Training and New Thoughts

Home

After reading the contract and signing the paper, Seulgi let out a sigh. Sure that was her first time seeing a contract with 20 pages full page! She didn’t manage to read it all. It was too many. She was just reading the page about salaries and employees benefit.

Then she sign the paper. Though she will continue straight to her training program, her thought was wrong. 

Seulgi thought she would be train in some institute that teaches them how to be a good secretary. Or maybe Jennie invite a professional instructor to teach her. 

But the moment she arrive in the 20 floor, she thought she’s going inside a training room. Where Jennie would introduce her to the instructor. 

Clearly she was wrong. Coming to the building with a black long sleeve shirt and a black pants with 2 cm high heels which belongs to Joy, she feel very belong there. 

Though her look really presentable and suit with office environment, she still feel out of place. But nevertheless, Jennie look surprise the moment Seulgi arrived. She look amazing and more confident than yesterday.

The power of outfit is really amazing. But looks could be a lie. Seulgi wasn’t confident at all. First she’s very confuse because the instructor for today is none other than Kim Jennie herself.

“Y-you’re going to be my instructor?” Asked Seulgi.

“Well do you see anyone else here to teach you? Certainly no. When you want to become Miss Bae secretary, you need to learn from me. Not someone else. Okay so today we’re going to have a meeting. I want you to write everything that happen in that room. Then don’t forget to keep your eyes on me. Watch everything I do from now on and until the evening. You have your own notebook right?”

No. She only bring drawing book because that’s what she have. Instead of saying no, she nodded her head. Which bring a simple smile from Jennie.

“Alright. Better catch up with my pace, Seulgi. Because this is what you’re going to experience once you work as Miss Bae secretary officially. Which is by the end of this month. Got it? Okay. Let’s go!”

 

What could be more frustrating than handling shareholders complaints? Sure the other CEO would say nothing is more frustrating than facing the shareholders of their company. But Bae Irene would say different answer.

For Bae Irene it would be handling her mother and her sister. But worse it will be her sister. Coming to the office, Jennie would usually greet her by the elevator. But this time it wasn’t Jennie. It was someone else and she would never thought that girl will come to her office.

Why? Because she made it clear that she’s not allow to get near her office. Her presence will only ruin her mood. But here she is.

Looking around her office room like some kind of a inspector. Irene trying her best to avoid and ignore her sister presence. But it doesn’t work. This is Kim Jennie’s fault. She knew this is her best friend way of making her talkin with her family member.

Something she never like but Kim Jennie always insisted that she should fix her relationship with her family. Despite how much she hate this situation, she can’t never get mad at Jennie for acting like that.

Kim Jennie came from a wealthy and happy family. She is very close with her family and when she see Irene’s relationship with her family member, she was mad.

Irene should listen to her lectures for hours. Scolding her for behaving like that towards her family. But Jennie can’t blame everything on her. 

She act like that because ever since she was little, she never felt at home. Living in such a big house all alone. No communication, no warmth, no family vacation. She was all alone. 

Is this her revenge for making her childhood life miserable? No. This is her normal way of dealing with her family. Which is something Jennie disagree with her.

Kim Jennie always a very positive person. For her treating other who hurt you with the same way they treated you is wrong. We need to treat them nicely even if they hurt you. 

Sometimes Irene would listen to Jennie. Depends on Irene’s mood that day. If she’s in a bad mood then don’t ever hope she will welcome hrr mother and her sister in her office room.

It will only make things worse than it already has.

“You change your office room! Woahh please remind me how long has it been the last time I came here?”

“Aren’t you busy?”asked Irene.

“No. I’m on vacation! Why would I be busy?”

That was just Irene’s alibi to make her sister Wendy get out from her office room. But it seems she failed.

“I’m busy. What do you want to talk about?” Said Irene coldly while still looking at the paper.

“I came to visit. There is nothing urgent to talk”

“Then leave”

“Why are you so mean, unnie? Chill down or I call Jennie” said Wendy threatening slash joking but Irene never fond of it and to be honest, Wendy never address her with the word 'unnie'. She prefer the American style. 

“Don’t care”

When Wendy was about say something, a knock is heard and Irene let that person in. Only to reveal Jennie and a girl dress in black.

Do you believe in love at first sight? Well if you don’t then Wendy believe it. Because the moment her eyes lays down on the stranger behind Jennie, her heart beat fast.

For her, she is the most beautiful girl she ever seen. Even girls in Canada is not that pretty than this girl in black.

“The meeting is about to start, Miss Bae. You need to dress up” said Jennie which made Irene look at her weirdly by raising one eyebrow.

Jennie said that to help Seulgi understand what she need to do. Usually Jennie wouldn’t say that. She usually take Irene’s blazer which the CEO put at the back of her chair.

