The Park

Home

"Let me know how much and I'll make sure to lend you the money on Monday. I'm sorry for the sudden changes Kim Bum. I hope you understand"

"It's okay, Miss Kang. Seems Miss Bae really need some space. Anyway, drive safely" said Kim Bum as he bow and left. 

Seulgi bite her lips and sigh. Currently she's in the parking lot. The party still going but she decided best if Miss Bae go home now. Well, you're curious what happened earlier right?

For someone new like Seulgi, she didn't know what to do. Obviously she's scared that Miss Bae will get mad at her or yell at her for what she do. Like touching her and interrupting her conversation with Wendy.

But none of it happened. So what happened?

 

"J-Jisoo" 

Jisoo? Who the hell is Jisoo? Seulgi was confuse of who were Miss Bae talking about when obviously she's the one nfront of her. But then she realize Miss Bae gaze is empty.

Like she wasn't there at all. What the hell is going on is what Seulgi asking to herself.

"Just let her hit me, Seul!"

"Wendy it's not the time to do this, okay? Miss Bae is not alright" said Seulgi.

That's when Wendy inisiatively walk closer to Irene to observe her. She notice Irene were talking out of topic and her gaze...look so empty yet sad. 

"I'm not okay" said Irene.

Wendy realize Irene dazing off right now. Believe that the girl infront of her is Jisoo when basically it's her mind that playing with her. She's confuse right now. There is no Jisoo here.

Despite how angry and upset she is with Irene, she sigh. It's best that Irene went home right now. She's not okay obviously. Then she clap her hands infront of Irene.

Trying to get her back to reality. Even after years had pass, Irene still blame herself for what happened to Jisoo. Sure. Her sister is that kind of person who can't seems to forgive anyone so easily including herself.

"Irene. Irene. Wake up. This is Seulgi, okay? Jisoo's gone. Wake up!" said Wendy.

Suddenly Irene went back to reality as she see Jisoo's face is gone and replace by the beautiful monolid eyes looking so confuse at her. What happened? Did she just saw Jisoo?

Was it all just....her mind playing with her? W-what the hell?

Seeing how confuse and weak Miss Bae is, Seulgi decided to get her out from this party. Obviously, Miss Bae is not fit to enjoy the party until finish. She also need space from crowded places.

"I'll just take Miss Bae out from here. Sorry for today, Wendy" 

 

After the event happened earlier, Miss Bae has been very quiet. Whoever this Jisoo is, she must be someone very close with Miss Bae. That she seems can't get rid of her out of her own thought.

Wendy mention this Jisoo is gone. Gone which she mean as died? Seulgi wasn't sure. But clearly, Miss Bae need some space for herself only. So it would be better for her to drive the car.

Maybe Miss Bae won't be too comfortable with Kim Bum around. So, she asked Kim Bum to go home and that she will change his money for taxi. 

Right now she's inside Miss Bae's car. Driving to Miss Bae house safely. Miss Bae very quiet the whole time but Seulgi didn't complain. She didn't ask what happened either.

Clearly it's not her place to ask that but she can't lie that she's actually curious of what happened and who the hell is Jisoo. Again. She's just Miss Bae secretary.

Everything about personal stuffs is beyond her reach. She need to maintain professionality. Rather than asking Miss Bae, maybe she should ask Joy later. Perhap she know.

Not long after that, they arrive at Miss Bae house. But before she could even get inside the garage, Miss Bae say,

"Not here" said Miss Bae.

"N-ne?" Obviously Seulgi is quiet confuse.

"Take me anywhere but not here" said Miss Bae.

. Where to? Of course Seulgi doesn't know where she should be taking Miss Bae. The only place she been going for the last one month are office and her apartment.

Where else she would go when workload is ton heavier than her weight? But clearly she have to go. Anywhere but here as Miss Bae requested. Maybe she felt uncomfortable being alone in the house.

Or perhaps she doesn't want to be alone for now.

And so...where would Seulgi took her during this time?

.

.

.

There is only one place she can take Miss Bae. Also the place where she use to sit and reading book. Very calm and comfortable place. Hopefully Miss Bae won't mind if she took her to this place. 

 

What happened exactly? Irene had no idea at all. She saw Jisoo and she is exactly how she remember her. But it was all just her imagination. Her mind was playing with her.

Why? Though she hate to admit it, seems like what Seulgi did, her secretary, remind her of what Jisoo would always do when she almost lose control of her anger towards her family.

Her action trigger her memories. It's even more frustrating knowing she actually react to her imagination and respond to it. Everything that happened was so real. Jisoo smile. Still beautiful as always.

It was the perfect vision of Jisoo and her presence felt so real back then. How could she not respond to it when she felt everything that happened was so real for her.

Even though it hurt to see Jisoo, it gets even more hurt once Irene realize it was all her imagination. She believed it was her yet it wasn't and it hurt her so bad. 

Knowing the girl you love, the girl you once thought will be your forever, has gone. If only Jennie was here she would cry hard. But with Seulgi presence, she didn't know why even she's not crying, she feel comfortable.

