibition before if it wasn’t because of her. 

So she thought there won’t be a chance for her to meet Miss Bae. Because maybe...just maybe...she would never come to this place because Miss Bae want to forget her.

It just her random thought. You know how Kang Seulgi always been selfless when it comes to Miss Bae. But her thought was wrong and Miss Bae is the living proof.

After looking around the musuem, she thought she would take a last look at The Starry Night painting. So, she decided to go back to where the painting is.

Once she found the painting she’s been looking for, she can see that familiar figure just from far away. Her back facing Seulgi and it always been easy for Seulgi to discover Miss Bae among the crowds.

Remember how she could easily found Miss Bae among the crowds during her launching event in the past? Miss Bae would always be shining among the crowds even when Seulgi could only see her back.

Rather than running and avoid the young woman, Seulgi was dragged to her by Miss Bae charm. 

No one able to resist Miss Bae charm. No one. Even after Miss Bae hurt her, Seulgi would always find her way back to square one. But of course she could never forget the day she left Miss Bae. 

It was her toughest decision but she had to. To give Miss Bae space for herself and a chance for Seulgi to start a new life as an artist. Hopefully both of them will achieve what they want and fix whatever need to be fix. 

She also hope that one day Miss Bae will reach her out when she's ready. But that day never come. That day never come even when she waited for Miss Bae call ever day, every night. Until today.

“Seulgi” said Miss Bae.

She thought she would never hear her name being called by Miss Bae. Not after she let the young woman thought she broke her promise. When the truth is she never broke her promises.

Seeing Miss Bae after months pass away, it always felt like the first time they met. Silence but comfortable. Well, maybe their first encounter wasn’t good since basically Miss Bae talked to her with her cold tone. 

But that day, was the day where her heart skipped a beat for Miss Bae. The day she felt the air being away from her by the beauty infront of her.

Miss Bae always have those effect. And Seulgi always felt that even when they met almost everyday back then. 

“H-how are you?” 

Okay. Honestly, Seulgi thought she would be the first person to open the conversation. But surprisingly, Miss Bae broke the silence. Something never change.

“Good...I guess? How about you Miss Bae?” 

Good? I guess? You just showed yourself unable to forget Miss Bae, Kang Seulgi. Maybe she intended to do that. Beside, Seulgi always want Miss Bae to at least notice her feeling.

This time she try to test Miss Bae. If anything changed after months of not seeing each other.

That is a tricky question. What should she answer? Good? No. Of course not. She never was! Her mind always playing with her because of Seulgi.

Then is she suppose to say the truth? Or what? Okay. Irene is still at this. Maybe it’s her habit and she really need someone to tell her what to do. Usually, Jisoo would guide her but with Seulgi...she's confuse.

Because Seulgi never told her how. She just...giving her hints she never noticed before. Now? Maybe she can?

“Are you sure?” Instead of answering the question, for the first time ever, Irene decided to be selfless. For Seulgi.

Did Seulgi expect that question from Miss Bae? No. She thought Miss Bae would answer the obvious question. Surprisingly, Miss Bae didn’t answer the question. Like always, still giving her questions instead of answer.

Seems nothing change much.

 

 

 

“No. I’m not sure”