Since now Jennie have someone to teach, she want to make everything clear by saying what’s not necessary before.

“You don’t usually talk about it”

“I’m trying to be dramatic today”

Irene roll her eyes before her eyes lay on the girl behind Jennie. That girl face is familiar but she can’t remember where she met her. 

Jennie who seems to notice Irene’s confusion, she chuckle. Didn’t Irene asked about Seulgi yesterday? Yet she already forget about her. Irene is not good at rememberin people’s name. She tend to not care ever since people put attention to her.

“She’s Kang Seulgi. Your new secretary. Didn’t you guys met yesterday?” Said Jennie.

Seulgi feel the need to bow and she did. But Irene just stare at her before she walk pass her followed by Jennie. 

Jennie said she should take notes on everything. She didn’t specifically say not to take notes about Bae Irene. 

So here she right it with full force on the pen and make circles around it. Not forgetting how her eyes glare at the young CEO from her back.

She wrote,

Bae Irene doesn’t like new people

Before she could follow Jennie, a short blonde hair girl stop right infront of her. 

“Hi! I’m Wendy!”

Seulgi just bow and leave her hand hanging. She doesn’t want to be left behind because she have to introduce hersef to the girl name Wendy. 

She have training to catch up and she wouldn’t want Bae Irene to have bad impression about her.

 

“EXO will be our brand new ambassador. They will be the face of our new AI which will be launch next month. Miss Bae will directly have a meeting with their CEO this weekend”

Sitting right next to Jennie, Seulgi make sure she takes note of everything that happen in that meeting. Jennie seems to take notes on important things regarding the whole meeting. Such as the employees attendances, main point of the meeting, additional information that is not in the meeting agenda, and Miss Bae next appointment.

Seems there is a lot she need to do as a secretary. But was it all really necessary? Employees attendaces? How is that important? 

Regardless the weird notes Jennie is taking, Seulgi make sure to write every single thing. She already write three pages just for a meeting situation. There is alot to do on her plate and sure Seulgi need time to adjust with everything.

Especially Miss Bae pace. She walk so fast almost like running. And she want everything right at the place. She is very strict with time and schedule. So late is not tolerated and Seulgi make sure to never be late.

During the meeting, Miss Bae would always remain quiet and listen to her employees. For someone like her, she may think this company is sucessful because of the employees.

Since the very beginning the employees are the only one talking and giving information to Miss Bae. Sounds like she doesn’t have anything on her plate at all.

But who is Kang Seulgi to ask that? There’s a lot of things Seulgi didn’t know about Bae Irene. But one thing she know is that she is crazy rich .

“Miss Bae, would you like one of us to accompany you this weekend? Sure we have heard the CEO of Exo Company is not a very gentleman as what people said about him. It will be more save if one of us help you there” said Minho.

Not very gentleman’. Seulgi take note of that. Next she stare at Miss Bae who seems to be in deep thought. But who knows?

She has been in this meeting with her straight face. No one knows if she agree with the suggestion or not at all. That make Seulgi really curious about her yet sh feel annoyed with the CEO reaction.

Can’t she at least smile a little? Or she has a motoric problem on her face? Maybe she was born with some disease that’s not allow her to smile. 

Wait. Is it even exist?

“No. Thank you. I have my secretary and her puppy accompanying me this weekend. Please presume” said Irene.

P-puppy? Who is Miss Bae referring to? Seulgi look around the meeting room to find Jennie’s puppy. But the she could only find herself sitting beside Jennie.

Which only mean she was referring ‘puppy‘ to her. Once she finally understand that, she clench her hand tightly almost breaking the pen.

She can hear someone chuckling beside her and found Jennie grinning at her. Then she get herself back to focus on the meeting.

What is her problem really? She is not her secretary yet but she already create problem with her. Not just problem but like she is trying to build a wall between them.

Seriously. Is the CEO really hate her that much? Then Jennie not suppose to hire her if Miss Bae doesn’t like her. How can she work in this kind of situation?

“Meeting dismiss” said Miss Bae.

Everyone gather their things before leaving the meeting room. Like always Jennie would come up to Irene and handed her the summary of today’s meeting.

“Thanks Jen. What is my schedule next?”

“That was the last meeting for today. It’s lunch time. Aren’t you going to eat?”

“I don’t have time to eat”

“Well, your next schedule is meeting with your uncle”

“Okay. Bring me the file for this weekend meeting. Did Kim Bum already bought the equipment?”

“Yes. I will check again later” 

“Good job, Jen” said Miss bae before walk out from the room meeting.

Getting back to the 20 floor, Miss Bae went inside her room while Seulgi waiting inside Jennie’s which just right infront of Miss Bae office room. She let a out a big sigh.