Maybe because the secretary is not annoying? All she does was there for her. Just like how Jisoo would always do. Seulgi didn't ask her anything that could make her feel uncomfortable. 

She just there and the moment they arrive at her house, she know she will be alone in that big house. The house she built for her and for Jisoo. Sure it's not good for her to stay there. A lot of things would happen when she's alone at this state.

And she doesn't want to risk Jennie going to hospital because of her. So she need some distraction or perhaps someplace to get away from this place for awhile. 

"Not here" said Irene.

"N-ne?"

"Take me anywhere but not here" said Irene again.

She forget how slow her secretary is that she need to explain her meaning twice. But after all Irene realize she can depend on Seulgi. Where did Jennie get her anyway?

Well, to be honest Irene never look at Seulgi's CV because she let Jennie pick anyone who have the potential to be the next Jennie. She trust Jennie for it. 

Though Jennie managed to trained Seulgi exactly like her, somehow the more she saw Seulgi working the more she realize she is more than just the second Jennie.

She have something that Jennie doesn't have. What is it? Connection. 

She have connection with Jennie it just...the connection she have with Seulgi is...different. Somehow the way Seulgi make her comfortable is different from Jennie.

What's more weird is that she prefer to be with Seulgi for now rather than with Jennie. Something very new for her consider she need time to adjust with new people for like almost six month it's the maximum.

But for Seulgi, she only need one month. Weird how this girl Seulgi could change her. Almost like how Jisoo contribute in her life before.

"We're here" said Seulgi.

Irene didn't notice they have arrived. Seems keeping her mind busy really kill time alot. She look around the dark place with dimb light. What is this place?

"Don't worry. This is a park. A park I usually go to when I'm having alot in my mind and want to have some me time" said Seulgi.

She wonder if they still around Seoul. Because clearly she never been here before. How can she not know this place before?

"Hmm...it's like the hidden gems in Seoul. Not a lot of people know. Don't worry we're still around Seoul" said Seulgi assuring her.

Well then she should trust Seulgi since she's the one who asked her to bring her somewhere. It's not like she doesn't like this place. It just weird how Seoul still have green park.

When obviously the whole city has been full of high buildings. Knowing there still this kind of place or what Seulgi prefer to say as the hidden gems, Irene realize how she has been spending her life inside her office and at her house only.

She has been torturing herself all these years and she realize that. Never want to stop actually. 

Seulgi open the door for her to get out and that's when the cold wind hit her skin. Before she could even ask, she felt a warm outfit covering her body.

She stare at Seulgi abit surprise with her action but Seulgi just grin.

"You can use my cardigan. The wind is too cold" said Seulgi.

And just before Irene want to say again Seulgi cut her. Amazing how this girl can cut her so easily and yet she let her be. When usually she would get mad this time she didn't.

"Don't think about me. I'm warm enough, Miss Bae" said Seulgi sound so confident which make Irene hesitate at first but since the girl look so confident she let the girl be. 

It's been awhile since the last time she actually let somebody lead the way. Well, all these year she always been the number one person. Not that she like it but it's more like to complete her duties.

She's the CEO. Of course people would follow her around instead of her. But right now she let Seulgi lead the way in this hidden gem. Not very familiar with the place, Irene try to maintain her insecurity.

After all, she has been living inside her inner circle for very long time. That make her feel abit odd and awkward with this whole kind of thing yet at the same time feel very familiar.

She's out from her comfort zone. Just like how Jisoo did to her back then. Though she's not in her house anymore, seems like everything is related to Jisoo somehow.

The only different is Jisoo is not the person she's following. It's someone else. 

"You can sit here, Miss Bae" 

Seulgi point to the bench under the lamp post and Irene obey.

For Seulgi this whole thing is very strange. Seeing how Miss Bae can be so obedient when the young CEO would always ask bunc of questions befor she finally agree.

Weird for her but maybe Miss Bae just need some time after what happened earlier. So, Seulgi remain quiet. Not wanting those questions to disturb Miss Bae.

"Sit" said Miss Bae all of a sudden.

"Ne?" 

"Don't make me say it twice, Seulgi-sshi" said Miss Bae.

Seems like the soft Miss Bae has change back to her devil form. Cold tone yet somehow comforting and weird at how Seulgi could feel the sense of care behind Miss Bae cold tone.

Not wanting to wake up the devil, Seulgi sit right beside Miss Bae leaving some space between them. She doesn't want to make Miss Bae uncomfortable by sitting so close at her.

And there they are. Sitting in a park Irene barely knew or spesifically doesn't know it actually exist. Letting the cold wind fill the night air and sounds of sirene, cars, and people walking fill the silence.

To be honest this is much better than the silence in her house. Irene would actually very stress with the silence inside her house. But here despite none of them talk but the sounds of other thing make everything seems alive.

Very difference kind of silence.

