First Day

Home

The unstoppable beeping keep making annoying sound as it asking the owner to ger up and turn t off. But the owner didn’t seem to be bother with it.

It’s 06.12. The time where she should probably get up if she still want to live. Like an Angel who would always come to the rescue, a sudden force open the door to Seulgi’s bedroom.

“ARE YOU GOING TO ING LAY DOWN HERE ALL DAY?!” Asked the tall young woman who already dress neatly for work.

Seulgi who is never ready for Joy annoying morning routines, fall down her own bed and groan. Sometimes she hate Joy and ask herself why she agreed living with Joy from the start? 

“Wake up er! You don’t want to be late for your first day as Miss Bae official secretary!”

Miss Bae official secretary. That sounds so annoying and frustrating. Well that’s the truth though.

Seulgi never thought the end of the month will come this fast. For the pas few weeks as it is the last remaining weeks for Jennie’s to work as Miss Bae secretary, Seulgi has been doing almost everything.

More like she was doing all Jennie’s work most of the time. Though Miss Bae will be nice towards her, well that is completely a lie. Seulgi would prefer to say Miss Bae has been very tough on her.

Jennie-sshi would sometime remind Miss Bae to act nice but that’s just it. The rest of the day, Miss Bae is just Miss Bae.

The young CEO would always be a burden to her. Seulgi realize the CEO never have rest. Well actually she already realize it before but she never thought it woild be this tiring.

Following her all day long. Either it to the meeting, events, or her private meeting. What was more frustrating for Seulgi to handle is Miss Bae sister.

Surprisingly the blonde short hair girl she saw on the first day of her training was Miss Bae sister. They don’t look alike but well sometimes even same blood can have differences.

Her name is Wendy or she prefer to be call with her Korean Name. Seulgi prefer to call her Wendy since she introduce herself first with that name.

Shortly, Wendy has been giving Seulgi a very tough time. It seems Wendy came to Korea because she’s having a break with her job. That is as a doctor.

A neurosurgeon to be exact. Seulgi never thought a doctor can take a break when obviously there is a lot of patients need to be cure.

Nevertheless, that’s not the reason why Seulgi having a tough time. Wendy has been coming to the office almost everyday.

She’s not visiting her sister obviously since Seulgi knew Miss Bae is not really fond of her sister. The frustrating thing is that Seulgi doesn’t know what that girl come to the office for!

Miss Bae would always giving her the intense glare to her and Wendy. Glaring like today is the death of both of them. But nevertheless she never done that. She was just simply...quiet and her face look very annoyed pf course.

The job was easy for Seulgi. But dealing with Miss Bae behavior its what bothering her. Though she haven’t officially her secretary yet but Miss Bae already giving her a very hard time. Mentally!

“Is it really today?” Ask Seulgi still trying to get up.

“Of course it is! If not why would I bother yelling at six past fifteen minutes in the morning?”

“You sound veri excited”

“I AM! Come on you lazy mother er! Get your up and let’s enjoy the morning breeze before you meet with the devil!”

“You’re calling Miss Bae the devil. Do you hear yourself?”

“It’s because you called her that! Come on!”

It would be nice if God suddenly change the date of today. Weekend will be fantastic.

 

Everyday has been her routine. Waking up from her own bed inside her most comfortable bedroom, which are the only place she can be herself. She can do anything she want without even care what people say about her.

No. She never care of what people say about her. She was just saying it because...that's what normal people do? Or not? Who cares? She doesn't even know how to live a normal life.

For her maybe this is her normal life. Waking up at the usual time. 07.00am. Walking to her walk in closet, grab the outfit that have been prepared by her maids last night. 

Then go to her bathroom, clean herself up, wear the outfit for today. Since today she will be having an important meeting with the shareholders. Today outfit she will be wearing her baige blazer for her outwear, an oversize white shirt beneath it and a white dress down until above her knees.

Like usual routine, she would call Jennie for a little update for their current stocks in the market. A usual routine in the morning if she have a meeting with the shareholder.

So she grab her phone which she put on the table beside her bed. Dialing Jennie number. What surprising her is that normally Jennie would answer her call at the second ring. But it appears the girl answer a little longer than usual.