Being Miss Bae secretary sure is tiring. She still trying to find her pace. Following Jennie since the beginning until the meeting was over, it was probably her very first time spending almost four hours without any rest.

She want to take back what she said. Working in a formal environment sure is not her style. But what is her choice anyway? This job is right infront of her.

She knew she need the job for the money. So what she need to do is work harder.

“You’re quiet well for a first timer. I bet you are tired but before you could rest, drink that. We need check something in the basement” said Jennie as she pointed at the water bottle on her desk.

Seulgi nodded and drink almost half the bottle. Jennie chuckle but for a first timer like Seulgi, she’s quiet skillful. Though she came from a different background, doing arts and not very familiar with office environment, she’s not that bad.

Once Seulgi is finish, Jennie take her to the basement. They need to check the golf equipment Kim Bum bought earlier. Just to make sure everything is in good condition.

 

Staring out from her car window, usually she woild keep her mind busy with her medical record. But since she got out from her sister building, sure her mind is occupied by something else.

More as someone else. The girl she saw awhile ago, following Jennie like a little puppy. She is very pretty. Her monolid eyes is her charm.

What was her name again? Kang Su? Kang Seu? Kang Seulgi! Right! Seems like only her sister who is pretty bad at remembering people’s name! 

Hah! See? She have something she can be proud of and show off to her sister. 

Kang Seulgi. She will be Irene’s new secretary. That girl will surely have hard time dealing with Irene’s behavior. Clearly Irene doesn’t like Kang Seulgi from the way she saw her. Her eyes speak everything.

Well then she need to do something to make Kang Seulgi happy, right? At least to make her feel comfortable working with Irene.

“Mark, please stop at the usual bakery” 

 

“Miss Bae play golf?”

“Yes. It’s her business sport. Usually all the deal happen there. You will see it this weekend. Oh about that make sure to empty your schedule this weekend. But I bet you have nothing to do this weekend” said Jennie.

Though it’s true but is everyone who whork in formal environment always a straight forward person? Seulgi hissed feeling abit annoyed because of the truth Jennie said.

Jennie asked her to go to the basement and check the golf equipment Miss Bae’s cauver just bought. From the way her eyes see it, it was bought from a bery expensive brand and is famous for their quality.

Sure why Seulgi is not surprise? Miss Bae is rich. There is no way she would buy from unknown brand.

“Everything seems okay and in good condition. Next Miss Bae will meet her uncle. So we need to wait for her uncle in the lobby with Miss Bae. Now we need to pick up the CEO. Come on”

 

18.27. Is Seulgi sweating right now? Wait! Is she panting right now? Oh gosh what happened? Oh! no need worried. She was just tried after following Jennie around. Let’s say Jennie make ran like a marathon. 

Now she can finally can sit down and rest after the long day with Kim Jennie and Bae Irene. Sure both of them doesn’t know what it means to rest.

“Is it too late for me to decline the offer?” Said Seulgi.

Jennie told her to rest in her office room while she call someone outside. Seulgi wouldn’t want to know who she is calling. All she want right now is to lay down and sleep.

But seems like her eyes wouldn’t let her sleep. Then he decided to take her time to close her eyes for awhile. Ever since she came to this office, she haven't got the chance to look around the office.

Why would she bother to do that? As a former artist, observing her surrounding was her job. Now it's become her speciality. Then she will draw whatever in her mind and put her emotion into it.

After her mother's death, emotion seems to be something she would avoid to put in her painting. It is something very sensitive for her and she would like to keep her emotion just for herself.

Since now is the right time to look around and observe things, she get up from the sofa and walk around the room. Observing every things in that medium room. 

It was something Seulgi would prefer to say...simple. Just a sofa, a tiny table with bottle drinks on it, and then there is a work table and a chair behind it, then on the right side of the room(you imagine it from the door) it's the wide window. 

Anyone who is in that room could beautiful Seoul from up here. Sure it's beautiful. Next, on the left side Seulgi could see various of books and pictures being put on the bookshelf which are made one with the wall. 

Seems like Kim Jennie is someone who like to read. Seulgi decide not to look at the detail. One thing for sure that caught Seulgi's eyes is the several pictures there.

One of the picture shows two girls smiling to the camera with the sea behind them. She knew one of the girls which are Jennie-sshi. The other one she is not sure who but from the way Jennie have her hand holding her waist and have her head on the other girl shoulder, maybe she is her girlfriend.

Since Seulgi didn't find any similiarity between the two. Or maybe someone else, Seulgi not putting too much care on it. Then move to the other picture, it's a picture of three girls. Jennie, her girlfriend(possibility), and Bae Irene. 

They are smiling but not as wide as before. Bae Irene is worse than the two. Jennie and her girlfriend is smiling to the camera but Bae Irene didn't. Her face is so tense, sad, and dark. Like she was in deep sadness.