It's been awhile since the last time Irene actually enjoy this kind of silence. She usually live with literally silence with no sounds at all in her house. Which probably make everyone asking question if there is people live there.

That silence actually represent Irene's life after Jisoo's death. No laughter fill the air, no smile, no arguments, nothing. The house she live in suppose to be her and Jisoo's.

But it's too late for that.

Why still live there? Because that's the only place she feel very close with Jisoo. After years has pass, it was her very first time seeing Jisoo. Or more like her imagination playing with her. 

It was her first time letting her weakness eating her infront of a lot of people. Which kind of embarassing yet make her realize how much she missed Jisoo.

She burried all those feelings deep to the ground. Make sure that no one could see it. But Wendy...Seulgi...they saw it. They saw how fragile she is and she hate it.

"I'm sorry"

That's the only thing Irene could say about earlier. Sorry? Why? Irene don't have the answer to it because she just feel the need to say it. 

Of course being the slow Seulgi she is, Seulgi remain quiet as she trying to understand why Miss Bae said sorry to her.

"You were surprised earlier. It never happen before so...it also kind a new to me" said Irene. 

"Ah...it's okay Miss Bae" said Seulgi.

"Everyone have their weaknesses so...thought it's kind a new but it's a fact that even the famous and strongest young CEO is not perfect like everybody thought she was" 

That...wasn't intended. Really! Seulgi said it out of her concious. . She realize she just made the biggest mistake in her life. But before she could show her apologetic expression, Miss Bae say something,

"Good to know" 

Huh?

Miss Bae seems to notice the confusion on Seulgi's face. When usually she let her answer unexplaine, weird how suddenly she decided to explain it. See how Seulgi have this power to make her do something she usually don't. Just like how Jisoo always did.

"People tend to seek for weakness and I don't let them find what mine's are"

As she thought about it back, people actually talk bad about Miss Bae. But the more she thought about it all, people were actually talking about the good side about Miss Bae.

Being so good at what she's good at but people saw it as her priviledge being born in a very wealthy family. Then all the company inherited to her. So what so special about her?

That's what people said about her when they don't know the story behind it. Even when Seulgi doesn't know much about the story behind, the more she work with Miss Bae the thought of jealousy never came to her mind anymore.

After everything she saw, the thought about Miss Bae having the perfect life Seulgi wish she have, it was all gone. Miss Bae life is completely different. It's more dark and so mysterious.

That anyone who want to know about her life need to do extra digging and there will always be obstacle along the way. So it never easy to know Miss Bae life because she, herself, is so secretive and protective of her own life.

Maybe there is secret she doesn't want anyone to know and she doesn't want people to see her weakness because people might go after her. Throwing hate comments when she already have enough of hate comments online. 

Which really not nessecary. 

"You never know what kind of person you meet in the future, Seulgi-sshi. And you need to protect yourself from it if you don't want to fall"

So deep.

Seulgi never heard anything so meaningful from Miss Bae. This is the first time and why does it make Miss Bae look so damn lonely? Just like how Jennie-sshi and Joy describe to her.

Is she...that lonely? Is it because of this Jisoo? What happened? How come this one person managed to turn Miss Bae into someone very secretive, mysterious, and cold?

What's their stories?

"Just like earlier?" Irene hummed.

Seulgi sigh.

"I know I'm just your secretary, Miss Bae but...if it's okay for you" 

The sincerity behind Seulgi's sentence attract Irene's attention to move her head, looking at the monolid girl sitting right beside her. What is this girl trying to say?

"I know I'm not Jennie-sshi but...you can trust me. I know trust is quiet a strong word but if that's what you need...you can trust me, Miss Bae. I'm not like other people you thought I am. Well maybe yeah I did hate you at first but it's all gone now" 

Irene didn't know why but she want to laugh. So this girl actually admitted that she hate her before. Then what made her change her mind? She wonder.

"Then what changes?" asked Irene.

"It will be hard to explain it but you just you...I-I don't know how to explain this but the more I work with you...the more I realize you were just being you and there is nothing wrong about it. People just jealous of you and they tend to throw hate comments, grudge, for something they don't like. Working with you, I saw other Bae Irene" said Seulgi.

She said it while looking down and she were biting her lips. Curious at how she became so brave to say those things. When actually it only running around in her mind.

"Other?"

"Yeah. I saw the real Bae Irene that not alot of people have the VIP tickets to see it with bare eyes"

Okay. Are you finish Seulgi? Because you sound really weird right now, thought Seulgi to herself.

When Miss Bae didn't say anything and the young CEO only have her eyes staring at Seulgi with unreadable expression, Seulgi thought she made the young CEO offended at some point.

Which part she made the young CEO offended? The real Bae Irene? . Seulgi doesn't know at all because everything she said before was really honest and came from the bottom of her heart.

Everything she said was true. She saw the real Bae Irene that no one knows. But if Miss Bae offended because of that part, she need to apologize right now.

"I'm so-"

"I will think about it" said Miss Bae.

Think what?

"N-ne?"

"Trusting you. I will think about it"