It takes about five ring for Jennie to finally answer her call and Irene is ready to bomb her with questions.

"Hello?"

"Why aren't you answering my call sooner? I need updates for today's stock. You do know we're having the shareholders today. You're being weird today. So how long are you going to sit on your side of the bed and do nothing?" asked Irene didn't even give Jennie a chance to speak.

"Hello? Ya! Aren't you go-"

"I'm not your secretary anymore, Irene" said Jennie.

Irene thought Jennie was joking and she was about to answer the girl back when suddenly Jennie cut her before she even get to speak.

"Seulgi will be your offical secretary fron now on. Have you forget about that?" asked Jennie.

Suddenly, everything seems to get more make sense to Irene and she sigh heavily. Realizing how she had forgotten that Jennie officially not her secretary anymore since today.

What's more annoying is that she's wasting time calling someone who is no longer work for her. What a good way to start her day. It really annoys her to death.

"Sorry. Did I wake you up?"

"No. You know how weird that question came out from you mouth. You do realize that right?" Irene sigh. She know Jennie was joking but why does it hurt her to hear that came out from her best friend mouth?

Maybe it's because in fact, she never asked Jennie about her days before. Never even bother to ask how her relationship with Lisa. By the time she was about to ask it's too late. 

All she knew before was Jennie and Lisa are still girlfriend and girlfriend. Then all of a sudden Jennie came up telling her that she's going to marry Lisa. 

She did lag alot of things around her. How rude and selfish she is for only thinking about herself and not Jennie. Maybe by her accepting Jennie's resignation letter is the perfect way to return the time she took from Jennie.

The time where Jennie should have been by Lisa side and get all romantic before they finally tie the knot. Realize what she had already took from Jennie only make her sad and guilty.

"I got to go"

"Hey, Joohyun I-"

"Goodbye" said Irene as she end the phone call.

As usual she would go downstairs to eat her breakfast but unlike the other day, she feels like today is the worse day ever for the past few years. 

With the fact that she have new secretary and then her family cameback from Canada which is really unnesscary for them to came, none both of it feel exciting and happy for her.

It just annoying to know that there sitting very comfortably, her sister, Wendy, eating the breakfast that were made for her only. Now she don't have food to eat. She have plenty actually but she prefer not to eat breakfast at all because she lost her apetite upon seeing her sister sitting there casually.

"Mother kick you out from her house?" said Irene didn't even bother to get close to Wendy.

She went inside to the kitchen to grab a bottle of milk and pour it to the glass she prepare.

"Of course not! Why would she do that to me?" 

Irene didn't bother to answer because she don't feel the need to answer. 

"I always love eating breakfast at your place because the food here is a lot tastier! You sure you don't want to eat, Irene?" 

Irene doesn't have to answer because Wendy already know the answer. She ignore Wendy presence and get out from her house as quickly as possible. She have no time to talk with her sister.

It will only waste her time and drain her enegery for today. Today will be a very tiring day for her to deal and sure she doesn't want to waste her energy on someone like her sister.

So once she got out from her house, she is greeted by Kim Bum as always. He open the back door for Irene and like always she would get inside and sit nicely at the backseat.

Thought she finally could breathe some air inside her lungs, she was wrong. Because the next thing she knew, the other side of the back door of the car open and she can see that familiar face grinning at her. Still with amount of food inside .

"What do you think you're doing?" ask Irene sounded so pissed off by the presence of her own sister.

"I-I'm going....to....your off-ice...too" 

Irene sigh. Wendy could have ride her own car there. After all, she see Wendy car being parked right behind her car. Anyways, again she doesn't want to let her sister presence bothering her even more and wasting her time any longer.

For the whole ride, Irene get herself busy with her iPad. Looking through her schedule and today's meeting agenda. Staring at it, oddly it still feels like Jennie's work.

Shouldn't the new girl already working with it by herself? Or is this hers? Irene doens't know and she doesn't want to waste her time thinking about something useless like this.

So she continue. Oddly, her sister who are sitting beside her are quiet. Very unusual for someone annoying like her. But Irene shrugged it off because silence is what she need right now. 

"Where do you find Kang Seulgi?" suddenly her sister ask. Why would Wendy ask about her? 