Seulgi doesn't understand why and she doesn't know the reason why because even the background can't explain where they are and what made Bae Irene so sad that day.

Moving on to the next picture, it was a lot happier than before. The different from the other pictures are there are four people in that picture. Jennie, her girlfriend, Bae Irene, and a girl.

All of them were embrace ach other shoulder and were smiling to the camera. Not all of them had their eyes to the camera. Bae Irene was looking to the girl that standing beside her.

With eyes Seulgi couldn't understand what they meant. Bae Irene was looking at the girl beside her, with her lips forming a smile. A very wide smile Seulgi rarely see even at the workplace and the meeting.

Who is that girl? What make that girl look very special in Bae Irene eyes? Her girlfriend? Bae Irene has a girlfriend? Why Seulgi sound so surprise?

"Miss Bae is done for today and she is going for her family dinner. Stop seeing things that doesn't belong to you, Seulgi-sshi. Where is the note you took for today observation?" 

Seulgi quickly take her note that she put on the table infront of the sofa. Then she give it to Jennie and bow.

"Sorry, Miss Kim. For looking around" said Seulgi.

"It's okay. But make sure not to look around Miss Bae office room. She wouldn't like it" 

She make sure to keep that in mind because she doesn't want to see Miss Bae angry. It would be very scary for her to watch. 

While Jennie looking through her note, Seulgi keep on finding Jennie smile everytime she flip a page. She wonder if there is something funny in her note. She is sure she didn't draw anything or doodle anyhting on her notes.

"You really a good observant, Seulgi-sshi"

That's a compliment. A good first impression on her very first day of training. 

"But it will be enough to observe what I'm doing. You don't need to describe Miss Bae's behavior during the meeting. But overall, you did a good job" said Jennie.

What Jennie said really surprise her because she thought she was just saying it to herself. Never she realized she was actually writing down her thoughts too there.

Stupid Kang Seulgi, thought Seulgi.

"Oh and one thing for you to know. Miss Bae isn't use to new people. She doesn't hate people. She is just trying to make some distance with people. You will know her once you work for her later. Therefore you will see a lot of things about Miss Bae" said Jennie.

Seulgi remain quiet since she doesn't know what to say anymore. She thought Jennie is finish but she was wrong.

"What do you think about Miss Bae? Seulgi-sshi?" asked Jennie literally out of nowhere.

Her thought about Miss Bae? Of course cold! She's a cold princess in a big castle. But how can Seulgi say that to Miss Bae secretary? Knowing that probably they are very close. 

From the way she saw the picture earlier, sure Jennie and Miss Bae are not just secretary and CEO. They probably are friends. 

To answer Jennie's question, Seulgi prefer to stay silence and Jennie understood that. So, she let out a smile and lean her body forward. Letting her hands be her support on her working table.

"Seulgi-sshi"

"Y-yes?" 

"Miss Bae might be a cold person. But she have her own reasons for that and she is not what you are thinking she is. People said bad things about her but they only said that because they don't know her. You'll understand what I'm saying once you get close to her. So don't worry about getting fired on your first day of work. She won't dare to do that" said Jennie.

Seulgi didn't know what to feel that time. Grateful? Sad? Worried? Seulgi doesn't know. Why? First Jennie change her perspective about Bae Irene. Second she's telling her about not to be afraid of getting fired at the first day of work.

It only mean Jennie knew she will be very confuse in her first day of work later. Then about Miss Bae. Somehow, even though she hate her for being rich and all of that s, what Jennie said to her about Miss Bae catches her attention.

What is it about Miss Bae? She sound so mysterious for a person like her who is very famous and well known around the Asia and South Korea. Sometimes she is invited to come to a show and people of South Korea would praise her for her knowledge in business.

Everyone seems to know her life, her behavior, her salaries, and everything. But just one day spending her time as Kim Jennie puppy, she can say, she doesn't know anything about Miss Bae.

From the way she saw her today, Miss Bae was someone else. She wasn't the Miss Bae everyone said about her. Miss Bae is a quiet person because that's her. Miss Bae sound very cold because that's her. Miss Bae rarely smile because...maybe she has her own reasons. Like Jennie said.

So, it's very confusing and mysterious for Seulgi.

And that night her mind couldn't stop thinking about her soon to be boss. Wondering why would people talk bad things about her when people don't know her and why the hell she bother to hear what people said about Miss Bae? When she obviously doesn't know her?

Maybe that's just human nature. Always act like they know everything when they only see the surface. They love to gossips and say things without clarifying the facts. Because lying seems so fun and attempting. 

That night, Seulgi make sure she throw all the bad things she heard about Miss Bae and promise she will try her best to see Miss Bae other side that not all people have the chances to see it.