Right. She forget how Wendy has been coming to her office not for her obviously. She came for someone else and that is for her new secretary, Kang Seulgi. 

To be honest, though Wendy work as a neurosurgeon which are highly respected among other doctors, behind those white coat she would wear in her daily life at the hospital, Son Seungwan a.k.a Wendy is a playgirl.

A jerk for Irene to say. So Irene obviously know the reason why she keep on coming to her office. Of course not to visit her but to visit her secretary. They did grew attach to each other.

Wendy would threw Seulgi some of her move but never once Irene see Seulgi being amaze by it. Not that Irene always keep her eyes on Seulgi. It just one horrible day at the office, she came out from the restroom and saw them together in the hallway.

Irene wanted to shrugged it off since she never like whatever her sister is doing. She prefer not to pay attention to her sister business. But Wendy voice is too damn loud for Irene to not hear.

"Would you like to go out and have a dinner with me?"

"Why would I?"

"Oh well because I saw you having really tough time with Irene. I may want to ease your pain. I know Irene can be a pain in the sometimes. Or everyday actually!" 

It did made Seulgi laugh and Irene didn't mind if her sister talking about her behind her back like that. She's used to all of that. 

But sure she is not used to what Seulgi said next.

"She may be a pain in the sometimes but that's her job. Or else this company wouldn't work without her, right?"

Irene thought Seulgi hate her. Well, Jennie told her how Seulgi constantly said she hate working with her during their conversation alone. A refreshing moment as what Jennie want to say about that. 

She said that everyone who will work with Irene should at least have time for themselve if the don't want to go crazy by the time they officially work for Irene. Ridiculous as Irene heard about it but she shrugged it off.

Though Seulgi said she hate Irene in their conversation her action speak differently. She has been working really well.

Thought she will be having the worse secretary for the first time ever, considering her new secretary came from art as her background, it won't be easy to be her secretary.

Considering there will be a lot in her plate and Irene is not sure if Seulgi able to keep up with her pace. But surprisingly, she did and doing pretty well.

But never once she ever say good job to her. Irene is still not satisfied and happy that someone else is filling Jennie's position. 

Does it bother her? Yes. Very much. Moreover with the fact that since Wendy first encounter with Seulgi, her sister would always come to her office when she can but obviously she can. She's in holiday.

Their relationship bother Irene. Why? Because she want Seulgi to work and work. Like Jennie always did back in the days. And also she want her sister out of her sight. 

"She's pretty you know" added Wendy since Irene isn't answering her question.

"Kim Bum" suddenly Irene call her cauver.

"Yes miss?"

"Stop right there" said Irene pointing towards random pavement on the side of the road. 

Confusing yet Wendy slightly know what her sister going to do next. But she pray her sister is not that bad person she thought she is.

Or maybe she is wrong because Irene has always been evil towards her since the day she was born. So there is no hope for Wendy to see a nice and kind Irene.

"Get out" said Irene as soon as Kim Bum stop the car.

"Ya! I'm going to your office too!"

"I said get out!" said Irene.

This whole thing just making her day even more miserable than it already has. Seeing how serious her sister is, Wendy decided to get out. She need to save her own .

And the car drive away, leaving Wendy behind shaking her head. Can't believe how her sister still hate her after all these year.

Meanwhile, in the car Irene have her head leaning on the backseat and sigh. She can't believe a month with Jennie's puppy following her around and with her sister keep on showing her face at her office can be such a burdensome for her. 

She could slightly feel a headache but it wasn't because of them. It was because she haven't eat anything since yesterday. Too much of workload that she doesn't have the apetite to eat anymore. 

She will ask her new secretary to buy something later.

Not long after that, she finally arrive at her office. Not being late as usual. Just like other days, the employees would show respect to Irene by bowing to her as soon as she got off from her car.

Walking very elegant but with strong steps, she went to the elevator greeted by her new secretary. Newbie she call her.

The newbie have this smile which Irene know she probably faking it. But she didn't think about it. Everything from now on will be different. Without Jennie inside her office will be very suffocating for her to breathe. 

She just hope this newbie won't bother her and annoyed her.

"Miss Bae, I would like to inform you after the shareholders meeting, you uncle has resquested to meet with you privately"

"Where?"

"At Sangrila Hotel, Busan" 

Deep down she sigh. She was thinking of having a lunch time all alone with herself. But seems like her uncle want to see her and she should accept the request. She respect her uncle more than she respect her mother.

"Tell him I'll be there at three" said Irene.

Seulgi quickly take a quick note.

 

On her first day of work, Joy can't seem to be more excited than she is. She has been talking about her plan for today. She said they should celebrate today's date. Since today is Seulgi official day of being Miss Bae secretary.

Oddly, she doesn't feel as excited as Joy are. It's not like she not grateful for the opportunity she get. But today is not different than the other day. She has been taking care of Jennie's job after the encounter with Mr Lee and Suho at the gold court.

But Jennie would still get her hands on it and sometime handle her job by herself. The pressure will remain the same. Nothing much. Or more it will be a lot worse than before.

Since Seulgi have no longer Jennie to help with her job and have no one to back her up. Or at least someone that would say "Good job today, Seul".

Without Jennie, she would never received those kind of compliment from everyone. It's not like she's hungry for compliment, is just that...you do get that kind of feeling when someone compliment you for doing a good job right?

Like all of a sudden the burden and weight she carries that day is gone imidietly after hearing those compliment. As someone who came from art, compliment would be a perfect sort of happy drug to ease her heavy day.

Oh well, she should live with it while working for Bae Irene and that's what make today is less exciting. 

Arriving at the building, Seulgi rush to the 20th floor and get to work. She need to review about Miss Bae schedule for today and the agenda meeting for today's meeting with the shareholders.

She also need to check if the hospitality for shareholders later already prepare or not. For one hour she done all of that before Miss Bae arrive at eight in the morning.

Like Jennie had taught her before, she wait by the elevator waiting for the devil to come. Very unusual for her to look at the mirror to check herself. She's fixing her hair, her clothes which she are wearing a white t-shirt and a green pastel shirt for her outwear.

She decided to wear comfortable jeans and a pair of sneaker since probably today she will be walking around so much considering the busy schedule Miss Bae have for today.

Jennie didn't mind abouther wearing sneaker to work because that is exactly what she wear everyday and Miss Bae didn't mind at all. What important for her is that we doing our job properly. That's all what she ever ask for. 

So now waiting the elevator, after fixing herself through the metal door of the elevator, looking at her blurry reflection, once she's done she stand there waiting for Miss Bae to come.

Not long after that, Miss Bae car has arrive. She is hoping that her sister didn't come today and she can finally breathe properly because there is no Wendy behind her. 

Which is very relieving for her to know that because she doesn't want to deal with that girl anymore. After witnessing how Miss Bae looking at her so intensely and like she was glaring at her.

She doesn't want to encounter any awkward silence treatment from Miss Bae.

"Good morning, Miss Bae" said Seulgi but as usual, the CEO didn't even bother to greet her back.

In the elevator, Seulgi would read out loud about Miss Bae schedule and her meeting agenda. Though Irene already read it in the car, she need to hear it again to mesmorize everything and also make sure the newbie have it all correct.

But she always done that with Jennie and seems like Kim Jennie trained the newbie pretty well. Then as a secretary she would add more information and sudden meeting that hasn't been written in the schedule.

Like how her uncle suddenly asked to meet her. That is a request she couldn't deny. After all, she need to talk about something with her uncle. 

Coming back to her office, Seulgi didn't go in to Miss Bae room. It's a normal thing. She would go back to her office and wait for the time Miss Bae will call her.

But before she could even sit on her chair, the typical telephone sound ring loudly. That would be Miss Bae calling her to her office. As fast as the flash could run, Seulgi knock to Miss Bae door and get inside once the CEO told her to.

"What can I help you with, Miss Bae?" she asked.

"Where are the reports from the financial department? It should be here on my desk by this morning"

It's Seulgi matter. Sometimes she would miss something. As for today, she was too focus with the shareholders meeting that she forgot to take the financial report from the financial department which are one floor lower than Miss Bae's office. 

She curse herself inside for forgetting that and mentally slap herself for her own mistake.

"I'm sorry, Miss Bae. This is my fault. I will grab it right now"

"Didn't I told you to never miss something like this again? You're wasting my time to lecture you for your own mistake!" said Miss Bae.

Though the CEO didn't yell or scream at her, Seulgi still feel very intimidated and scared. Miss Bae said it very calmly but very firm at the same time. Even throw her shot of daggers from her eyes.

As ing scary, evil, and annoying Bellatrix Lestrange is, Miss Bae is more scarier than anyone else in this world.

Seulgi have to bow several times and say sorry to Miss Bae which only make the CEO  even more furious because Seulgi is wasting her time to hear her saying sorry.

Without waiting any longer, Seulgi withdrawn herself from the office only to bump a person she didn't know was there all the time. It was Jennie and like the world crashing down on Seulgi, she felt disappointed with herself.

Why? Because the person who taught her for the past three weeks saw how Miss Bae were angry at her for her own mistake. She felt like she had failed her instructor.

But since she doesn't want to make Miss Bae mad anymore, she excuse herself and rush towards the 19th floor.

Meanwhile in Irene's office, Jennie walk confidently and elegantly like a true CEO of Kim's entreprise should be. Coming here dress in all black and with hair being tied pony tail at her back, Jennie sure look very gorgeous.

Irene doesn't have the need to see who the person is because from the way the girl dressed, Irene can knew easily it was her best friend, Kim Jennie.

"Make it quick" said Irene.

"You're being harsh towards her without me in here"

"I don't. I simply said the fact"

Jennie sigh. 

"You don't have to dump your frustration on me to Seulgi-sshi. She's a nice person and a very diligent person. Well sometimes she make mistakes but it's just simply because she's human being. I also make mistakes and you forgive me"

"Because you're different"

"No. You're being nice to me because I'm your best friend. I know you never good with new people but at least try to open up with Seulgi-sshi. She's not bad as you thought she is"

"You sound like you want me to date her" said Irene.

"Ughh! You know how frustrating it is to deal with you. Do you realize that?" said Jennie finally letting out her frustration that she kept all these year.

"Do you have anything else to say?" asked Irene literally don't want to continue this conversation.

Jennie sigh. She know she still can control Irene if she want to but she decided it's time for Irene to be independent.

"Treat Seulgi-sshi well while I'm not here. I won't hesitate to eat you alive if I hear Seulgi-sshi resigning next month" threat Jennie.

Only to get an answer "Hmm" and the CEO continue with her own stuff. 

 

On the other floor, the girl rushing to the main office and ask for the financial report she should have take this mornig. It took abit longe than Seulgi hope and all those time she's waiting, without her realizing she has been biting her nails.

A habit when she is nervous and she rarely get nervous. 

Once she get all the reports she need to give to Miss Bae, she rush towards the elevator and get inside it once it open. Didn't even notice who is inside the elevator.

"Seulgi-sshi!" that voice is very familiar in Seulgi's ear.

Voice from none other than the devil sister, Wendy. Seulgi curse herself inside partly because why she have to meet Wendy today when it is not the right time at all?

She know how much Miss Bae hates it if her sister come to her office and it's even get a lot worse by Wendy talking to her. This is not good at all.

But maybe because Jennie taught her well, Seulgi can act very well now. With a smile that feel very force, she smile widely and greeted Wendy.

"Wendy-sshi. Visiting Miss Bae?" 

"Not really. What is that in your hands?" 

"Oh, it's nothing" Wendy simply nodded.

"I was wondering if you're free for lunch later. I doubt Irene is busy today, right?"

Oh man. What is wrong with this family? Clearly Wendy doesn't know a bit of her sister. Doubt she is busy today? There is no doubt in Miss Bae dictionary! She really is the busiest young CEO in the world!, thought Seulgi screaming to herself.

"Miss Bae will attend the shareholders meeting and then she will with he- your uncle" 

"My uncle? OH! You mean Uncle Wang! Is it okay if I join later? I miss Uncle Wang very much!"

Seulgi mentally slap herself. Did she just get herself kill? By her own stupid action? She know Miss Bae won't be please to see Wendy joining them later.

The meeting sure is about something very important. Otherwise, her uncle won't call her for nothing. Miss Bae won't agree too if her uncle meet her for nothing or out of business.

She really just dig her own grave for today.

What a good start in her first day as Miss Bae secretary. Fantastic.